New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram

New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram

Monday, August 27th, 2018 3:44pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 17,788

Hasbro has put up a new post on the Transformers Instagram with a teaser for some upcoming Transformers Studio Series reveals coming very shortly! The simplistic post, which we've mirrored below, just bares the Studio Series packaging banner and the words "Coming soon", and then points you to the Hasbro Pulse account, supposedly where the reveals will be posted. We don't know what these figures are exactly, but it would make sense to imagine the new figures would somehow relate to the upcoming Bumblebee movie.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for an article covering the new Studio Series toys as soon as they're revealed!!

Transformers News: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram

Credit(s): Transformers Instagram

Re: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram (1980872)
Posted by Tommy T. on August 27th, 2018 @ 4:17pm CDT
Come on Hasbro, give us a leader junkheap
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram (1980873)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 27th, 2018 @ 4:27pm CDT
Can't wait to see what they will reveal, and I can't help but wonder if the often rumoured bonecrusher will be part of them
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram (1980876)
Posted by DaXtraLargeRobot on August 27th, 2018 @ 5:04pm CDT
I'm hoping for Bonecrusher, maybe a tlk Onslaught, 2007 or dotm Megatron, , rotf Long Haul, dotm Mirage (that probably won't happen though), dotm Shockwave, or Dotm Sentinel Prime. Personally, these make the most sense to me make next for the studio series, and the ones that I'm hoping for the most, but I'm probably forgetting someone though (a Bumblebee movie Blitzwing would be pretty awesome too, it could confirm whether he's a triple changer or not, has that been confirmed?)

I've edited this twice already and I posted it like five minutes ago :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram (1980881)
Posted by skycutter on August 27th, 2018 @ 5:26pm CDT
i agree with most, also, mirage/Dino has been kinda confirmed to be coming out by some listing a couple of weeks back, though it could be a codename, but it kinda doubtful because of it name
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram (1980883)
Posted by DaXtraLargeRobot on August 27th, 2018 @ 5:31pm CDT
skycutter wrote:
i agree with most, also, mirage/Dino has been confirmed to be part of Studio series by some listing a couple of weeks back

Was he really? I thought that they had a lot of issues with the company that owned his car mode (can't remember what it was). If so, that's awesome, I've always loved his design, and we never got an official figure of him.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram (1980884)
Posted by skycutter on August 27th, 2018 @ 5:34pm CDT
as i said, could be a codename, but it doubtful, another thing is, the vehicle mode could be different than the movie, but that doesn't mean his robot mode won't be, unsure if i post a link to the listing it would work or i'm allowed to so i won't try unless i know for certain
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram (1980885)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 27th, 2018 @ 5:37pm CDT
skycutter wrote:

Dino has been listed, but... now that I think about it, Ferrari has been a bit of a pain to deal with since Mattel's Hot Wheels had an exclusive license with them. Though, chances are things have loosened in the mean time, we got "Hot Rod" back after all.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram (1980886)
Posted by .... on August 27th, 2018 @ 5:52pm CDT
Please pleeease Bonecrusher and/or Barricade :PRAY:
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram (1980887)
Posted by What's Crackin'? on August 27th, 2018 @ 5:58pm CDT
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram (1980894)
Posted by .... on August 27th, 2018 @ 6:21pm CDT
What's Crackin'? wrote:Considering the leaks on amazon, this will most likely be the Voyager Bonecrusher and the New Voyager Prime. I can't wait!

I'm so curious to see if it's an appropriately sized AoE/TLK Optimus, or a DotM one, or even his Evasion/Bumblebee movie design. I'd like any of these actually. :-?
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram (1980915)
Posted by Bronzewolf on August 27th, 2018 @ 7:34pm CDT
So while I would literally be over the moon for a licensed, accurate 488 mode for Dino, Ferrari licensing is an absolute nightmare. Hot wheels actually completely lost the licence a couple years ago, and have been struggling to get it back ever since. They've been a real pain about it. So while that might be a good or bad thing for Hasbro, Ferrari's parent company also owns Fiat Chrysler Auto., who just gave their license to Takara for Masterpiece Hound. So iduno 8-} Anything is possible.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram (1980916)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 27th, 2018 @ 7:37pm CDT
Picked up these 3 SS dudes on Saturday. Opened Megatron for the GF to take pictures with her new camera (she chose him) and opened the other 2 last night. Only transformed Megs so far.

Gotta say, wave 2 is kinda backwards from wave 1. The leaders won wave 1 and the deluxes were very lackluster in comparison, and then this wave the deluxes are the clear winners and the voyagers are quite odd. Megs tank mode did not want to cooperate and the feet and location of the knees really bother me. Something is not quite right with Brawl's proportions either. Lockdown is fantastic all around and Jazz is quite fun, but a bit puny. The only reason Jazz isn't the clear winner is because he's a bit too tiny and I wish his backpack could fold up better by Carnivus' custom so the spoiler was behind his head.

In fact, I think that if you take his original deluxe and the new SS one, and mixed some elements of both, you would have the perfect retail Jazz.

Nice Ironhide Carn BTW! I will be passing on him and getting the MPM and keeping my current DotM Ironhide in my shelf, but he does look very nice! My sis loves him, so he is sort of special to my by extent.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram (1980919)
Posted by .... on August 27th, 2018 @ 7:50pm CDT
I have a few ideas for how to make better Jazz hands. 8-)
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram (1980934)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 27th, 2018 @ 8:50pm CDT
Lokimus wrote:I have a few ideas for how to make better Jazz hands. 8-)

*ba-dum, tish!*
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram (1980948)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 27th, 2018 @ 10:48pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Gotta say, wave 2 is kinda backwards from wave 1. The leaders won wave 1 and the deluxes were very lackluster in comparison, and then this wave the deluxes are the clear winners and the voyagers are quite odd.

We have very different opinions on these. I don't have all the figrues from wave 1 but the ones I do own I find Grimlock to be by far my least favourite Studio Series purchase (and one of my least fave action figure purchases in years and the high cost has putme off Blackout until I can find him much cheaper) and have at many times considered selling him which I haven't felt with any of my other Studio purchases whereas I've played with Ratchet and Bumblebee a hell of a lot (also the voyagers Starscream and Prime). I absolutely love RotF Megatron as well and yes Lockdown is great and part of the reason I love Studio Jazz is they got his size right and he's an awesome little dude. Yeah the backpack could have been done better but overall really happy with him and he's had a lot of time on my desk being transformed back and forth over the past couple months. :)

Hm wondering why my news credit still says 11 when i have 13 news items listed?
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram (1980959)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 28th, 2018 @ 12:27am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Hm wondering why my news credit still says 11 when i have 13 news items listed?

Re: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram (1980960)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 28th, 2018 @ 12:42am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:I think why Studio Series Grimlock is so appealing to many other collectors has to do with the fact that it's the best looking representation of movie Grimlock, in either mode, that we've gotten, period. The Leader class version we got from Age of Extinction left a lot to be desired in terms of sculpt, proportions, and deco (even for those releases where it was "trying" to be screen accurate). Anything smaller than Leader class is just the wrong size, so none of the Voyager class ones work either for anyone concerned with scale in their collection. Studio Series Grimlock may not be perfect, by any means, but it's a good size for a retail line figure (we'll never get Titan class movie Dinobots, let alone Grimlock), looks the part in terms of sculpt and paint, and has some fairly cool transformation and engineering tricks going on, like hiding a whole second fake dino head in alt mode. Every other movie Grimlock before just made do with splitting the one dino head into shoulder pauldrons, which, believe it or not, is NOT screen accurate. Each shoulder piece is supposed to be complete all the way around.

Yeah i know all this but i just find the figure overly simplistic for a Leader class figure, I hate that there's no way to have a right hand cos it's just the spiked ball and the Dino mode is very lacking to me. I really dislike how the parts of the back end and tail don't really connect at all (and that long rubber bit is very annoying), and the robot mode's left hand (which I find messy enough in robot mode due to having the dino's arms just placed there) is clearly visible in the neck area (the only way it blends it at all is that it's the same colour all over, if it got a repaint like a G1 colour layout for example it would become even more blatantly obvious). I love the sculpt and detail work, I just find the figure itself isn't very satisfying for the price and size. I pick it up and it feels like one of the large simple Transformer figures they aim at young kids rather than a more complex Transformer of many parts and complexity like say RotF Optimus Prime (for example of a Leader figure that feels more worth the money). The DNA Design kit will fix some of the issues I have (like giving him a proper right hand for one) but it does mean after buying it I will have spent over £80 on what will still likely feel very unsatisfying and dull for a movie Transformer figure to me. I get that other people like it but when I look at it I just get a lil feeling of buyer's remorse that I just haven't felt with any of the other Studio figures I own and for those reasons (and probably more I can't think right now cos it's too early in the morning) it's my least fave figure of my otherwise very welcome Studio collection.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram (1981023)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 28th, 2018 @ 11:36am CDT

39486283_287124768736011_6838301028652154880_n.jpg
37508235_251150105732462_8819773728121421824_n.jpg
39600349_2329220800632428_7955918451841695744_n.jpg
39591436_712712565739151_8977798343879032832_n.jpg

pics from https://www.instagram.com/capcomkai/?hl=en
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram (1981028)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on August 28th, 2018 @ 1:05pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Not sure if i should post this here cos it's an upscaled KO with improved parts (like two hands and a weapon) but though people might like to see this BMB OS Grimlock

39486283_287124768736011_6838301028652154880_n.jpg
37508235_251150105732462_8819773728121421824_n.jpg
39600349_2329220800632428_7955918451841695744_n.jpg
39591436_712712565739151_8977798343879032832_n.jpg

pics from https://www.instagram.com/capcomkai/?hl=en

Oh no. I want that.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Teaser Image Posted on Instagram (1981029)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 28th, 2018 @ 1:12pm CDT
I've pre-ordered it (out in october apparently) and put my official one up on ebay. I was gonna get the DNA Design kit but this figure has it all installed already and at the bigger size and is very affordable (worked out at £45 for figure and £17 for shipping to UK, and i put down a 10 dollar deposit, whatever that is in pounds) so i figured eh let's have a go.

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Hotrod, Cogman, Stinger lot" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Autobot HOUND Earthrise WFC G1 MISB lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hound - Siege War for Cybertron BNIB" on EBAY
Buy "5x Transformers.All In Boxes Sideswipe,Doubledealer,Shockwave, Skipjack,Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters Firedrive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "New Sparkless Seeker with Minifigures Transformers War for Cybertron Netflix #3" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War For Cybertron Wheeljack & Red Alert NETFLIX Siege" on EBAY