ROTF Sideways' dead gimmick?

ROTF Sideways' dead gimmick?

Thursday, August 13th, 2009 9:53pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 25,101

So I got ROTF Sideways yesterday and couldn't help but notice that his right arm that holds his spinning saw does not matchup with his left arm at all. The detailing is way off, it's made out off less parts, it's fatter and it's shape is strange. If you look at it from the side it looks like a handle sticks out of it a handle meant for pulling or pushing. Taking that in mind and the shape and detail of the arm I believe that this arm was supposed to have a gimmick that would have used gears to spin the blade.

The left arm:
ROTF Sideways, dead gimmick?

The right arm:
ROTF Sideways, dead gimmick?

Credit(s): Dead Metal

Re: ROTF Sideways' dead gimmick? (973201)
Posted by UltraPrimal on August 13th, 2009 @ 10:23pm CDT
Yeah, me and another fan noticed that at BotCon while checking them out at the Hasbro booth. If you check the back of his card, the figure in that picture actually still have the gimmick functional. I'm guessing it was cut for cost.
Re: ROTF Sideways' dead gimmick? (973211)
Posted by Samsonator on August 13th, 2009 @ 10:45pm CDT
Certainly not the only dead gimmick in the ROTF line, Starscream's "pop out" missile launchers come to mind...
Re: ROTF Sideways' dead gimmick? (973243)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on August 13th, 2009 @ 11:18pm CDT
Massive Bummer :(
Re: ROTF Sideways' dead gimmick? (973252)
Posted by Bumblebeast on August 13th, 2009 @ 11:31pm CDT
Doesn't look like an intended gimmick to me. But the pictures made me remember that i promised Sideways that i would give him a good hand of silver paint in a lot of parts. And a black ink washout afterwards.
Re: ROTF Sideways' dead gimmick? (973471)
Posted by alanburk on August 14th, 2009 @ 8:31am CDT
Good find indeed.
Speaking of and this may have already been discussed, but what's up with that block chunk in Chromia's undercarriage that folds out (attached to the kickstand)? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Re: ROTF Sideways' dead gimmick? (973559)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on August 14th, 2009 @ 10:26am CDT
alanburk wrote:Good find indeed.

Thems the combo tab.
It's used to combine with Arcee and the unreleased Flare up.
Re: ROTF Sideways' dead gimmick? (973909)
Posted by Rastamus Prime on August 14th, 2009 @ 7:21pm CDT
That's more or less why I don't bother with these figures. =;
Re: ROTF Sideways' dead gimmick? (973933)
Posted by Prime Riblet on August 14th, 2009 @ 7:44pm CDT
MunicipalxWaste wrote:That's more or less why I don't bother with these figures. =;

I wish I could find a Camaro for "$32,00". That would be pretty awesome! jk
Re: ROTF Sideways' dead gimmick? (974408)
Posted by autobot-jolt on August 15th, 2009 @ 1:04pm CDT
that has to be a dead gimmick.
I looked at mine, and there was no way that couldn't have not been a gimmick.
shame. :(
Re: ROTF Sideways' dead gimmick? (974451)
Posted by SolCross on August 15th, 2009 @ 3:28pm CDT
When I saw the title of this thread, I completely thought it was about something else. :lol:
Re: ROTF Sideways' dead gimmick? (974589)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on August 15th, 2009 @ 7:14pm CDT
Tyrannotaur wrote:Eh for the record I went and fixed my Sideways after reading that.. Hasbro really should have noticed that. I always wondered why the backpack didn't snap on all the way when I transformed him. So thanks for the tip.

I don't think either of you where being snippy or smartassed btw. :|

Ditto! My Sideways and Dead End look a hell of a lot better now. Thanks!

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "1997 Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "LOT OF 3 TRANSFORMERS POWER Of The Primes ~ Vector Prime Maximo Micronus FIGURES" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Barricade Counterpunch / Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of The Primes Deluxe Novastar" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES VOYAGER CLASS ELITA-1 E1139 / E0598" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Primal incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR OF CYBERTRON EARTHRISE BOMBSHOCK & GROWL 2pk" on EBAY
Buy "2006 Hasbro Transformers 1stMovie SeriesDeluxe Class6" Decepticon Divebomb Wal." on EBAY