Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art

Wednesday, April 13th, 2016 1:45pm CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 33,968

From Jose Lepoz's Instagram page we bring to you some concept art for one of our favorite regular Robots in Disguise characters: Grimlock! Now, we know what you will think when you take a peak at the images mirrored below, but before you get riled up about how Grimlock looked, take note of Lepoz's quote here:
Grimlock before Grimlock concept. He also had another name.

Take a peak at the images mirrored below and let us know in the comments section what you think of our favorite red Stegosaurus Green T-Rex Dinobot. And as always stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your latest Transformers News and Galleries!

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art
Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art
Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art

Credit(s): Jose Lepoz

Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art (1780793)
Posted by psj333 on April 13th, 2016 @ 1:51pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:So...if there are more episodes coming...wouldn't that be the second half of season 2, not season 3...

Also, I know we are not supposed top talk about episodes 10& 11 (even though they have aired in the UK), but episode 10 was pretty darn cool, and episode 11 features the return of another classic VA. Cant wait for the "mid season" finale next week.

Didn't you hear what Hasbro just said during the interview with TFormers in the video clip that was posted recently? They said that Robots In Disguise is still far from over than previously thought, and that season 3 is coming this fall. Remember, there is no such thing as half season. Either the producers choose to air the season fully or officially cancel it. End of story! Which begs us one question, if Steeljaw is finally caught, will he return again for season 3, now that has been officially confirmed by Hasbro? And should Steeljaw gets killed in the same way as Megatronus did, will their be another Decepticon that will finally become his successor? Of course, that's not Megatron, since that he's officially done for the series. :CON:

If there is really season 3, will there be brand new Autobots that will have animal-robot modes and vehicle modes in the same way as the Decepticons did? :BOT: :BOT:
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art (1780800)
Posted by Flashwave on April 13th, 2016 @ 2:22pm CDT
psj333 wrote:

A half Season is defined as what Agents of Shield and Agent Carter have done for Marvel, in that a show has a Fall to early Winter block of programming, then by producer's choice stops on a mid season cliffhanger and takes an extended break for new Spring Shows and or seasonal events like Daytona and March Madness before resuming again in May as a continuation of the same plot. This does twnd to be a precursor to a show getting cut to 13ep full seasons, but the order is for 26 or however many. Usually, a Half Season has an entirely different show airing in its time slot, while a short hiatus is just a bunch of reruns of the same show

USA Network is also notorious for this. Makes shows very hard to follow cause you don't know when they will come back
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art (1780813)
Posted by o.supreme on April 13th, 2016 @ 2:58pm CDT

The definition of a TV season is not as sharply defined as it once was, and every network seems to be following a different pattern. Ultimate Spider-Man Season 3 (subtitled Web-Warriors) was a total of 26 episodes, but aired over a 15 month period from August 2014 to October 2015. The rules of a TV season we all *think* apply are not in any way shape or form, uniform.

If you go on Amazon, several "full" seasons of TV programs are broken up as "different" seasons because what Amazon considers to be a "full" season is different than what the network considers.

All semantics aside, I'll wait until official word from Hasbro comes as to what the future holds.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art (1780818)
Posted by Flashwave on April 13th, 2016 @ 3:12pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:psj333 I have you on ignore for a reason, and I would appreciate it if people would stop quoting his nonsensical ramblings.

What Amazon does with seasons is called "Immoral"

It probably has something to dovwith how they purchase the rights to episodes but to pass it to customers the way they have is vold.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art (1780821)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on April 13th, 2016 @ 3:13pm CDT
The beast mode looks really cool; some kind of mash up between a stegosaurus and an anchylosaurus. Would be a good Snarl but I don't like the tail in 'bot mode. If they add Snarl to the show they should use that concept for the beast mode. ;)^
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art (1780826)
Posted by Mr Skram on April 13th, 2016 @ 3:39pm CDT
I've watched a few episodes of the show. I don't really care for it, but I'm not the target audience so I don't sweat it. I'd probably be more interested if they had Snarl, though. He was always my favorite Dinobot.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art (1780854)
Posted by Emerje on April 13th, 2016 @ 5:03pm CDT
That Grimlock concept art looks way more like Scowl concept art than anything else. Probably they based Scowl on the unused Grimlock designs. The colors, posture, and some of his dino mode are too similar to be a coincidence.

Emerje
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art (1780870)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 13th, 2016 @ 5:43pm CDT
He really does look like Scowl, and Scowl was pretty awesome, so it is cool with me! :MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art (1780879)
Posted by Microraptor on April 13th, 2016 @ 6:07pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art (1780885)
Posted by Zeedust on April 13th, 2016 @ 7:14pm CDT
Microraptor wrote:I'm glad they didn't use this model. Not because I don't like it, I actually think it's a tad cooler then the design they ended up using. I'm just happy I won't become deaf due to all the fanboys shouting about the alt-mode change.

It says he had another name, so if they went with this design, he probably wouldn't have been called Grimlock.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art (1780890)
Posted by Emerje on April 13th, 2016 @ 7:48pm CDT
Zeedust wrote:

Which is pretty odd, this is basically the character that was replaced by Grimlock rather than an early Grimlock concept.

Emerje
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art (1780899)
Posted by Zeedust on April 13th, 2016 @ 8:12pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
Zeedust wrote:

Emerje

Basically.

If I had to guess, he was probably called Snarl, but if I found out he was Saberback or Striker, that'd be a ray of sunshine for me.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art (1780904)
Posted by RevTibe on April 13th, 2016 @ 8:46pm CDT
Very curious about the original name, finding out Sideswipe was originally Fastlane was interesting.

Personally, I would've preferred for the two to not be saddled with legacy character names - not out of a misguided sense of preserving the G1 iterations, but I just enjoy having entirely fresh characters fleshed out. Still, a well-recognized name is a powerful marketing tool, particularly post-Age of Extinction.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art (1780974)
Posted by Kurona on April 14th, 2016 @ 5:15am CDT
I kinda wish they used Fastlane too, since I have a bit of a thing for not using a pre-existing character's name unless the new character in question you're applying it too has something significant in common with the pre-existing character, at least in terms of personality. I don't think RiD Sideswipe has anything in common with other Sideswipes aside from "red car autobot guy with a sword". And I think "red car autobot guy" is something that could be applied to a lot of characters...
I know Fastlane is still the name of a pre-existing character, but at least they aren't as significant as Sideswipe - he's so obscure that the name Fastlane being applied would more make you think this is a new character rather than a new take on an old one, which the name Sideswipe does.

... show's still fine, just a nitpick
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art (1781025)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 14th, 2016 @ 8:59am CDT
Kurona wrote:I don't think RiD Sideswipe has anything in common with other Sideswipes aside from "red car autobot guy with a sword".

Reckless jock type, disobeys orders, enjoys fighting opponents, stubborn competitive spirit, willing to cheat if he needs to, used to be even more brash and underhanded than he is for his own gain, has matured a little bit thanks to his time fighting with his Autobot teammates, no longer thinks only of himself, tends to jump carelessly into danger...

Sure sounds like RID Sideswipe to me.

If anything, it was most G1 fiction that never got Sideswipe right until this cartoon did.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art (1781040)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 14th, 2016 @ 9:28am CDT
Sideswipe is still my favorite. i love the character overall in all his incarnations, and this one is no different. I'm glad we got him and I enjoy him a lot. :MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art (1781046)
Posted by psj333 on April 14th, 2016 @ 9:46am CDT

"The severely outnumbered Autobots on Decepticon Island desperately search for a way to stop Steeljaw and his army. Tensions between Bumblebee and Optimus could put the mission, and the entire world, at risk."

When Hasbro said, "severely outnumbered," does that means Steeljaw would form a huge army from both Glowstrike's members and as well from the scrapyard? Because you know, sometimes, Glowstrike's members is simply not enough to create Steeljaw's Ultimate Decepticon Army. :CON:
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art (1781052)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 14th, 2016 @ 10:01am CDT
psj333 wrote:You do already know that Decepticon Island Parts 1 and 2 will be aired this coming Saturday for those living in the UK. However, there is something that I would like to question regarding on this plot description:

Please stop asking us and just wait for the episodes to tell you. They have the answer you seek. We don't.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art (1781059)
Posted by Kurona on April 14th, 2016 @ 10:28am CDT

Glowstrike's ship is kinda shown to have a ton of generics onboard, and in the first episode Fixit did say "a couple hundred more" prisoners had escaped, so...
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Grimlock concept art (1781188)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on April 14th, 2016 @ 3:02pm CDT
just watched episode 11 of season 2! & yet another great action packed episode ;)

seeing Prime in vehicle mode just gets me every time :D Stockade & his army of tough minicons(hup hup hup hup) were a formidable opponent for the Autobots, although i've no idea what sort of vehicle Stockade turns into :-? great to see Drift's minicons being used by other Autobots(well....mostly Sideswipe)
all in all yet another fun episode :D

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Selects God Neptune Combiner Wars Coelagon Gulf Skalor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G15 Hunter Bulkhead Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS02 KRAKEN (Seawing) / Seacons / In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS06 LOBCLAW (Nautilator) / Seacons / In Han" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers | Retro Headmasters | Deluxe Class: Brainstorm + Arcana" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Of The Primes Vector Prime Master Metalhawk" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations CYBER BATTALION SIDESWIPE Complete Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers Skullcruncher G1 Complete w/ Instructions Stats Card Hasbro" on EBAY