Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed

Transformers News: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed

Wednesday, July 14th, 2010 11:29PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 36,567

Something's been squashed today, and it's not rumors but doubters. The great and powerful Predaking will be part of Takara's 2010 Campaign. As revealed at the International Tokyo Toy Show by snakas, Predaking will be the sixth of the campaign. The lighting may be playing tricks, but it looks like Predaking has more bling than his original version. He's at a price of 15750 Yen, around $180 US. Not much else is known, but expect Predaking to be officially revealed by Takara by the end of the month. In the mean time, check the beast out below!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): snakas

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed (1098174)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 14th, 2010 @ 11:35pm CDT

So what, toes and fingers from the remaining limbs?
Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed (1098175)
Posted by Blurrz on July 14th, 2010 @ 11:39pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:And how many body parts will this cost? Last one was at least an arm, and in some places arm and a leg.

So what, toes and fingers from the remaining limbs?

The pic says 15750 Yen, so around $180 American.
Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed (1098176)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 14th, 2010 @ 11:42pm CDT
Must be die cast then. That's around the same pricing as the other reissue. The light's funny in that pic cuz he looks so shiny. If he's pretty different I may end up getting this. Die cast I can live without though. He's too heavy with.
:BOT:
Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed (1098177)
Posted by HighPrime on July 14th, 2010 @ 11:43pm CDT
Looks like the Predaking head might have a remold, too. Again, could be the lighting, but it looks much trimmer and defined.
Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed (1098178)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on July 14th, 2010 @ 11:46pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:

So what, toes and fingers from the remaining limbs?

The pic says 15750 Yen, so around $180 American.

Epic currency conversion! I'll be reordering a small handful... real small. Any possibility it will work with the crazy defy(right?) upgrade? I will someday soon need to get the original.
Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed (1098189)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 15th, 2010 @ 12:03am CDT
:( Out of my budget. But man, do I wish.
Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed (1098192)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 15th, 2010 @ 12:08am CDT
Blurrz wrote:

So what, toes and fingers from the remaining limbs?

The pic says 15750 Yen, so around $180 American.

Wow. PASS.
Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed (1098208)
Posted by Blackstreak on July 15th, 2010 @ 1:13am CDT
I'm happy with the one I have but that one does look really slick with the chrome and all. :grin:
Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed (1098217)
Posted by Samurai Bludgeon on July 15th, 2010 @ 1:45am CDT
omg yes... I need a predaking and ebay is killing me. $180 for a misb complete primo is worth it for me!
Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed (1098218)
Posted by Roadbuster on July 15th, 2010 @ 1:46am CDT
Impressive recoloring. However, i am quite satisfied with my Predaking reissue I got a few years back.
Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed (1098221)
Posted by DavidT on July 15th, 2010 @ 1:54am CDT
DIECAST or PLASTIC

:???:
Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed (1098231)
Posted by Crisdecal on July 15th, 2010 @ 2:23am CDT
Glad I bought my reissue a few years back (Cost me about $150 if I remember).

Although I'm happy to see them reissuing Piranacon (Japanese exclusive style with 6 figures) I really wish Takara would STOP reissuing the same reissues they reissued a few years back :D .

Takara, since were talking combiners, can you guys move on to the Japanese exclusives like Road Ceaser, Dino King, Raiden & Lio Kaiser?

They have reissued a good number of G1 figures over the years but there are a few missed opportunities Takara passed on; Metrotitan, Targetmaster Artfire & Great Shot.
Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed (1098233)
Posted by alldarker on July 15th, 2010 @ 2:51am CDT
I have to agree with the previous poster: reissuing an item which has already been reissued in the not too distant past seems slightly moot, especially when so many other great G1 Transformers have yet to receive their first reissue.

Sure, it's good to see the G1 molds still get love from Takara, but while they're at it, why not reissue the Japan-exclusive cassettes, Star Saber and Victory Leo, Dinoking, Lio Kaiser, etc.. I'm pretty sure there's enough of a adult TF fan market out there who'd snap up whole production run of a limited production, premium-priced reissues of those 'grails'.

And to piss off the collectors of the original G1 versions of these re-issues slightly less, I'd say retool / recolor the reissues slightly, like they have done with the reissue Piranacon and they seem to have done with this re-reissue Predaking.

Anyhow, I own a MISB version of the previous re-issue Predaking, so I wouldn't be looking into buying this one any time soon.
Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed (1098234)
Posted by Oilspill on July 15th, 2010 @ 2:53am CDT
Man, lots of big reissues coming up!

I've been holding off looking for Predakings on eBay cause this was rumoured. So I'll be picking him up for sure. Hope he ends up being a bit cheaper though.
Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed (1098246)
Posted by North Sunrider on July 15th, 2010 @ 4:20am CDT
ooOOoooo don't have Predaking yet. I missed the last reissue sooooo....

Want! :'D
Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed (1098258)
Posted by Aerialbot Commander on July 15th, 2010 @ 5:00am CDT
I have the previous reissue and will be happy sticking with that one. I am curious as to what this one will lokk like when we see better pics of it.
Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed (1098259)
Posted by VYPER ALPHA on July 15th, 2010 @ 5:00am CDT
i want this guy and was watching ebay for one so it is okay by me.
Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed (1098266)
Posted by Stockade on July 15th, 2010 @ 5:23am CDT
This is nice, i only got Razorclaw as a kid and never got a chance to get the rest of the Predacons so this is good news for me and i dont care if i have to live my car for the next couple of weeks, im buying this!!! WOW first Piranacon and now Predaking!! Just like 25 years ago...
Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed (1098270)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 15th, 2010 @ 5:37am CDT
If PK has more 'blin' as BLurrz put it, as in what looks to be some shiny yellow/gold paint instead of bright yellow plastic, I will invest in this again.

I, like a few others, also have the previous re-issue MISP. And I have a loose G1 metal complete.

I love PK, but there has to be something really cool about this for me to grab it. :CON:
Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed (1098271)
Posted by VYPER ALPHA on July 15th, 2010 @ 5:43am CDT
if you look at the G1 gallery there are differences. i think the head is a new sculpt and there is gold paint on the lions mane where stickers once were.
I am looking forward to this.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #225 - The Overexposure of Bumblebee
"The Overexposure of Bumblebee"
Posted: Sunday, June 16th, 2019

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Ultra Magnus Action Figure WFC-S13" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Decepticon Shockwave Action Figure WFC-S14" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters Pteraxadon NEW MOSC Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series 5 Inch Figure Deluxe Class - Dropkick #22" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters LIONIZER 2019 MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Titans return Trypticon Transformers generations brand new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Cog Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1986 G1 Transformers Trypticon Brunt Tank Original Part(s) Works!" on EBAY