Toy Images of Takara Animated Lugnut, Starscream & Grimlock

Transformers News: Toy Images of Takara Animated Lugnut, Starscream & Grimlock

Tuesday, March 2nd, 2010 6:33AM CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 33,128

Genzhao from KOTOYS has received and posted the galleries of the unreleased loose figures - Takara version of Transformers Animated Voyager Class Lugnut, Starscream & Grimlock.

All of these 3 figures received slightly different paint schemes compared to their Hasbro versions.

Lugnut

You can check out Lugnut gallery here: http://www.kotoys.com/forum/index.php?t ... 71#msg1471

Starscream

To view all Starscream's images here: http://www.kotoys.com/forum/index.php?topic=488.0

Grimlock

Grimlock's gallery is here: http://www.kotoys.com/forum/index.php?t ... 72#msg1472

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com, the Ultimate Resource for Transformers!
Credit(s): Gen Zhao of KO Toys
Re: Toy Images of Takara Animated Lugnut, Starscream & Grimlock (1051105)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on March 2nd, 2010 @ 7:16am CST
Re: Toy Images of Takara Animated Lugnut, Starscream & Grimlock (1051106)
Posted by MotoMaster on March 2nd, 2010 @ 7:17am CST
So far out of all the Takara Animated toys Lugnut is the only one that interests me as it looks better then our version that we got. :shock:
Re: Toy Images of Takara Animated Lugnut, Starscream & Grimlock (1051117)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 2nd, 2010 @ 8:08am CST
Strike Out
Re: Toy Images of Takara Animated Lugnut, Starscream & Grimlock (1051122)
Posted by Diem on March 2nd, 2010 @ 8:20am CST
Proper faction symbols, less homogeny of colours, shiny bits...I may even have to buy Grimlock. I know it's crazy, but it's true.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Animated Lugnut, Starscream & Grimlock (1051135)
Posted by Editor on March 2nd, 2010 @ 9:58am CST
Didn't buy Lugnut before, and this wouldn't convince me to do so now.

I have Screamer and that deco makes it look like he repaired himself by stealing parts from Thundercracker.

I also have Grimmy, and honestly I just think the original deco looks better. yhea the yellow instead of gold gives him a more G1 feel, but it detracts and makes him less "Bad-ass" in my opinion.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Animated Lugnut, Starscream & Grimlock (1051138)
Posted by Overcracker on March 2nd, 2010 @ 10:20am CST
Not really liking any of these.

I kind of like the more subdued gold faction symbol more than the big ostentatious white bordered ones.

Lugnut is pretty much the same.

Starscream woulds have looked cool if that shiny metallic paint had been applied to the entire plane. And Grimlock just looks a little washed.

I think I'll keep my American versions, and can pass on Lugnut yet again.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Animated Lugnut, Starscream & Grimlock (1051139)
Posted by Tekka on March 2nd, 2010 @ 10:27am CST
I don't get it. I just don't get it! Why make him even MORE blue?!
Re: Toy Images of Takara Animated Lugnut, Starscream & Grimlock (1051141)
Posted by Samsonator on March 2nd, 2010 @ 10:32am CST
If they're gonna change the brass to gold on Grimlock, they should at least have the decency to change the colour of the plastic parts it used to match to (Dino arms, tail and toes)... I am getting less and less impressed with Takara's treatments of these figures with each new reveal.

- Sam
Re: Toy Images of Takara Animated Lugnut, Starscream & Grimlock (1051146)
Posted by Elvaan on March 2nd, 2010 @ 10:52am CST
:-? I'm liking that Starscream.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Animated Lugnut, Starscream & Grimlock (1051168)
Posted by mechabooks on March 2nd, 2010 @ 12:43pm CST
I'm thinking I need that Grimlock for my collection. I'm diggin the yellow bits...just wish there was more of it.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Animated Lugnut, Starscream & Grimlock (1051196)
Posted by Blurrz on March 2nd, 2010 @ 2:44pm CST
Starscream looks like crap. Lugnut isn't worth it. I'd only go with Grimlock... and even then the metallic yellow is almost putrid..

Counterpunch wrote:Strike Out

Very nice
Re: Toy Images of Takara Animated Lugnut, Starscream & Grimlock (1051231)
Posted by Flux Convoy on March 2nd, 2010 @ 4:20pm CST
Razorclaw0000 wrote:Pass on all three. The differences aren't substantial enough on Lugnut or Grimlock, and Starscream looks awful with the bright blue.

Exactly my thoughts.
:BOT:
Re: Toy Images of Takara Animated Lugnut, Starscream & Grimlock (1051364)
Posted by Onslaught22 on March 3rd, 2010 @ 2:21am CST
Is it just me, or does anyone else have a serious issue with Lugnut being teal? I was really hoping Takara would make things right and change the color to a silver, or heck even a flat grey. Thanks for posting these images as it allowed me to cancel me pre-order before it was too late :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Toy Images of Takara Animated Lugnut, Starscream & Grimlock (1051427)
Posted by rpetras on March 3rd, 2010 @ 8:58am CST
I was hoping Takara would at least do the seeker mold justice and have it closer to the show's paint scheme .... guess not 8-}

Saves me $$$ though, I won't need any of the Takara TFA stuff. :D

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #236 - Tangled Web
"Tangled Web"
Posted: Monday, December 9th, 2019

Buy "Transformers: Siege - War for Cybertron - Sideswipe - Sealed - Light Wear" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Siege - War for Cybertron - Sideswipe - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War For Cybertron Siege DECEPTICON SHOCKWAVE Leader" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers Generation SIEGE WAR CYBERTRON MIRAGE WFC-S43 Figure No Booklet????" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Siege War for Cybertron Ratchet" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy - Lionizer, Blowpipe, Firedrive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers last knight movie Leader Class DRAGONSTORM combiner NEW in Box" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THUNDERWING CLASSICS DELUXE CLASS" on EBAY