The Transformers IDWverse - A Chronology

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Transformers IDWverse - A Chronology

Postby ScottyP » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:20 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:When it comes to TPBs, what order do I read LL volume 4, OP volume 5, and the Unicron TPB in?

This is tough. The unicron trade really goes from issue to the next, as if nothing else needs to be read, while the Optimus Story does not. It expects you to have read certain issues of the Unicron story in between and also takes place at the same time of some of the Unicron stuff (like paralel). You will have to read part of the trades.

And Lost Light is not related to the unicron story at all.

It's not perfect, but this is what I suggest:

Optimus Prime Annual 2018

Optimus Prime 22

Unicron 0

Unicron 1

Unicron 2

Unicron 3

Unicron 4

Optimus Prime 23

Optimus Prime 24

Unicron 5

Unicron 6

Optimus Prime 25

And then All of Lost Light.

I like this. I personally like finishing up LL before OP 25, but that's 100% personal preference and is only because (marking spoilers since I assume some trade readers are not entirely done) the scene with Arcee and the young G2 Sideswipe, Sideways and others at the end feels like a better segue into that world's imaginary future. Plus this gives the story confirmation of the actual real-deal-not-fake-out death of Optimus Prime after the death of Megatron. While IDW Megs is waaaaay more interesting than IDW OP, that order still feels right.
User avatar
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5149
News Credits: 527
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: The Transformers IDWverse - A Chronology

Postby Stargrave » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:57 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
All the love that grew for all these characters out of the IDW run, no one impacted me or interested me more than Megatron. IDW Megatron goes down as one of my favorite TF characters ever. I ate up every panel as the various series came to a close.
User avatar
Stargrave
News Staff
Posts: 1542
News Credits: 338
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 pm
Location: California
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 1
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Re: The Transformers IDWverse - A Chronology

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:15 pm

ScottyP wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:When it comes to TPBs, what order do I read LL volume 4, OP volume 5, and the Unicron TPB in?

This is tough. The unicron trade really goes from issue to the next, as if nothing else needs to be read, while the Optimus Story does not. It expects you to have read certain issues of the Unicron story in between and also takes place at the same time of some of the Unicron stuff (like paralel). You will have to read part of the trades.

And Lost Light is not related to the unicron story at all.

It's not perfect, but this is what I suggest:

Optimus Prime Annual 2018

Optimus Prime 22

Unicron 0

Unicron 1

Unicron 2

Unicron 3

Unicron 4

Optimus Prime 23

Optimus Prime 24

Unicron 5

Unicron 6

Optimus Prime 25

And then All of Lost Light.

I like this. I personally like finishing up LL before OP 25, but that's 100% personal preference and is only because (marking spoilers since I assume some trade readers are not entirely done) the scene with Arcee and the young G2 Sideswipe, Sideways and others at the end feels like a better segue into that world's imaginary future. Plus this gives the story confirmation of the actual real-deal-not-fake-out death of Optimus Prime after the death of Megatron. While IDW Megs is waaaaay more interesting than IDW OP, that order still feels right.
Assuming that Megatron was executed. I finished LL and it's never made clear what his fate is, unless I missed something.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
Image

My fanfics:
disaster-transport--p1927519.php#p1927519
the-bad-seed--p1909021.php#p1909021
stories-from-a-wild-and-crazy-con--t109626.php
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 11224
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: The Transformers IDWverse - A Chronology

Postby ScottyP » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:41 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Rodimus Prime wrote:
ScottyP wrote:I like this. I personally like finishing up LL before OP 25, but that's 100% personal preference and is only because (marking spoilers since I assume some trade readers are not entirely done) the scene with Arcee and the young G2 Sideswipe, Sideways and others at the end feels like a better segue into that world's imaginary future. Plus this gives the story confirmation of the actual real-deal-not-fake-out death of Optimus Prime after the death of Megatron. While IDW Megs is waaaaay more interesting than IDW OP, that order still feels right.
Assuming that Megatron was executed. I finished LL and it's never made clear what his fate is, unless I missed something.
It's more ambiguous than intended. Here's what Roberts told me: https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/ ... 89858?s=19

Translation: Megatron was executed. He never would have parted with his Rodimus Star were he going to infinite imprisonment.
User avatar
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5149
News Credits: 527
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: The Transformers IDWverse - A Chronology

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:04 am

ScottyP wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
ScottyP wrote:I like this. I personally like finishing up LL before OP 25, but that's 100% personal preference and is only because (marking spoilers since I assume some trade readers are not entirely done) the scene with Arcee and the young G2 Sideswipe, Sideways and others at the end feels like a better segue into that world's imaginary future. Plus this gives the story confirmation of the actual real-deal-not-fake-out death of Optimus Prime after the death of Megatron. While IDW Megs is waaaaay more interesting than IDW OP, that order still feels right.
Assuming that Megatron was executed. I finished LL and it's never made clear what his fate is, unless I missed something.
It's more ambiguous than intended. Here's what Roberts told me: https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/ ... 89858?s=19

Translation: Megatron was executed. He never would have parted with his Rodimus Star were he going to infinite imprisonment.
Huh. Yeah, that makes sense, I should have seen it, actually.

But why did they both have to die? I mean, just because the story was over, doesn't mean it had to end that way. And I guess in a way Megatron survived, because his duplicate (or was the duplicate the one executed? Is there a difference?) is on the post-quantum-jump Lost Light.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
Image

My fanfics:
disaster-transport--p1927519.php#p1927519
the-bad-seed--p1909021.php#p1909021
stories-from-a-wild-and-crazy-con--t109626.php
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 11224
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: The Transformers IDWverse - A Chronology

Postby Stargrave » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:55 pm

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Alex Milne posted this sweet commission to his Twitter it’s Tarn’s holomatter avatar:
Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Stargrave
News Staff
Posts: 1542
News Credits: 338
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 pm
Location: California
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 1
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Re: The Transformers IDWverse - A Chronology

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:37 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
That's a sweet picture.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 9992
News Credits: 431
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #244 - Call Me Maybe
Twincast / Podcast #244:
"Call Me Maybe"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 28th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Night Heatwave Toys &amp Games" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Quick Dig Boulder" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain Voyager Figure Complete RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee 4K Bluray 2018 Transformers Mint" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots 12" Blurr Figure New NIB Sealed purple" on EBAY
Buy "Rescue Bots Transformers Rescan Lot - Bumblebee - Blades Jet Plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes High Tide Rescue Rig Toy Playset" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots BLURR Action Figure New" on EBAY