New Simon Furman Blog

New Simon Furman Blog

Friday, August 10th, 2007 4:36pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Raymond T.   Views: 18,913

Longtime Transformers writer Simon Furman has updated his blog page. Discussing his most recent work on comics. The following has been taken directly from his latest scribe.

"SCRIPT (W)RAP

Haven’t done one of these in a while, so here (for your delectation) is my post-script perambulations on Transformers Devastation #4 (as spoiler-free as I can make ‘em). Big, big dust up this issue, as pretty much all the Autobots (Optimus Prime included) take on Sixshot. Apart from some pretty spectacular pyrotechnics and some crunching action (not everyone gets out unscathed, I’m warning you), what makes this battle notable is that the world is watching. It’s been coming ever since Sixshot arrived on Earth and his actions in Devastation #1-3 have kind of made it inevitable, but at last the general populace of Earth gets to see giant robot vs giant robot ‘live at five.’ Trust me, nothing will ever be the same again in the IDW/TF-verse. Oh, and Hot Rod and Wheeljack find that time (of which they had plenty in issue #1) is tick, ticking away, both for themselves (due to the unwanted attentions of the Headmasters) and for poor old Ironhide (for whom matters are distinctly, um, pressing). And Hunter takes an irreversible step, forever defining his distinctly intertwined destiny with the robots in disguise. And we also (”there’s more?”, I hear you say) have a crowd-pleasing cameo (that ties in to both one of the already published Spotlights and one of the upcoming ones too) for you to savour, plus the full-blooded return of… ah, but that’d be telling. I’m that excited, I’d better go write issue #5, find out what happens next! Transformers Devastation #4 hits in December. For more details of all IDW’s upcoming Transformers releases go here.
".

Credit(s): simonfurman.wordpress.com

Re: New Simon Furman Blog (275426)
Posted by 1337W422102 on August 10th, 2007 @ 5:03pm CDT
Oooh, this is going to be good. I love Infiltration and Escalation, I haven't gotten around to reading Devastation yet. I'll see if I can wait until all of the Devastation issues come out and then read them all.
Re: New Simon Furman Blog (275446)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on August 10th, 2007 @ 5:17pm CDT
SIXSHOT IS F___ING AWESOME!
Re: New Simon Furman Blog (275504)
Posted by Ramrider on August 10th, 2007 @ 5:40pm CDT
This does sound good. Similarly, I haven't seen Devastation at all yet, but my cheque just cleared today so I have temporary virtual money in the bank. Time to nip to the comic shop, methinks, I have about three months to catch up on... :grin:
Re: New Simon Furman Blog (275519)
Posted by horus on August 10th, 2007 @ 5:51pm CDT
hell.. here comes grimlock again...
Re: New Simon Furman Blog (275521)
Posted by Cyber-Kun on August 10th, 2007 @ 5:52pm CDT
YES! Sixshot against ALL The Autobots!
Re: New Simon Furman Blog (275667)
Posted by Moonbase2 on August 10th, 2007 @ 9:39pm CDT
He's enjoying his power over us!

PLEASE don't kill Ratchet! I don't think I can handle it again! And I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Starscream again. Looks like I really got into comics at the right time.
Re: New Simon Furman Blog (275845)
Posted by i_amtrunks on August 11th, 2007 @ 12:10am CDT
Furman is usually fairly subtle in his script wraps, mentioning things we coulod have more or less guessed for ourselves, but never really giving any decent info.

This is different for him, giving away a fair whack of info, and implying big things happening in Devastation 1-3.

Looking forward to it.
Re: New Simon Furman Blog (276140)
Posted by Leonardo on August 11th, 2007 @ 6:35am CDT
Should be good. I'm looking forward to it!
Re: New Simon Furman Blog (276194)
Posted by King Henrik on August 11th, 2007 @ 7:54am CDT
just so you guys know, none of the devestation issues are out yet... he's just talking abuot the scripts he's written for them so far... i cuold be wrong but i beleive issue 1 is scheduled for september
Re: New Simon Furman Blog (277621)
Posted by Moonbase2 on August 11th, 2007 @ 11:44pm CDT
Do you guys think this "crowd-pleasing" cameo might be Soundwave? It's already evident Shockwave's coming in to play.
Re: New Simon Furman Blog (279864)
Posted by Bass X0 on August 13th, 2007 @ 3:55am CDT
I think I remember him saying Grimlock and Shockwave won't return until Revelation, the six-parter after the Devastation six-parter.
Re: New Simon Furman Blog (280032)
Posted by Moonbase2 on August 13th, 2007 @ 7:41am CDT
So....Soundwave? Please let it be Soundwave!
Re: New Simon Furman Blog (280390)
Posted by waaaaghlord on August 13th, 2007 @ 11:43am CDT
My gut says either Banzaitron or Doubledealer, foreshadowing something to do with the Magnificance coming up in Revelation, but the 'fan pleasing' bit makes me think Soundwave is more likely.
Re: New Simon Furman Blog (280434)
Posted by Moonbase2 on August 13th, 2007 @ 12:14pm CDT
Well, Soundwave has already been connected to Shockwave, and he's been stuck in his cassette mode on earth, and rediscovered around the current timeline. So....

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Funko Pop! Retro Toys G1 Transformers SHOCKWAVE #83 SDCC 2021 Shared Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "WINDBLADE Legion Class RARE Transformers Robots In Disguise Hasbro New Figure" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Transformers Combiner Wars WHEELJACK Deluxe Class Complete Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "AIR RAID Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Aerialbot Superion 2015 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise SPRINGLOAD Incomplete Action Figure Frog RID Fig" on EBAY