Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update

Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update

Wednesday, September 9th, 2020 8:54am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 33,001

Here's hoping this is what it looks like. An image of a box has surfaced on the Cybertron Philipines facebook page and this is a box set for the Transformers Prime 10 year anniversary. The side of the box shows the contents are War Breakdown and Vehicon. Unlless these are new molds, which sounds more improbable, this set could be a rerelease of those two toys from the Prime line. It could also be redecos of newer molds made to emulate the two characters. If it is a rerelease, it would be interesting to see what it looks like since we never did get a release of Prime Breakdown as intended, since the Takara release had additional holes all across the alt mode to support their micron gimmick. Could this be the toy we've been asking 10 years for? Let us know what you think!

EDIT: fans have taken a very close look at the package and it indicates that this contains just 1 deluxe figure inside. So, that removes the option of a reissue of the voyager. It's anyone's guess at this point.

Transformers News: Transformers Prime Breakdown Might be Getting a Reissue

Transformers News: Transformers Prime Breakdown Might be Getting a Reissue

Credit(s): Cybertron Philippines

This article was last modified on Wednesday, September 9th, 2020 10:27am CDT

Re: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update (2079625)
Posted by Ironhide516 on September 9th, 2020 @ 9:18am CDT
Prime is already at its 10 year anniversary? Man, where did the time go? :shock:
Re: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update (2079627)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 9th, 2020 @ 9:28am CDT
While a nice idea, a bit grating that its prime they're starting with this, oh well, maybe Animated can get some love in 2028
Re: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update (2079629)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 9th, 2020 @ 9:37am CDT
The packaging says "Deluxe class".
Re: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update (2079630)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 9th, 2020 @ 9:37am CDT
...’Scuse me?

Like neat that this might be a reissue and I’m totally down to get this set if it’s a real thing, but gee, this kinda feels like a dagger in the heart for Unicron Trilogy nerds like me. :(
Re: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update (2079631)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 9th, 2020 @ 9:39am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:...’Scuse me?

It's not like most of the vintage UT molds aren't cheese by now.
Re: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update (2079634)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 9th, 2020 @ 9:56am CDT
Dang, a Prime 10th anniversary, and yet this is the first like this? I like this, but it feels like a shot at some other older franchises.

Interested to see what comes from this
Re: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update (2079640)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on September 9th, 2020 @ 10:13am CDT
Re: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update (2079641)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 9th, 2020 @ 10:17am CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Wasn't the Takara UW Breakdown that was a repaint of the CW truck who's name escapes me at the moment called "War Breakdown"? It could be a reissue of that and maybe a repaint of Dead End or Breakdown for extra limbs
That one was called "Zombie War Breakdown".

"War Breakdown" was TF: Prime Breakdown's Japanese name, with the "War" part consistently spoken onscreen in the Japanese version of the show. Same with their renaming Knock Out as "Medic Knock Out" for whatever reason.
Re: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update (2079642)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on September 9th, 2020 @ 10:21am CDT
Interesting. That box is very much like the generations selects boxes, but the print on it makes me think of the Amazon dead Optimus. I would like this set, particularly if the vehicon is one of the flying variety that we didn't get stateside.
Re: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update (2079643)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on September 9th, 2020 @ 10:21am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
That one was called "Zombie War Breakdown".

Ah, okay. Hm, that's strange that the box claims to be a Deluxe class then
Re: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update (2079645)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on September 9th, 2020 @ 10:25am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The packaging says "Deluxe class".

I actually didn't catch that. Maybe this is a two pack of the legends figures then? guess will have to wait and see.
Re: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update (2079651)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 9th, 2020 @ 11:09am CDT
Interesting and good to see (unless it's just legends sized figures)
Re: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update (2079655)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on September 9th, 2020 @ 11:45am CDT
Re: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update (2079665)
Posted by PerfectVision on September 9th, 2020 @ 12:44pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Ooooh. . . I’d totally be on board for a reissue of the First Edition Bumblebee! I have the Prime RID version and it is. . . not good.

None of his figure are good,a bad design with a giant breast like Jazz or Prowl.Not sure what is this nerdy-expert-snobbish talk about the FE being better,it's mostly the same.

His head has the shape of MegamanX.
Re: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update (2079666)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 9th, 2020 @ 12:57pm CDT
Immortal Starscream wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The packaging says "Deluxe class".

Wouldn't the packaging still be correct if there were 2 deluxe figures in there?
Re: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update (2079670)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on September 9th, 2020 @ 1:46pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Immortal Starscream wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The packaging says "Deluxe class".

When Pulse uploaded their unboxing video for Cordon and Spin-Out, the box just said their typical Deluxe Class labeling despite containing two Deluxes:
Cordon Box.JPG

So it is entirely possible for that box to have a Vehicon and a Breakdown of some sort, especially since it looks bigger than a typical Deluxe Selects box.
Re: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update (2079673)
Posted by william-james88 on September 9th, 2020 @ 3:09pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:...I loved and still love TF Prime (in case my pic doesn't give that away), but my interest will be heavily dependent on what's actually in that box. If it's just the Unite Warriors figure, I think at this point I might be over it and actually pass.
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Immortal Starscream wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The packaging says "Deluxe class".

When Pulse uploaded their unboxing video for Cordon and Spin-Out, the box just said thier typical Deluxe Class labeling despite containing two Deluxes:
Cordon Box.JPG

The plot THICKENS!!!!!

Then you wouldn't like the first edition either. Bumblebee is kinda like Arcee where both the FE and RID have their pros and cons and are as good. For Arcee, that's great it means you have two good options. And for Bumblebee, well...
Re: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update (2079674)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on September 9th, 2020 @ 3:17pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Really? Huh, I guess I should check out some reviews. The chest area looks a lot better on the FE imo, I just assumed it was better.

PerfectVision wrote:

His head has the shape of MegamanX.

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to come across as snobby, I’m just not in the loop on these figures and was going off pictures I had seen.
Re: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update (2079675)
Posted by LordBludgeon on September 9th, 2020 @ 3:26pm CDT
I'm guessing these are the molds we never got in the states? Since Breakdown and the Flying Vehicon were never released here and were only Takara releases.
Re: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Boxset Update (2079676)
Posted by PerfectVision on September 9th, 2020 @ 3:38pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

PerfectVision wrote:

His head has the shape of MegamanX.

I was referencing other person,i would like to add that the PRID can look better than what i saw from other.Still a giant breast with anorexie...

Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #259 - Podcast Convoy
"Podcast Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 13th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Master Piece Movie Series Mpm-7 Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-7 Bumblebee Robot Figure New 2018" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-6 Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Whirl" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN FORTRESS MAXIMUS WITH EMISSARY & CEREBROS, NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations AUTOBOT SPRINGER War for Cybertron: Siege WFC-S38" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return CHROMEDOME and STYLOR LOOSE MINT COMPLETE" on EBAY