Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look

Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look

Tuesday, March 26th, 2019 11:07pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 11,119

While the Generations Select box G2 Combat Megatron came in might have been a little short on details, did you know it was reversible? Cobotron took some images so we could share this with all of you.

It is indeed reversible! I thought when I first opened him, that it was nice touch to do such nice printed graphics on the inside. It gave it a nice premium "velvet lining" feel.
The graphics wrap the entire box. This is a really neat touch. It would make a nice building block or riser for a shelf display. Imagine if one had several of these you could really start to build a neat Cybertronian landscape for your figures to battle it out on!

It is yet to be confirmed but odds are the other two upcoming Generations Select boxes will be reversible too.

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look

Re: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look (2016235)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on March 28th, 2019 @ 7:49am CDT
I wonder if the packages for Red Swoop and Ricochet will be the same way.
Speaking of them, when are they supposed to come out. The preorders were months ago and I believe originally slated for February.
Re: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look (2016238)
Posted by william-james88 on March 28th, 2019 @ 8:34am CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:I wonder if the packages for Red Swoop and Ricochet will be the same way.

Well, let's see.

Re: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look (2016257)
Posted by william-james88 on March 28th, 2019 @ 10:40am CDT
Transformers Generations Select Ricochet and Red Swoop are coming soon. And we now have video reviews for both from Chefatron. You can see a good caparison between blue and red swoop. As for Ricochet there is no comparison to his Jazz counterpart but instead to a previous iteration of Jazz. As with Combat Hero Megatron, you will see that the inside of the box is detailed and that is because it is likely also reversible, providing a big autobot logo for anyone who prefers that look for a box.

These should be shipping out soon, let us know what you think!

Also, thanks to TFanPage101, Riley Hoffman, and What's Crackin'? for letting us know of these videos.
Re: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look (2016258)
Posted by Randomhero on March 28th, 2019 @ 10:47am CDT
I keep forgetting I have those on preorder. Swoop I still want but the moment has passed for ricochet
Re: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look (2016266)
Posted by What's Crackin'? on March 28th, 2019 @ 12:46pm CDT
I haven't received my news credit for this.
Re: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look (2016267)
Posted by william-james88 on March 28th, 2019 @ 12:47pm CDT
What's Crackin'? wrote:I haven't received my news credit for this.

Because you werent the first to send this in. best I could do is mention you in the article.
Re: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look (2016271)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on March 28th, 2019 @ 1:17pm CDT

That sucks. I'm planning on swapping the arms and legs (and maybe dino-head) so Red Swoop matches the team and Blue Swoop can become a Shattered Glass bot or something...
Re: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look (2016272)
Posted by Grahf_ on March 28th, 2019 @ 1:35pm CDT
MeGrimlock78 wrote:So one Swoop has the same silver colour as the other Dinobots, and the other has the same red colour? Neither one matches 100% with the rest of the team?

I'll be parts swapping Swoop as well. The blue Swoop will be Ravenus from Armada for me. Or you can go with Strafe from the movies.
Re: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look (2016273)
Posted by What's Crackin'? on March 28th, 2019 @ 1:39pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
What's Crackin'? wrote:I haven't received my news credit for this.

Oof. Guess I have to be quicker. Thanks for the offer but you don't have to if you don't want to.
Re: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look (2016274)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on March 28th, 2019 @ 1:57pm CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:

Funny part is I considered parts-swapping AoE Strafe and Platinum Swoop to get a blue-chested Swoop to go with that group.

I always want what they don't make...
Re: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look (2016275)
Posted by william-james88 on March 28th, 2019 @ 2:13pm CDT
What's Crackin'? wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
What's Crackin'? wrote:I haven't received my news credit for this.

no worries, your name could already be found at the end of the article when I initially wrote it, along with the other people who contacted us :)
Re: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look (2016288)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 28th, 2019 @ 3:10pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I'm still sad Ricochet doesn't come with a battlemaster.

Repurpose Firedrive :)

But he works so well with TR Hot Rod!
Buy two Firedrives! ;)

Better idea. Buy two Firedrives AND two Calibursts (when he's release later on this year). Firedrive is a good start for a "Nebulan" stand-in, but not perfect. Some parts aren't the right color, and the gun isn't the right kind. Luckily, these Weapon Masters are very modular and easily modifiable! Take Firedrive as a base, pop off the arms and swap them for Caliburst's arms. Then do the same, swapping Firedrive's white double-barreled gun for Caliburt's black large barrel with smaller auxillary barrel gun. It's not a perfect match for Nebulan's G1 single barreled black gun, but it's closer to the mark that Firedrive's. If you want to get REALLY picky on the colors, you could get an extra Aimless figure too and give Nebulan gray legs instead of white ones. Then, you can Frankenstein together some brand new Weapon Masters with the leftover parts to give to other figures in your collection! :)

(Pro Tip: You may also want to swap around Blowpipe's and Aimless' arms with each other, but that depends on if you're looking for accuracy to the original G1 toys, "The Rebirth" character models, or "The Headmasters" character models.)
Re: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look (2016291)
Posted by Lore Keeper on March 28th, 2019 @ 3:30pm CDT
Re: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look (2016295)
Posted by Cobotron on March 28th, 2019 @ 3:41pm CDT
Lore Keeper wrote:I've always wondered how these guys get the figures before they're actually released. I need to meet their hook up person. :-?

Stab in the dark here, but I think Chiefatron is in the Philippines?
A country made of islands on the way from China to to the US. I think they get lots of things before we do.
I'm guessing lots freight gets dropped there before it makes it State side.

Lucky Filippino collectors! [-(
Re: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look (2016296)
Posted by o.supreme on March 28th, 2019 @ 3:42pm CDT
Chefatron lives in the Philippines which serendipitously has the good fortune of getting pretty much every release from both :HASBRO: (Asia?) & :TAKARATOMY: before most of the world, even *exclusives*. He gets likes most often, simply for being first. I'm not trying to bash him, but there's little more to it than that. If you were to make a drinking game of how often he says *I don't know* about the toys he's reviewing, lets just say, it's not a safe game to play. I give him props for being honest, but if I really want to see a thorough review, I simply wait for someone more reputable to obtain said toy.

Of course, would I love to gave the good fortune to even ONCE be the first person to obtain a particular thing, and get the notoriety that comes with that, sure, but moving half way around the world really isn't an option for me, so I'm ok with letting that honor go to other persons. ;)^

*edit* ninja'd by Cobotron :( ;)
Re: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look (2016300)
Posted by BombshellDaBug on March 28th, 2019 @ 3:56pm CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:

That's one way to go about it. Personally, I'm headcanoning Red Swoop as a clone of the original Swoop made by the Decepticons. The Dinobots liberated the clone, and started calling him Red Swoop to differentiate the two due to their color schemes.

That's just my personal take on it anyways.
Re: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look (2016322)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 28th, 2019 @ 6:07pm CDT
BombshellDaBug wrote:
Alpha Weltall wrote:

That's just my personal take on it anyways.

Re: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look (2016339)
Posted by Grahf_ on March 28th, 2019 @ 8:50pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I'm just gonna call Red Swoop "Maximal Ptero" and add him to Magnaboss with a Blue Maximal Swoop

Hadn't thought of that but I think I have my Magnaboss set already.

I made a hodgepodge BW Silverbolt using a CW Silverbolt and an extra UW Scattershot. Just the brown pieces from Scattershot as they had no business being on the figure anyway. Then I took CW Offroad, Ironhide and First Aid and swapped some parts around to make BW Ironhide (grey body & red limbs), Perceptor (red & teal) and Rest-Q (white and grey). I'm also gonna make an extra Unit-3 into BW Prowl. Tigatron is Tigatron. Lastly is a BW Airazor from CW Blastoff and G2 Slingshot. It's just a shame that there really aren't more brown pieces I can swap onto Silverbolt since both Ironhide and Prowl will almost entirely be in their BW colors. I guess I can try to paint some parts since I want to get some brown onto Prowl anyway and will need some for Airazor too.

My other option was using CW Motormaster as BW Ironhide and using CW Blastoff as Silverbolt. Then using Perceptor as the final limb as he sometimes is. Then I remembered how much I don't like the MM/OP mold as a torso and I really wanted Airazor to be with Tigatron. I can still go either way though as I only parts swapped so far.

I really should get around to finishing Magnaboss.
Re: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look (2016340)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 28th, 2019 @ 9:02pm CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:

Hadn't thought of that but I think I have my Magnaboss set already.

I really should get around to finishing Magnaboss.

Elita will get Lancer and Greenlight when they come, so there will be 2 spare limbs when all is said and done most likely. Not sure who the 2 out will be, but I might also swap some in and out from time to time
Re: Transformers Generations Select Box is Reversible for Cybertronian Code Look (2016347)
Posted by Grahf_ on March 28th, 2019 @ 9:54pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I'm using the Botcon sticker set on Ironhide, Prowl, and Silverbolt. I had a stickered up Prowl as Prowl II and Sunstreaker as a Cheetor styled Sunstreaker, but those 2 have been removed and de-stickered, and the Maximal symbols are going on the 2 Swoops. I have a spare Blue already, just waiting on the red. Ricochet, Prowl, Sunstreaker, and a 4th limb I've yet to decide to buy will form a combiner separate with another torso, maybe Inferno, maybe Sky Lynx, and Inferno will get Sky Lynx's bits. Or Optimus Maximus, Elita Inf1nite, and the previous 2 will play some limb swap.

I have the sticker Botcon sticker as well but haven't used them yet. I have a bunch of extra CW and PotP figures to use as customs. I'm glad I got the extras when I did because the prices are too damn high for most of them now. I knew to expect it though as mostly all figures/lines that people complain about shoot up in price. Mainly because the complainers are a very vocal minority and the majority actually like them. Except for Airachnid, she's actually bad.

I got two Ricochet. One is going to be Crasher with parts from an extra Jazz. I might put the Smokeout set on it but hopefully Toyhax will come up with a set for her. I'll have to wait until I have it in hand to decide how I'm going to go about it though.

With so many extras, I don't have any trouble finding figures to use for combiners. I just need to really decide who goes where and which of the extras become other characters. I also got 8 Wreck Gars to use as space fillers just in case. One that's decided is Battle Core Optimus/Ultra Magnus when I put the sticker on him, Jazz, CW Prowl, UW Ratchet and UW Wheeljack. The all white is rather striking. Another is Thunderclash and Impactor along with Zetar, Cromar and Aragon from CW Nosecone, UW Strafe and a parts swapped CW Lightspeed.

I'm hoping they do more combiner limbs. There's still so many they didn't do. I've always wanted all my figures to be combiners and we came so close to it. I'm still waiting on the fourth Starscream limb too. I have Ghost, SG and Golden Lagoon with PtoP, Ghost Headmaster, Micron and Targetroid. He badly needs another arm to use one of his two weapon selves.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class 2021" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS LOT IRONHIDE & MEGATRON KREON BATTLE CHANGER SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Bulkhead Takara Tomy MISB MINT" on EBAY