Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today!

Transformers News: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today!

Wednesday, August 16th, 2017 4:02PM CDT

Category: Live Action Movie News
Posted by: Tyrannacon   Views: 14,830

Marin Independent Journal reports that Transformers: Bumblebee has started shooting today in San Rafael under the code name of "Brighton Falls"!

The film shoot for “Bumblebee,” code-named “Brighton Falls,” was surrounded by heavy security Tuesday, including San Rafael Police Department officers and Paramount vans and trucks.

Zachary Quemore, assistant location manager for Paramount, declined to say how long the film crew for “Brighton Falls,” a.k.a. “Bumblebee,” would be in town shooting at the set.

“I have no idea,” Quemore said, referring all other questions to Paramount officials.

The set, said by San Rafael city personnel to be a facade of a house, was built earlier this year on an open lot at the end of a cul de sac overlooking the San Pablo Bay.

Access to the set was not available, Quemore said.

You can view the whole article here, and keep your optics here on Seibertron as we add more to this story!

Transformers News: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today!
Credit(s): Marin Independent Journal
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today! (1904755)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 16th, 2017 @ 5:11pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today! (1904757)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 16th, 2017 @ 5:11pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:Well, here's hoping they take a cue from tlk bombing, and get a tight, coherent script together, the acting quality in this movie seems questionable, and if bb is still a mute, this movie will be doa to me. I won't listen to radio mouth for 2+ hours.

Aww, who am I kidding, we're screwed :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today! (1904763)
Posted by DeathReviews on August 16th, 2017 @ 5:31pm CDT
I've been trying to shoot Bumblebee for a LONG time now....
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today! (1904776)
Posted by breacher on August 16th, 2017 @ 6:13pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Aww, who am I kidding, we're screwed :HEADHURTS:

If this one doesn't bring tears to my eyes, in a good way (unlike The Last Knight), then we truly do need a reboot. And fast. Before Paramount ruins Unicron.
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today! (1904779)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 16th, 2017 @ 6:36pm CDT
breacher wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Aww, who am I kidding, we're screwed :HEADHURTS:

I don't need it to be a masterclass in writing a'la fullmetal alchemist, major course corrections, a tight cohesive narrative, and likable, memorable characters would be good enough for me.

Re: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today! (1904781)
Posted by Kurona on August 16th, 2017 @ 6:51pm CDT
Yeah, I just want a fun action movie with likeable characters and interesting cinematography and action choreography.
This is why I go for the Marvel movies for that sort of niche; Avengers is a perfect example of how to have a fun, diverse group of heroes with unique powers that use said unique powers in their own different and inventive way.
This is also why I'd love to see the Transformers movie taking full advantage of this idea -- rather than just hitting each other, I'd like to see inventive use of transformation and alt-modes in battle; I'd like to see each Autobot have different weapons to take down their enemies; at a stretch I'd like to see the return of different powers like BM Blackarachnia's webs or G1 Skywarp's teleportation to really diversify what each 'bot can do.
And, most of all; this is why I'm so glad to see a new director take the reins, as it shows hope for this sort of thing happening in the movie. A new breath of air for a franchise is always a gamble; but in cases like this, it's the sort of gamble I'd really like to take.
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today! (1904788)
Posted by Bumblebot on August 16th, 2017 @ 7:34pm CDT
Why someone tell me why bay had to ruin my favorite character
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today! (1904831)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 16th, 2017 @ 11:24pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:Dunno why big-dumb-action movies like fasting furiously and pacific rim do so well, and tf 5 didn't, franchise burnout, no innovation, maybe the tf movies were too egregiously written?
It's because Pacific Rim wasn't nearly as dumb as any of the TF movies have been. Nor was Real Steel and that wasn't even a giant robot movie.

Shucks, even the Power Rangers movie wasn't as dumb either (though, it didn't do so well either, but that was more of a timing thing, and is doing well now in home media sales).
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today! (1904865)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 17th, 2017 @ 9:12am CDT
Kurona wrote:Avengers is a perfect example of how to have a fun, diverse group of heroes with unique powers that use said unique powers in their own different and inventive way.

I hated Avengers. Hell I hate most of the MCU stuff I've been forced to watch. Far too fall of bland characters (in some cases actors just beingmostly themselves like Downey Jnr) looking for a moment to wink at the camera and want us to say how cool they all think they are. Formulaic beyond belief too. And in no way in hell should Spider-Man need Iron Man to help him be a superhero in any way whatsoever. Spidey's always been quite capable of being awesome by himself.

Maybe still better made than the DCEU stuff (Wonder Woman was ok but vastly overrated for what was a ridiculously predictable and quite drab film but I wonder how much of that was cos she's forced into being in the already godawful fun-free DCEU with mopey Superman and psycho Batman)

I ain't saying I think the Transformers films are perfect in any way but they've given me a hell of a lot more enjoyment than most things in recent years including those damn superhero films (Logan's prob my fave film of the year and that's partially cos it was wasn't a typical overdone superhero movie and more of a more down to earth western).
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today! (1904877)
Posted by Kurona on August 17th, 2017 @ 9:56am CDT
Funny thing is, that's exactly what I'd say about the Transformers movies instead. To each their own though, I just feel the MCU is much more successful in providing an entertaining yet simple action movie.
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today! (1905046)
Posted by reluctantyouth on August 18th, 2017 @ 8:29am CDT
TLK was the worst in the franchise. I hated it. The action was beyond choppy, the jokes fell flat, half of Sir Anthony Hopkins lines didn't make sense at all, the "look at me" look at me" science nerd screaming about how he is right, science rules, and everybody but him is beyond stupid really got on my last nerve. :(

Bumblee has (2) really good things going for it >:oP ...(1) the film is set in the 80s. I'm hoping for a widely diverse and very well incorporated soundtrack with some nods to G1 Transformers lore. I really dig some of the cars we have been seeing and hope they prove to be accurate. (2) I can also say that leading lady Hailee Steinfeild is the first female actress, in the Transformers cinematic universe, with any ability to act whatsoever. She is also cute/humble/believable and not Michael Bay's style of leading lady.

The worst part of this movie will likely be John Cena... I can't stand the guy. :-x
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today! (1905064)
Posted by william-james88 on August 18th, 2017 @ 9:49am CDT
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today! (1905164)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 18th, 2017 @ 10:56pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Another really good thing the BB film has going for it, it is being directed by one of the most passionate and talented film-makes on the planet.
George Lucas? :P
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today! (1905453)
Posted by Va'al on August 20th, 2017 @ 9:54pm CDT
In more news from the now started shooting for Transformers Universe: Bumblebee, we have an image from actor Jason Drucker featuring co-stars Hailee Steinfeld and Pamela Adlon, plus director Travis Knight on the set in California, which you can check out for yourselves below!

Re: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today! (1905878)
Posted by Bronzewolf on August 22nd, 2017 @ 11:45pm CDT
Thanks to Instagram users Kathyapplebaum and Instasloggett, we have our first group of images from the set of the Bumblebee movie! The images show the crew buildings and some of the vehicles that were shipped in to Point Bonita, California for the film. Most excitingly, we also the first photos of Bumblebee's new VW Beetle alt mode! This is the first time Bumblebee has taken on a Beetle alt mode in the live action films, and two of them were spotted on set: a "hero" car (one used for most shots) and a rigged-up stunt car. Check all the photos out below!

Re: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today! (1905884)
Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse on August 22nd, 2017 @ 11:57pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today! (1905885)
Posted by Bronzewolf on August 23rd, 2017 @ 12:02am CDT
ImAWalkingCorpse wrote:I love those 80's cars. I was hoping they would have an 80's Lambo. But I do see what looks like an orange Datsun 280ZX (at least the rear end of one.)

Oooh, you're right!! :x :x
But yes, a Countach would be awesome. Or an Aston V8 Vantage if that license is still valid/if Paramount's still on good terms with AM.
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today! (1905888)
Posted by Deadput on August 23rd, 2017 @ 12:23am CDT

So since filming is just starting and we have seen Bumblebee which Transformers do you guys think are going to be in this movie besides Bee? For Autobots while it could easily be just Bumblebee and a cameo of Optimus (I'm sure Prime will have a short scene whether it's flashback or by communicating with Bee) other Bots I can think of are Hot Rod since it's established in TLK that the two worked together in the past during at least WW2 and since this movie doesn't take place too long after I could see how this movie shows Hot Rod separating from Bee and ending up working for the Witwiccans, Cliffjumper as Bee's partner and the sports car Autobot of the movie who gets killed in the end or middle of the movie, maybe another Autobot as well with the same fate as Cliff, this is a personal wish but I hope there are speaking cameos from Jazz, Ironhide and Ratchet who are presumably with Optimus since their part of the same group, Jazz himself could benefit from even a small scene like this since he was the least developed of the 2007 group.

For Decepticons I think Barricade has a high chance of being in this movie due to being Bee's rival and just having been in TLK, Soundwave is established in DOTM in having been on Earth long enough to shut down the space programs which I think was around the 1970's according to the movie so he has a good chance of also being in this movie it helps that he was sort of Bee's designated fight in DOTM, with that said Laserbeak and Ravage could also be in the movie and they wouldn't have to make new designs for them since Ravage was in Cybertronian mode and Laserbeak's robot kibble never changes regardless of what he turns into and it would be some reason for him to disguise himself as a pink Bumblebee during DOTM, I think there could be a couple of other Decepticons who are just there to be bad guys and die, maybe a new guy could be the main con in the movie but I doubt it, for cameos I could see Starscream giving orders offworld like Optimus, maybe a shot or two of frozen Megatron if S7 are involved in this movie, there is also that leaked image from a supposedly upcoming movie toyline that shows a character called "Stryker" although it is labeled for "Tf6" so who knows.
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today! (1905890)
Posted by Bounti76 on August 23rd, 2017 @ 12:53am CDT
Deadput wrote:I'm kinda excited for this movie actually! I for one hope that Bee talks with his real voice in this movie since it's not actually established in the movies when Bee lost his voice the only thing said that is was lost in battle.

I personally don't think there will be many other bots besides Bee, if at all. This movie has a significantly lower budget than the others, and CGI still isn't cheap.

As far as other points, at the time this movie is set, the main Autobot live-action cast hadn't come to Earth yet (except Hot Rod). If there is a Decepticon antagonist, Soundwave would be a good guess- I'm with you on that. Barricade has only appeared in odd numbered movies so far (1, 3, 5).
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee Starts Shooting Today! (1905912)
Posted by Randomhero on August 23rd, 2017 @ 6:53am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:

That's not always true. This is a director who comes from a CGI background. Those kind of directors know how to use computer effects with small budgets. Neil Bomkemf made district 9 on a 30 million dollar budget and those aliens still look like their part of the scene. That movie still holds up for being almost a decade old.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Skullitron The Last Knight TRU Exclusive Brand New Factory Sealed - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 33 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Timelines Botcon 2006 Waspinator - Time Remaining: 18 days 1 hour 34 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME vs MEGATRON Heroes LEGENDS Cybertron Convoy MINICON - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 2 seconds
Hasbro Transformers 3 Megatron Voyager Class DOTM Movie Dark Of The Moon T3V02 - Time Remaining: 7 days 8 hours 17 seconds
3 Changing Style Transformers Titans Return Voyager Blunderbuss & Broadside Toy - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 3 minutes 1 second
TRANSFORMERS JAPAN Prime Arms Micron AM-07 Starscream ACTION FIGURE NEW - Time Remaining: 8 days 6 hours 6 minutes 43 seconds
TRANSFORMERS JAPAN Prime Arms Micron AM-11 Arcee ACTION FIGURE NEW - Time Remaining: 8 days 9 hours 7 minutes 23 seconds
TRANSFORMERS JAPAN Prime Arms Micron AM-13 Medic Knock Out ACTION FIGURE NEW - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 7 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017