Shout! Factory 'Transformers - The Complete Original Series' Re-Release

Shout! Factory 'Transformers - The Complete Original Series' Re-Release

Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 11:16pm CST

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 37,991

Shout! Factory is in the news again. We previously reported that Shout! was planning to release Beast Wars and the "Takara Collection" on DVD. Now according to TVShowsOnDVD Shout! Factory will be re-releasing "The Transformers - The Complete Original Series" at general retail on May 24th. The 15 disc set will include all the video content from Shout!'s individual sets of "The Complete 1st Season", "Season 2, Volume 1", "Season 2, Volume 2" and "Seasons 3 & 4", but not the bonus content from 2009's "The Transformers - 25th Anniversary Matrix of Leadership Edition: Collector’s Set". An image of the box art has been mirrored below.

Credit(s): TVShowsOnDVD

Re: Shout! Factory 'Transformers - The Complete Original Series' Re-Release (1183192)
Posted by Ungie on February 16th, 2011 @ 11:23pm CST
Sexy
Re: Shout! Factory 'Transformers - The Complete Original Series' Re-Release (1183193)
Posted by Bombus distinguendus on February 16th, 2011 @ 11:24pm CST
Re: Shout! Factory 'Transformers - The Complete Original Series' Re-Release (1183194)
Posted by El Duque on February 16th, 2011 @ 11:27pm CST
Bombus distinguendus wrote:Why? If its the same minus the special features(what are they btw?) then why re-release it?

According to the story at TVShowsOnDVD the 25th Anniversary Matrix Set was a limited release and has gotten hard to find, this will be a general retail release.
Re: Shout! Factory 'Transformers - The Complete Original Series' Re-Release (1183196)
Posted by Bombus distinguendus on February 16th, 2011 @ 11:29pm CST
El Duque wrote:

Oh well then that makes a lot of sense lol Thanks.
Re: Shout! Factory 'Transformers - The Complete Original Series' Re-Release (1183197)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on February 16th, 2011 @ 11:37pm CST
When I have all the episodes stored on my computer already, this really becomes pointless for the economical minded, haha. It's too bad, I sorta like having to have to collect stuff for DVD, but theres just no point anymore unless your a hardcore collector and got cash to just throw away. (my TF dvd Season 1 dvds that i got for xmas actually came with stills/screencap pictures, the only cool plus side if your going to buy official hard copies)
:CON:
Re: Shout! Factory 'Transformers - The Complete Original Series' Re-Release (1183198)
Posted by Bombus distinguendus on February 16th, 2011 @ 11:38pm CST
Why can't these be released on blu-ray already? Come on. I'm tired of buying non-blu-ray dvds.
Re: Shout! Factory 'Transformers - The Complete Original Series' Re-Release (1183224)
Posted by ShinkenPrime on February 17th, 2011 @ 2:19am CST
Honestly...there wouldn't really be a point to blu ray. It's never going to be real hi def. And that would just mean the studio is going to increase the price massively.

Plus the big reason is that dvd is probably the best it'll really look. You'll get some boost but the original masters are in really bad condition and missing in some cases. Blu ray would really just be scamming people.
Re: Shout! Factory 'Transformers - The Complete Original Series' Re-Release (1183249)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 17th, 2011 @ 6:10am CST
How much? Hopefully not that expensive...
Re: Shout! Factory 'Transformers - The Complete Original Series' Re-Release (1183286)
Posted by rpetras on February 17th, 2011 @ 8:36am CST
I'm curious about the MSRP on this.

I have the original Rhino releases, but I hear these are much better.

I skipped the matrix set due to price, and I really don't care about the extras.

I'd be willing to upgrade if the price wasn't too bad.
Re: Shout! Factory 'Transformers - The Complete Original Series' Re-Release (1183289)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on February 17th, 2011 @ 9:05am CST
Shout factory rules!! I can not believe this is happening, first beast wars then takara and now a complete G1 series! In contrast I have seen very few TF shows all the way through the ones I have seen are: beast wars, :APPLAUSE: beast machines, :SICK: armada, :BOOM: G1, :D and that’s about it
Re: Shout! Factory 'Transformers - The Complete Original Series' Re-Release (1183298)
Posted by dabattousai on February 17th, 2011 @ 9:30am CST
I'll pick this set up since I missed out on the Matrix of Leadership Set and the individual releases. Plus, I hope they stay consistent with the boxes for the Takara and Beast Wars sets so they look pretty on the shelf.
Re: Shout! Factory 'Transformers - The Complete Original Series' Re-Release (1183626)
Posted by amtm on February 18th, 2011 @ 12:42am CST
rpetras wrote:I skipped the matrix set due to price.

I got the Matrix set for about $86 on Walmart.com. It went on sale for a while at Walmart and Amazon. When you factor in the $30 gift card I got from a friend, I only paid around $60 including tax. Not bad at all for the full series. I also got the full Voltron series on Ebay for $50--about one-third the supposed cost.
Re: Shout! Factory 'Transformers - The Complete Original Series' Re-Release (1183835)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on February 18th, 2011 @ 4:29pm CST
I've already got two versions of the series. Nice, but pass.

You know what'd be nice? If they took the series and cleaned up as many animation errors, miscolorings and the like as possible. Then I'd buy it.
Re: Shout! Factory 'Transformers - The Complete Original Series' Re-Release (1184121)
Posted by DestructAdeth on February 19th, 2011 @ 8:50am CST
I have The Rhino seasons, The 20th anniversary box set in Mandarin with an English audio track, The Autobot Matrix of Leadership box set and the individual boxes put out by Shout! Factory. I will be buying this one as well.

I would LOVE I mean LLLLLLOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE to see them put the episodes on Blu-Ray as I'm addicted to Blu-Ray. I would not feel ripped off at all.
Re: Shout! Factory 'Transformers - The Complete Original Series' Re-Release (1184205)
Posted by El Duque on February 19th, 2011 @ 1:09pm CST
I have the Matrix set, and for some reason when when you get to the post movie episodes they aren't in the correct order on the discs. Was this a common problem or just my set? I may get this set to correct that issue, it's really annoying to have to get out the guide book and go through the discs just to watch them in the correct order.
Re: Shout! Factory 'Transformers - The Complete Original Series' Re-Release (1184280)
Posted by DestructAdeth on February 19th, 2011 @ 4:31pm CST
They're out of order on mine too. I hope this gets corrected too.
Re: Shout! Factory 'Transformers - The Complete Original Series' Re-Release (1187266)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 25th, 2011 @ 9:06pm CST
I never got the Matrix set, nor do I have the Rhino stuff, so I might just get this. I still have the original VHS releases.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "SMOKESCREEN Transformers SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON Earthrise Trilogy Deluxe 2020" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots DANI BURNS & (2) BLADES FLIGHT BOTS Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 VINTAGE 1987 Fastlane and Cloudraker Autobot Clones NEAR MINT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers IRONWORKS Earthrise War for Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro brand new" on EBAY
Buy "NEW TRANSFORMERS EARTHRISE WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY,BOMBSHOCK DECEPTION & GROWL" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Quintesson Allicon MISB (1 of 2)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Quintesson Allicon MISB (2 of 2)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse Decepticon Scraplet Figure Lot of 4 New 2018" on EBAY