Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up!

Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up!

Thursday, April 17th, 2008 8:44am CDT

Categories: Site News, Event News
Posted by: Counterpunch   Views: 15,088

You’ve heard the rumors, bought the toys, and have scheduled a vacation to Cincinnati Ohio of all places…

You’ve got some spending cash, a list of things to buy, and a mix tape of all Weird Al and Stan Bush music for the drive…

You’re going to BotCon and you think you’re SO special!

We agree.

That being the case, your not-so-humble friend Counterpunch and the rest of the far more well behaved Seibertron staff members will be hosting a meet and greet at 10pm on Friday the 25th.

We need to know who is interested, how many people you’ll be bringing along, and what you’re interested in doing that night. Initial options include going out into the City, drinks in one of the hotel lobbies, or gaming in one or several of the available hotel rooms (The room containing myself, Geekee-1, and Fender Bender being volunteered first of course…)

So, send me a PM. Get me information which will aide me in contacting you. The location for meet-up is yet to be determined, unless I know you’re interested we won’t bother looking. The one thing I need for sure is your email address for this. Phone numbers and messenger names are encouraged but not required.

Ok guys and gals, get ready to call in all those beers folks have offered to buy you over the past year, shower with something other than a bottle of Axe body spray, and forget anything mean I said to you over the past 5 years (I’m tired of introductions where I get punched in the face…).

This is BotCon. It’s Transformers Christmas, Chinese New Year, Hanukah, St. Patricks Day, and Senior Skip Day all rolled up into one.

I (we) look forward to meeting you all there!

Credit(s): Counterpunch

This article was last modified on Saturday, April 26th, 2008 1:25pm CDT

Re: Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up! (682423)
Posted by Robinson on April 17th, 2008 @ 9:07am CDT
You guys should cruise over the bridge down into covington. Definately gotta hit up skyline or dixie chili while you guys are there as well.
Re: Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up! (682439)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 17th, 2008 @ 9:33am CDT
Re: Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up! (682440)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 17th, 2008 @ 9:35am CDT
Prime Evil wrote:Well, you're driving my ass there, so we'll talk aboot it in the car. Do you really want to hang with me the whole drive there and then the con, aaaannnnd deeeennnn the drive back? ;)

Check yo voicemail homie.
Re: Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up! (682452)
Posted by Ravage XK on April 17th, 2008 @ 9:50am CDT
Re: Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up! (682458)
Posted by Firebird on April 17th, 2008 @ 10:16am CDT
I sent you a PM Counterpunch, Thanks for the invitation :D
Re: Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up! (682464)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 17th, 2008 @ 10:25am CDT
Firebird wrote:I sent you a PM Counterpunch, Thanks for the invitation :D

Got it.

I forgot to say, I won't respond to each PM individually unless I need more from you. An email will go out a day or so before the event to all who PM me.

Should be lots of fun...
Re: Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up! (682490)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 17th, 2008 @ 10:56am CDT
wahoo! Good times coming soon...

In a week I will be sitting in Customizing class instead of in my classroom teaching! :D
Re: Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up! (682495)
Posted by Ronynus Prime on April 17th, 2008 @ 11:09am CDT
Sent you a PM CounterPunch. Wow,... first post EVER. Feels wierd =P~ .
Re: Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up! (682525)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 17th, 2008 @ 11:48am CDT
PlasmaEnergyGod wrote:Sent you a PM CounterPunch. Wow,... first post EVER. Feels wierd =P~ .

Welcome to the former forum lurker who is now a card carrying forum posting 'PlasmaEnergyGod'! :D
Re: Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up! (682562)
Posted by waaaaghlord on April 17th, 2008 @ 12:29pm CDT
Ravage XK wrote:You lucky people, wish I could go. When is the next UK Transformers convention thing? :sad:

Auto Assembly, first Saturday in August, at the Clarendon Suites in Birmingham. Full info and bookings at http://www.autoassembly.org.uk . See you there, and to all Seibertronians going to Botcon, have a great weekend, from myself and the rest of the ODB.
Re: Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up! (682564)
Posted by saberconvoy on April 17th, 2008 @ 12:33pm CDT
Why why cant i go man its so not fair im stuck here in a boring city while all the great stuff is every where else not fair!!!!
Re: Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up! (682566)
Posted by First Gen on April 17th, 2008 @ 12:39pm CDT
If you go, you'll get to meet me. Sorry, I'll only be doing photos for the first hour, autographs til about 11:30PM. A man's gotta sleep ya know?!!! :grin:
Re: Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up! (682569)
Posted by Seibertron on April 17th, 2008 @ 12:42pm CDT
This is awesome. Thanks for orchestrating this Counterpunch. Next weekend is going to be a blast!!!
Re: Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up! (682636)
Posted by Highbeam on April 17th, 2008 @ 2:00pm CDT
I wish I could go :-( Hope you all have a kick arse time!
Re: Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up! (682669)
Posted by doomboy536 on April 17th, 2008 @ 2:29pm CDT
Lucky chaps, bet you'll all have a blast.

Any Brits - don't worry, we'll have one at AutoAssembly. I'm expecting a good turnout :D
Re: Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up! (682674)
Posted by Geekee1 on April 17th, 2008 @ 2:32pm CDT
Re: Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up! (682713)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 17th, 2008 @ 3:20pm CDT
This could be epic...

The PMs keep rolling in. :grin:
Re: Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up! (682734)
Posted by Delicon on April 17th, 2008 @ 3:45pm CDT
Geekee1 wrote:Next week is gonna be awesome! Looking forward to meeting up with people from last year and getting some new ones in the mix!

I was there last year but not a part of this board then, it definitely does add a dimension.

Counterpunch wrote:This could be epic...

The PMs keep rolling in.

Re: Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up! (682735)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 17th, 2008 @ 3:47pm CDT
Delicon wrote:Maybe the fact that so many of us will be meeting up will inspire a few more members of this board to get off their butts and come to Botcon '09!

The opportunity to punch me in the face isn't enough inspiration? :P
Re: Your official invitation to the BotCon 08 Seibertron meet-up! (682739)
Posted by Geekee1 on April 17th, 2008 @ 3:50pm CDT
Delicon wrote:

You probably saw me there last year, I was carrying around a Fort Max for alot of the first day. Followed by many other smaller purchases. :grin:

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Unopened Hasbro 1992 Transformers Generation 2 Decepticon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS DECEPTICON OUTCAST MAGNIFICUS From JP TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers Generations Grimlock Fall of Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS R.E.D. REFORMATTING MEGATRON WALMART EXCLUSIVE IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Grimlock Generation 1 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MP-03!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron Trilogy  Rhinox. New!" on EBAY