Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby Brokebot » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:38 pm

Motto: "I've waited 30 years for a Dinobot combiner, and this is what I get?"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
Everywhere down here in the coastal Georgia area has TLK (which I don't collect,) RID (which I don't collect,) and Headmasters (which I don't collect.) I guess I should be grateful that Hasbro has saved me a lot of money this year by not putting out anything I want, and not shipping any PotP's anywhere near here until after Christmas, as I am forbidden to buy myself anything until after the holidays.

Still, with 2 or 3 Transformers lines going at all times, it baffles me that the section dedicated to professional wrestlers is twice the size of the Transformers sections. :-?
Brokebot
Micromaster
Posts: 58
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:33 pm
Alt Mode: Something else
Strength: 6
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Firepower: 10
Skill: Infinity

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby lakebot » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:01 pm

I’m wondering if we are ever going to see a TLK Hot Rod at retail?
lakebot
Micromaster
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:49 pm

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby william-james88 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:51 pm

lakebot wrote:I’m wondering if we are ever going to see a TLK Hot Rod at retail?

I saw several on the shelves... in Canada :-P

Anyways, my TRU was stocked to the brim. They had everything and the TF section was even overflowing into the Voltron and Pokemon section.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Thats RID, TLK, TR AND POTP (plus TRU exclusives like MPM line and Seige on Cybertron) all there at the same time.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 22875
News Credits: 2073
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby carytheone » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:53 pm

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
Ha, you're a brave man to go to TRU at this time of year. My last trip was a few weeks ago and it was a disaster. All the pegged items where just in a pile on the shelf below it was nuts.
User avatar
carytheone
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6956
News Credits: 107
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: [+[___]+]
Alt Mode: murder hobo

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby Brokebot » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:04 pm

Motto: "I've waited 30 years for a Dinobot combiner, and this is what I get?"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
Beachcomber, Slash, and Windcharger have appeared in the grab bins at Walmart down here. I didn't know how to behave.
Brokebot
Micromaster
Posts: 58
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:33 pm
Alt Mode: Something else
Strength: 6
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Firepower: 10
Skill: Infinity

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby Emerje » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:46 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Checked out the local Walmart today, looks like they might be preparing for the next reset as I noticed a lot of empty sections in the action figure aisle. Titans Return is just six or so figures that remain of Deluxe revision wave 4 (this store has never gotten regular wave 4, 5 or 6) and some Seasprays and Cosmoses. PotP is the same four Windchargers and two Shrapnels that have been there since the weekend before Christmas which I found a little worrisome. Unexpectedly they restocked a bunch of stuff from TLK. The pegs were packed with Deluxe waves 2 and 3 and a bunch of Voyager Nitro and Scorn figs. Everything else was cleaned out, this is really all there was. Looks like the simple TLK stuff was clearanced out.

I was going to take a picture, but before I could two teenage girls (13 or 14 I would guess) came into the aisle and complained about the Transformers section not being stocked yet. One of them mentioned Scraplets so they were definitely there as fans rather than looking for a gift for a little brother or something so that was great. I was in a hurry so I didn't hang around to wait for them to leave to take a pic. Just thought it was neat, I rarely actually see people in the store buying Transformers, let alone girls.

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
Faction Commander
Posts: 4105
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby Ironhidensh » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:31 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Meijer #127 in Goshen, In:

Image

While it holds no candle to those fancy Canadian toy stores....... this is the most well stocked Transformers section I've seen in manyour a moon. :(
Photobucket can die now.

Image

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
User avatar
Ironhidensh
City Commander
Posts: 3928
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:14 pm
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby william-james88 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:18 pm

Ironhidensh wrote:While it holds no candle to those fancy Canadian toy stores....... this is the most well stocked Transformers section I've seen in manyour a moon. :(

Looks really good.

Here is how my walamrt looked for comparison today.

Aside from it having a Cogman, its pretty much on par with yours :)

Image
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 22875
News Credits: 2073
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:10 pm

Maybe 5-10 years ago, I still had the bug for collecting. Beast Wars, naturally. I wanted specific characters, for drawing purposes. now clearly physical retail wasn't really viable by that point, so I turned to eBay. Prices were reasonable and selection was greater than any readily available at the time.

One sour experience did put me off for some time however, when I was moments away from securing TM 2 Iguanus, some slag-sucking saurian gazumped me at the last moment... The rage could have ended the world!

But I digress. After reading through a few threads here, I decide to have a brief glance at eBay once more, out of curiosity. For starters, the selection is virtually non-existent. Multiple people selling the same, lone character from any line that isn't either G1 or the most recent.

More importantly, the prices!?!
I know I've been out of the loop for a while, but when did eBay sellers become so extortionate?
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 881
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby Emerje » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:37 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:But I digress. After reading through a few threads here, I decide to have a brief glance at eBay once more, out of curiosity. For starters, the selection is virtually non-existent. Multiple people selling the same, lone character from any line that isn't either G1 or the most recent.

More importantly, the prices!?!
I know I've been out of the loop for a while, but when did eBay sellers become so extortionate?

This is what happens when a line transitions from something in the attic to a nostalgia goldmine. The line is 22 years old now ( :shock: ) and the target audience of the time (6 to 10 years) is now 28 to 32, out of college and well into the workforce with a disposable income and they're snapping up their childhood toys left and right driving up demand and prices. We see this happen incrementally over time with RID 2001 due to gain value soon so if there's anything there people are on the fence about buying they may want to buy them now.

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
Faction Commander
Posts: 4105
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby WreckerJack » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:09 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Went into target again to try and find moonracer. They still haven't restocked from earlier in the week but I was there for other reasons so it wasn't that I went out of my way.
User avatar
WreckerJack
News Staff
Posts: 1951
News Credits: 295
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 2:52 am
Location: Pacific NW
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:43 am

Emerje wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:But I digress. After reading through a few threads here, I decide to have a brief glance at eBay once more, out of curiosity. For starters, the selection is virtually non-existent. Multiple people selling the same, lone character from any line that isn't either G1 or the most recent.

More importantly, the prices!?!
I know I've been out of the loop for a while, but when did eBay sellers become so extortionate?

This is what happens when a line transitions from something in the attic to a nostalgia goldmine. The line is 22 years old now ( :shock: ) and the target audience of the time (6 to 10 years) is now 28 to 32, out of college and well into the workforce with a disposable income and they're snapping up their childhood toys left and right driving up demand and prices. We see this happen incrementally over time with RID 2001 due to gain value soon so if there's anything there people are on the fence about buying they may want to buy them now.

Emerje


AKA Another example of how the Internet ruined everything. There was a time when you could go to a Boot/yard/garage Sale et al and buy a complete G1 Terrorcon for £1 from some old lady selling her son's old toys. She didn't know it's true value and merely wanted it gone. Everyone walked away happy.

The Golden Age... :(

As an aside, they had a MP Optimus Prime for close to £300 on eBay. Obviously those in the know can get it a lot cheaper but the sheer greed on display with such a price tag. I may be an avid TF fan but no toy is worth that alone.
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 881
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby william-james88 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:04 am

Ebay was pretty awesome in 2014/2015 with Lena around. Cloud Shockwave for 20-30$? Sure, why not.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 22875
News Credits: 2073
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:28 pm

So I just saw Combiner Wars Liokaiser boxset is on sale, half price, at £60. Good deal or not worth it?
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 881
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby william-james88 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:49 pm

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:So I just saw Combiner Wars Liokaiser boxset is on sale, half price, at £60. Good deal or not worth it?

Good deal
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 22875
News Credits: 2073
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:53 pm

william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:So I just saw Combiner Wars Liokaiser boxset is on sale, half price, at £60. Good deal or not worth it?

Good deal



Image

Thanks. I'll look into it.
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 881
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby nycPrime » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:00 pm

You would think living in a big city would mean more options for getting TFs, but it's totally not the case. Since TRU is going out of business and there are no Walmarts in NYC, that leaves Target. And Targets in my area don't get a lot of new stuff, so I'm stuck buying from online.

So what is up with the online distribution of POTP??? Why isn't Walmart selling anything online? HTS only has wave 1 but not leaders. I'm still hoping it gets more wave 2 voyagers. And target.com is worse than Target B&M. (I didn't mention the online toy stores like BBTS since they generally charge more for individual figures). I hope things pick up soon.
nycPrime
Headmaster
Posts: 1026
News Credits: 11
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:07 pm
Location: NYC
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby -Soundwave- » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:42 pm

Motto: ""It is not enough to win, you must maintain control.""
Weapon: High-Amplification Directional Radiowave Sensor
Rural Arizona aren't any better. I've got a two walmarts and a target, both in the closest city to me which have for the most part barren shelves. I've been either getting them on Amazon, or waiting till I go on trips to Los Vegas or Los Angeles to get anything.
Amalgamated Pretense Join the WAR! Be a HERO!
Image
User avatar
-Soundwave-
Gestalt
Posts: 2725
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Daraknus Decepticon Outpost.
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 2
Rank: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby Rogue-Primal » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:50 am

Motto: "Where do you want it Decepticon, a shot in the head... or the groin!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
For anyone watching out for Shelfwarmers or Pegwarming toys out there Transformers RID 2015 Legion Class Groundbuster has been available for 1/2 years and and he still sells badly, no one seems to want him. TLK Legion Class Hound also seems to sell badly.

Location Toys'R'us Iceland.
User avatar
Rogue-Primal
Minibot
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:09 pm
Location: Iceland
Alt Mode: Black Ford Mustang 2016 with twin white racing stripes.
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:50 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Rogue-Primal wrote:For anyone watching out for Shelfwarmers or Pegwarming toys out there Transformers RID 2015 Legion Class Groundbuster has been available for 1/2 years and and he still sells badly, no one seems to want him. TLK Legion Class Hound also seems to sell badly.

Location Toys'R'us Iceland.

I got really confused and then really excited, and then saw the location, and it made me sad.

Groundbuster sold like hot cakes here, he was here and gone, much like Fixit.

Legion Hound was never sighted here.

And then I saw Iceland, and everything clicked :lol:
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!! Don't make me Axe you again.Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Staff
Posts: 13876
News Credits: 1168
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby william-james88 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:04 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Rogue-Primal wrote:For anyone watching out for Shelfwarmers or Pegwarming toys out there Transformers RID 2015 Legion Class Groundbuster has been available for 1/2 years and and he still sells badly, no one seems to want him. TLK Legion Class Hound also seems to sell badly.

Location Toys'R'us Iceland.

I got really confused and then really excited, and then saw the location, and it made me sad.

Groundbuster sold like hot cakes here, he was here and gone, much like Fixit.

Legion Hound was never sighted here.

And then I saw Iceland, and everything clicked :lol:


Yes, it was weird for me too. And its the reverse in canada, Hound i selling fine but groundbuster was skipped... twice!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 22875
News Credits: 2073
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:46 am

I tend to gravitate towards Shelfwarmers though. I have both Transquito and Scavenger from Beast Wars. I never understood why either of these were so, they were fantastic and so detailed.

Likewise Armada Ultra Magnus was in-store for some time before I bought him.
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 881
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby Rainmaker » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:45 am

Motto: "Nobody can escape the rain"
Weapon: Acid Rainmaker Rifles
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Rogue-Primal wrote:For anyone watching out for Shelfwarmers or Pegwarming toys out there Transformers RID 2015 Legion Class Groundbuster has been available for 1/2 years and and he still sells badly, no one seems to want him. TLK Legion Class Hound also seems to sell badly.

Location Toys'R'us Iceland.

I got really confused and then really excited, and then saw the location, and it made me sad.

Groundbuster sold like hot cakes here, he was here and gone, much like Fixit.

Legion Hound was never sighted here.

And then I saw Iceland, and everything clicked :lol:


Yes, it was weird for me too. And its the reverse in canada, Hound i selling fine but groundbuster was skipped... twice!


Nobody wants Drift over here.

:MAXIMAL:
Put a space shuttle in a military team and nobody bats an eye, put a helicopter in a jet team and everyone goes insane
User avatar
Rainmaker
Brainmaster
Posts: 1284
News Credits: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:39 am
Location: Where your eyes can't go
Alt Mode: Acidmaker
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby -Soundwave- » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:22 am

Motto: ""It is not enough to win, you must maintain control.""
Weapon: High-Amplification Directional Radiowave Sensor
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:I tend to gravitate towards Shelfwarmers though. I have both Transquito and Scavenger from Beast Wars. I never understood why either of these were so, they were fantastic and so detailed.

Likewise Armada Ultra Magnus was in-store for some time before I bought him.

Sometimes I notice it is just the fact they aren't main characters. Or weren't in the popular Cartoon.
Amalgamated Pretense Join the WAR! Be a HERO!
Image
User avatar
-Soundwave-
Gestalt
Posts: 2725
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Daraknus Decepticon Outpost.
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 2
Rank: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby Emerje » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:23 am

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:I tend to gravitate towards Shelfwarmers though. I have both Transquito and Scavenger from Beast Wars. I never understood why either of these were so, they were fantastic and so detailed.

Likewise Armada Ultra Magnus was in-store for some time before I bought him.

You mean Energon Ultra Magnus? I'm guessing you aren't American? The figure is notorious in the US for being exceptionally limited and ultra rare at retail and quite literally made at the last minute by Hasbro to get something on the shelves. Hasbro would later unload what didn't make it into US stores on other countries where it did indeed shelfwarm. He usually goes for around $200 on eBay these days.

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
Faction Commander
Posts: 4105
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
Twincast / Podcast #211:
"On The Prowl"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

New Items on eBay

Buy "transformers generations windshear runaway heavytread insctructions" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Deluxe Bruticus Combiner from SDCC 2012" on EBAY
Buy "Black Friday Transformers Generations Combiner Wars G2 BRUTICUS Gift Set MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Black Friday Transformers Generations Combiner Wars G2 BRUTICUS Gift Set MIB" on EBAY
Buy "BRAND NEW!!!**Transformers Construct-Bots Optimus Prime/ megatron  135 total pcs" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Hound Age of Extinction Voyager Figure loose" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS BRUTICUS 6 FIGURE COMBINER WARS BOXED SET NEW SHOCKWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G07 Bakudora" on EBAY