Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset

Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset

Sunday, January 15th, 2012 2:18pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 42,815

Here's a fun little playset that recently popped up on TaoBao, G1's Mount St. Hillary Auotbot base. The set lacks the crashed Autobot Ark embedded into the side of the mountain, but does feature a small Teletran-1 console and is clearly meant for use with smaller scale Transformer figures. Check out the images below.

Credit(s): TaoBao

This article was last modified on Sunday, January 15th, 2012 2:22pm CST

Re: Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1334171)
Posted by BeastProwl on January 15th, 2012 @ 2:19pm CST
That's frikkin amazing! Could use some paint, but still, WOW!
Re: Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1334173)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 15th, 2012 @ 2:21pm CST
Seeing this makes me want to collect WSTs and Legends Class stuff.
But I'll resist, it's still pretty kick ass though.
Re: Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1334176)
Posted by DISCHARGE on January 15th, 2012 @ 2:25pm CST
That's pretty cool, I wanna know where they got the weapon for Legends hound though, I need one.
Re: Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1334181)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on January 15th, 2012 @ 2:37pm CST
Two points

One, that's neat I wouldn't buy but it's neat.

and Two , We all know It's Mount St. Helens why not just call it that.
Re: Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1334186)
Posted by IAmThePeej on January 15th, 2012 @ 3:09pm CST
SW's SilverHammer wrote:and Two , We all know It's Mount St. Helens why not just call it that.

because it was called Mount St. Hilary in the cartoon as well.

back on topic, this is probably one of the greatest things I've ever seen on this site.
Re: Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1334188)
Posted by morphobots on January 15th, 2012 @ 3:16pm CST
That is freakin' cute! I don't have any G1 Legends, but I have the entire Cybertron Heroes line which seem to also work with it. I used to have the cardboard Ark way back in the 80s, but my mother stored it in the garage and it fell apart. Maybe this can assuage my mourning :APPLAUSE:
Re: Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1334189)
Posted by Heckfire on January 15th, 2012 @ 3:18pm CST
It looks like a re-purposed mine playset for those plastic cowboy toys (like the green army men, but cowboys)...that said, it's still frikkin' sweet.
Re: Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1334206)
Posted by GetRightRobot on January 15th, 2012 @ 3:54pm CST
That is just precious! I wish I had the room to set this up with WST's and HOC figures!
Re: Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1334216)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on January 15th, 2012 @ 4:45pm CST
Eh, I'm unimpressed. Frankly it just looks like a couple of yellow plastic lumps. I think it's a fantastic idea, and they did an okay job, but I think the addition of the crashed Ark, a bit of paint and/or color variation and maybe a bit more internal details beyond a single Teletraan-1 console would've really sold it for me.

I do however, like I said, really like the idea, and I think the scale is perfect. I just hope they can take this idea and do something a little more with it down the road.
Re: Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1334221)
Posted by MGrotusque on January 15th, 2012 @ 4:58pm CST
Neato! Hasbro should have thought of this 27 years ago. I like it.
Re: Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1334228)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on January 15th, 2012 @ 5:11pm CST
I like it! A little bland, but a good start. I'd totally buy and display it.
Re: Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1334236)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 15th, 2012 @ 5:36pm CST
That's just adorable... but I'll be passing. But it's close, though. I already own that Teletraan-One set sold a bit ago.
Re: Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1334259)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on January 15th, 2012 @ 7:14pm CST
what Grimlock is that?
Re: Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1334278)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on January 15th, 2012 @ 8:50pm CST
I have to agree with what other people said, an Ark and more inner base stuff would have made this a little neater, it's still neat, though.

Fistful of Energon wrote:what Grimlock is that?

Pretty sure that it's the Super Collection Figure Grimlock, not sure though, cause the other figures look like they might be customs, either that or they come with this set.
Re: Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1334287)
Posted by DISCHARGE on January 15th, 2012 @ 9:13pm CST
Fistful of Energon wrote:what Grimlock is that?

It's Heroes of Cybertron PVC, they were sold a few years ago, there are also Takara versions, I think basically they are the same.
001.JPG
Re: Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1334302)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on January 15th, 2012 @ 9:57pm CST
HoC was my first guess, I have a few of that line, was never very impressed :roll:
Re: Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1334313)
Posted by -Soundwave- on January 15th, 2012 @ 10:53pm CST
Cool is there a Decepticon under water base too?
Re: Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1334319)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 15th, 2012 @ 11:12pm CST
Re: Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1334332)
Posted by mandingo_rex on January 16th, 2012 @ 12:11am CST
Noideaforaname wrote:That looks very much like a repurposed dollar store playset, especially given that the only thing that really resembles anything from the cartoon is the paper Teletraan 1 that doesn't mesh at all with the "rock" it's inserted into.

And I'm not happy with them stealing my artwork to sell it. I made it for fans to print out and assemble, not for third party Chinese folks to rip off and make a buck from.

For anyone curious about it, here's the original:

http://forums.tformers.com/talk/index.p ... 91920&st=0
Re: Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1334344)
Posted by IAmThePeej on January 16th, 2012 @ 12:54am CST
mandingo_rex wrote:

For anyone curious about it, here's the original:

http://forums.tformers.com/talk/index.p ... 91920&st=0

I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate here; its not exactly the same, and I'm not just referencing the difference in size, but the main screen on their Teletraan is wider than the one you have provided in your link, and the 3 screens below the main screen are in a different order. Showing the two side by side screens above what appears to be a voice wavelength. Also your secondary screens are pretty much the same size, theirs shows the left screen to be slightly wider and not exactly centered.
All in all though, enough changes to make it not the same item, much like the differences between Queen/ David Bowie's Under Pressure and Vanilla Ice's Ice Ice Baby (which Ice's lawyers showed it differentiated by one note, literally that's all it was). They may have seen yours, and copied it since it is a nice amount of work you put into it.

Please note I'm not siding with the makers of the toy set and saying you're lying, so please don't get mad at me or anything. All I did was point out enough differences noticeable on the images provided. Pretty much showed how the zebra is white with black stripes instead of black with white stripes.
I also prefer your Teletraan print outs since they looks nicer as well.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Kingdom War for Cybertron Trilogy - Dinobot" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box Transformers Vs. G.I. Joe. Optimus Prime & Cobra Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Dinobot *New In Box*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Autobot Inferno *New In Box*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BOTBOTS Series 1.5 Lawn League MCMUZZSAW" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - FoC - Voyager Soundblaster  (MISB)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30 FALL OF CYBERTRON THUNDERCRACKER" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30 FALL OF CYBERTRON SKYWARP" on EBAY