Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby ScottyP » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:24 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Lots of good stuff to take in and digest here, some a good reminder of things we should be doing anyway. You all rock and don't let this post of mine stop you if you were meaning to post something else!

Other quick notes on this:

Sabrblade, I owe you a PM later. Short unsatisfying version: didn't forget about the Rescue Bots.

I would not expect comics talk to diminish. Keep in mind that there's a segment of our audience that skips 2/3rds of the show's content because they're not into toys all that much.

Burn, what time zone are you in?
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I-I trusted you Scotty! Now Scottie Pippen is my favorite Scotty :sad:


Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Faction Commander
Posts: 4155
News Credits: 299
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:37 pm

If ever you are wondering Scotty, my time zone is the Eastern Time Zone (same as Megatronus) ;)
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 19923
News Credits: 790
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:33 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
question for the twincast, would Evangelion been better if Transformers Mode "Eva" was part of the show's canon?
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

Image
User avatar
SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
Posts: 3153
News Credits: 25
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby Burn » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:29 pm

ScottyP wrote:Burn, what time zone are you in?

GMT +10. I can always give you a few weeks notice when I'm having a day off/holidays and see if it fits in.
Image
I'll be ignoring Burn's comments from now on
he's just being an @$$hol€!
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 44794
News Credits: 116
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby Kibble » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
Counterpunch wrote:I have a question for the listeners...

What would help us generate more interaction in the forum threads for the episodes?


I've said previously putting in the times of when you're discussing topics would be a great help. I used to listen to pretty much every episode, but I have to admit, I don't care as much about the content, be it comics or toylines I have diminished interest in, and have pretty much given up searching through the audio files trying to find the content I'm still interested in. Trying to find where you guys start talking about the stuff I'm interested in...I dunno, more work than I want to bother with, I guess. Maybe I'm just not part the demographic you're aiming for...or maybe you don't want to give people an easy way of skipping over content they might otherwise listen to. I dunno.

I'd also say go back to answering some of the (aka my) dumb questions, but I think I know the answer to that one already...that demographic thing again.
User avatar
Kibble
City Commander
Posts: 3731
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:54 am

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:13 pm

ScottyP wrote:I would not expect comics talk to diminish. Keep in mind that there's a segment of our audience that skips 2/3rds of the show's content because they're not into toys all that much.

You're the boss, you do what you think is best. We werent criticising the podcast itself, but just answering Counterpunch's question. Clearly that segment you describe is not enough to get the participation level you are looking for or else we wouldnt be here trying to see how to get it higher.

I have personally struggled through my personal projects to boost audience participation and I have realized that you lose potential participation for each incremental step asked of the audience. In this case that would be to have the audience coordinate their buying habits of weekly comics and having it in synch with the podcast discussing it. Thats all I meant. As long as there are enough topics that dont require that many steps to participate also present in any given podcast, then you should be fine.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 19923
News Credits: 790
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:39 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
ScottyP wrote:Sabrblade, I owe you a PM later.
I'll keep an eye out for it.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28887
News Credits: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:46 pm

its a question I asked before but it didnt seem the cast understood it all on the same level, so now we have a great example and it will be real simple.

TR Hot Rod is a new mold for a character we already have in a classics collection:

Image

TR Quake is a character we dont have a classics update yet, but he is just a redeco:

Image

So between the two, which excites you more, a character you dont have in your classics collection yet that is just a redeco of another toy, or a completely new mold of a character you already have in your collection? Does your answer change depending on whether or not you already have the mold of the redeco?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 19923
News Credits: 790
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby Ironhidensh » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
So, since most of you podders are comics fan, I have a question for you based on a realization I had today.


Has IDW's version of the classic characters started to take more precedence than the original G1 versions?

For the obvious example, when I think of Megatron, I no longer think of the megalomaniac personification of evil destroyer of worlds, but now I think of the conflicted freedom fighter who tried too hard and lost his way.

When I think of Hot Rod, I don't think of the young hero ready to step up and carry the Matrix. I think of the immature leader who means well, but can't get out of his own way.

When I think of Optimus, I don't think of the greatest hero of my childhood. I think of the proverb that absolute power corrupts absolutely.

IDW has moved so far beyond the humble beginnings of our beloved toy commercial. I just realized today talking with a fellow nerd, that "old school" G1 is fading away to me. The vast world building and attention to character building IDW has done is winning. I'm okay with this.

Your thoughts?

P.S.

This would make a good topic all on its own. *heads off to the comic forum* But I'd still like you guys to answer it.
Photobucket can die now.

Image

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
User avatar
Ironhidensh
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9744
News Credits: 11
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:14 pm
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Ironhidensh wrote:So, since most of you podders are comics fan, I have a question for you based on a realization I had today.


Has IDW's version of the classic characters started to take more precedence than the original G1 versions?

For the obvious example, when I think of Megatron, I no longer think of the megalomaniac personification of evil destroyer of worlds, but now I think of the conflicted freedom fighter who tried too hard and lost his way.

When I think of Hot Rod, I don't think of the young hero ready to step up and carry the Matrix. I think of the immature leader who means well, but can't get out of his own way.

When I think of Optimus, I don't think of the greatest hero of my childhood. I think of the proverb that absolute power corrupts absolutely.

IDW has moved so far beyond the humble beginnings of our beloved toy commercial. I just realized today talking with a fellow nerd, that "old school" G1 is fading away to me. The vast world building and attention to character building IDW has done is winning. I'm okay with this.

Your thoughts?

P.S.

This would make a good topic all on its own. *heads off to the comic forum* But I'd still like you guys to answer it.


I think we'll address this soon. It's been cropping up on the edge of conversation a great deal recently.
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 15828
News Credits: 74
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby Va'al » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:19 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Counterpunch wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:So, since most of you podders are comics fan, I have a question for you based on a realization I had today.


Has IDW's version of the classic characters started to take more precedence than the original G1 versions?

For the obvious example, when I think of Megatron, I no longer think of the megalomaniac personification of evil destroyer of worlds, but now I think of the conflicted freedom fighter who tried too hard and lost his way.

When I think of Hot Rod, I don't think of the young hero ready to step up and carry the Matrix. I think of the immature leader who means well, but can't get out of his own way.

When I think of Optimus, I don't think of the greatest hero of my childhood. I think of the proverb that absolute power corrupts absolutely.

IDW has moved so far beyond the humble beginnings of our beloved toy commercial. I just realized today talking with a fellow nerd, that "old school" G1 is fading away to me. The vast world building and attention to character building IDW has done is winning. I'm okay with this.

Your thoughts?

P.S.

This would make a good topic all on its own. *heads off to the comic forum* But I'd still like you guys to answer it.


I think we'll address this soon. It's been cropping up on the edge of conversation a great deal recently.


Worth going through the whole thread, too!
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=108677&p=1861531#p1861531
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Never too late for.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 15517
News Credits: 184
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby william-james88 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:41 am

ScottyP wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Secondly, why is the biggest legal address the one for Hasbro Canada and not the one for Hasbro USA (which is in smaller print)?
Hasbro legal might know. We won't. Apologies again.

We know now. Its because Hasbro Canada deals with all the packaging and printing. The card is printed in Canada and then shipped off to China for them to do he packaging.

Canada turns out to be the cheapest place to print. And since it is printed there, that adress ends up being the biggest adress.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 19923
News Credits: 790
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby Blurrz » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:35 pm

Motto: "Ore wa Gundam"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Fried chicken or chicken burger?
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11613
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby lonrac » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:06 pm

Motto: "My 'collection' isn't worth bragging about"
Weapon: Photon Pistol
So , given the more recent news from HLJ with regards to the new MP Megatron,

do you do a twincast 'Orange-plugged' ( bad pun on 'unplugged') ?
User avatar
lonrac
Fuzor
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:05 am
Location: Co. Tipperary, Ireland
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 3
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 2

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby Amelie » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:04 pm

Motto: "Everything transforms"
Weapon: Needle-Launcher
Should characters that were "similar" in G1 always be used as remolds\redecos in modern lines? (Soundwave\Blaster and Ironhide\Ratchet, for example)
User avatar
Amelie
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5630
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England
Alt Mode: Robot mode switches between Autobot and Decepticon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby william-james88 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:47 pm

Have you ever been dissapointed that a toy turned out different than you thought it would? Like TR Quickswitch not having the head he had in the official images?

Or look at how different the deco changed from the Leader Prime they showed us at toy fair adn the one we will end up getting:

Image

Image

They ever removed the flame details on his chest.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 19923
News Credits: 790
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby ScottyP » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:08 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
We talked about that in 171, specifically Quickswitch :)
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I-I trusted you Scotty! Now Scottie Pippen is my favorite Scotty :sad:


Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Faction Commander
Posts: 4155
News Credits: 299
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby william-james88 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:51 pm

ScottyP wrote:We talked about that in 171, specifically Quickswitch :)

I went to listen but I didnt hear much of a discussion on it. It was just some remarks on Quickswitch. But I am curious about that subject with you guys as a discussion point, so if you dont mind I would like to ask the following:

Have you ever been dissapointed that a toy turned out different than you thought it would?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 19923
News Credits: 790
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:20 am

Has the podcast team ever discussed their thoughts on the Chaos on Velocitron set now that it is out? Which is your personal favourite in the set?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 19923
News Credits: 790
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby SillyMcGilly » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:02 pm

Motto: "My stages of grief: Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance, and betterment."
Weapon: Flame-Thrower
Since it's around that time for a tenth anniversary of Transformers Animated, what figures out of that line do you guys like best? And I know it may be wishful thinking, but is anyone else in the mood for Animated reissues of sorts even though that probably wouldn't happen?
I have a fan-art page too! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

william-james88 wrote:I dont know, my understanding of SillySpringer's mind only goes so far.
User avatar
SillyMcGilly
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5327
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 4:20 pm
Location: The NoiseMAYS. (OXICLEAN!)
Watch SillyMcGilly on YouTube
Alt Mode: The most ridiculous thing ever.
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Rank: ???
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby Ironhidensh » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:30 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
How do you fight burnout?
Photobucket can die now.

Image

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
User avatar
Ironhidensh
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9744
News Credits: 11
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:14 pm
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:32 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Ironhidensh wrote:How do you fight burnout?


Burnout of what? Collecting? Podcasting? The morning after really spicy food? :-D
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
User avatar
RodimusConvoy13
City Commander
Posts: 3068
News Credits: 31
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:06 pm
Location: Saline, MI
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby Ironhidensh » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:09 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:How do you fight burnout?


Burnout of what? Collecting? Podcasting? The morning after really spicy food? :-D



Just on the hobby as a whole. What do you do when you start seeing your collection as just a bunch of toys?



Spicey food you fight with triple ply.
Photobucket can die now.

Image

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
User avatar
Ironhidensh
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9744
News Credits: 11
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:14 pm
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby william-james88 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:49 pm

I know some of you are very adamant about buying either online or in stores and I have a question about that on 2 fronts.

1. For those buying only online, what do you do with this recent trend of BBTS and other specialty retailers to only sell cases which may have a toy you already have in them (example, TLK Leader Dragonstorm)

2. For those of you who preffer retail, how do you handle how crazy distribution has gotten recently. Scotty has pointed out that now we get a glimpse of a new wave and then it dissapears to be repalced by something older. Like TLK Wave 2 toys, or with TR Wave 4/5.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 19923
News Credits: 790
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Ask the Twincast ... post your Listener Questions here!

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:35 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Kinda a Just for fun question, are there any Vehicles/alt modes that you'd like see that haven't been used, or are uncommon in the fiction/toyline. For example I personally would like to see more "classic" cars, like a character whose altmode is similar/is a 60s cadillac. Another example in a broader sense is i'd like to see more biplane transformers.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

Image
User avatar
SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
Posts: 3153
News Credits: 25
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers Universe Deluxe Class SE-02 Megatron Action Figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 1 hour 16 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Encore Takara Tomy Ratchet 06 anime manga - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 20 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Firefly Hasbro 2014 - Time Remaining: 21 days 11 hours 22 minutes
Transformers G1 Cassette combiner Slamdance, Complete (Grand Slam and Raindance) - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 26 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Thundercracker - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 hours 27 minutes 8 seconds
G1 TRANSFORMERS (1985) SWOOP *SEALED* WEAPONS IN BAG ~ UNUSED ~ ORIGINAL PARTS - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 30 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Armada Energon Lot Unicron Optimus Scorponok Tidal Wave Hoist More - Time Remaining: 12 days 21 hours 32 minutes 2 seconds
ARCEE TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON MECHTECH DELUXE CLASS NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 3 days 18 hours 39 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent
Twincast / Podcast #188:
"Mutinous Intent"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 13th, 2017