Transformers: Prime Trailer Online!

Transformers: Prime Trailer Online!

Friday, October 29th, 2010 12:51pm CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 46,704

Thanks to Megazarak of our forums for alerting us that IGN has posted a trailer for Transformers: Prime on their website. The trailer features most of the beginning cast, but rather than tell you everything, watch the video below:

Click here to see it on their website, and here for the related USA today story.

Credit(s): Megazarak

This article was last modified on Friday, October 29th, 2010 12:54pm CDT

Re: Transformers: Prime Trailer Online! (1140943)
Posted by im ruined on October 29th, 2010 @ 1:14pm CDT
Ok I actualy feel a lot better about this show now. It is sowing some potential. The lack of detail is probably due to a limited budget, considering it is a NEW show. Not to mention it takes hours to render a minute worth of computer animated objects. :CON: :APPLAUSE:[size=150][/size]
Re: Transformers: Prime Trailer Online! (1140946)
Posted by sabrigami on October 29th, 2010 @ 1:18pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Prime Trailer Online! (1140952)
Posted by Alex Jones on October 29th, 2010 @ 1:38pm CDT
sabrigami wrote:Now that's more like it, a clip with some real meat in it. I'm not as worried about the animation as I was before. It seems to be okay (reminds me a lot of BW). All that remains to be seen is if the writing is good. That's what matters most (TFA is proof of that). Humans still look kinda lame though.

I thought TFA was badly written. It is not like the quality writing you get from the Marvel Production cartoons (X-Men, G.I. JOe, or Transformers).
Re: Transformers: Prime Trailer Online! (1140953)
Posted by ashe5k on October 29th, 2010 @ 1:48pm CDT
Ok, that's much better than the last clip. This looks like it has some polish to it.
Re: Transformers: Prime Trailer Online! (1140955)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 29th, 2010 @ 2:01pm CDT
Looks not bad. Can't really make any assumptions just yet anyway; gota see the actual episodes and decide. Other than that, audio sounds dece, Visuals are def cool, some people complaining about it being crappy, well.... cybertron... armada.... animated.. that was some pretty crappy bot design, all either rigid as hell, or like figures made outa silly putty. Sure primes mouth is kinda lame, but I'd take this over those other shows if the storytelling is good, and the action isn't daft.
One thing they definitely need to get back into these shows though, is showcasing awesome ways the bots transform while doing other things like firing, or jumping or somthing, as well as bringing back the G1 robotic sound distortion in all the bots' voices.

:CON:
Re: Transformers: Prime Trailer Online! (1140956)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 29th, 2010 @ 2:05pm CDT
That reminds me... where's the box set for season three of animated. Before buying this thing, I need to finish buying the old one.
Re: Transformers: Prime Trailer Online! (1140957)
Posted by Sid Burn on October 29th, 2010 @ 2:08pm CDT
Lousy_Autobot_Lover wrote:

did you just say that the writing in the original Gijoe and Transformers was superior to TFA?

that is just silly, as much as I love the original 80s cartoons, the writing was a complete mixed bag, sometimes good, often times awful.

TFA and Beastwars are much better, I can understand your xmen example, that was a very well written show, but the original Gijoe series was unwatchable at times.
Re: Transformers: Prime Trailer Online! (1140963)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 29th, 2010 @ 2:44pm CDT
I appreciate the asesthetics of this, actually. The best part though, to my estimation, is that Cliffjumper looks to be getting a lot of screen time (and seeing better renders of him makes me want a toy of him).
Re: Transformers: Prime Trailer Online! (1140964)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 29th, 2010 @ 2:47pm CDT
Lousy_Autobot_Lover wrote:

Wait, you think the original G1 series had good writing?
Re: Transformers: Prime Trailer Online! (1140965)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 29th, 2010 @ 2:51pm CDT
We should be so lucky to get X-men type writing, if that was the case, Transformers would be elevated to a whole new level of insanely awesome. But yea, the G1 writing was def all over the place like 2 cousins at a redneck banquet.

:CON:
Re: Transformers: Prime Trailer Online! (1140966)
Posted by Bed Bugs on October 29th, 2010 @ 3:05pm CDT
I'm confused, so Transformers Prime is only 5 episodes long TOTAL?

Or is the opening episode broken down into 5 parts?
Re: Transformers: Prime Trailer Online! (1140967)
Posted by griftimus prime on October 29th, 2010 @ 3:05pm CDT
terrible. its amazing how well beast wars still holds up.
Re: Transformers: Prime Trailer Online! (1140968)
Posted by Galvatron X on October 29th, 2010 @ 3:05pm CDT
Looks pretty cool!

I don't really like all those goofy-ass faces (especially Prime's), but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

...and they're using the G1 "transforming sound"! That's a huge plus in my book.
Re: Transformers: Prime Trailer Online! (1140969)
Posted by sabrigami on October 29th, 2010 @ 3:10pm CDT
Energon Is My Drug wrote:Looks pretty cool!

I kinda agree there. The transforming sound is pretty neat. But something about the actual animation of the transformation looks a little weird. Maybe that's just me though...
Re: Transformers: Prime Trailer Online! (1140970)
Posted by SlyTF1 on October 29th, 2010 @ 3:15pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Prime Trailer Online! (1140971)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 29th, 2010 @ 3:16pm CDT
sabrigami wrote:
Energon Is My Drug wrote:Looks pretty cool!

It's not just you. The transforming seems bland and a little too quick...

:CON:
Re: Transformers: Prime Trailer Online! (1140972)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 29th, 2010 @ 3:16pm CDT
You know, after seeing this trailer, Prime's mouth doesn't look that bad. I guess the quality of the previous video was not that good. I liked how Starscream smirked a bit. Would've been nice to have Chris Latta as his voice. And I would've LOVED to see Megatron speaking as well. :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :lol:
Re: Transformers: Prime Trailer Online! (1140973)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 29th, 2010 @ 3:16pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:IT LOOKS SO STUPID! And I'd be the last one to ever say that somthing Transformers looks stupid. It looks like one of those horrible ass CG shows that I hate. Like that new Ironman. It's just...no, you just don't do it! You had better have some big ass explosions, and those kids NEED to die early on in the show! If they don't, I'll jump through the damn screen and blow their heads off myself!

HAHahaha... dude, do it. They always gota stick kids in it, so frustrating. What about a soldier who actually has connections to special military weapons, opening the Transformers to different technology.
Man that Ironman theme song couldn't sound any gayer.

:CON:
Re: Transformers: Prime Trailer Online! (1140994)
Posted by Sky-Quake on October 29th, 2010 @ 4:41pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:

Man that Ironman theme song couldn't sound any gayer.

:CON:

couldn't agree more mate I haven't even heard the kids talk and all ready I want them dead :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers: Prime Trailer Online! (1140998)
Posted by SlyTF1 on October 29th, 2010 @ 4:52pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:

Man that Ironman theme song couldn't sound any gayer.

:CON:

That's exactly what I wanted for a TF cartoon. Soldiers who had connections to the military and the government. Why in the name of ass, of all people would giant transforming robots, whose whole history is war itself, choose to hang out with a bunch of kids? I can understand them with Sari in TFA because she wasn't fully human, but every other kid can just suck my ass.