Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version

Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version

Saturday, August 22nd, 2009 4:19am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Company News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 21,791

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Recently we have made known of the upcoming release of e-hobby exclusive MP1B Masterpiece Convoy Black version,Tomy Takara has just updated their website and include this version into the Masterpiece series.

Interestingly, Tomy Takara categorised the upcoming MP08X King Grimlock (exclusively to Toy Hobby Japan) and MP1B Convoy Black version as the "Spin Off Project".

This new category probably means that we can expect more store exclusive repaint figures in the future.

As for the MP1B product, it is confirmed that this version is without the trailer that comes with MP4. The standard accessories are red energy axe, convoy gun, mini megatron alternate mode and red matrix with LED.
This version also comes with a special comic by the famous Japanese Transformers artist Mr. Hidetsugu Yoshioka.

The website also confirmed the release date of the MP 1B is second half of January 2010.

Click here to view Tomy Takara website.

Photobucket

Stay tuned to Seibertron for all your ultimate Transformers news.

Credit(s): Tomy Takara


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version (979244)
Posted by Convotron on August 22nd, 2009 @ 8:21am CDT
Very nice! If this is officially called "Convoy Black Version" then there shouldn't be continued griping about the Autobot symbol.
Re: Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version (979264)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 22nd, 2009 @ 9:23am CDT
Comic? COMIC!!! Does this mean that Masterpiece will finally be getting its first piece of fiction!?

Hopefully that comic will tell us who this guy is (and what time period he's from).
Re: Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version (979267)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 22nd, 2009 @ 9:32am CDT
maybe this is the undead Optimus..like when he truned black on the table in the TF movie..

Just kidding, I know that was just dramatic coloring for the story...LOL
Re: Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version (979298)
Posted by Convotron on August 22nd, 2009 @ 10:57am CDT
I think that this could be like the Hybrid Style Convoy Black Version with respect to the fiction behind the character. Yoshioka Hidetsugu created the manga included with that figure just like he's taking care of the manga for MP-1B. Maybe this Convoy Black Version will also use a "Blackbody" coating for explaining the colour scheme.
Re: Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version (979302)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 22nd, 2009 @ 11:03am CDT
Convotron wrote:I think that this could be like the Hybrid Style Convoy Black Version with respect to the fiction behind the character. Yoshioka Hidetsugu created the manga included with that figure just like he's taking care of the manga for MP-1B. Maybe this Convoy Black Version will also use a "Blackbody" coating for explaining the colour scheme.
That's very possible. But I wonder if the manga would be either A) a retelling of the fight between Prme in his Black Body and Galvatron II, B) an original story taking place prior to that fight, or C) an original stroy taking place after that fight.
Re: Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version (979309)
Posted by Convotron on August 22nd, 2009 @ 11:10am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:That's very possible. But I wonder if the manga would be either A) a retelling of the fight between Prme in his Black Body and Galvatron II, B) an original story taking place prior to that fight, or C) an original stroy taking place after that fight.


Any of those scenarios would be just dandy with me. I'm simply eager to see what is cooked up for this figure's fiction and I really enjoy Yoshioka Hidetsugu's art. :)
Re: Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version (979315)
Posted by shonenfan4 on August 22nd, 2009 @ 11:21am CDT
Already preordered this guy, just can't wait to get my hands on him. =P~
Re: Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version (979322)
Posted by Convotron on August 22nd, 2009 @ 11:26am CDT
shonenfan4 wrote:Already preordered this guy, just can't wait to get my hands on him. =P~


Yeah, my pre-order went in a couple of days ago so now comes the waiting game...
Re: Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version (979363)
Posted by Death-Shed on August 22nd, 2009 @ 12:38pm CDT
I promised myself years ago that I would purchase only one of each version of the Masterpeice figures

But this guy is really pushing me to break that promise! :sad:
Re: Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version (979382)
Posted by ZenPrime on August 22nd, 2009 @ 1:30pm CDT
Hmm....maybe some 3rd party can put out an upgrade kit with a shoulder cast with decepticon and/or upside down Autobot symbol, a sword and an extra cannon. I would buy that in a nanosec....
Re: Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version (979460)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 22nd, 2009 @ 3:38pm CDT
ZenPrime wrote:Hmm....maybe some 3rd party can put out an upgrade kit with a shoulder cast with decepticon and/or upside down Autobot symbol, a sword and an extra cannon. I would buy that in a nanosec....
Well, who says this is an evil Prime? It could still be Optimus. Not every black Prime is evil.
Re: Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version (979474)
Posted by Convotron on August 22nd, 2009 @ 3:57pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
ZenPrime wrote:Hmm....maybe some 3rd party can put out an upgrade kit with a shoulder cast with decepticon and/or upside down Autobot symbol, a sword and an extra cannon. I would buy that in a nanosec....
Well, who says this is an evil Prime? It could still be Optimus. Not every black Prime is evil.


Exactly. The Hybrid Style Convoy Black Version was already mentioned in this thread, there's also the Nucleon Quest Super Convoy repaint of God Ginrai.
Re: Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version (979481)
Posted by ZenPrime on August 22nd, 2009 @ 4:02pm CDT
Convotron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
ZenPrime wrote:Hmm....maybe some 3rd party can put out an upgrade kit with a shoulder cast with decepticon and/or upside down Autobot symbol, a sword and an extra cannon. I would buy that in a nanosec....
Well, who says this is an evil Prime? It could still be Optimus. Not every black Prime is evil.


Exactly. The Hybrid Style Convoy Black Version was already mentioned in this thread, there's also the Nucleon Quest Super Convoy repaint of God Ginrai.


I didn't say it's an evil prime. But for those of us that have been waiting for a MP Nemesis Prime, the upgrade kit would be a great idea. No one is forcing anyone to mod their Black Convoy into Nemesis Prime.
Re: Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version (979497)
Posted by Convotron on August 22nd, 2009 @ 4:20pm CDT
ZenPrime wrote:I didn't say it's an evil prime. But for those of us that have been waiting for a MP Nemesis Prime, the upgrade kit would be a great idea. No one is forcing anyone to mod their Black Convoy into Nemesis Prime.


I didn't mean to imply that there was an insinuation that people should be forced to mod MP-01B, and I apologize for any misunderstanding.

It's just that from the first moment the news of this figure leaked, it seemed like half the people putting in their 2 cents were flustered because "Nemesis Prime" had Autobot symbols. The outrage! There seemed and still seems to be sentiment that having a black coloured Convoy/Optimus Prime is somehow wrong if it has Autobot symbols.

Now granted that the online vendors were labeling it "Nemesis Prime" so that is just cause for confusion but at the same time, there was no official statement of the figure's name. Also, the fact that manga is being included with this MP figure, which is drawn by the same artist who created the manga for Hybrid Style Convoy Black Version/THS-02B, may very well mean that this is not an evil Convoy/OP.

The fact that there is effort in including fiction with this MP figure may very well mean that this isn't a simple "black is bad" repaint. If it is officially Nemesis Prime then included fiction isn't necessary, though a very nice bonus for comic/manga lovers. At least that's how I'm rationalizing this latest news of the MP-01B. As much as I am a fan of evil Convoy/Optimus Prime, I'd like to own an MP sized equivalent to THS-02B.
Re: Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version (979512)
Posted by ZenPrime on August 22nd, 2009 @ 4:50pm CDT
Convotron wrote:
ZenPrime wrote:I didn't say it's an evil prime. But for those of us that have been waiting for a MP Nemesis Prime, the upgrade kit would be a great idea. No one is forcing anyone to mod their Black Convoy into Nemesis Prime.


I didn't mean to imply that there was an insinuation that people should be forced to mod MP-01B, and I apologize for any misunderstanding.

It's just that from the first moment the news of this figure leaked, it seemed like half the people putting in their 2 cents were flustered because "Nemesis Prime" had Autobot symbols. The outrage! There seemed and still seems to be sentiment that having a black coloured Convoy/Optimus Prime is somehow wrong if it has Autobot symbols.

Now granted that the online vendors were labeling it "Nemesis Prime" so that is just cause for confusion but at the same time, there was no official statement of the figure's name. Also, the fact that manga is being included with this MP figure, which is drawn by the same artist who created the manga for Hybrid Style Convoy Black Version/THS-02B, may very well mean that this is not an evil Convoy/OP.

The fact that there is effort in including fiction with this MP figure may very well mean that this isn't a simple "black is bad" repaint. If it is officially Nemesis Prime then included fiction isn't necessary, though a very nice bonus for comic/manga lovers. At least that's how I'm rationalizing this latest news of the MP-01B. As much as I am a fan of evil Convoy/Optimus Prime, I'd like to own an MP sized equivalent to THS-02B.


I totally understand that not every black prime HAS to be Evil/Nemesis Prime. I have left my Alternity Black Convoy and THS-02B the way they are and don't consider them Evil/Nemesis Primes. But PERSONALLY if given the chance to purchase an upgrade kit to mod the MP-01B into a MP Nemesis Prime I would jump at the chance. Others are more than welcome to leave their's as they are, it will not bother me one bit their MP-01Bs are Black Convoys and not Evil/Nemesis Prime. I think it's perfectly fine to think of the figure as either, it's a matter of PERSONAL opinion.
Re: Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version (979583)
Posted by tom brokaw on August 22nd, 2009 @ 5:58pm CDT
really awesome
Re: Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version (979592)
Posted by Convotron on August 22nd, 2009 @ 6:05pm CDT
ZenPrime wrote:Others are more than welcome to leave their's as they are, it will not bother me one bit their MP-01Bs are Black Convoys and not Evil/Nemesis Prime. I think it's perfectly fine to think of the figure as either, it's a matter of PERSONAL opinion.


I definitely agree.
Re: Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version (979625)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 22nd, 2009 @ 7:16pm CDT
Reading these posts makes me wanna go look and see how many black Optimus Prime/Convoy redecoes there are that are not evil.
Re: Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version (979758)
Posted by Stormrider on August 22nd, 2009 @ 9:43pm CDT
I smell a black MP Megatron down the road.
Re: Takara Website Update - MP-1B Masterpiece Convoy Black Version (981572)
Posted by Mach on August 25th, 2009 @ 5:37am CDT
Seibertron recently brought you the news of upcoming release of e-hobby MP1B Convoy Black version, we were also made known this toy is comes with a special comic penned by Mr.Hidetsugu Yoshioka.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ion/16796/

e-hobby today has posted the cover page of the comic. The comic contains 12 pages and fully coloured.

The main story describes the emerge of Galvatron has lead to the resurgence of Decepticons. How do the Autobots overturn the situation? Check out yourself when they toy release.


Image

To go to e-hobby MP1B preorder page, click here: http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/cgi-bin/omc?po ... code=mp_1b

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
Twincast / Podcast #274:
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers BLAST OFF and MEGATRONUS Amazon Exclusive Combiner Wars Prime" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Titans Return Wheelie Generations Legends Rare Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Onslaught Combaticons Leader Combiner Wars In Box" on EBAY
Buy "?? Transformers Titans Return Legends COSMOS & SEASPRAY figure Lot Authentic" on EBAY
Buy "The Transformers G1 Poster Soundwave VS Blaster Art Print Rare Tim Doyle mondo" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return TRYPTICON Factory Sealed MISB HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS STEALTH FORCE BUMBLEBEE Basic 2010." on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Takara Legends LG36 Soundwave" on EBAY