Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge

Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge

Sunday, July 18th, 2010 12:14pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 45,520

Non-photoshopped official images of Generations Wave 4 have popped up on Entertainment Earth. This wave features familiar faces; Cybertronian Optimus Prime, Cybertronian Soundwave, Cybertronian Megatron and Red Alert. There's also some new faces, as Blurr, a remold of Generations Drift, and Dirge, a repaint of Gentai Dirge, are included too. This wave is set for release in October. Check out the listing below!

Generations Wave 4
This batch of exciting robot warriors includes 8 individually packaged figures, including:
1x Megatron (War for Cybertron)
1x Soundwave (War for Cybertron)
1x Red Alert
2x Dirge
2x Blurr
1x Optimus Prime (War for Cybertron)

Keep it at Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): Entertainment Earth

This article was last modified on Sunday, July 18th, 2010 6:30pm CDT

Re: Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge (1099668)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 18th, 2010 @ 12:39pm CDT
The following are on my "To Get" list;

*Red Alert
*Dirge
*Blurr
*Soundwave
*Megatron
*Optimus Prime

In other words... All of them. :lol:
Re: Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge (1099670)
Posted by sabrigami on July 18th, 2010 @ 12:50pm CDT
Looking good so far. Can't wait till Blurr is released especially. I'm so glad I pre-ordered these guys already. Just have to be patient... :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge (1099671)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 18th, 2010 @ 12:50pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:The following are on my "To Get" list;

*Red Alert
*Dirge
*Blurr
*Soundwave
*Megatron
*Optimus Prime

In other words... All of them. :lol:

*Gasp* What a coincidence! That's my list, too!

:lol:
Re: Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge (1099682)
Posted by frogbat on July 18th, 2010 @ 1:10pm CDT
i'e never been one for repaints but the classics/universe line are an exception it seems and I have reasons to get all of these..

well war for cybertron prime i have as well as bumblebee so i will need their decepticon counterparts. Though admittedly bumblebee was rubbish and the transformations so fiddly it made deluxe galvatron seem tame. Though prime's robot mode is excellent.

i have sunstreaker and sideswipe so now i need red alert.. NEEEED i say.

blurr... i always wanted the original g1 blurr. Not too convinced about this repaint, however I really like the drift mode - it's perhaps my favourite tf toy since classics jetfire. Perhaps its slightly larger size compared to his deluxe brethren made the trasnformation less fiddly.

dirge... well i have ramjet and thrust as well as starscream... i recall receiving my first decepticon toy (they only ever sold the more popular autobots where i lived for the first year or so) anf I had a choice between thrust and dirge - i went with thrust because he had a more interesting jet mode what with the vtol fans . I later got g1 ramjet but never did get a dirge... until the rotf dirge which i bought to make up the team....
Re: Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge (1099684)
Posted by StarscreamLeader815 on July 18th, 2010 @ 1:14pm CDT
So these pictures are official of the final products?......Soundwave's tires use to be painted....now they are just grey....I think....I think....I'm going to cry :sad:
Re: Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge (1099686)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 18th, 2010 @ 1:20pm CDT
Definitely getting Blurr and Dirge, next to Thrust. Red Alert is a maybe, can't decide if I like the Henkei more, with the red head and new siren
Re: Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge (1099694)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on July 18th, 2010 @ 1:55pm CDT
Wow, wave 4 and WFC Prime is still going strong. All of these are must haves in my book. Can't wait to see more
Re: Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge (1099703)
Posted by kookaburra on July 18th, 2010 @ 2:26pm CDT
Re: Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge (1099708)
Posted by Joetx on July 18th, 2010 @ 2:57pm CDT
Does Dirge's face look like Ramjet's? In a previous thread, he looked like he had a smirk (albeit the pic was a bit fuzzy).
Re: Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge (1099711)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on July 18th, 2010 @ 3:04pm CDT
Damn! I'm not sure who I'll get in trouble with first, the wallet or the wife!
Re: Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge (1099712)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on July 18th, 2010 @ 3:06pm CDT
sold on all the WFC figures and Dirge. Never was a fan of the streaker/sideswipe mold and Blurr's head sculpt it just plain awful. I know its supposed to look like the comic, but it is still awful.
Re: Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge (1099714)
Posted by Valandar on July 18th, 2010 @ 3:13pm CDT
kookaburra wrote:I hope Blurr's colors are more like what we saw at BotCon. The blues were so pretty, now they're kind of washed out.

The lighting in general looks rather washed out. The colors for all of them are probably richer than in that pic (I know my WFC Prime is a richer set of colors for example).
Re: Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge (1099715)
Posted by whacko on July 18th, 2010 @ 3:13pm CDT

Unfortunately I doubt they will bring out any more WFC figures aside from the 4 already released/announced.
Re: Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge (1099728)
Posted by MaverickPrime on July 18th, 2010 @ 4:04pm CDT
wow... I think I´ll have to sell a kidney :KREMZEEK:
well I really like them all, well, red Alerte is nice, but too similar to Sideswipe, maybe if it had the red head...ah what the hell!
I hope they actually arrive in my local stores, they don´t have ANYTHING
beyond the ROTF wave that had gears and thrust, and they didn´t even get the complete waves before that! :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge (1099736)
Posted by DaiShanPrime on July 18th, 2010 @ 4:50pm CDT
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:The following are on my "To Get" list;

*Red Alert
*Dirge
*Blurr
*Soundwave
*Megatron
*Optimus Prime

In other words... All of them. :lol:

*Gasp* What a coincidence! That's my list, too!

:lol:

we all have the same list! =P~ =P~ =P~
Re: Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge (1099747)
Posted by Leviathan on July 18th, 2010 @ 5:25pm CDT
Only Megs and Soundwave look good to me personally, but I might not get them, still un-decisive
Re: Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge (1099751)
Posted by Rated X on July 18th, 2010 @ 5:30pm CDT
Cant wait for Dirge and Red Alert !!! Maybe ill give Soundwave a chance. Ill pass up the rest. Something doesnt seem right about having Blurr going retro in is vechicle form. I dont like him as a typical rounded car with wheels. I want the futuristic floating vechicle that looks like a spacecraft.

And dammit why does nobody but TRU have Generations ??? I was lucky to get the last Thrust in 1 of 3 TRU's I checked. I passed up Bumblebee and Optimus. Too weird. I never saw Drift. I want another Thrust in the package. Will Wal-mart be getting Generations ???
Re: Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge (1099754)
Posted by Leviathan on July 18th, 2010 @ 5:32pm CDT
whacko wrote:Need to get WFC Megatron and Soundwave. I hope they bring other characters from that game into toy form. Ironhide and Ratchet would be on my BUY list. So would Brawl and Zeta Prime. Trppticon would make an awesome leader-class figure, and its been a while since we had a true G1 style Trypticon so if they made a toy based on the game version on Trypticon, it would be pure awesomeness.

I agree with you, WE, the people who PAY Has/Tak for thier Transformers, should get what WE want, and we SHOULD get a WFC Trypticon, and possible a WFC Omega Supreme
Re: Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge (1099756)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 18th, 2010 @ 5:38pm CDT
I do like the look of Blurr, but I'm going to wait to see if Takara produce a version with a slight remold. Maybe remove the spoiler, more point to the front of vehicle mode, and maybe remove the wheels. *cough* Hover car *cough*

If not, I'll definately get this.
Re: Official Images of Generations Wave 4 - Blurr and Dirge (1099757)
Posted by Stoicjunkion on July 18th, 2010 @ 5:40pm CDT
Truly must have that whole wave! Hopefully, once all of the stores get the generations ball rolling properly, they shouldn't be too difficult to find!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "** 2014 - WINDCHARGER Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class **" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Heroes Of Cybertron: Generation One Collection Grimlock." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe DINOBOT SLUDGE Figure Hasbro 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Masterpiece Generation 1: MP-08 Grimlock Robots Action Figu…" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 WRECK-GAR Lot For Parts With Gun, Vintage Takara 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Lot of Transformers Omnibot OVERDRIVE, Brawn, And Wheelie For Parts" on EBAY