War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character

War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging  - Create Your Own Character

Monday, March 1st, 2010 8:50pm CST

Category: Game News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 27,677

3News in New Zealand appears to be the first site to release information about Transformers: War for Cybertron's multiplayer aspects. There isn't a lot of information yet, but according to the article, you can drop in on a mission already in progress, taking control of one of the Autobot NPCs (non-player characters) that follow the player character around on a mission.

Also, and this is very much anticipated, in the head-to-head matches, players can create their own Autobot or Decepticon characters! There will apparently be several classes, upgrades and weapons available to choose from, which seems to indicate that there will be at least a few RPG elements in this shooter.

Check out the full article here

Credit(s): Mkall

This article was last modified on Monday, March 1st, 2010 8:52pm CST

Re: War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character (1050982)
Posted by nemesis-prime on March 1st, 2010 @ 8:55pm CST
awsome i wanna make nemesis-prime :CON:
Re: War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character (1050985)
Posted by Dragonslayer on March 1st, 2010 @ 9:06pm CST
:shock:

Me wanty. Me wanty now.
Re: War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character (1050986)
Posted by Blurrz on March 1st, 2010 @ 9:10pm CST
Hello endless gaming. Goodbye sunlight.
Re: War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character (1050988)
Posted by UltraPrimal on March 1st, 2010 @ 9:11pm CST
Re: War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character (1050989)
Posted by Mkall on March 1st, 2010 @ 9:11pm CST
I can finally make my HMW team *cries* I'm so happy...
Re: War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character (1050991)
Posted by First-Aid on March 1st, 2010 @ 9:12pm CST
uncle whiskey breath!!!!
Re: War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character (1050993)
Posted by Abraxsis on March 1st, 2010 @ 9:20pm CST
Meh....I can't stand multiplayer. Wish these companies would put 100% development into having an excellent solo game instead of splitting development into solo/multi.
Re: War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character (1050999)
Posted by Varia31 on March 1st, 2010 @ 9:36pm CST
Blurrz wrote:Hello endless gaming. Goodbye sunlight.

ROFL No kidding, that's what I do, on Friday nights on RoTF that is. Anyways, sounds cool, this game keeps sounding better and better! :D
Re: War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character (1051008)
Posted by NassaDane on March 1st, 2010 @ 10:29pm CST

Well the creating your own character was not expected! Could be cool. All of this is hard to guage in positive or negative until we get our hands on it, i mean look at "RE" 5, looked great and had lots of multi player in it just like this, but we know how bad that turned out. So i'll wait, with both a positive outlook and a negative, just to be fair.
Re: War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character (1051011)
Posted by DecepticonKing86 on March 1st, 2010 @ 10:43pm CST
UltraPrimal wrote:I wonder how detailed this Character Creation system is. Is it gonna be as complex as Smackdown vs Raw or as simple as Halo?

Most games don't even come close to Smackdown vs. Raw games for create mode. So I'm just meh on this, probably will be very generic.
Re: War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character (1051028)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on March 2nd, 2010 @ 12:34am CST

i'm hoping that its in between like armored core y'know ?

cause i gots to make me some gundams! :SMUG:
Re: War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character (1051029)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 2nd, 2010 @ 12:37am CST
Well, this is potentially interesting. I doubt it we be that detailed in customization, but still cool nonetheless.
Re: War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character (1051041)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on March 2nd, 2010 @ 1:31am CST
Very nice! Exactly what I was hoping for. Yay!

I imagine it will be like the character creation in the 2007 DS version of the movie game in apperance. Choose a name, choose the vehicle form, vehicle form decides the robot mode, choose the colour and weapons. MAYBE different heads as well. Know what though? I'd be perfectly happy with that. If they don't utilize the head-set for team voice chat then they might have a selection of voices too but that'd really be stretching it.

If they do go for the headset voice chat then it would be awesome if your voice was garbled slightly to make it sound more Cybertronian heh heh.
Re: War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character (1051048)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 2nd, 2010 @ 1:38am CST
Can can we make undead TFs :shock: I may want to start online gaming now.
Re: War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character (1051058)
Posted by Venomous Prime on March 2nd, 2010 @ 2:04am CST
Not trying to sound pessimistic, but I want to see actual screens of the customization screen and what not. I was mighty pissed when they hyped one of the DBZ: Tenkaichi games with "Create your own custom characters!" and it turns out you just give the existing characters different power ups to make their strength higher. I think whoever wrote the description on that game needs punched in the face :evil:
Re: War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character (1051060)
Posted by Mkall on March 2nd, 2010 @ 2:30am CST

I really hope I'm wrong.
Re: War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character (1051061)
Posted by Blurrz on March 2nd, 2010 @ 2:33am CST
Mkall wrote:I'm very worried that we'll have a few "core" pieces, and then we'll have to buy new componants with real money.

I really hope I'm wrong.

They'd never do that. Maps and characters maybe. But not gear.
Re: War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character (1051103)
Posted by SlyTF1 on March 2nd, 2010 @ 7:07am CST
Blurrz wrote:Hello endless gaming. Goodbye sunlight.

YES! This game will be my new life! over the summers and on weekends anyway. :CON: :CON: :CON:
Re: War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character (1051136)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 2nd, 2010 @ 10:15am CST
Oooh. Make my own character? Sweet...

This may sound silly, but it wasn't until today that I figured out how to truly configure my video card, and after playing ROTF in 720p on high, it has me sold on getting War For Cybertron.

Buying that video card was one of the best purchases of last year. Hot dang.
Re: War for Cybertron: Multiplayer Details Emerging - Create Your Own Character (1051151)
Posted by Shadowman on March 2nd, 2010 @ 11:14am CST
NassaDane wrote:Yeah i am not to hyped about all this multi player. I don't even like to pay for online so i won't be having it most of the time.

That's the problem with the 360, it's currently the only console where you have to pay to play online.

Blurrz wrote:

I really hope I'm wrong.

They'd never do that. Maps and characters maybe. But not gear.

Let me introduce you to Exteel and it's NCCoin system, where for real money, you can get access to more equipment and weapons than you can with the in-game not-real money.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOT SHOTS JUMP SHOT BUMBLEBEE, Bot Shots 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 3 Dark of The Moon Movie Cyberverse Legion Class Topspin Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2014 Transformers ATTENDEE Exclusive Kreon Kreo Kre-o Fractyl" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2014 Transformers ATTENDEE Exclusive Kreon Kreo Kre-o Rattrap" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2015 Transformers Kre-o Kreo Kreon G1 Nightbird New Attendee Only" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2015 Transformers Kre-o Kreo Kreon Robot Master New Attendee Only" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2015 Transformers Kre-o Kreo Kreon G1 Autobot Spike New Attendee Only" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2015 Transformers Kre-o Kreo Kreon Animated Sentinel Prime New Attendee" on EBAY