Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed

Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed

Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 4:33pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: WreckerJack   Views: 30,936

If you are a fan of Titans Return and G1 check out this article that compares Titans Return Cosmos with Generations Cosmos.

Transformers News: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed

Transformers News: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed

Transformers News: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed

Credit(s): Tformers.com

Re: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed (1882417)
Posted by Randomhero on May 17th, 2017 @ 4:39pm CDT
I can't wait, mine is showing up tomorrow. It's really good to see some love for minibots. I remember when that huge powerglide came out with the heart in his chest
Re: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed (1882418)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 17th, 2017 @ 4:43pm CDT
mordhelm wrote:The news about the Chaos on Velocitron set really saddens me. Makes it a bit impossible to complete to the standard I was hoping to. Didn't care about Rodimus or Laser Prime (well maybe a little, but I already have the "regular" prime voyager) but Fastlane (Fastclash), Quickswitch, and Nautica were ones I really would have liked to have. Fastcla

The wasn't a single Chaos on Velocitron set available anywhere near me. Didn't even have a display area for it at the TRUs I visited (multiple times per week to check since it came up here that they were out, as I mentioned before). The nearest one that showed up in the online store finder was over 2hrs away.

I really only wanted everyone but Quickswitch and Nautica
Re: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed (1882422)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on May 17th, 2017 @ 4:57pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
mordhelm wrote:I'm just curious, if it was 10k US, who in the heck bought them all? Certainly wasn't anyone around here (because they didn't show up)./

Thats the whole point, they havent all been purchased yet. It just means they have all been accounted for from the supplier. But so have a ton of other TR toys so I am not sure this is indicative yet.

Just out of interest, you couldnt buy it online when it went up?

I second that point.
Don't be sad!

Also, Has-Tak will continue to make more toys. They aren't going anywhere.
Re: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed (1882436)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 17th, 2017 @ 5:26pm CDT
Re: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed (1882437)
Posted by Deadput on May 17th, 2017 @ 5:32pm CDT
Dawwwww Seaspary even after all these years is still such a sweet, little dork.
Re: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed (1882440)
Posted by Deadput on May 17th, 2017 @ 5:33pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:On a bit of a tangent, does anyone have a recommendation for an axe weapon for Broadside? Not one of those tiny choppers, but one more his overall length in robot mode :)

Not an axe but how about that Trident that comes with Terradive or one of his remolds since it's a long sea related weapon?

Edit: Never mind I forgot that the staff folds up and therefore can't be held properly by figures with closed fists so while Broadside can hold the bottom half and it sort of looks good it's not the best choice.

But how about deluxe RID Optimus Prime's or one of his repaints axe? It's not a long handle weapon but it does have a big blade.
Re: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed (1882446)
Posted by Janus Prime on May 17th, 2017 @ 5:50pm CDT
It's my favorite episode ever! I love how it ends with Bumblebee saying Seaspray's line from the beginning, you just know Seaspray's wish came true.
Re: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed (1882462)
Posted by nycPrime on May 17th, 2017 @ 7:23pm CDT
mordhelm wrote:When I saw it, it was already listed as "Pick up at these stores". I never saw it as Buy Online from TRU.com. It's possible it was when I was out of the country that it was up like that.

I was following TRU pretty closely since I was interested in other figures popping up. I believe the option to buy it online was there for maybe a week before it was pickup in store only, then maybe another week before it was totally gone. I could be wrong, but I feel like this set isn't going to be super popular and can be had for around MSRP once scalpers realize they're not getting a good return on it. Good luck.
Re: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed (1882464)
Posted by ExciKaiser on May 17th, 2017 @ 7:30pm CDT
nycPrime wrote: I could be wrong, but I feel like this set isn't going to be super popular and can be had for around MSRP once scalpers realize they're not getting a good return on it.

Not sure on that. There's not a lot left on ebay compared to some weeks ago, they're definitely not shelfwarming on internet.
Re: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed (1882479)
Posted by Albatross250 on May 17th, 2017 @ 9:16pm CDT
*after looking at Seaspray's Easter Egg*
Looks like :TAKARATOMY: 's Seaspray is gonna have an interesting story :x
Re: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed (1882480)
Posted by Albatross250 on May 17th, 2017 @ 9:20pm CDT

Now something is really missing on Broadside, His Axe!
Although in Shapeways, the Axe is kinda short :lol:
Re: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed (1882481)
Posted by Rated X on May 17th, 2017 @ 9:40pm CDT
Re: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed (1882482)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 17th, 2017 @ 9:46pm CDT
Rated X wrote:I dont recall ever seeing an official translation for cybertronian writing. Is it available for all to see? Is it official or just fan made stuff?

It's official, and here's the key:

Ancient Autobot:

Decepticon Graffiti:
Re: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed (1882504)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 17th, 2017 @ 11:50pm CDT
Of note is that this is the first official Hasbro retail toy to use Jim Sorenson's "Ancient Autobot" alphabet instead of the Aligned Cybertronic alphabet that's seen plenty of use in the past few years.
Re: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed (1882507)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 18th, 2017 @ 12:10am CDT
WreckerJack wrote:Tformers.com has posted photos of Titans Return Seaspray which show some Cybertronian writing on his forearms. When translated to English, these characters spell out "Alanna". For those who remember the G1 episode "Sea Change" may recall that his mermaid girlfriend was named Alanna. It looks like after all these years, he still loves her enough to have a "tattoo" of her name. We have posted images of the Cybertronian writing so you can have an up close look.

What a cute little nod to G1 fans! :)

It's too bad they couldn't work the little heart beneath Powerglide's chest into the recent Combiner Wars figure like they did for the Universe 2008 Ultra class mold. Them Autobots get ALL the ladies! :lol:
Re: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed (1882508)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 18th, 2017 @ 12:16am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Them Autobots get ALL the ladies! :lol:
Cuz they, unlike the Decepticons, don't keep trying to kill all the ladies. :P
Re: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed (1882509)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 18th, 2017 @ 12:21am CDT
TaraTech wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Some of the changes to Titans Return Cosmos were actually first done by Takara-Tomy for TAV Cosmos/Adams. Takara's version of this mold also has yellow forearms and a head assembly cast in red plastic instead of white plastic. It would be interesting to see this new Hasbro version side by side with Takara's version to check the greens and yellows. I have a sneaking suspicion that the only difference between TR Cosmos and TAV Adams is down to the paint apps.

Not as good as a 3 way photo, but here's something for comparison:

(Pictures snipped for brevity's sake.)

Takara's version has the autobot logo on the chest, a darker overall green with a yet darker green on the top leading edge of the saucer, and has eyes instead of goggles, and of course the scan-me sticker on his right leg.

Thanks, but that's not really what I was getting at. I have Takara's TAV release of Cosmos already. My observation was that all of the structural differences to Titans Return Cosmos were first found in Takara's TAV release, such as the yellow forearms and the red plastic head assembly. For the original Thrilling 30 release of Cosmos, the forearms were green and the head assembly was made of white plastic. Now, knowing that the new Titans Return version has different colors of plastic and paint, I want to see if the colors of green and yellow plastics and paints between the Takara release and this newer Hasbro release are the same, or still somewhat different from one another, which will be hard to do without having those two standing side be side in the same picture.
Re: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed (1882510)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 18th, 2017 @ 12:35am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Just out of interest, you couldnt buy it online when it went up?

I don't think Toys "R" Us has distributed the entire stock they've bought. They couldn't have, honestly. No toy sells THAT fast, especially not a $100 toy, especially if it's not electronic. Shelf space is at a PREMIUM right now with all the summer movies coming out and all the toy tie-ins to sell. Transfromers sections are bursting at the seems trying to accommodate two major lines right now. TRU has to be holding back for later, when the summer movie craze subsides.

Also, I'm beginning to wonder if these sets were ever available to order online, directly from toysrus.com. When I saw the news alert here on Seibertron, I immediately took a look and found that it was already "Out of Stock Online." None of the stores in my area had any stock either for "In Store Pickup." Did anyone here actually get to order the Chaos on Velocitron set to have shipped to their home?

That same day the news was posted on Seibertron, I checked my local TRU after work, just in case, and found the shelf tag where the sets were. It was a space just barely large enough for the box set, so only one would be shown at a time, the rest stacked behind going back into the depth of the shelf. I'm guessing each store got a case or two each of the sets, which are probably about two sets to a case. Let's say that each store got 4. Are there 2,500 TRU's in the United States?
Re: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed (1882513)
Posted by Emerje on May 18th, 2017 @ 2:04am CDT
The panic over the Velocitron set being sold out prompted me to make the 75 mile trip to Toys R Us (South Portland, Maine) which ended in success! I was a little worried at first because they weren't in the aisle, not even a spot for them, instead they were in the movie display. If you're having trouble finding them be sure to look the movie display over.

Also picked up Legends Bumblebee at Target while I was down there thanks to all the glowing comments here. I'm still not crazy about the arms or the skinny legs, but the transformation is interesting enough. Almost bought Roadburn instead, but I'll wait a bit longer.

On a side note I saw all of Deluxe wave 1 between TRU and Target. So strange, haven't seen those since last fall in my area.

Emerje
Re: Titans Return Seaspray Figure Easter Egg Revealed (1882541)
Posted by no-one on May 18th, 2017 @ 8:38am CDT
Ever notice how no one's ever interested in reverse mermaids?

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots BRUSHFIRE ATV & Optimus Prime Truck" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Fireplug Transformer Dog New" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bot Bumblebee Rescue Guard 2017 Hasbro Work" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return SKULLSMASHER & GRAX Deluxe Class Hasbro New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Voyager Brainstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Autobot Headmaster Retro G1 Re-Issue Brainstorm Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 Headmaster Reissue WEIRDWOLF Brand New! Walmart Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmaster Weirdwolf Reissue Walmart Exclusive" on EBAY