Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images

Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images

Friday, October 23rd, 2020 3:03pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 29,414

Greetings Seibertronians! Thanks to fellow Seibertron users, Dominus Prime and -WonkoTheSane-, we've learned that Takara Tomy have shared new images, and new uses for Deluxe Class Fossilizer Paleotrex!

The first tweet shows off Paleotrex's robot mode and it's alt mode.

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images

The second tweet shows Paleotrex's mask gimmick, harking back to the mutant masks of the first Beast Wars toys (while also referencing Optimus Primal's skull mace from his Ultra Class incarnation)

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images

The third tweet, shows off all the components that make up Paleotrex, and two combinations, done with Voyager Class Optimus Primal and Netflix Transformers Deluxe Class Impactor!

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images

These are only the tip of the iceberg regarding the combinations that will be possible using this Fossilizer, something that is multiplied if you factor in Sieges Weaponizers and Earthrise's Modulators into the equation.

Paleotrex's Japanese number is KD EX- 01 as he will be an exclusive on those shores, despite being regular retail everywhere else.

What do you think of these new possible combinations? Are you adding Paleotrex to the ranks of your Predacons? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Takara Tomy Twitter Feed

This article was last modified on Friday, October 23rd, 2020 3:22pm CDT

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images (2085078)
Posted by o.supreme on October 23rd, 2020 @ 3:24pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images (2085079)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 23rd, 2020 @ 3:25pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Looks like Primal is ready to play some Guitar Hero. :lol: Paleotrex is quickly becoming one of my most anticipated for Kingdom, but I think he'll work much better as armor/weapons for BW than original series bots.

As I stated a few pages back, the Knights of Unicron beg to differ ;) they'll look proper metal wearing Paleotrex and his friends!
Re: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images (2085080)
Posted by o.supreme on October 23rd, 2020 @ 3:28pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

Never heard of em, so I'll take your word for it.
Re: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images (2085081)
Posted by megamanfan on October 23rd, 2020 @ 3:31pm CDT
"i'm going to beat you with a dinosaur corpse" is a pretty brutal sentence.
Re: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images (2085082)
Posted by sol magnus on October 23rd, 2020 @ 3:38pm CDT
I didn't get Weaponizers or uhh, Rampolizers but I might get the Fossilizers. I'm liking the way they turned out.
Re: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images (2085083)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 23rd, 2020 @ 3:43pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

Never heard of em, so I'll take your word for it.

SDCC 2014 Exclusives Knights of Unicron.

Thinking about it, you started collecting again during Combiner Wars? Which was the year after these debuted. So thats probably why you've not heard of them :-?
Re: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images (2085084)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 23rd, 2020 @ 3:43pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:Rampolizers

Modulators :)

And wow... Makes me wonder what monstrosities they can come up with multiple skeletons. Actually:

Re: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images (2085088)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 23rd, 2020 @ 4:15pm CDT
Paleotrex is one of the few Transformers that I'd but at least two. I could make some WILD things! :michaelbay:
Re: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images (2085093)
Posted by sol magnus on October 23rd, 2020 @ 6:05pm CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
sol magnus wrote:Rampolizers

Modulators :)

Yeah, I lost the plot for a minute. But my name is just as good. :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images (2085097)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on October 23rd, 2020 @ 9:24pm CDT

And now I just keep hearing Headmaster screaming, "BONEAGE! TOTAL BONEAGE!"
Re: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images (2085101)
Posted by bacem on October 23rd, 2020 @ 10:17pm CDT
It might be just me, but even since the first time i saw paleotrex, i always feels like his robot legs looks a bit too short compared to his overall body proportion.
Re: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images (2085104)
Posted by Emerje on October 24th, 2020 @ 2:50am CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:I can't believe I only just now saw the similarities; anyone else remember this short-lived Kenner toyline?

And now I just keep hearing Headmaster screaming, "BONEAGE! TOTAL BONEAGE!"

Yes! Though I only remember it for the commercial, I don't remember ever actually seeing them in stores.

And yeah, definitely see the similarities now that you've brought it up.

Emerje
Re: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images (2085109)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 24th, 2020 @ 7:06am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images (2085116)
Posted by Bone Age on October 24th, 2020 @ 10:14am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Man, I would have freaked out having these Bone Age toys as a kid. Really cool. 8-)

Yeah, I was so impressed, I just changed my forum username LOL
Re: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images (2085177)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on October 25th, 2020 @ 7:37am CDT
Not sold on robot mode...and a skeleton as alt mode just seems creepy...

But oh man, that sword mode will look KILLER on Volcanicus. Could even be used as armor of some sort I bet...sorta like the Prime Beast Hunter armors.
Re: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images (2085178)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 25th, 2020 @ 7:53am CDT
MeGrimlock78 wrote:Not sold on robot mode...and a skeleton as alt mode just seems creepy...

As long as the figures have the right 5mm ports, then as long as you can imagine it, you can do it! :D
Re: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images (2085180)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on October 25th, 2020 @ 8:43am CDT
I think Beast rib cage = bot legs is a strange design choice. Makes the proportions of the legs look odd. I like the head sculpt though and the appropriation of Primal's mace design.

>:oP ...If only
Re: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images (2085248)
Posted by Bone Age on October 26th, 2020 @ 4:03pm CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:I was thinking the other day about such characters as Ironworks and how they represent the best utilised potential of this WFC line. If only Beast Wars had an equivalent for Kingdom to likewise refine :-?

>:oP ...If only

Meh... I mean, I had that spider thingie as a kid and I had a blast with it at that time. From a certain point of view, this whole Transformers thing is a gimmicky kids toy concept that they somehow sprinkled magic dust on and it all "worked". I think someone creative enough could at least do a brand new concept and homage these crazy items. Very creative, mind you.
Re: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images (2085249)
Posted by Bone Age on October 26th, 2020 @ 4:04pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Share New KD EX - 01 Paleotrex Images (2085294)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on October 27th, 2020 @ 9:31am CDT
Bone Age wrote:Ehh, I just took another look at the above images and I might go ahead and change my mind on my last statement. #fugly

Tut, tut, tut.

In the case of Orcanoch, they don't have to get that creative. As a Killer Whale adaptation already exists...

As I said, if they can make a decent figure out of Ironworks. They can for any of the "bases".

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
"Kingdom Come"
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC Siege Smokescreen 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Ultra Magnus (Meijer/Kohl’s Exclusive) Complete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe WFC-S20 CHROMIA NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS06 Smokescreen" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects DINOBOT RED SWOOP Deluxe Class Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Ricochet - Stepper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise War for Cybertron Trilogy Deluxe Cliffjumper" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON EARTHRISE MICROMASTER BOMBSHOCK & GROWL BM1" on EBAY