New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package

New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package

Tuesday, September 18th, 2007 3:56am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 21,576

Well it’s about time! Justitoys has new pictures on their website featuring the stock and silencer (in package) for MP Megatron. The great news is that it’s “Ready to ship”

The packaged set called - MP5 Upgrade Package, features replica extensions, which transform into Megatron’s Particle Beam Cannon. The upgrade package also includes two new black leg plates, which will replace MP Megatron’s present leg plates. The leg plates are rumored to be made of die-cast metal to give the figure a more weighted feel. The leg plates also feature a tweaked mold which allows the stock extension to attach in gun mode.

Package

Click here to see more pictures.
*Note the new molded leg plates.

Credit(s): Justitoys, iron maniac

This article was last modified on Tuesday, September 18th, 2007 4:04am CDT

Re: New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package (349441)
Posted by Stormrider on September 18th, 2007 @ 3:57am CDT
iron maniac wrote:Sorry in advance if this has been posted already but I saw some new pics of Justitoys MP-5 Upgrade Package on their website. The packaging looks pretty damn nice!
MP-5 Upgrade

I hope this means they are close to coming out soon, I have one on Pre-Order from Digital Toys!

Front paged and credited. :D
Re: New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package (349446)
Posted by Super Megatron on September 18th, 2007 @ 4:04am CDT
Happiness is a warm gun.
Re: New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package (349449)
Posted by i_amtrunks on September 18th, 2007 @ 4:12am CDT
Sounds like a cool add on extension set.

Too bad it cant get rid of the rusty feet.
Re: New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package (349459)
Posted by Toyotus Superion on September 18th, 2007 @ 4:24am CDT
Can we just buy it already sheesh!
Re: New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package (349486)
Posted by DARKAGEIS on September 18th, 2007 @ 5:36am CDT
Methusalen wrote:Am I the only one thrown off by the fact that they don't show it attatched to Meg's gun mode? Is this to prevent issues with shipping or selling a "gun toy"? I'm curious to know how the stock is attached to Meg's pistol grip...

Very cool none-the-less... I'd just like to see more pictures of the final project!

if you scroll over the back of the box pic it shows the gun mode,

but if the leg plates are dye cast im dreading how much this might be
Re: New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package (349500)
Posted by Stormrider on September 18th, 2007 @ 6:01am CDT
Re: New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package (349506)
Posted by DARKAGEIS on September 18th, 2007 @ 6:15am CDT
Stormrider wrote:I'm so tempted to buy this, but I'd kick myself if Takara then announces- their "Perfect Edition" with bonus features.

ala mp04, yep you share my fear but i walready bought meg's i aint gonna get him again just for the offical gun parts
Re: New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package (349512)
Posted by DevastaTTor on September 18th, 2007 @ 6:18am CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:Sounds like a cool add on extension set.

Too bad it cant get rid of the rusty feet.

My thoughts exactly. It'd be nice if they not only made the figure cooler and more complete but fixed that rust problem too.
Re: New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package (349524)
Posted by DoubleOScorpio on September 18th, 2007 @ 6:34am CDT
What I'd love to see is a "Perfect Edition" Ultra Magnus with a transformable trailer that becomes his body armor.
Re: New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package (349539)
Posted by Brainmaster Bruiser on September 18th, 2007 @ 6:49am CDT
The only other thing I would have hoped with this kit is that they would have included the Japanese Megatron's original silver sword and rifle. Becuase that seems to be the only thing missing now, and Boy those would be cool.

For soem reason I really like Megs with a true sword, and not just the beam dagger. :)
Re: New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package (349552)
Posted by Archanubis on September 18th, 2007 @ 7:00am CDT
I'm getting a broken link message when I click on the links.
Re: New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package (349555)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on September 18th, 2007 @ 7:03am CDT
I want this booster pack more than I wanted the figure! That shoulder mount is amazing!
Re: New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package (349582)
Posted by iron maniac on September 18th, 2007 @ 7:42am CDT
Stormrider wrote:Front paged and credited. :D

Wow, I feel like one of the gang now! LOL
Re: New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package (349663)
Posted by Counterpunch on September 18th, 2007 @ 9:04am CDT

I don't think I'd want to deal with the hassle of importing Megatron again. :?
Re: New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package (349694)
Posted by mandingo_rex on September 18th, 2007 @ 9:32am CDT
You know, I bought the MP-01 trailer upgrade that JustiToys released like a year or so before the official Takara version came out, and at first I was pissed when MP-04 was released... but then I was like, you know what... These guys did almost as good a job as the real company... a YEAR in advance... plus it displays on the shelf and for me, the trailer alone is good enough. Sure, it doesn't unfold into the command deck, but Takara couldn't figure out a way to include Roller... so it still wasn't "right" in my opinion. The only trailer I've seen so far that WAS right is the upscaled G1 Prime trailer WITH Roller, but those puppies sold out fast, and they're much longer too.

I commend JustiToys for taking it upon themselves to make Megatron right when Takara dropped the ball the first time. It looks amazing. And if it's anything close to the quality of the Prime trailer, they've got my money. I may wait to get it to see a review or 2 first, since the biggest thing I'm hoping for is the metal leg additions. Anything to keep Megs posed WITH his cannon without him stooping sideways or doing a split would be well worth it to me.

Although I will probably only attach them in gunmode once or twice just to say I did it, I still really want it just so Megs feels "complete". And I'd sleep in my dorkbed a lot happier at night. :D
Re: New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package (349783)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on September 18th, 2007 @ 10:22am CDT
Wait this has more then the original release?
Re: New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package (349803)
Posted by An_de on September 18th, 2007 @ 10:38am CDT
Re: New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package (349849)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 18th, 2007 @ 10:59am CDT
An_de wrote:Can Megatron's weapon separate from his hand? Because in all of the pictures he is seen with weapon attached.

Yes it can detach. But keep in mind (this goes for anyone else new here) this is just an add-on kit for Takara's MP-05 Megatron figure. It only comes with gunstock, silencer, and replacement leg parts for Megatron. Megatron only came with the scope part of the accessories shown here.

I'm interested in this kit, especially hearing about the replacement leg pieces. Not sure if I'll be able to afford it, but I'm interested.
Re: New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package (349854)
Posted by skywarp-2 on September 18th, 2007 @ 11:00am CDT
buying it!!!
Re: New Pics Of MP-5 Upgrade Package (350229)
Posted by VestigialHeart on September 18th, 2007 @ 2:25pm CDT
The set looks awesome. The only problem i have with these pictures is that it appears that even Justitoys has neglected to clean off the rust from Megs. I need to soon. It just looks sad. Luckily his feet are well hidden behind Prime's lifeless corpse on my shelf >=)

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots - Heatwave the Fire-Bot Boat" on EBAY
Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Lazerback" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "transformers Prime Beast Hunters voyager PREDAKING - 100% complete lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Beetle Bumblebee Spike Volkswagen Action Figure" on EBAY