Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy

Transformers News: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy

Saturday, June 15th, 2019 7:23AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 24,498

It was announced at the stage of Tokyo Toy Show 2019, when Takara Tomy presented, that Transformers “MP-48 Lio Convoy”, which transforms from a lion to robot, is the latest addition to Takara Tomy`s high end toy line, the “Masterpiece” series. Dengeki Hobby posted two official image, which you can see below, along with the following text (translated through Google). All we know at this point is that it is due out this winter.

Rio Convoy is the main character of the cell animation work produced in Japan in 1998, "The Super-Body Transformers Beast Wars II (Second)". The Rio Convoy toy sold by the company at the time of the broadcast was a record hit! An innovative transformation gimmick that transforms from a lion to a robot, and the high-impact design with the robot's “right shoulder is a lion's face”, is still highly popular among transformer fans.

"MP-48 Rio Convoy" is a completely deformed figure reproduced without leaving the figure of Rio Convoy, the leader of the Cybertron Space Guard who scanned the figure of a white lion on the planet Gaia. The attractiveness of this product is the transformation gimmick and movable gimmick made by incorporating the latest technology of transformer toys based on the animation setting, and the coloring reproduced by thoroughly examining the color of the cell drawing used for animation production at that time. It is one of the For details on prices and specifications, please wait for the follow up!

DATA
Transformers masterpiece
MP-48 Rio Convoy

Target age 15 years old or older
Publisher: Takara Tomy
Price undecided
Expected to be released this winter

Transformers News: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy

Transformers News: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy
Credit(s): Dengeki Hobby
Re: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy (2024642)
Posted by Yweggo on June 15th, 2019 @ 7:42am CDT
I'm not really into the MP game, but I might have to get this guy.
Re: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy (2024643)
Posted by sol magnus on June 15th, 2019 @ 8:26am CDT
Awesome figure. Beast Wars fans should be happy.
Re: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy (2024644)
Posted by Bucky on June 15th, 2019 @ 8:41am CDT
Woah! Totally unexpected! At first glance his beast mode definitely leaves something to be desired, but it doesn’t look all bad. As time goes by, it may even grow on me more. It wouldn’t be the first time. That bot mode is so striking and clean looking. It definitely makes up for his alt mode. I’m hoping he doesn’t cost a fortune, because I think he’s a must have for me. I may even have to pick up an anime Primal now.

Definitely excited about this. :MAXIMAL:
Re: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy (2024645)
Posted by triKlops on June 15th, 2019 @ 8:49am CDT
That was a left field reveal I wasn't expecting. Looks great so far!
Re: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy (2024646)
Posted by Skritz on June 15th, 2019 @ 9:18am CDT
Well I'll be damned, as this kind of open up the realm of what could become a Masterpiece to things beyond the mainstream of G1 (G1 toon and the american BW) and movie-verse.
Re: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy (2024647)
Posted by Sculyblast on June 15th, 2019 @ 9:21am CDT
I am not a smart man. There are many things I don't understand.

One of them is this: How is this figure better than the original?

Re: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy (2024649)
Posted by DeathReviews on June 15th, 2019 @ 10:11am CDT
M'eh. Never got into Beast Wars. Not tempted by any of the MP figures based on them.
Re: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy (2024650)
Posted by STngAR on June 15th, 2019 @ 10:26am CDT
bacem wrote:Additional pics

IMG-20190615-WA0016.jpg

This lion head is way off !!

What are we doing here, cute and cuddly the preds into submission
Re: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy (2024651)
Posted by transformers_va on June 15th, 2019 @ 10:37am CDT
Easy pass! That alt mode looks ridiculous :shock:
Re: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy (2024653)
Posted by william-james88 on June 15th, 2019 @ 10:56am CDT
Sculyblast wrote:I am not a smart man. There are many things I don't understand.

One of them is this: How is this figure better than the original?

Only one of those is a pic of the original toy.
Re: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy (2024654)
Posted by EVS090374 on June 15th, 2019 @ 11:12am CDT

One of them is this: How is this figure better than the original?

Meow.

Pic 2 is the RM version.

Meow!
Re: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy (2024655)
Posted by Moonshot on June 15th, 2019 @ 11:17am CDT
Wow that is amazing looking. I have always loved his look, even though not having really watched that much since it just recently got subbed. Also dont buy MP figures cause price, but this is awesome. I may be a heavily leaning G1 guy, but love Beast Wars and these MP Beast Wars figures. Been trying to find the Robot Masters version of Lio for a while at decent price, as the original is a bit too big scale for my Generations/CHUG stuff. I have the TFCC Lio and he is awesome. Damn :TAKARATOMY: killin these Beast Wars sculpts.
Re: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy (2024656)
Posted by leokearon on June 15th, 2019 @ 11:49am CDT
Still waiting for the Liger Zero version
Re: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy (2024659)
Posted by Nexus Knight on June 15th, 2019 @ 12:16pm CDT

One of them is this: How is this figure better than the original?

Better posability, more show accurate colors and accessories, presumably better materials it is made from.
Re: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy (2024660)
Posted by Asepticon on June 15th, 2019 @ 12:17pm CDT
What's up with that tail? Looks like a poodle cut.
Re: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy (2024662)
Posted by transformnerd114 on June 15th, 2019 @ 12:30pm CDT
Since it seems like TT likes to wait 20* years before they start releasing MPs of a certain line, I can't wait until 2025 for MP99 Cybertron Leo Breaker.

*I know MPM was only 10 years, but I think you still get my point.
Re: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy (2024665)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on June 15th, 2019 @ 12:56pm CDT
He looks great but is ultimately not really what I want in a modern Lio Convoy personally (I'd like to see one that's more of a revamped design while keeping the hallmarks of the character. Maybe go for a robotic beast mode) There would be a slim chance I would get him if I wasn't saving for a bunch of other stuff. Still, looks great!
Re: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy (2024668)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on June 15th, 2019 @ 1:06pm CDT
sadly my lio convoy bit the dust some time ago, when I had to sell a bunch of things to get by. still have the galvatron though his drill parts fell victim to GPS. love the more toon accurate face on this guy (Kimba is that you?) so count me on the want it bandwagon. of course that will also depend on his price. TT mp line has gotten way too expensive.
Re: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy (2024669)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 15th, 2019 @ 1:26pm CDT
Nexus Knight wrote:

One of them is this: How is this figure better than the original?

Better posability in the Beast Mode at the very least. Also, what many of you have missed is a key selling point: the lion head. In the anime, the head suddenly changes from smooth organic to angular robotic upon transformation: this is replicated in the MP by having the lion head turn inside out, with appropriate detailing on either side.
Re: Official Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy (2024671)
Posted by Epsilon Delta on June 15th, 2019 @ 1:35pm CDT
I have the original still in box... This may mean my dreams of one day having a Titan Class Majin Zarak may come true

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "Transformers G1 Takara Hasbro Original Figure Crosshairs 1987" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Energon Igniters Nitro Series, Barricade + Bumblebee IOP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cannon Bumblebee Revenge Of The Fallen" on EBAY
Buy "Dragonstorm Leader Premier Edition The Last Knight Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics TFSS Botcon NIGHT RACER SHAKAR Loose Complete" on EBAY
Buy "2017 McDonalds Transformers Robots In Disguise RID #2 Bumblebee Mask Sealed 2" on EBAY
Buy "2017 McDonalds Transformers Robots In Disguise #4 Optimus Prime Mask Sealed 4" on EBAY
Buy "2017 McDonalds Transformers Robots In Disguise #4 Optimus Prime Mask Sealed 2" on EBAY