Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images

Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images

Tuesday, June 14th, 2016 10:55am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 21,415

Thanks to user Starscream on Weibo we have our first in-hand images of Combiner Wars Computron! Computron consists of a recolored Scattershot, Nosecone as a repaint of Brawl, Lightspeed as a repaint of Streetwise, Afterburner as a retool of Combiner Wars Groove, Strafe as a retool of Air Raid, and Scrounge as a retool of Thrilling 30 Cosmos. Check out the in-hand images below and let us know what you think in the comments section. And as always stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your latest Transformers News and Galleries.

Transformers News: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images

Transformers News: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images

Transformers News: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images

Transformers News: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images

Transformers News: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images

Transformers News: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images

Transformers News: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images

Transformers News: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images

Credit(s): Starscream on Weibo

Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images (1797623)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 14th, 2016 @ 10:56am CDT
This guy still looks quite cool. Still wish they had redone the head but still he looks cool.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images (1797627)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on June 14th, 2016 @ 11:17am CDT
I wish the Takara version came with those hands and feet.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images (1797629)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 14th, 2016 @ 11:21am CDT
MightyMagnus78 wrote:I wish the Takara version came with those hands and feet.

As do I. They look pretty awesome
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images (1797632)
Posted by Ultra Mad on June 14th, 2016 @ 11:27am CDT
If the only thing I like on this figure is the hands/feets, it confirms to me just how much I'm happy I preordered the Takara version of this set. That being said, I'm sure a lot of people will be happy with this version and I think it's great Hasbro will release it.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images (1797634)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on June 14th, 2016 @ 11:32am CDT
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images (1797638)
Posted by Ultra Mad on June 14th, 2016 @ 11:40am CDT
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images (1797640)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 14th, 2016 @ 11:43am CDT
Wow!

That looks awful.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images (1797657)
Posted by william-james88 on June 14th, 2016 @ 12:21pm CDT
Black Bumblebee wrote:Think I might have to go for the Hasbro version (price) and hope that Reprolabels makes a decent sticker face for Computron lol

I know its risking it, but since the Takara one isnt exclusive, there is a good chance it will be available for near 100$ in winter sales later this year from importers. And on the Japanese front, I can already see a lot of people banging their heads when he turns out cheaper than the Hasbro version at the HLJ sale next year (did you see what they are asking for Legends Magnus?!). What I mean to say is that depending on your patience, price may not be the issue you think it is and I can guarantee that people will be purchasing Takara's Computron for less than the initial price of the Hasbro version, like...

Ultra Mad wrote:Price wise, I think the Takara version of this set might not be too expensive. I know that In Canada, with the currency exchange rate and shipping, my preorder of the Takara set is less expensive then my Victorion set I bought at my local Toys R us.

yeah, thats what I did. Hasbro's will locally cost $133 US where I live, with taxes included.
I ordered Takara's from Japan and he came out to $99 US before shipping. Shipping will be around $30 so it comes out to the same cost either way. And they are coming out at the same time too so there is absolutely no reason for me to have to settle for the Hasbro version :DANCE:

Counterpunch wrote:Wow!
That looks awful.

:lol: Yeah, here is the emoticon that was unning through my head when I saw the torso and head: :SICK:
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images (1797674)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 14th, 2016 @ 1:10pm CDT
Every time we see Hasbro's Computron:

People are like:

But, when I gaze upon Takara's take on Computron:

I'm like:

Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images (1797680)
Posted by william-james88 on June 14th, 2016 @ 1:27pm CDT
Thanks Wolfman, you made me realize something I never saw before. As I was putting together all my aquired Combiners so far in their G1 configurations (seen a few pages ago), I realized how much I hated the cars as legs. I really dont like the look of the car front being flipped upside down and seeing the mess of innards. We can flip it up but its not always great and it can look super off depending on the torso. But its less obvious with Takara's Computron for Lightspeed and I realize why: they made the plastic/paint for the underide of the car uniform. That has never happened so far and it really helps make the leg look lik a nice uniform limb. It looks great ;)^
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images (1797709)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 14th, 2016 @ 2:21pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I wouldn't bet on that, the pre-orders sold out quick everywhere, this seems to be the combiner and everyone knows it, I'd say grab for as low a cost as you're comfortable with, as soon as you can.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images (1797713)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 14th, 2016 @ 2:34pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I just pre-ordered him last knight no problem though
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images (1797714)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 14th, 2016 @ 2:36pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:I just pre-ordered him last knight no problem though

I see what you did there
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images (1797717)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 14th, 2016 @ 2:40pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:I just pre-ordered him last knight no problem though

I see what you did there

:shock: I didn't even notice I did that. I just read the Last Knight thread before responding to that and it carried over. Whoops.

On a side note: If anyone notices this Strafe go up for sale by itself on Ebay or something I'll gladly look into it. I'd like both Strafe's if nothing else
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images (1797722)
Posted by william-james88 on June 14th, 2016 @ 2:42pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:I just pre-ordered him last knight no problem though

Ha, nice!

And he is still very much available right here: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... agecnt%3D1
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images (1797735)
Posted by .... on June 14th, 2016 @ 3:02pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Every time we see Hasbro's Computron:

People are like:

But, when I gaze upon Takara's take on Computron:

I'm like:

For accuracy: agreeable.

For value, better feet, and price: I wholeheartedly disagree with you. :P

Also I never liked G1 cartoon Comp's colorscheme much. The Hasbro one has better colors and isn't as boring.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images (1797738)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on June 14th, 2016 @ 3:05pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:I just pre-ordered him last knight no problem though

Ha, nice!

Bookmarked, thanks! Now I just have to beg for it...
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images (1797741)
Posted by Kurona on June 14th, 2016 @ 3:07pm CDT
So do we still have no clue who the little shuttle guy with Scrounge is?
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images (1797742)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 14th, 2016 @ 3:08pm CDT
Kurona wrote:So do we still have no clue who the little shuttle guy with Scrounge is?

I think it's still called Payload, just a recolor - basically there to sweeten the deal ;)
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Computron In-Hand Images (1797743)
Posted by Flashwave on June 14th, 2016 @ 3:10pm CDT
Yep, I think I am gonna have to Double Dip on my Computrons, leave the Hasbro torso in the box. and reassign some characters. I just love that Afterburner more, and while I rpefer the takara remold, I like that Nosecone, for some reason. So, we'll be calling him, I dunno, Heatrock. And their Strafe too.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager Class Galvatron with Nucleon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Netflix Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hardhead - Headmasters Retro Generations Titans Deluxe Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Mirage - Netflix War For Cybertron Generations Titans Decepticon TK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy HOTLINK Netflix Walmart Exclusive NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG52 MISSFIRE & Targetmaster Aimless Titans Return Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Netflix HOTLINK Seeker Used Complete w/Box + Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 & 2015 RID McDonald's Happy Meal Grimlock Figures" on EBAY