Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee

Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee

Saturday, May 16th, 2020 1:49pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 50,761

We know we are going to get a Bumblebee figure in Earthrise, thanks to tags and listings reported online. And many have an idea of what it could entail, but now we have an actual detailed promotional image which gives us our best look yet at what the figure will look like. It was a screenshot from our own SkyFire Prime. We see Bumblebee with a beautiful G1 headsculpt next to Earthrise Optmimus Prime, getting ready for battle.

Let us know if you'll be replacing your Titans Return Bumblebee with this one (which is double the price) when it comes out.

Transformers News: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee

Credit(s): SkyFire Prime

This article was last modified on Sunday, May 17th, 2020 10:15am CDT

Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee (2064673)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on May 16th, 2020 @ 1:56pm CDT
Even if Bee is just a redeco/reshell of Earthrise Cliffjumper, I'll definitely be replacing TR Bee. TR Bee isn't bad by any means, but ER Cliff is much more fun to transform and pose for me, so I'll definitely upgrade.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee (2064674)
Posted by Quantum Surge on May 16th, 2020 @ 2:05pm CDT
Titans Return Bee's still staying even if I get ER bee
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee (2064679)
Posted by TulioDude on May 16th, 2020 @ 2:50pm CDT

Titans Return Bee's still staying even if I get ER bee

Duality of man.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee (2064687)
Posted by sol magnus on May 16th, 2020 @ 6:16pm CDT
I'll be getting two.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee (2064690)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on May 16th, 2020 @ 6:44pm CDT
So no Cybertronian Bee from the opening of G1, but yet another Earth Bee??

9477234930_88614d3573.jpg
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee (2064693)
Posted by Microbot on May 16th, 2020 @ 8:26pm CDT
I just hope this new Bee, Elita-1, and Cheetor will have all new molds! Please for Bee and Elita-1 please, please, please! :SG-BOTS:
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee (2064697)
Posted by Prime Target on May 16th, 2020 @ 10:07pm CDT
Yeah TR Bee is dated now and he needs replacing but ER bee NEEDS to be a new mold for it with anything other then Takara Legends.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee (2064699)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 16th, 2020 @ 11:25pm CDT
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee (2064703)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 17th, 2020 @ 12:04am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:The pessimist in me says Bee will be a heavy retool of Cliffy, but will still look like a scaled-down, more affordable MP. I also thought that he (as well as Wheeljack) should have gotten a Cybertronian version (from MTMTE) in Siege.
Wheeljack would have if he had won the fan poll that gave us Mirage and Impactor.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee (2064705)
Posted by SkyFire Prime on May 17th, 2020 @ 12:30am CDT
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee (2064717)
Posted by sol magnus on May 17th, 2020 @ 8:37am CDT

Cliffjumper's arms and legs are Bumblebee's arms and legs. Not sure how two toys based off the same general construction would warrant re-inventing the wheel.

EDIT: Going by the promotional image, though, Bumblebee - if he's molded off this image - will be a departure from his own parts and more like the comic book has been portraying him. So - maybe a new mold altogether after all.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee (2064722)
Posted by william-james88 on May 17th, 2020 @ 10:13am CDT
SkyFire Prime wrote:That's my screenshot, there's a better pic out there but it's darn hard to find.

Thanks Sky Fire, I will mention you in the news post.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee (2064726)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on May 17th, 2020 @ 11:46am CDT
Maybe they got the Bumblebee arms mixed up with the Cliffjumper arms and it's still gonna be a shared mold between the two of them.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee (2064728)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 17th, 2020 @ 12:46pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:

I said retooling. They have different heads and torsos as well as different alt modes. Unless Hasbro just decided to paint Cliffjumper yellow in vehicle mode.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee (2064729)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 17th, 2020 @ 12:54pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

I call part-sharing akin to PotP Moonracer vs. Siege Chromia.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee (2064730)
Posted by sol magnus on May 17th, 2020 @ 1:03pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

I hear ya, but wouldn;'t it make more sense for Bee/Cliff to be more like Siege Ironhide/Ratchet where they are clearly off the same design, done simultaneously? The only thing I find strange is Cliff having "Bee type" arms, and Bee having (going by the picture) Cliff-type arms. But, those are the arms Bee has in the comic.

I don't know. I'm not trying to argue. It's gonna Be(e) what it's gonna Be(e).

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:From the image the front of the shoulders match between Bumblebee and Cliffjumper, but of course the arms and legs can't be compared because they're obscured or the side showing is the hollow one. :BANG_HEAD:

I call part-sharing akin to PotP Moonracer vs. Siege Chromia.

If you look at Bumblebee's right arm, it's three rectangles, rather than rectangle/tube/rectangle.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee (2064736)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 17th, 2020 @ 4:03pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:but wouldn;'t it make more sense for Bee/Cliff to be more like Siege Ironhide/Ratchet where they are clearly off the same design, done simultaneously?
Yes it would, and knowing how prominent Bee is considered to be by Hasbro, I'm surprised that didn't happen. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got a new Cliffy, but I was fully expecting Bee to come first, followed by a Cliffy that was similar in design and maybe even a retool.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee (2064746)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on May 17th, 2020 @ 6:00pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:

If anything, this might be the one line where they felt like they can afford to let Bee take a back set to some of the others. Bee is way too prominent in Cyberverse and the movies to pull that off there. And them finally getting back around to Bee at the time when the Netflix series is going to be coming out would make sense to wanting him on the shelves in some form then.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee (2064750)
Posted by CobraKai on May 17th, 2020 @ 7:13pm CDT
TulioDude wrote:

Titans Return Bee's still staying even if I get ER bee

Duality of man.

Huh. After years of never seeing a post like this, This is the second time I see this post today. The other had to do with My Little Pony crossovers.
Re: Possible First Look at Transformers Earthrise Bumblebee (2064877)
Posted by Skritz on May 19th, 2020 @ 7:58pm CDT
Since people have speculated about an ER Galvatron and Rodimus (or at least, Roddy for next part) I've been wondering about how HasTak would engineer and design a Rodimus figure. We've seen a few modern Hot Rod with a variety of accuracy or lack thereof. We've seen an MP Hot Rod happen twice including the first one which turned into Rodimus. POTP Rodimus ended up looking more like Rodimus body-wise as his smaller Hot Rod figure, aside from the youthful face.

The weird thing going on with Rodimus is that his appearance has been all over the place. For example, how different does he look from Hot Rod? This range from being a slightly taller Hot Rod with an older face to the comics and toy having quite a different physique. Recently, with the WFC trilogy they've mostly stuck to the animation models as much as they could for the robot mode. So would a new, 'show accurate' Rodimus just end up looking more like a 'Puberty Hot Rod' in robot mode? If so, would he be Leader class with a separate trailer like the toy? There's a problem with that and it's that, unlike Optimus Prime, Rodimus never separate from his trailer in vehicle mode. It's part of his body so to speak to the point that if you look at the G1 toy?

It looks like crap. So, a few theories about an ER (or whatever is the next is called) Rodimus:
-The trailer become part of the legs/torso like Titanium.
-The legs now become a more coherent truck like Optimus. The trailer is a battle station like the toy.
-The vehicle mode can become more Hot Rod-esque. Again, battle station mode.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLURR, Optimus Prime Racing Trailer variant 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Transformers Bumble Spud Playskool Bumblebee 2008 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Mega Mighties Bumblebee 10-inch Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes Action Figure Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "IDW Comics TRANSFORMERS GREATEST BATTLES OF OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATORN GN TPB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse THUNDERCRACKER STARSCREAM ACID STORM SLIPSTREAM Seekers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MP-01 Acid Storm - Masterpiece Acidstorm TRU Toys R Us Decepticon" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Acid Storm MP-01 Masterpiece Figure Toys R Us Exclusive" on EBAY