Takara Legends Manga Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Randomhero » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:07 am

primalxconvoy wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:Why don't we just stop newsing the comics? Obviously this site isn't mature enough to handle them based on both the news staff refusing to post two of the comics and a particular user throwing a **** fit every time they're posted.

Just take it off the front page so no one gets their precious feelings hurt, and let us who actually enjoy the comics and want to discuss them do so in peace here.


For the record, Val decided not to news the Octone comic which was by far the closest to softcore porn. We Don't want to deny fans official transformers material as long as it is within the bounds of the site.

Also, most of these toys did see retail release at the both toys r us and bic camera.


Ahh, I see. That means that kids under 15 CAN buy these, and get exposed to the contents of these comics. I just checked the Octane comic and although it doesn't feature the usual underaged girls, I DOES feature female Transformers in sexual poses, and with imagery that suggests sexual acts or functions (liquids dripping from groin areas, etc). Basically, it's not suitable for kids.

I still think it's a good idea to censor rather than restrict this content. That way, people get to see the content, but if they really want it uncensored, they are welcome to pay for the toys and comics themselves.

Also, for the record, it's not just me that's voiced concern over these comics, either.



But youre the one who continues to push it more and more and the reason a page or two got deleted at TFW and the mods threatened to lock the thread entirely

All for silly drawings and hurt feelings instead of just being an adult and saying “I have problems with these comics so I’m gonna be a functional adult and choose to not click and partake in a problem I personally see”
Randomhero
Godmaster
Posts: 1760
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby primalxconvoy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:11 am

steals_your_goats wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:Why don't we just stop newsing the comics? Obviously this site isn't mature enough to handle them based on both the news staff refusing to post two of the comics and a particular user throwing a **** fit every time they're posted.

Just take it off the front page so no one gets their precious feelings hurt, and let us who actually enjoy the comics and want to discuss them do so in peace here.


For the record, Val decided not to news the Octone comic which was by far the closest to softcore porn. We Don't want to deny fans official transformers material as long as it is within the bounds of the site.

Also, most of these toys did see retail release at the both toys r us and bic camera.

I get it. I do. But if it's too bad to news then at least post a link in the forum with an NSFW tag so those who want to see it can see it.



That's been suggested. However, Seibertron has been pretty good with this subject. They were the first site, I think, to separate the toy and comics discussion (to keep discussions on topic), and have enacted due diligence with what content they feel is appropriate or not.

However, even if the comic discussion isn't "Newsed", there is every chance that those who are opposed to the comics will still voice their views at that thread (as is their right). It wouldn't be a "Sakamoto Fan Boys" thread, but rather, a thread for any relevant views, news or ideas regarding those comics.

Btw, did anyone notice that the Bumblebee comic had NO NAUGHTY PICTURES WHATSOEVER? Or did I miss something?
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 550
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby primalxconvoy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:14 am

william-james88 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:Why don't we just stop newsing the comics? Obviously this site isn't mature enough to handle them based on both the news staff refusing to post two of the comics and a particular user throwing a **** fit every time they're posted.

Just take it off the front page so no one gets their precious feelings hurt, and let us who actually enjoy the comics and want to discuss them do so in peace here.


For the record, Val actually did not news the Octone comic which was by far the closest to softcore porn (click here to get to the specific panels). We don't want to deny fans official transformers material as long as it is within the bounds of the site.

Also, most of these toys did see retail release at either toys r us, bic camera and Japanese Electronics shop Yamada Denki (among others).

Takara has never ever said that these toys were for adults, and any quote they did give us said that they were these toys for children and that children was still their target demographic (they are a toy company, selling these in toy stores, this should be obvious).

If someone can find a quote from takara saying this is not the case and these are for adults only, please let us know, this would be significant news. So far it is just an unfounded notion fans started and Takara not making any changes to Trypticon, most of the TLK line and their entire Power of the Primes output means they have been and will be selling the exact same toys as Hasbro, which are undeniably kids toys aimed at kids.


The toy boxes and the website state that the current Legends toys are for sale to customers and 15 or over. Thus, they are not AIMED at customers under 15 years old. That doesn't mean that these toys cannot be sold to children under 15 though.
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 550
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:24 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
primalxconvoy wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:Why don't we just stop newsing the comics? Obviously this site isn't mature enough to handle them based on both the news staff refusing to post two of the comics and a particular user throwing a **** fit every time they're posted.

Just take it off the front page so no one gets their precious feelings hurt, and let us who actually enjoy the comics and want to discuss them do so in peace here.


For the record, Val decided not to news the Octone comic which was by far the closest to softcore porn. We Don't want to deny fans official transformers material as long as it is within the bounds of the site.

Also, most of these toys did see retail release at the both toys r us and bic camera.

I get it. I do. But if it's too bad to news then at least post a link in the forum with an NSFW tag so those who want to see it can see it.



That's been suggested. However, Seibertron has been pretty good with this subject. They were the first site, I think, to separate the toy and comics discussion (to keep discussions on topic), and have enacted due diligence with what content they feel is appropriate or not.

However, even if the comic discussion isn't "Newsed", there is every chance that those who are opposed to the comics will still voice their views at that thread (as is their right). It wouldn't be a "Sakamoto Fan Boys" thread, but rather, a thread for any relevant views, news or ideas regarding those comics.

Btw, did anyone notice that the Bumblebee comic had NO NAUGHTY PICTURES WHATSOEVER? Or did I miss something?

I find it absolutely incredible that you're so unaware that you are the reason for all of this. You are the one who continues to derail threads until you get what you want. You are the reason that the threads are separate. And even though you keep getting everything you want it's never enough. You just keep coming in and running things for everyone else because it offends you personally. I honestly don't think you'll be happy until the comics are completely banned from this site.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Brainmaster
Posts: 1384
News Credits: 12
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 8:10 pm
Location: Buffalo, New York
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Randomhero » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:41 am

steals_your_goats wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:Why don't we just stop newsing the comics? Obviously this site isn't mature enough to handle them based on both the news staff refusing to post two of the comics and a particular user throwing a **** fit every time they're posted.

Just take it off the front page so no one gets their precious feelings hurt, and let us who actually enjoy the comics and want to discuss them do so in peace here.


For the record, Val decided not to news the Octone comic which was by far the closest to softcore porn. We Don't want to deny fans official transformers material as long as it is within the bounds of the site.

Also, most of these toys did see retail release at the both toys r us and bic camera.

I get it. I do. But if it's too bad to news then at least post a link in the forum with an NSFW tag so those who want to see it can see it.



That's been suggested. However, Seibertron has been pretty good with this subject. They were the first site, I think, to separate the toy and comics discussion (to keep discussions on topic), and have enacted due diligence with what content they feel is appropriate or not.

However, even if the comic discussion isn't "Newsed", there is every chance that those who are opposed to the comics will still voice their views at that thread (as is their right). It wouldn't be a "Sakamoto Fan Boys" thread, but rather, a thread for any relevant views, news or ideas regarding those comics.

Btw, did anyone notice that the Bumblebee comic had NO NAUGHTY PICTURES WHATSOEVER? Or did I miss something?

I find it absolutely incredible that you're so unaware that you are the reason for all of this. You are the one who continues to derail threads until you get what you want. You are the reason that the threads are separate. And even though you keep getting everything you want it's never enough. You just keep coming in and running things for everyone else because it offends you personally. I honestly don't think you'll be happy until the comics are completely banned from this site.


Sadly Legends only has 6 more months than to find something else be upset over
Randomhero
Godmaster
Posts: 1760
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:05 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
In an attempt to get this thread back on track, I wonder if anything is going to happen with Grotusque. Unless I missed something he's the only one who didn't get an explanation in the Doublecross prelude comic for what happened on planet beast.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Brainmaster
Posts: 1384
News Credits: 12
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 8:10 pm
Location: Buffalo, New York
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Cobotron » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:22 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Black Hat wrote:Oh god not you again.


Easy hat. Like your own, opinions on the subject at hand are welcome and tolerated.
However, opinions on fellow users are a different matter. Please proceed with objective diligence.
Thanks.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Image
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
User avatar
Cobotron
Site Moderator
Posts: 8259
News Credits: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:53 am
Location: High Plains Drifter
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Black Hat » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:27 am

Motto: "Destroy, Devour, Desolate!"
Weapon: Chomping Rotor Blades
Cobotron wrote:
Black Hat wrote:Oh god not you again.


Easy hat. Like your own, opinions on the subject at hand are welcome and tolerated.
However, opinions on fellow users are a different matter. Please proceed with objective diligence.
Thanks.

I'm sorry, I was out of line. I'm just getting a bit tired of a certain user constantly making the same arguments over and over again, in a thread that was created solely to avoid his tantrums.
User avatar
Black Hat
Faction Commander
Posts: 4070
News Credits: 6
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Location: 199X
Alt Mode: Swarm of Locusts
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: N/A
Courage: ???
Firepower: N/A
Skill: 1

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Cobotron » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:45 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Black Hat wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Black Hat wrote:Oh god not you again.


Easy hat. Like your own, opinions on the subject at hand are welcome and tolerated.
However, opinions on fellow users are a different matter. Please proceed with objective diligence.
Thanks.

I'm sorry, I was out of line. I'm just getting a bit tired of a certain user constantly making the same arguments over and over again, in a thread that was created solely to avoid his tantrums.

I'm getting tired of the entire thing. The thread was created to contain everyone's tantrums on this topic.

The debate is welcome as long as it's conducted in a civilized manner that doesn't turn to personal attacks on anyone who chooses to participate.

Your apology is appreciated Hat. :D
Carry on!
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Image
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
User avatar
Cobotron
Site Moderator
Posts: 8259
News Credits: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:53 am
Location: High Plains Drifter
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:51 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
steals_your_goats wrote:In an attempt to get this thread back on track, I wonder if anything is going to happen with Grotusque. Unless I missed something he's the only one who didn't get an explanation in the Doublecross prelude comic for what happened on planet beast.


Platinum Tiger (known as Saber Sword Tiger in the US) did get the spot light in the last few panels, and he was the basis for Fengul:

Image

Series 2 with #50 Saber Sword Tiger (Platinum Tiger) courtesy of the Super Toy Archive

If White Leo (Pirate Lion) is any indication, he'll be used for a future Grotusque release, though I have hunch he'll be an EX release outside of the regular line.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

If anyone has spare RiD Mini-Con armor pieces for Glacius and Beastbox, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 19648
News Credits: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby william-james88 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:21 pm

primalxconvoy wrote:The toy boxes and the website state that the current Legends toys are for sale to customers and 15 or over. Thus, they are not AIMED at customers under 15 years old. That doesn't mean that these toys cannot be sold to children under 15 though.

Interesting stuff. I was looking on the boxes (like the one below) and couldnt find the age group. Is it written in letters or numbers, do you have an example?

Image
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 20208
News Credits: 824
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:31 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
william-james88 wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:The toy boxes and the website state that the current Legends toys are for sale to customers and 15 or over. Thus, they are not AIMED at customers under 15 years old. That doesn't mean that these toys cannot be sold to children under 15 though.

Interesting stuff. I was looking on the boxes (like the one below) and couldnt find the age group. Is it written in letters or numbers, do you have an example?

Image

I can't read Japanese but I'm pretty sure it's on the bottom of the package in a black box in the upper right corner
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Brainmaster
Posts: 1384
News Credits: 12
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 8:10 pm
Location: Buffalo, New York
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby primalxconvoy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:17 pm

steals_your_goats wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:The toy boxes and the website state that the current Legends toys are for sale to customers and 15 or over. Thus, they are not AIMED at customers under 15 years old. That doesn't mean that these toys cannot be sold to children under 15 though.

Interesting stuff. I was looking on the boxes (like the one below) and couldnt find the age group. Is it written in letters or numbers, do you have an example?

Image

I can't read Japanese but I'm pretty sure it's on the bottom of the package in a black box in the upper right corner


Image

Here you can see the bottom of the boxes for Bumblebee and (Slugslinger?) The top-right hand corner of each box shows the RECOMMENDED age for these figures. I cannot verify if these toys have to be legally suitable for the "regular" toy age range (3/5 and up?), but I assume they are, as I believe (but don't know) that children can buy these from Toys R Us, etc without adult supervision. However, I'm fairly sure kids can buy certain types of fireworks and BB guns in such a way, too, in Japan (although I cannot verify it).

Also included are two screenshots from the official Takara Tomy site, where you can see the recommended ages for two TFs (Legends Bumblebee and TLK Grimlock). Scary, filmverse Grimlock is recommended for ages 5+, whereas cute Bumblebee is recommended for ages 15+

(Source: - TLK Grimlock - http://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/products-lineup/tf_tc/tc-04

- Legends Bumblebee - http://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/products-lineup/tf_lg/lg54 )
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 550
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Burn » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:36 pm

Hey guys! Bit of advice, if you're getting shitted off with a member constantly harping on about something, use your "Foe" list. That way, you only see their posts if someone else quotes them.

It's **** brilliant. You won't see that particular member, and you'll be able to engage in the discussion without having them constantly shoving their opinion down your throat.

It's also the easiest option, after all, some people seem intent to shove their morally righteous opinions rather than shutting up and moving on. Why people continue to read stuff they know they don't like is beyond me ...
Image
I'll be ignoring Burn's comments from now on
he's just being an @$$hol€!
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 45026
News Credits: 118
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:53 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
More summaries from the Wiki.

LG55 Slugslinger:
Shaoshao Li is surprised to be met with Spike Witwicky in the Legends World, and more so when the chairman (after telling her to dismiss any silly rumors about him being an impostor) informs her that all Transformers in this dimension will cease functioning the next day. Indeed, that day Slugslinger reveals that he has reacquired Caliburst, whose mutant ability to fire anti-electrons renders all other Transformers unconscious and frothing at the mouth. Even his fellow Targetmasters Triggerhappy and Misfire aren't spared, as Slugslinger takes the opportunity to steal Blowpipe and Aimless from them, showing no remorse for his betrayal and instead bragging that shooting people in the back is what he loves the most. Merging with a transtector rewarded to him by "Spike" for his services, Slugslinger then combines the three Targetmaster partners into a massive plasma energy gun so infused with the deadly energy that he dubs it the "Plasma Energy Chamber".

As the plasma energy emissions begin slowly disintegrating the unconscious Transformers, Shaoshao demands to know why Spike is working with a Decepticon, and he claims the Transformers must be destroyed as they're an obstacle that prevents galactic peace from ever being achieved. He notes that that Shaoshao should understand, having once hated them too, but she's moved on since then and doesn't hesitate for a second to transform into her Targetmaster suit and save Hot Rod. She is joined by fellow Targetmasters Sue, who fights for Kup, and White Lune, who now works with Blurr and fights for him too. Together, the three of them all take on Slugslinger, but he destroys their suits with a plasma energy burst. However, the energy doesn't affect the organics within, who slip past his defenses and successfully separate his head from his body and break apart the Plasma Energy Chamber. The Decepticon himself is knocked out by Caliburst's anti-electrons in the confusion, allowing Shaoshao and Hot Rod to capture and imprison him. Afterwards, Hot Rod wonders if Shaoshao is alright with defying Spike and being branded a traitor by the Galactic Peace Alliance, only for her to tell him to take the blame.

LG56 Perceptor:
Having heard that the Legends World was created by the Zamojin, Perceptor travels to the dimension in search of his old friend, Katsu Don, whom he's lost touch with and worries about. Highbrow looks forward to investigating the dimension's mysteries together with his fellow scientist, though Perceptor's first duty is to fix up Ramhorn, injured in battle to the point where his cassette mode is beyond repair. Perceptor replaces it with a new tank mode, and while Ramhorn hates it, the scientist insists that he made the right choice giving him a more mobile altmode is better. The group is then interrupted by none other than Katsu Don, who says he's here to "take back Nijika" before tearing Perceptor's head off and running off with it. Highbrow and Perceptor's colleague Minerva are ready to make chase, but Ramhorn warns them that the Zamojin are strong and that they should bring some extra firepower in the form of Perceptor's body.

Katsu Don brings Perceptor to the headless new body of Nijika, damaged in a previous battle, and, having recalled that Perceptor's parts are compatible with hers, attaches the panicking scientist's head to it. The process is interrupted by the other Autobots, who have reconfigured Perceptor's body into its rarely seen tank mode, and a combined barrage from both it and Ramhorn distracts Katsu Don long enough for Perceptor to remove his head from Nijika. He returns it to his original body and takes aim at Katsu Don using Ramhorn's third mode, a handheld weapon, and the Zamojin retreats, swearing he will fulfill his dream of creating a full-scale Nijika someday. Admitting that he wasn't actually going to open fire on his old friend, Perceptor hopes that Katsu Don will someday, on a night of falling stars, find the right path again.

After returning to Axalon, Perceptor figures that since his head was already separated, he might as well convert it into a small robot and live a comfortable, human-sized life. Unfortunately, this makes it less comfortable for him to use his microscope mode, as he now has to stand on Minerva's head just to look into the lens.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29081
News Credits: 228
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby primalxconvoy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:07 am

Burn wrote:Hey guys! Bit of advice, if you're getting shitted off with a member constantly harping on about something, use your "Foe" list. That way, you only see their posts if someone else quotes them.

It's **** brilliant. You won't see that particular member, and you'll be able to engage in the discussion without having them constantly shoving their opinion down your throat.

It's also the easiest option, after all, some people seem intent to shove their morally righteous opinions rather than shutting up and moving on. Why people continue to read stuff they know they don't like is beyond me ...


I agree. It's also good to avoid using, or reading potentially abusive language contained in posts, especially when such language could be better substituted with mature or ambiguous vocabulary instead.

It's also a good idea to refrain from stating that you've ignored them, as it defeats the purpose of ignoring them (if only Facebook were so easy in that way).
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 550
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Burn » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:29 am

primalxconvoy wrote:
Burn wrote:Hey guys! Bit of advice, if you're getting shitted off with a member constantly harping on about something, use your "Foe" list. That way, you only see their posts if someone else quotes them.

It's **** brilliant. You won't see that particular member, and you'll be able to engage in the discussion without having them constantly shoving their opinion down your throat.

It's also the easiest option, after all, some people seem intent to shove their morally righteous opinions rather than shutting up and moving on. Why people continue to read stuff they know they don't like is beyond me ...


I agree. It's also good to avoid using, or reading potentially abusive language contained in posts, especially when such language could be better substituted with mature or ambiguous vocabulary instead.

It's also a good idea to refrain from stating that you've ignored them, as it defeats the purpose of ignoring them (if only Facebook were so easy in that way).


See, I posted what I did in an attempt to defuse situations that were driving this thread off-topic.

You, just drove it off-topic. Please butt out when staff are doing their jobs. Go read the rules, you'll see we don't like such things.

Cheers.
Image
I'll be ignoring Burn's comments from now on
he's just being an @$$hol€!
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 45026
News Credits: 118
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby primalxconvoy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:22 am

Burn wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
Burn wrote:Hey guys! Bit of advice, if you're getting shitted off with a member constantly harping on about something, use your "Foe" list. That way, you only see their posts if someone else quotes them.

It's **** brilliant. You won't see that particular member, and you'll be able to engage in the discussion without having them constantly shoving their opinion down your throat.

It's also the easiest option, after all, some people seem intent to shove their morally righteous opinions rather than shutting up and moving on. Why people continue to read stuff they know they don't like is beyond me ...


I agree. It's also good to avoid using, or reading potentially abusive language contained in posts, especially when such language could be better substituted with mature or ambiguous vocabulary instead.

It's also a good idea to refrain from stating that you've ignored them, as it defeats the purpose of ignoring them (if only Facebook were so easy in that way).


See, I posted what I did in an attempt to defuse situations that were driving this thread off-topic.

You, just drove it off-topic. Please butt out when staff are doing their jobs. Go read the rules, you'll see we don't like such things.

Cheers.


Burn, you wrote:

"... some people seem intent to shove their morally righteous opinions rather than shutting up and moving on..."


Whoever that was about, regardless if which side of any discussion that was in, seemed unhelpful and certainly not appropriate from a mod or admin. It might even be itself against the rules, right?

Simply stating that users have the option of ignoring others was enough. I expected more concise and neutral language from you, that's all, especially if your intent was to "defuse" rather than "incite" others (like myself).

However, I do appreciate your input about adding others to an ignore list. It's really a very useful tool. I should use it more.

If you wish to continue this discussion via PM, I'm more than happy to do so.
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 550
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Burn » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:06 am

You're really determined to have the final say and drive things off-topic aren't you?

I'm sure you can guess how that's going to end. It was a note for folks, it wasn't up for discussion ...
Image
I'll be ignoring Burn's comments from now on
he's just being an @$$hol€!
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 45026
News Credits: 118
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby primalxconvoy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:06 am

Burn wrote:You're really determined to have the final say and drive things off-topic aren't you?

I'm sure you can guess how that's going to end. It was a note for folks, it wasn't up for discussion ...


Anyway, moving on from this, what do other people think about the Bumblebee comic? It doesn't seem to have anything "adult" in it, right? Why would that be? Is it the most recent/last of the current Legends wave? Perhaps it's a sign of things to come?
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 550
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby william-james88 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:58 pm

I wanted to thank Cyberpath and primalxconvoy for showing me where I could see the age on the boxes. I would not have guessed it at all, especially since I see different numbers on the takara boxes I do own with 0 consistency.

Which leads me to my next point. Ok, so yes, the toys with these comics have the "proper" age group but it still doesnt make a lick of sense.

All the movie toys have a 5+ age group and yet Unite Warriors has 15+ ?!?!?!?! Its clearly not about complexity. I am noticing that anything remotely backed by a current day media ends up being 5+ while anything that is inspired by older media to be 15+. Its not really linked to the toys in and of themselves but seems more like an attempt to show which age groups would appreciate the characters represented in the toys. Which I personally find is dumb. Like for instance, Skullcruncher is not too hard a toy to transform and just as was the case with at least 2 beast wars toys, a transforming crocodile can easily be appreciated by kids without needing to appear in a show they are currently watching.
And yet, while Hasbro has it at 8+, Takara puts the 15+ on their version which is really not all that different aside from the face. So its as if the marketting department feels this would only appeal to fans. Which doesnt help to give these toys to new generations for them to enjoy.

I am now rereading an interview with Hisashi Yuki with this in mind and yes, I can now definitely admit that there has been a change in direction since the Legends line began showing that anything based on G1 (Legends, Unite Warriors, MP and Encore) are targetted to collectors alone.

But still, its not to say that the takara toys in general are aimed at collectors, explaining the higher amount of paint, since we still have stuff like this:https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-the-last-knight-takara-turbo-changers-coming-in-february-2018/40380/

It just means that anything G1 related will be marketted at collectors, regardless of the quality or paintjob or how different/similar it is to the Hasbro version. None of that is really related, the only thing that determines who they market the toys towards is based on the fiction it is representing.

Intersting, but still doesnt make much sense to me as a business perspective.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 20208
News Credits: 824
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby primalxconvoy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:00 pm

I would guess that, with the shrinking birth date, plus the lack of popularity of Transformers (compared to other brands in Japan, like Sentai Ranger, Masked Rider, Gundam, etc), plus perhaps rise in online shopping eating into toy shop costs, then Takara has taken these measures to counter these.

However, even if it's true, I don't believe most TF collectors are really interested in smut in their pack in comics. They buy the toys because of the toys. Sikomofo just has more leeway to draw infantile pictures because it's probably NOT being looked at by most people in Japan. Also, like I said, I think be there age given for the toys is only a suggestion, and not a legal system, such as "Ages 3+" used in the UK/US, etc.

What would be interesting is to see the actual legal age limit that these toys can be sold to.
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 550
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:30 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
ANYWAY...

So, White Lune is now the Targetmaster partner of Blurr, evil impostor Spike is still at large (and his true identity still unknown), the Plasma Energy Chamber is (or was) now a thing in Japanese continuity prior to Beast Machines, Nijika's headless body is a repurposing of the Hasbro Titans Return Windblade body, and the Minerva seen in Perceptor's comic is indeed the fully robotic Minerva Transtector who was granted a life of her own at the end of the Masterforce cartoon and whom would go on to become a colleague of Perceptor (and Wheeljack) in the Victory cartoon.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29081
News Credits: 228
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby primalxconvoy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:02 am

It's crazy! These comics cause now headaches than the questions they answer!
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 550
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby fenrir72 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:19 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:ANYWAY...

So, White Lune is now the Targetmaster partner of Blurr, evil impostor Spike is still at large (and his true identity still unknown), the Plasma Energy Chamber is (or was) now a thing in Japanese continuity prior to Beast Machines, Nijika's headless body is a repurposing of the Hasbro Titans Return Windblade body, and the Minerva seen in Perceptor's comic is indeed the fully robotic Minerva Transtector who was granted a life of her own at the end of the Masterforce cartoon and whom would go on to become a colleague of Perceptor (and Wheeljack) in the Victory cartoon.


Given the overlapping plots and retconning, I doubt it anyone younger than 15 years will be able to appreciate Sakamoto's stories.

So bring it on Sakamoto! More Plasma Chamber "Rebirth" storylines! Flesh always overcomes mecha!As seen in Masterforce!
Buy Official Hb/TakaraTitancityformers at retail price or else the 3rd party makers win!

"Shelfwarming"
Btw, its been nearly a year now and TR Soundwave and Blaster aren't moving in the shelve of TRU, is that shelfwarming or what?


_ _ _ _ . ._ _ . ._. ...._ _ _. _ _ _._. ._. .. _ . . . ._ . _ . _ _ _ _ . ..... . _ ..._. . . . _ _ . _ . . _. ._ _ _ _ _ _ _ . _ _ _ _._ _ . . ._..._.. . . ._ _ _ . _ _ _ _ ._ _ _ . . . . _ _ _ .. _ _ _.. _ - _ __ _ _ _. .
User avatar
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10169
News Credits: 60
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:37 am
Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Strongarm Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 61%
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
You save: 34%
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 29%
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
You save: 28%
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
You save: 22%
Buy "Playskool Mr. Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Starscream Robot, 2-Inch" on AMAZON
You save: 20%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #192 - Transformers vs. Impropriety
Twincast / Podcast #192:
"Transformers vs. Impropriety"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, January 14th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon