SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display

Transformers News: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display

Thursday, July 9th, 2015 10:35AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 19,118

Site owner Seibertron is once more on the field at San Diego Comic Con 2015, and has been perusing the Hasbro booth - which has added more figures since the Preview Night gallery (found here). Most intriguing? The fully combined Victorion fan-built Combiner debuting in the Combiner Hunters one-shot from IDW Publishing!

The combiner reutilises previously seen molds, such as Alpha Bravo (two of them! they're twins!), Voyager Hot Spot, Breakdown, Dead End and Legends Groove - though all in a unified colour scheme with red, aquamarine and silver accents, plus a massive combinable sword and new hands and feet add-ons. Check out the images below.

Transformers News: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display

Transformers News: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display

Transformers News: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display

Transformers News: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display

Transformers News: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display

Transformers News: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display

Transformers News: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display

Transformers News: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display

Transformers News: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display (1707612)
Posted by mooncake623 on July 9th, 2015 @ 10:40am CDT
Wow new hands and feet!!!!
Re: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display (1707613)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on July 9th, 2015 @ 10:42am CDT
G2 Superion!!!

Also, it seems they all get new hands except for Groove. Breakdown, Hot Spot and Dead End/Wildrider all have new open hands while the Alpha Bravo twins get new forearms entirely. Hasbro needs to mass produce that sword and those hands and feet and get them out there for all the combiners. While I'm one of those people who don't mind the standard hands and feet, these new ones look great. Especially those new feet. I really like that color scheme too. It's like a G2 figure, it's so gaudy that it's beautiful. The new heads and chest plates came out nice as well. I can't wait to see this done in molded plastic instead of the paint, they're going to look so much better than they already do.
Re: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display (1707614)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 9th, 2015 @ 10:43am CDT

Also, I see you G2 Superion...
Re: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display (1707615)
Posted by mooncake623 on July 9th, 2015 @ 10:43am CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:G2 Superion!!!

Pics are coming.
Re: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display (1707617)
Posted by Autobot N on July 9th, 2015 @ 10:44am CDT
Well, G2 Superion confirmed. Rated X, you get your Golden Slingshot.

EDIT: As for the big woman herself, while I'm not really into fembots, I'll pick her up because she looks cool, and I'll probably give her hands to someone else like Maximus or Superion.
Re: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display (1707618)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 9th, 2015 @ 10:47am CDT
It's funny as all the woo hah over Alpha Bravo replacing him you would believe that slingshot was a golden boy :P
Re: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display (1707619)
Posted by william-james88 on July 9th, 2015 @ 10:48am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Wow, just wow. Looks like a few new head molds to go around (I think). That sword is amazing as well. Only problem, the colour scheme, but it also doesn't help that it's shiny at this point.

Also, I see you G2 Superion...

I am sure it will look less shiny when they use molded plastic instead of paint. I am confused with the twin alpha bravos though. WIll Hasbro just be releasing the same toy under two different names on the packaging?
Re: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display (1707623)
Posted by Va'al on July 9th, 2015 @ 10:49am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Also, I see you G2 Superion...

Yeah: Alpha

and Bravo.

:KREMZEEK:

(THE LEGEND CONTINUES)
Re: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display (1707625)
Posted by Mkall on July 9th, 2015 @ 10:51am CDT
I'm sorry, but that colourscheme looks plain bad.
Re: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display (1707626)
Posted by TRozok21 on July 9th, 2015 @ 10:54am CDT
I'm not a big fan of the single bot modes, but I'm loving the Gestalt, so if I got the set I'd keep her in that

Also, that G2 Superion, just brings back bad memories of my G2 Slingshot, and the curse of Brittle Gold Plastic Syndrome
Re: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display (1707629)
Posted by Randomhero on July 9th, 2015 @ 10:56am CDT
Mkall wrote:I'm sorry, but that colourscheme looks plain bad.

Can't blame Hasbro, we(the fans) created her. Her name, gender, modes, and color scheme were chosen by us.

And what's you get.
Re: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display (1707630)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on July 9th, 2015 @ 10:56am CDT
Mkall wrote:I'm sorry, but that colourscheme looks plain bad.

I agree, I know it is bright and shiny paint on these but ugh.. Nasty..
Re: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display (1707631)
Posted by guarayakha on July 9th, 2015 @ 10:56am CDT
You sure her name isn't Merry Christmaximus? :lol:
Re: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display (1707632)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on July 9th, 2015 @ 10:57am CDT
Mkall wrote:I'm sorry, but that colourscheme looks plain bad.

I agree, I know it is bright and shiny paint on these but ugh.. Nasty..
Re: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display (1707636)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on July 9th, 2015 @ 11:00am CDT
The twin helicopters aren't exactly the same. They have different heads and their Autobrands are on opposite sides of their chest.

I think people are too quick to judge. Bad paint job and bad lighting. I want to see the official pics and the actual toys before I decide if it's terrible. That being said, I wish they weren't all the same colors, but I'm curious to know what the fiction will be for these. Are they a special team? Did they all get new paint jobs when they started combining?

Also, if they've showed G2 Superion and Victorion already, WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO REVEAL AT THE PANEL!?!?!? :shock:
Re: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display (1707640)
Posted by RhA on July 9th, 2015 @ 11:04am CDT
NEIN.
Re: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display (1707644)
Posted by Randomhero on July 9th, 2015 @ 11:06am CDT
Look at it this way folks, the color scheme is very end of G1/early G2 colors and it is. It's not that bad when you think of the old predators, pretenders and power masters
Re: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display (1707645)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 9th, 2015 @ 11:08am CDT
Who's the motorcycle who makes up the breast plate (as in the character?) and, is it just the ligthing? Victorion's colors kind of hurt my eyes.
Re: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display (1707646)
Posted by Black Hat on July 9th, 2015 @ 11:08am CDT
Ugh. That colourscheme is horrible (although the rough gloss paint isn't helping at all). As for the molds, the torso bot is kinda cool, but the limbs range from OK to GUH.

On the plus side, the sword is really cool, and so are the hands and feet. Though what they're going to do outside of combined mode I do not know.
Re: SDCC 2015 - Fan Built Combiner Victorion on Display (1707649)
Posted by william-james88 on July 9th, 2015 @ 11:14am CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Mkall wrote:I'm sorry, but that colourscheme looks plain bad.

And what's you get.

Nobody asked for 2 exact same alpha bravo redecos. We said we would like to of the limbs to be jets or helicopters, it was either that or cars and trucks.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #203 - Light Bringer