Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper

Saturday, February 8th, 2020 4:41am CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 26,155

And the reveals just keep on coming! Thanks once again to TFW2005 boards member S250, we have our first look at not only Studio Series Devastator in his fully colored combined mode, but also the first looks at his final two components, Leader Class Overload and Voyager Class Scrapper! Feast your eyes below on the mighty Constructicon combiner in all his glory!

Of course, he couldn't be shown that way without his final two components; Overload, who forms Devastator's lower torso and thighs, and Scrapper, who forms his right arm. Concept art of Overload had previously shown him as a multi-limbed robot, and that carries into the elusive Constructicon's design here- he's a bipedal robot with four arms! He also has a really nice looking vehicle mode as an articulated dump truck (carrying what looks like a piece of Devastator's vortex grinder).

And finally, we get a look at Scrapper, who looks to be pretty faithful to his movie design, with his left hand molded as a flail.

Keep in mind that unlike with the just revealed MP Arcee and Tigatron, Overload and Scrapper's numerical designations are specific to the Japanese market, as their designations for the Studio Series line are different from that of Hasbro.

So now that we've finally seen Studio Series Devastator's final two components, and his fully combined form, are you excited to complete this massive combiner? Let us know what you think below, and stay tuned to Seibertron for the latest from Wonder Festival 2020!

Credit(s): S250 on TFW2005

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper (2051618)
Posted by skidflap on February 8th, 2020 @ 4:45am CST
OH MY GOOOOODDDD. :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper (2051619)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 8th, 2020 @ 4:47am CST
Oh YEAH! That's the good stuff, overload isn't a crab centaur, but its close enough for me, god, he looks sick
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper (2051621)
Posted by Bounti76 on February 8th, 2020 @ 4:59am CST
Devastator looks great and very.... Red. I want to get Skipjack just to make Devastator more screen accurate, but also to break up that sea of red.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper (2051622)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 8th, 2020 @ 5:15am CST
Looks like they took the legends Overload design and then dialled it up to 11 :D really happy with how they all turned out
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper (2051633)
Posted by Master Farr 1 on February 8th, 2020 @ 6:57am CST
Shut up and take my money. But first I need proof there will be a box set
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper (2051635)
Posted by LinaNui on February 8th, 2020 @ 7:46am CST
OMG, best news to wake up to ever!!! I am so pumped for this! I really hope that they release overload in april/may so that we can have Devastator fully combined sooner! This has been a dream figure since I watched the movie in 2009! Now it looks like I will have to design and print some wrecking balls and maybe a special neck bracket so that he can be fully hunched over! Still I am so excited! Hopefully we see some other figures! The fallen maybe?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper (2051636)
Posted by Ig89ninja on February 8th, 2020 @ 8:02am CST
I was worried at first when the blue prototype was revealed, but now I am happy that I jumped on the Constructicon hype train
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper (2051637)
Posted by Ig89ninja on February 8th, 2020 @ 8:05am CST
Another thing I noticed, Scrapmetal’s shield is attached to Overload at the left knee to create some yellow on the leg, I wonder what it will look like when Skipjack is attached instead of Rampage.

Edit: It also appears that Rampage’s stand is attached to the butt
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper (2051638)
Posted by carytheone on February 8th, 2020 @ 8:05am CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:crab centaur

I'm digging the yellow and general look of Scrapper. I wish every figure came in yellow, maybe a little orange, a splash of purple here or there. Let's just G2 it up!
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper (2051641)
Posted by blackeyedprime on February 8th, 2020 @ 8:23am CST
Looks good (if a bit too red for me)hoping they do some recolors or as a full box set since I havent got a single piece yet.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper (2051642)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on February 8th, 2020 @ 8:29am CST
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper (2051648)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on February 8th, 2020 @ 9:14am CST
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Devastator's looking amazing! Only complaint I have is the cortex grinder in Overload's vehicle mode, but that's very minor because I can just pretend he's hauling a mini space bridge or something

Its most likely detachable, doubt its fixed on
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper (2051649)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 8th, 2020 @ 9:15am CST
Holy crap, that’s even better than I thought it would look! Scrapper and Overload both look super cool on their own! I’ve kept on saying I can’t go after Devastator but if I can keep scoring them at discount. . .
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper (2051656)
Posted by Munkky on February 8th, 2020 @ 10:44am CST
I like the look of both Scrapper and Overload, Scrapper in particular, but I decided a long time ago that I wasn't going to get all eight Constructicons or combine them into Devastator, so I most likely won't end up buying these two. That being said, the fully formed Devastator seems to have turned out okay.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper (2051660)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on February 8th, 2020 @ 11:09am CST
Was looking over the photos shown so far, and noticed this:
Picture1.png

What could these be? That Jetfire Optimus does not look like the SS version to me, and who are the others?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper (2051661)
Posted by Ig89ninja on February 8th, 2020 @ 11:17am CST
LeAwesome1 wrote:Was looking over the photos shown so far, and noticed this:
Picture1.png

The other 2 look like a Decepticon Protoform and the Fallen to me.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper (2051664)
Posted by Tuned Agent on February 8th, 2020 @ 12:00pm CST
:shock:

Overload looks awesome! I'm glad they incorporated some of the concept art into his design, even if he only has two legs. I also kinda like what they did with Devastator's vortex/ neck grinder part. If they couldn't incorporate it into Mixmaster, then just let the leader class dump truck carry it around.

Scrapper looks good as well, but I'd like to see more of him.

And woah, fully colored, properly combined Devastator looks incredible!

Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper (2051665)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 8th, 2020 @ 12:02pm CST
LeAwesome1 wrote:Was looking over the photos shown so far, and noticed this:
Picture1.png

Looks like The Fallen and ROTF Megatron. I'm thinking these are some of those movie customs with the dioramas that show up at some of the conventions.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper (2051682)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 8th, 2020 @ 3:24pm CST
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator Fully Combined and First Look at Overload and Scrapper (2051683)
Posted by Ig89ninja on February 8th, 2020 @ 3:34pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:Since they've all been revealed, can we just pause to reflect on how well designed all the constructicons have been? Like they were not generic designs - far from it, and to have been carried out this well, with so few sacrifices made, and on top of that, they all combine into an amazing gestalt. Love em or hate em, this is an impressive set 8-)

Agreed, I really love the fact that 4 are the standard bipedal form yet give themselves a unique look(jagged legs, long arms, chonky boi, and tall boi), while the other 4 have unique aspects to themselves (four arms, one snake tail, giant wheels, and a dinosaur)

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Trading Card Game Rise of the Combiners Decepticon Acid Storm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime AM-21 Arms Master  Optimus Prime Arms Micron Takara MISB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TRU Exclusive Masterpiece Acid Storm and Sunstorm; great condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Acid Storm & GI Joe Steeler" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Reissue Scramble City Galvatron Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Cheetor/Sea Fury Combo & Slipstream. Spark Armor New (2)" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Henkei Transformers Ratchet Classics Universe Generations (Japan Version)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe 25th Anniversary Ratchet MISP rare 2009 Generations" on EBAY