Transformers DOTM Product Line Release Date... it's Official!

Transformers News: Transformers DOTM Product Line Release Date... it's Official!

Friday, November 19th, 2010 6:07PM CST

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 96,667

Thanks to It Is Him, we now have images from a catalog included with the first wave of "Reveal the Shield" figures, expected to be released across the country some time near Christmas. Inside is a surprise some might have not been expecting: the release date for the Transformers: Dark of the Moon toy-line!

The date listed is May 16th, 2011, a little earlier than usual, but good for movie fans nonetheless.

Seibertron.com Image

Seibertron.com Image
Credit(s): It Is Him
Re: Transformers DOTM Product Line Release Date... it's Official! (1148406)
Posted by OptiMagnus on November 19th, 2010 @ 6:09pm CST
Nekoman wrote:Thanks to It Is Him we now have images from a catalog included with the first wave of "Reveal the Shield" figures to be released across the country some time near Christmas, inside is surprise some might have not been expecting: the release date for the Transformers: Dark of the Moon toy-line! The date listed is May 16th, a little earlier than usual, but good for Movie fans nonetheless.

Actually, it's not too much earlier. I remember the preview wave last year was released not too long after that. I really can't wait for it though. I'm still waiting to see just who those NASCAR stock cars are exactly.
Re: Transformers DOTM Product Line Release Date... it's Official! (1148410)
Posted by Nekoman on November 19th, 2010 @ 6:19pm CST
OptiMagnus10 wrote:

You might be right, though I do remember most stores held the preview figures with all the others until the whole line's street date last time.

Counterpunch wrote:People should realize that is a date at which the toys are allowed to go on shelves, not a date at which they WILL be on shelves.

True, but the odds are that most retailers will be itching to get these things out ASAP.

Not that it interests me that much.
Re: Transformers DOTM Product Line Release Date... it's Official! (1148411)
Posted by dirk2243 on November 19th, 2010 @ 6:25pm CST
And I remember buying Soundwave from the walmart website prior to the release date for the toys of ROTF line was to be released.
Re: Transformers DOTM Product Line Release Date... it's Official! (1148414)
Posted by ConBotFormer on November 19th, 2010 @ 6:37pm CST

I remember people said Soundwave and Bumblebee were to be preview figures, and they weren't.

I wrot to Hasbro about this spring of 09 and they told me there weren't any "preview" figures coming out and that they don't know where the "preview" came from.
Re: Transformers DOTM Product Line Release Date... it's Official! (1148427)
Posted by 1337W422102 on November 19th, 2010 @ 7:13pm CST
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Re: Transformers DOTM Product Line Release Date... it's Official! (1148461)
Posted by OptiMagnus on November 19th, 2010 @ 8:58pm CST
ConBotFormer wrote:I still don't understand why people call some of the ROTF toys "preview" figures. They weren't at all. Not one figure came out before you could buy the rest.

I believe the original idea was to release them first, but as you said, the weren't and were instead released with a full wave. But as others mentioned, in some places these two were available for preorder before all the others. Some refer to wave 1 itself as the preview wave since it was released around the same time of the year as the 2007 previews.
The reason why there wasn't just a "preview" of a few figures probably has to do with the 2007 preview figures shelfwarming until all the figures ended up on clearance. The same happend with the 2005 Star Wars Revenge of the Sith preview action figures. Only successful for a few weeks before becoming "duds".
Re: Transformers DOTM Product Line Release Date... it's Official! (1148612)
Posted by omega666 on November 20th, 2010 @ 9:01am CST
Cool! An this time I'm just gonna wait sales instead of just buying them right away.
Re: Transformers DOTM Product Line Release Date... it's Official! (1148617)
Posted by JokerFC on November 20th, 2010 @ 9:21am CST

I didnt get any of the Constructicons,Jetfire,Arcee twins last year or upgrade any of the 1st movie toys........ I bought the following

The Fallen
Sideswipe
Sideways
Rampage
Jolt
Ravage
Soundwave
Skids
Mudflap

I will upgrade Prime this time though and if I dont like him Ill go back and get the ROTF version.
Re: Transformers DOTM Product Line Release Date... it's Official! (1148634)
Posted by OptiMagnus on November 20th, 2010 @ 10:23am CST
JokerFC wrote:as usual I will only get the ones that appear onscreen and at that-only the ones I like/main characters.

The Fallen
Sideswipe
Sideways
Rampage
Jolt
Ravage
Soundwave
Skids
Mudflap

I agree with you. I only buy the on-screen characters and ones I really like. I also like to just buy the on-screen paint jobs instead of getting redecos. I don't buy 1st movie upgrades either unless I don't have the original or if it's a new retool/remold.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS REVENGE OF THE FALLEN OPTIMUS PRIME Voice Changing HELMET 2009 - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 50 minutes 3 seconds
Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime New* - Time Remaining: 1 day 7 hours 53 minutes 42 seconds
1992 Transformers G2 Autobot MOC Windbreaker Wind Breaker - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 53 minutes 48 seconds
☀️ 2002 Transformers Armada SCAVENGER with Rollbar Mini-Con Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 56 minutes 16 seconds
AQUABLAST Transformers Generation 2 G2 G1 Stormtrooper 1993 European Euro UK New - Time Remaining: 6 days 21 hours 36 seconds
Used Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG11 Ultra Magnus Painted - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 2 minutes 28 seconds
G1 Transformers Lot Metroplex Complete Autobot City Generation One 100% - Time Remaining: 2 days 11 hours 6 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Voyager Class - Crumplezone by Hasbro  (MISB) - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 7 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #174 - Autobot Jedi Newtypes