Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10

Transformers News: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10

Tuesday, September 19th, 2017 10:17PM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: ScottyP   Views: 10,735

Rounding out the new covers seen on PreviewsWorld today are three covers for the upcoming and presumably delayed until October Lost Light #10. This first chapter in "The Mutineers Trilogy" will have a main cover available by Jack Lawrence, being seen here in color for the first time. Additionally, variant covers by Nick Roche and Marcelo Matere will also be available, the latter being a 10-copy Retailer Incentive cover. While covers don't always indicate the events to come, some readers may not be surprised by one of these new covers' depictions of the latest captain of the Lost Light as he deals with another famous Autobot! Check them all out mirrored below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on IDW's Transformers and Hasbro Universe comics.

(W) James Roberts (A/CA) Jack Lawrence
HOMECOMING! FIRST AID, the Autobots' Chief Medical Officer, returns to the Lost Light to find that everything has changed: the ship is now under the command of the treacherous GETAWAY, half of his closest friends are missing, and - most shocking of all - the crew is actually making progress...

Transformers News: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10

Transformers News: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10

Transformers News: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10
Credit(s): PreviewsWorld
Re: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10 (1911921)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on September 20th, 2017 @ 2:30am CDT
Okay, I seriously adore that Lawrence cove. Are we up to... 4 now? Season one with Rod, season two with Megs, Swearth and this one?

Also, for anyone (myself included) worried about Thunderclash's moral scrupulousness and whether he'd actually go along with the mutiny? As Scotty highlights, I think cover 2 gives you your answer ;)
Re: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10 (1911935)
Posted by Big Grim on September 20th, 2017 @ 5:35am CDT
All of those covers are great!
Re: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10 (1911946)
Posted by Windsweeper on September 20th, 2017 @ 8:18am CDT

Of course, as I type this I remember Bluestreak's tech spec motto, "I never met a Decepticon I didn't dislike".
Re: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10 (1912005)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on September 20th, 2017 @ 11:26am CDT
Every one of those covers are really sweet!
Re: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10 (1912006)
Posted by william-james88 on September 20th, 2017 @ 11:27am CDT
Alex Milne is synonymous with the Lost Light crew, the team of Transformers found in the IDW More than Meets the Eye and Lost Light series. Even Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus is based on his designs. While he left when the book changed its name to Lost Light, James Roberts, the author, has now revealed that Alex Milne will be drawing this team again in Lost Light number 13. After that, he come back at a later date for a longer run on the book.

Here are the tweets from Roberts:

[quote]At last it can be revealed! @markerguru makes his Lost Light debut (interiors) with issue #13!

Just for this standalone issue, but he'll be back for a longer run.[/quote]

Re: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10 (1912057)
Posted by WreckerJack on September 20th, 2017 @ 3:46pm CDT
Alex Milne is awesome and I am so glad he is returning. I wish we had more of the crew from MTMTE.
Re: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10 (1912060)
Posted by Prime Nova on September 20th, 2017 @ 3:58pm CDT
So that's #12,13 - unless the listing for #12 was wrong
Re: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10 (1912063)
Posted by SureShot18 on September 20th, 2017 @ 4:04pm CDT
Sweet! Milne's art is fantastic and it's been my phone wallpaper many times. However I hope this isn't just because of what people (myself included, albeit to a lesser extent) have been saying about Lawrence's art.
Re: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10 (1912064)
Posted by Kurona on September 20th, 2017 @ 4:06pm CDT
I personally can't wait to see Anode and Lug drawn by Milne :D
Re: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10 (1912068)
Posted by Bounti76 on September 20th, 2017 @ 4:34pm CDT
Kurona wrote:I personally can't wait to see Anode and Lug drawn by Milne :D

No need to wait! They're between Rodimus' right arm and leg, unless Milne didn't draw that cover.
Re: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10 (1912069)
Posted by Kurona on September 20th, 2017 @ 4:38pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:
Kurona wrote:I personally can't wait to see Anode and Lug drawn by Milne :D

True, but as a part of the story :)
Re: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10 (1912098)
Posted by Deadput on September 20th, 2017 @ 7:25pm CDT
Windsweeper wrote:Those covers look great especially the group one. I'm just disappointed Bluestreak and Hound would go along with the mutiny. Along with Trailbreaker, they were always the nice bots of the G1 Ark crew.

This ain't G1, there was never an Ark crew in IDW and 95 percent of the Autobots are edgy douche bags so personality means nothing unless their sarcastic or snarky meme spewing or Ratchet.
Re: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10 (1912134)
Posted by Quint on September 21st, 2017 @ 2:21am CDT
Ooh, Milne's back, excellent.

I'll actually give this series another shot and start buying it again if they make his return permanent.

Hopefully Slim Jim has realised what's best for the comic now.
Re: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10 (1912184)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on September 21st, 2017 @ 10:35am CDT
Yknow much as in excited for Milne on LL, I think it was really for the best that we switched. Not only have I grown to love Lawrence's art but it's well known that Robert's style of very detailed scripts doesn't gel well with Milne's desire for creative freedom. I don't think for a minute there's any bad blood between the two, but I feel a break can have only been a good thing.
Also agreed windsweeper (though about different characters, riptide I kinda expected but percy?), though in gonna assume that all is not sunshine and rainbows aboard the LL. By these covers thunders clearly ain't too keen, and First Aid almost certainly won't be either- I wonder who else is gonna be on their side when push comes to shove. It might be we have a full fledged mutiny...iny. Mutinutiny? Hmmmm, I don't wanna go for the obvious "mutinception" but nothing else works quite as well :lol:
Re: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10 (1912206)
Posted by DeadCaL on September 21st, 2017 @ 1:56pm CDT
I'd really like to see him continue to do things other than Lost Light. You can tell he's having alot of fun on Shining Armour :D
Re: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10 (1912211)
Posted by Mugshot on September 21st, 2017 @ 2:23pm CDT
I love the cover!

Never thought in 4 million years you could make a 'bot like Hoist look mean lol
Re: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10 (1914539)
Posted by Va'al on October 4th, 2017 @ 4:24pm CDT
And finally, in our iTunes previews of upcoming IDW Publishing comics today, we have the first three pages of the series featuring the actual ship after which the series itself is titled: Lost Light #10, and the return of Getaway's crew (for three issues at least)! Check it out below, and head back here in a couple of weeks for more.

[quote]HOMECOMING! FIRST AID, the Autobots' Chief Medical Officer, returns to the Lost Light to find that everything has changed: the ship is now under the command of the treacherous GETAWAY, half of his closest friends are missing, and—most shocking of all—the crew is actually making progress...[/quote]

Re: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10 (1914558)
Posted by D R E W on October 4th, 2017 @ 7:07pm CDT
wait, I thought Defensor was still combined.....also, Groove!
Re: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10 (1914566)
Posted by Bounti76 on October 4th, 2017 @ 8:10pm CDT
D R E W wrote:wait, I thought Defensor was still combined.....also, Groove!

And in one corner, Rook!

Defensor separated at the conclusion of Combiner Wars, when Mirage and the other Protectobots took their shuttle back to the Lost Light.
Re: Variant Covers for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #10 (1914578)
Posted by SureShot18 on October 4th, 2017 @ 9:51pm CDT
Oh yes, this is gonna be a good arc. :D
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Optimus Primal Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 55%
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations combiner wars deluxe protectobot groove" on AMAZON
You save: 34%