Bumblebee to Appear in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Sort Of

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Bumblebee to Appear in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Sort Of

Postby Va'al » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:46 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
While not really a piece of news on the new Paramount Transformers movies, fellow Seibertronian and voice actor jON3.0 has pointed us towards an intriguing crossover robot cameo in another franchise which Michael Bay has had some influence over: according to several Instagram users who were present on set in NY for a scene in the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2, a small, homemade transforming Bumblebee costume shows up to high-five Michelangelo during a Halloween parade. Check out the reports below, via ComicBook.com.

Several days ago, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 was filming a Halloween parade in New York City. During the scene, a person dressed as a yellow vehicle rolls up on Michelangelo (played by Noel Fisher) and then transforms into Bumblebee.


Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Proud to be part of.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 16866
News Credits: 5899
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Bumblebee to Appear in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Sort Of

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:39 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Cute. :)
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean any offense to anyone. I'm just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Movieverse ('Bayformers' are my fave Transformers), Marvel UK G1, most Marvel US G1, 1986 animated movie (more for style & soundtrack rather than Star Wars-rip off plot).
Dislikes: TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron.
User avatar
Carnivius_Prime
Gestalt
Posts: 2983
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:35 am
Location: Cambridgeshire, England

Re: Bumblebee to Appear in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Sort Of

Postby Noideaforaname » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:06 am

Well, so much for that fun surprise cameo...
*wow that came off unusually bitter, not like I was actually going to watch this movie or even remember this news piece by then anyways*
Image
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
User avatar
Noideaforaname
City Commander
Posts: 3282
News Credits: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm
Location: South Jersey

Re: Bumblebee to Appear in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Sort Of

Postby dragons » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:59 am

i look forward to this remake sequel it shows more turtle persnoality compared original trilgy did not show glad to see fan make it in big movie should be intersting this plays out in moive
Image
dragons
Gestalt
Posts: 2928
News Credits: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:28 pm

Re: Bumblebee to Appear in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Sort Of

Postby CrankyOldTruck » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:31 am

Motto: ""Experience,lad... you should learn to appreciate it!""
Weapon: Old-Style Musket Laser
I'm sure we'll get plenty of feedback from folks on here being complete jerks ragging on Bay and on the remake Turtles franchise. How about, just for once, we actually get some positive support for a TF fan who put an incredible amount of thought and effort into constructing that costume and got some big time recognition for it? We've all seen pics and video clips from conventions and such where fans have put a lot of time and imagination into their costumes and now we have one that has made it to the big screen. This says a lot for the person who managed to get Bays attention with this costume and I think it's insanely cool that they get even the briefest of cameos in a movie like this.
I invite any haters to take your negativity and derision and stuff it up your exhaust ports and focus on what is really important in these articles and give some positive credit where its due. Yeah, you're entitled to an opinion but when all you do is bash on stuff you really do a disservice to our news staff and to the people who are the focus of these articles and just prove to the rest of us how small minded you really are. This fan deserves some major credit and I'm darn happy to see this small nod to the TF franchise, and the efforts of this individual, show up in some other film. It really is quite an honor for this person. :APPLAUSE:
I'm a cigar chomping, Energon guzzling, crotchety old bot that's tough as nails, two days older than dirt, can out grouch Ironhide, out-complain Huffer, leave Bluestreak speechless with a single glare and make Grimlock back down in a stare-off. If you're nice, and extremely lucky, I may only tell you to go blow it out your exhaust pipe!
CrankyOldTruck
Minibot
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:57 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: Bumblebee to Appear in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Sort Of

Postby Rated X » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:08 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I saw this on TFW last night and was praying the seibertron news staff would think this was too stupid to consider "news". Sadly I was wrong. Im gonna tattoo bumblebee on my a** and send a picture to the news crew and see if they post it... :BANG_HEAD:
Rated X
Banned
Posts: 8420
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Bumblebee to Appear in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Sort Of

Postby Va'al » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:41 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Please read the post above yours, and preferably refrain from insulting the news staff. Thank you.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Proud to be part of.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 16866
News Credits: 5899
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Bumblebee to Appear in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Sort Of

Postby No One » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:51 am

I lOVED TMNT!!! This however is a Humvee costume people.
No One
Vehicon
Posts: 359
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:21 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Bumblebee to Appear in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Sort Of

Postby Va'al » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:54 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
MR Optimus Prime wrote:I lOVED TMNT!!! This however is a Humvee costume people.


Yes, of a fan who found a way to make their own transformable costume referencing Bumblebee.
As the title for the post says - Sort Of. :D
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Proud to be part of.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 16866
News Credits: 5899
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Bumblebee to Appear in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Sort Of

Postby ScottyP » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:32 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
I enjoyed this little article/post and wouldn't have seen it normally were it not a quick front page thing here on a slow Sunday. That is all :)
User avatar
ScottyP
Faction Commander
Posts: 4568
News Credits: 176
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Bumblebee to Appear in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Sort Of

Postby Bumblevivisector » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:31 pm

Now, if David Wise cameos immediately afterward in a homemade Battletoad costume, I might actually go see this.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
Posts: 1502
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:29 am

Re: Bumblebee to Appear in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Sort Of

Postby hinomars19 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:10 pm

Motto: "never forget what you don't know"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
CrankyOldTruck wrote:I'm sure we'll get plenty of feedback from folks on here being complete jerks ragging on Bay and on the remake Turtles franchise. How about, just for once, we actually get some positive support for a TF fan who put an incredible amount of thought and effort into constructing that costume and got some big time recognition for it? We've all seen pics and video clips from conventions and such where fans have put a lot of time and imagination into their costumes and now we have one that has made it to the big screen. This says a lot for the person who managed to get Bays attention with this costume and I think it's insanely cool that they get even the briefest of cameos in a movie like this.
I invite any haters to take your negativity and derision and stuff it up your exhaust ports and focus on what is really important in these articles and give some positive credit where its due. Yeah, you're entitled to an opinion but when all you do is bash on stuff you really do a disservice to our news staff and to the people who are the focus of these articles and just prove to the rest of us how small minded you really are. This fan deserves some major credit and I'm darn happy to see this small nod to the TF franchise, and the efforts of this individual, show up in some other film. It really is quite an honor for this person. :APPLAUSE:


Mate, if it wasn't for your comment I wouldn't know this was a talented, creative fan who got lucky and deserves praise, since nothing I can see on the subject is spinning it as anything more than a marketing stunt or some great 'easter egg for the fans'
Which is a crying shame considering how right you are.
User avatar
hinomars19
Targetmaster
Posts: 600
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 4:03 am
Location: England
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 1
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Re: Bumblebee to Appear in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Sort Of

Postby No One » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:45 pm

Va'al wrote:
MR Optimus Prime wrote:I lOVED TMNT!!! This however is a Humvee costume people.


Yes, of a fan who found a way to make their own transformable costume referencing Bumblebee.
As the title for the post says - Sort Of. :D


Great first movie, great costume, but no, not sort of. No one should be officially implying Bumblebee is being referenced in this movie. If a kid walks by in a Spiderman costume for halloween in a movie it doesn't mean Spiderman in being referenced in the movie.
No One
Vehicon
Posts: 359
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:21 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Bumblebee to Appear in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Sort Of

Postby Burn » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:50 pm

MR Optimus Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:
MR Optimus Prime wrote:I lOVED TMNT!!! This however is a Humvee costume people.


Yes, of a fan who found a way to make their own transformable costume referencing Bumblebee.
As the title for the post says - Sort Of. :D


Great first movie, great costume, but no, not sort of. No one should be officially implying Bumblebee is being referenced in this movie. If a kid walks by in a Spiderman costume for halloween in a movie it doesn't mean Spiderman in being referenced in the movie.

If a kid walks by in a Spider-Man outfit then yes, Spider-Man is being referenced.

This may be a Humvee, but the colour and face is distinctly referencing Bumblebee.

So very much "sort of". You can pretty much guarantee that a lot of kids will watch that scene and go "BUMBLEBEE!"
Image
"Three blokes doing random crap and taking the mickey out of anyone and everyone"

carytheone wrote:It's kangaroo pinching time :-x
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 26500
News Credits: 81
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Bumblebee to Appear in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Sort Of

Postby Bumblevivisector » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:22 pm

Just now noticed the giant eyeball helmets...are The Residents going to be on the soundtrack? That'd be an upgrade from the first TMNT2.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
Posts: 1502
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:29 am

Re: Bumblebee to Appear in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Sort Of

Postby Rated X » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:24 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Va'al wrote:Please read the post above yours, and preferably refrain from insulting the news staff. Thank you.

My apoligies Va'al. I didnt mean to come off sounding so offensive. I kinda feel every time a fan does something crazy to get attention on camera doesnt necessarily mean its news. But dont let my opinion stop you from doing what you do here. You report a lot of stuff I do care about and I appreciate that. Im going to chill out with the sarcasm. My apologies again.
Rated X
Banned
Posts: 8420
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Bumblebee to Appear in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Sort Of

Postby Va'al » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:34 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Rated X wrote:
Va'al wrote:Please read the post above yours, and preferably refrain from insulting the news staff. Thank you.

My apoligies Va'al. I didnt mean to come off sounding so offensive. I kinda feel every time a fan does something crazy to get attention on camera doesnt necessarily mean its news. But dont let my opinion stop you from doing what you do here. You report a lot of stuff I do care about and I appreciate that. Im going to chill out with the sarcasm. My apologies again.


Thank you. :)

It's not news (as I mentioned in the post), you're right, but anything vaguely Transformers related that can link to actual news, any potential rumour, any possible discussion starter - that's what slow news days are for.

(And we got multiple reports on this particular piece, so there was definite interest in parts of the fandom!)
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Proud to be part of.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 16866
News Credits: 5899
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Bumblebee to Appear in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Sort Of

Postby Flashwave » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:59 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
The guy definately doesn't look like he's "inching" along, is that forearm axle powered? You can do qite a bit with micro-motors nowadays
Image
User avatar
Flashwave
Gestalt
Posts: 2821
News Credits: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #207 - Through The Fargate
Twincast / Podcast #207:
"Through The Fargate"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 9th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "Transformers Movie DOTM Deluxe Class Nitro Bumblebee MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Grand Slam Right Left Gun Set Laser G1 Transformers Original Part Weapon" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 POWERMASTER DOUBLEDEALER SKAR BAT 1988 HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Dark of the Moon CV13 Megatron & BLASTWAVE WEAPONS BASE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Japanese Universe Ultra Figure Onslaught (G1 Colors)" on EBAY
Buy "Japanese Transformers Animated - TA32 Wreck-Gar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Japan - TG33 Armada Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon DOTM Deluxe Class Armor Topspin NASCAR MOSC" on EBAY