Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy

Transformers News: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy

Friday, July 28th, 2017 1:46am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 18,801

Thanks to 7net we get official images and designation along with price of Masterpiece MP-711 Convoy. MP-711 Convoy will run you 25,000 yen. The images show the robot and trailer along with the accessories which carry on the 7-Eleven green. The included Spike figure is also sporting a 7-Eleven uniform. The images also show the shoulder emblems to be stickers as you can choose between the 7-Eleven logo or the more traditional Autobot sign. Check out all the new images below.

Transformers News: Official Images of MP-711 Convoy

Transformers News: Official Images of MP-711 Convoy

Credit(s): 7net

This article was last modified on Friday, July 28th, 2017 2:13am CDT

Re: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy (1900205)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 28th, 2017 @ 1:51am CDT
MP-711, I see what they did there. Does this mean we'll get *counts* 671 more MP figures? :lol:

Re: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy (1900207)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 28th, 2017 @ 2:07am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And is it just me, or is the blue clashing with all that green elsewhere? It sticks out quite a bit, and not really in a good way.

Agreed but do you keep it all white or make it green?
Re: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy (1900218)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 28th, 2017 @ 4:10am CDT
So it's officially called "Convoy" then, not "Magnus?"
Re: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy (1900230)
Posted by Kurona on July 28th, 2017 @ 5:10am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:So it's officially called "Convoy" then, not "Magnus?"

Looks like it. Prime sells, baby
Re: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy (1900250)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on July 28th, 2017 @ 9:22am CDT
Welll.... Damn. It, technically, fits my collection criteria. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy (1900263)
Posted by Relic0037 on July 28th, 2017 @ 10:19am CDT
That price puts it in a "maybe" range for me. Most importantly it's nice to see Spike finally get a job!
Re: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy (1900398)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 28th, 2017 @ 4:41pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:So it's officially called "Convoy" then, not "Magnus?"

Looks like it. Prime sells, baby
My entire bookshelf of Prime toys can attest to that. :lol: But Bee may be taking over that distinction soon.

Also, technically I was right. MP-711 is not Magnus. :-P
Re: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy (1900424)
Posted by Kurona on July 28th, 2017 @ 5:38pm CDT
Re: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy (1900435)
Posted by shajaki on July 28th, 2017 @ 6:47pm CDT
Re: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy (1900474)
Posted by REMINATOR on July 28th, 2017 @ 10:50pm CDT

Now I'm beginning to hate OPrime. With all the rainbow colors that he had released, they couldn't reserved the white one with red eyes and blue faceplate for Ultra Magnus. And then there is Magnus Prime, another OPrime, unbelievable! Good grief, next thing you know they'll call MP22 as OPrime.
Re: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy (1900478)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 28th, 2017 @ 11:02pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Teeechnically. But if it looks like a duck, if it sounds like a duck, if it acts like a duck...

Let's see how he deals with it first ;)

Good call on the optional stickers there, TakaraTomy.
Re: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy (1900485)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 28th, 2017 @ 11:38pm CDT
Optimus Prime had Ultra Magnus's cab colors in the final issue of the insanely-surreal IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe comics. ;)

The real Ultra Magnus is the armored guy Optimus is emerging from.
Re: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy (1900516)
Posted by Kurona on July 29th, 2017 @ 5:56am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

The real Ultra Magnus is the armored guy Optimus is emerging from.

Yup -- which as I recall is the only fiction featuring Optimus using the white cab design.

And considering that it's one issue from foreign fiction vs. 31 years of precedent including multiple toys to the contrary and that the colours match up almost perfectly with MP-02 rather than the comic, I'm gonna say this is probably meant to be Magnus.
Re: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy (1900605)
Posted by shajaki on July 29th, 2017 @ 1:12pm CDT
REMINATOR wrote:So, it's Total Commander Convoy eh? Those bastards TTomy are still in denial to give me a proper MP 10 white Magnus after all these years. The ingredient to slap Prime name and it will sell well may work to the general public, well I ain't one of those folks. I maybe a sucker to a white Magnus or UMagnus figure, but for an official product, if his name isn't label as Ultra Magnus, he will not be welcome into my Magnus/UM collection. With that being said, a big pass to 711 Total Commander Convoy from me. Although I don't support KO TF, in this case I'm glad KO MP10U exists.
I don't understand this. You'd skip this simply because he's NOT NAMED Ultra Magnus? Even though he's exactly the white cab Magnus you want (minus the stickers)?

And I'll reiterate about the MP-10U KO, it is garbage. If you pay anything higher that 50 bucks (and you will) then you'll feel taken advantage of like I did.
Re: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy (1900607)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 29th, 2017 @ 1:18pm CDT
REMINATOR wrote:So, it's Total Commander Convoy eh?
No, that's a machine translation. "Supreme Commander" is what the rank is supposed to be.
Re: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy (1900620)
Posted by REMINATOR on July 29th, 2017 @ 2:25pm CDT
shajaki wrote:

Re: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy (1900626)
Posted by shajaki on July 29th, 2017 @ 3:00pm CDT
REMINATOR wrote:You will understand the concept if you only collect by character like me. So I'm more strict compared to normal collectors since I just don't base on mold/colors alone. To me, this Total Commander Convoy/ Supreme Commander is referring to OPrime, not the UM character.
I can get behind being a strict type of collector, but as Kurona said:

To each his own though, I can respect that ;)
Re: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy (1901414)
Posted by sol magnus on August 2nd, 2017 @ 11:02am CDT
Rated X wrote:That 7-11 promo is hideous. For those who want this deco without the the advertising there is a high quality KO thats been out for a while.

Supposedly, those are stickers, and it comes with Autobot sigils.
Re: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy (1901557)
Posted by Cyberpath on August 3rd, 2017 @ 4:11am CDT
Re: Official Images of Takara Tomy MP-711 Convoy (1901622)
Posted by Relic0037 on August 3rd, 2017 @ 9:14am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:

I still feel like that card should show him with a Big Gulp in one hand & a Hot Dog in the other.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #238 - The Podcast That Leapt Through Time
"The Podcast That Leapt Through Time"
Posted: Sunday, January 12th, 2020

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - Deluxe, Blurr Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 TRANSFORMERS Autobot Wheelie and Tailgate Original 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Autobot Armor Topspin MechTech Weapons System!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 1985 Constructicon & Insecticons Lot Vintage  Weapons Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise SKY-BYTE Shark - RARE  non Scorponok Biocombat" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield DLX Perceptor! 2011 - NEW in unopened package!!!" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY Transformers Power Of The prime PP-34 Autobot Tailgate Robot Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Walmart Exclusive G1 Reissue SWERVE Hasbro Brand New MOC" on EBAY