Request for Articles, Writings, Op-Ed...Impress the Internet

Request for Articles, Writings, Op-Ed...Impress the Internet

Monday, November 24th, 2008 10:04am CST

Categories: Site News, Site Articles
Posted by: Counterpunch   Views: 17,322

Greetings all,

I know you’re out there. Aspiring writers, fans, and living databases alike. You’ve got talent, time, and energy as well as a desire to fan the flames of discussion.

Seibertron.com is looking to open the doors of opportunity for you.

We (I) are looking for a series of articles and submissions by and from our loyal members. This will remain an open invitation to one and all. After review of your work, assuming it fits into the following criteria, we will host your articles on site, with full news coverage for an audience of over 30,000 views per day.

Please submit your articles via the news relations link here:

Credit(s): Counterpunch

Re: Request for Articles, Writings, Op-Ed...Impress the Internet (839351)
Posted by Jeysie on November 24th, 2008 @ 11:08am CST
Re: Request for Articles, Writings, Op-Ed...Impress the Internet (839370)
Posted by Counterpunch on November 24th, 2008 @ 11:40am CST
Jeysie wrote:Hmm. Uh, what *kind* of articles on Humans and Transformers were you looking for, exactly? I already wrote an essay for my personal blog on the literary merits of having Human characters in Transformers that I could clean up/expand, but maybe you intended a more in-universe or catalogging article instead?

I'm being purposely open-ended on the matter.

If you think what you've written will work, then clean it up and submit it. Fortune favors the bold.
Re: Request for Articles, Writings, Op-Ed...Impress the Internet (839375)
Posted by Rocketeer on November 24th, 2008 @ 11:43am CST
Same question as Jeysie.

What kind of "articles, writings, and op-eds" are you looking for?
Reviews? (*coughcoughYouTubecough*)
Opinionated opinions? (There's plenty of those on the forums. :P )
Fan-fiction? (The pandemonial possibilities are endless...)
Serious essays taking place in-universe? (If so, why don't we just hang a sign that says "Nerd-a-tron"?)
Humorous musings of a decidedly cynical nature? (Hey! That's me!)

Inquiring minds are somewhat interested in this issue. :mrgreen:
Re: Request for Articles, Writings, Op-Ed...Impress the Internet (839377)
Posted by Jeysie on November 24th, 2008 @ 11:57am CST
Counterpunch wrote:I'm being purposely open-ended on the matter.

I guess it was a matter of... I've got more than enough stuff to keep me busy that I didn't want to spend time cleaning it up if the concept itself isn't what you had in mind.

(Will likely definitely try to tackle the "new fans" topic, though... got a *whole* lot of musings on that one...)
Re: Request for Articles, Writings, Op-Ed...Impress the Internet (839405)
Posted by Counterpunch on November 24th, 2008 @ 12:40pm CST
Rocketeer wrote:Same question as Jeysie.

What kind of "articles, writings, and op-eds" are you looking for?
Reviews? (*coughcoughYouTubecough*)
Opinionated opinions? (There's plenty of those on the forums. :P )
Fan-fiction? (The pandemonial possibilities are endless...)
Humorous musings of a decidedly cynical nature? (Hey! That's me!)

Inquiring minds are somewhat interested in this issue. :mrgreen:

Consider it as having just enough rope to hang yourself with. :)

And of course there are plenty of oportunities to put your opinions up on the web. What you don't get by going that route is a platform by which tens of thousands of people everyday are at least aware of what you write.

Now, I'd prefer not to have fan-fiction tossed my way...
Re: Request for Articles, Writings, Op-Ed...Impress the Internet (839409)
Posted by Me, Grimlock! on November 24th, 2008 @ 12:48pm CST
I'm not an authority on any of these subjects, but if anyone wants an editor, I can do that sort of thing. I took Professional Writing in college for two years and graduated with honours.
Re: Request for Articles, Writings, Op-Ed...Impress the Internet (839625)
Posted by starfish on November 24th, 2008 @ 6:20pm CST
Well, I've just had a go, and sent something in for submission.

Here's hoping...
Re: Request for Articles, Writings, Op-Ed...Impress the Internet (840839)
Posted by UltraPrimal on November 26th, 2008 @ 10:33pm CST
I'm no writer, but I hope to have an article ready by the end of the week.
Re: Request for Articles, Writings, Op-Ed...Impress the Internet (843068)
Posted by Counterpunch on December 1st, 2008 @ 9:15am CST
Sorry for the turkey related tardiness.

Attempting to catch up on things now...
Re: Request for Articles, Writings, Op-Ed...Impress the Internet (843562)
Posted by slapdash on December 2nd, 2008 @ 1:53am CST
Hi guys,

I did not submit the entries as my articles and publications has much more than 2 images. Anyhow, for anyone who wants to read them, refer to the links below! :)

http://www.tf.sg/index.php?option=com_c ... iew&id=132

All original content from Singapore TF fans!! :)

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Movie Premier Edition Raptor Figure - Dinobot Slash" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Transformers Rescue bots CHIEF CHARLIE BURNS PVC Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer w/ Blur" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Prime PP-21 Terracon Ripper Snapper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Centurion Drone WFC-E33 Weaponizer pack set MISB BOX T1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime beast hunters Predacons rising Knockout and Darksteel" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers centurion drone Megatron Mace Energon Cube Ravage Cage Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Kingdom War for Cybertron Trilogy - Dinobot" on EBAY