Transformers Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Rumor: Chetas/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Sat May 07, 2016 9:40 pm

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
fenrir72 wrote:
kurthy wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:I really wish the BW MPs would be a separate numbering system


That's where I was with Star Saber, but now it just doesn't matter.

WHY? Why though?! Why ISN'T IS MEGATRON DAMMIT?! :PREDACON:

WE. HAVE. TOO. MANY. HEROES.

We need more villains. Seriously. Every shelf ever is absurdly unbalanced.


Unless it's someone like Char Aznable "villains" always get second billing.


Even though said heroes wouldn't exist without those villains. Makes me miss MOTU, G.I. Joe, and M.A.S.K. from the '80s. You can't have a proper war on your floor if you only have one side. :BANG_HEAD:

But I actually understand the economics of the situation. Both factions will be bought by more well-to-do families because they can afford more than one and don't want to buy the same figure. But if you can only buy one for your kid, are you going to buy a good guy or a bad guy? The kid is probably going to want the good guy first and foremost (please don't forget that low income families far outnumber middle and upper class families). Hence, they will sell more Optimus Primes and Bumblebees than Megatrons and Starscreams. Basically, the assumption is that most families will buy a OP or BB, some families will buy a smattering, and very few families will only buy a Megatron/SS.

And that's great logic for the lower end of the spectrum. But when it comes to MPs, they are cost prohibitive from the beginning and not targeted at families, so when it comes to that, GIVE ME MY QUEEN AND LET THE REST BURN! :michaelbay: :PREDACON: :PREDACON: :PREDACON: :michaelbay: :PREDACON:


Kind of sad too. Starscream got the re-issue/improved(?) design first (maybe because of the potential to repaint the mold to infinity) and his "popularity" over an improve MP Megatron G1. Sorry if I hurt BW fans but if they, TT does issue a Megatron, let it be a G1 version first the BW Megs


I'm not opposed to that. Since we're getting Delta Magnus instead of a bad ass Shadow Magnus (kill me, amirite) I need an imposing figure to lead my MP Decepticon/Predacons. I don't mind a G1 Megs first. But. We do need both, now.


Prowl4 wrote:I'm very happy to see the mp bw line continue and with cheetor. It's important cheetor is next in my opinion because the mould can be reworked into tigatron and maybe ravage, although ravage did have transmetal cheetors body. This has more remould and repaint potential than anybody else aside from tarantulas.

I'm genuinely surprised at the apparent dislike of cheetor but I loved the character. The character evolved from juvenile rookie to competent leader. Growing up at the time of beast wars and beast machines definitely drew me to cheetor and I took inspiration from him.

Happy to see him next and after all it means more time for takara to figure out a flawless dinobot, megatron and tarantulas.


I like all the Beast Wars characters. However, I expected that they would only bother with the leaders and not make MP molds of the rest of the team (actually, as a cynic, I expected ONLY the Autobot Maximal leader and nothing else). But if they make a supporting character to add to the hero ranks and don't even make the leader of the Predacons at all, it feels like a massive middle finger. It's kind of akin to the way Pokemon treats Grass-types in relation to Fire- and Water-types.
THINGS I WILL NEVER "GET OVER":
- Misassembly of TFCC Bludgeon, G2 Onslaught and Pyra Magna
- Siege Chromia's lack of combiner port
User avatar
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
Posts: 689
News Credits: 12
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:49 pm
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Rank: 1
Courage: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Rumor: Cheetus/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby Zeedust » Sat May 07, 2016 10:01 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:
Zeedust wrote:However, I am surprised that they're doing another BW character at all. Are they running out of Autobot cars and alternate Seeker color schemes or something? Is something other than G1 really starting to be important, even if only in Japan?
They're doing BW MPs this year in celebration of the 20th anniversary. Come about another year or two and the MP line will likely go back to being solely G1 characters.

I guess I was overestimating the amount of time it'll take them to get Cheetor finished and released.

And I'm still surprised they're doing more than just Primal in any case. I guess I'm just used to non-G1 stuff being marginalized, if it's even acknowledged at all.
Zeedust
City Commander
Posts: 3085
News Credits: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:25 pm
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Rank: N/A
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Re: Rumor: Cheetus/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sat May 07, 2016 10:07 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Zeedust wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Zeedust wrote:However, I am surprised that they're doing another BW character at all. Are they running out of Autobot cars and alternate Seeker color schemes or something? Is something other than G1 really starting to be important, even if only in Japan?
They're doing BW MPs this year in celebration of the 20th anniversary. Come about another year or two and the MP line will likely go back to being solely G1 characters.

I guess I was overestimating the amount of time it'll take them to get Cheetor finished and released.

And I'm still surprised they're doing more than just Primal in any case. I guess I'm just used to non-G1 stuff being marginalized, if it's even acknowledged at all.

Why not only did BW save the franchise, but it has a huge fan base behind it, they just also happen to like G1 stuff, so they don't necessarily say much.

As for G1 Mp's left to be made, apart from combiners and triple-changers, I would like to see a chart of figures made into mp's and possible character (from the show, I assume) that still need a MP toy. trailbreaker, hoist, pipe's orange repaint, and the insecticons come to mind, but not much else jumps to mind :-?
*Click the pic below to see my Lego Transformers*
(Updated 3/10/17)
Image
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.
william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
User avatar
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7617
News Credits: 173
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:09 pm
Location: Alone
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Rumor: Cheetus/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Sat May 07, 2016 11:12 pm

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Hellscream9999 wrote:Why not only did BW save the franchise, but it has a huge fan base behind it, they just also happen to like G1 stuff, so they don't necessarily say much.

As for G1 Mp's left to be made, apart from combiners and triple-changers, I would like to see a chart of figures made into mp's and possible character (from the show, I assume) that still need a MP toy. trailbreaker, hoist, pipe's orange repaint, and the insecticons come to mind, but not much else jumps to mind :-?


A lot of mini-bots (Windcharger, Warpath, inevitable Cliffjumper, Powerglide -and it's Decepticon repaint (Hopefully- just to get more 'cons)), Perceptor, Hound, Skyfire, Dinobots. If they reeeealllly wanted to go all the way, we could get the femmebots that appear in that one Season 2 Episode.
THINGS I WILL NEVER "GET OVER":
- Misassembly of TFCC Bludgeon, G2 Onslaught and Pyra Magna
- Siege Chromia's lack of combiner port
User avatar
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
Posts: 689
News Credits: 12
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:49 pm
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Rank: 1
Courage: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Rumor: Cheetus/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby Kurona » Sun May 08, 2016 12:19 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Zeedust wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Zeedust wrote:However, I am surprised that they're doing another BW character at all. Are they running out of Autobot cars and alternate Seeker color schemes or something? Is something other than G1 really starting to be important, even if only in Japan?
They're doing BW MPs this year in celebration of the 20th anniversary. Come about another year or two and the MP line will likely go back to being solely G1 characters.

I guess I was overestimating the amount of time it'll take them to get Cheetor finished and released.

And I'm still surprised they're doing more than just Primal in any case. I guess I'm just used to non-G1 stuff being marginalized, if it's even acknowledged at all.

Why not only did BW save the franchise, but it has a huge fan base behind it, they just also happen to like G1 stuff, so they don't necessarily say much.

As for G1 Mp's left to be made, apart from combiners and triple-changers, I would like to see a chart of figures made into mp's and possible character (from the show, I assume) that still need a MP toy. trailbreaker, hoist, pipe's orange repaint, and the insecticons come to mind, but not much else jumps to mind :-?

Weeell...

1984 Autobots:-
Brawl, Cliffjumper, Windcharger, Huffer, Gears
Hound, Jazz, Mirage, Trailbreaker, Sunstreaker

1984 Decepticons:-
None, actually. Soundwave, all three seekers and all the Cassettes are done. But I bet you anything everyone wants an actual Megatron remake since the original MP Megs is pretty crap.

1985 Autobots:-
Beachcomber, Cosmos, Powerglide, Warpath, Seaspray
Blaster, Perceptor, Jetfire
Slag, Sludge, Swoop, Snarl
Skids, Hoist, Grapple (I bet we can score Grapple off the list very soon...)
There's also Omega Supreme, the Omnibots, Whirl, Roadbuster, Topspin and Twintwist; but I doubt they'd be made because Omega is way too big and the other guys were never in the cartoon.

1985 Decepticons:-
Kickback, Shrapnel, Bombshell
Astrotrain, Blitzwing
Dirge, Thrust (again, I bet we can score these off the list very soon)
There's also the deluxe insecticons but again, were never in the cartoon... or anything, really.

It'd be pointless to note the 1986 guys since they literally only have Hot Rod and Ultra Magnus from then. ... and, um, Ratbat. But it's probably worth noting that Galvatron is what I'd say is one of the top picks for the next MP Decepticon that's not a repaint/retool.

I guess it might also be worth noting that while MP combiners are never gonna happen, Swindle on his own has enough prominence and popularity to maybe warrant an MP of his own. Maybe. That's just complete conjecture on my part. I guess if you wanted to expand on that idea of singular combiner component MPs that don't combine you could also say Scrapper as the leader of the Constructicons, Silverbolt because he had his own little character arc and First Aid... because he had his own episode. I'm really grasping at straws here.
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7877
News Credits: 190
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Rumor: Cheetus/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Sun May 08, 2016 1:01 am

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Kurona wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Zeedust wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Zeedust wrote:However, I am surprised that they're doing another BW character at all. Are they running out of Autobot cars and alternate Seeker color schemes or something? Is something other than G1 really starting to be important, even if only in Japan?
They're doing BW MPs this year in celebration of the 20th anniversary. Come about another year or two and the MP line will likely go back to being solely G1 characters.

I guess I was overestimating the amount of time it'll take them to get Cheetor finished and released.

And I'm still surprised they're doing more than just Primal in any case. I guess I'm just used to non-G1 stuff being marginalized, if it's even acknowledged at all.

Why not only did BW save the franchise, but it has a huge fan base behind it, they just also happen to like G1 stuff, so they don't necessarily say much.

As for G1 Mp's left to be made, apart from combiners and triple-changers, I would like to see a chart of figures made into mp's and possible character (from the show, I assume) that still need a MP toy. trailbreaker, hoist, pipe's orange repaint, and the insecticons come to mind, but not much else jumps to mind :-?

Weeell...

1984 Autobots:-
Brawl, Cliffjumper, Windcharger, Huffer, Gears
Hound, Jazz, Mirage, Trailbreaker, Sunstreaker

1984 Decepticons:-
None, actually. Soundwave, all three seekers and all the Cassettes are done. But I bet you anything everyone wants an actual Megatron remake since the original MP Megs is pretty crap.

1985 Autobots:-
Beachcomber, Cosmos, Powerglide, Warpath, Seaspray
Blaster, Perceptor, Jetfire
Slag, Sludge, Swoop, Snarl
Skids, Hoist, Grapple (I bet we can score Grapple off the list very soon...)
There's also Omega Supreme, the Omnibots, Whirl, Roadbuster, Topspin and Twintwist; but I doubt they'd be made because Omega is way too big and the other guys were never in the cartoon.

1985 Decepticons:-
Kickback, Shrapnel, Bombshell
Astrotrain, Blitzwing
Dirge, Thrust (again, I bet we can score these off the list very soon)
There's also the deluxe insecticons but again, were never in the cartoon... or anything, really.

It'd be pointless to note the 1986 guys since they literally only have Hot Rod and Ultra Magnus from then. ... and, um, Ratbat. But it's probably worth noting that Galvatron is what I'd say is one of the top picks for the next MP Decepticon that's not a repaint/retool.

I guess it might also be worth noting that while MP combiners are never gonna happen, Swindle on his own has enough prominence and popularity to maybe warrant an MP of his own. Maybe. That's just complete conjecture on my part. I guess if you wanted to expand on that idea of singular combiner component MPs that don't combine you could also say Scrapper as the leader of the Constructicons, Silverbolt because he had his own little character arc and First Aid... because he had his own episode. I'm really grasping at straws here.


We both, also, forgot Reflector. That is something that has deserved a proper update.

And I don't know about -NEVER- on the combiners. Hiiiiiiiiiighly unlikely, and definitely not anytime soon. But it would be ridiculously lucrative for them to release, at least, Devastator. Maybe two Constructicons at a time, like the MP Cassettes. But yeah. Probably never going to happen.

If they did Astrotrain and Blitzwing, I would feel sad if they didn't finish off the main six. I know Astro and Blitz were the only two in the show pre-movie. But still...
THINGS I WILL NEVER "GET OVER":
- Misassembly of TFCC Bludgeon, G2 Onslaught and Pyra Magna
- Siege Chromia's lack of combiner port
User avatar
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
Posts: 689
News Credits: 12
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:49 pm
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Rank: 1
Courage: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Rumor: Cheetus/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby Kurona » Sun May 08, 2016 1:07 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
DecepticonFinishline wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Zeedust wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Zeedust wrote:However, I am surprised that they're doing another BW character at all. Are they running out of Autobot cars and alternate Seeker color schemes or something? Is something other than G1 really starting to be important, even if only in Japan?
They're doing BW MPs this year in celebration of the 20th anniversary. Come about another year or two and the MP line will likely go back to being solely G1 characters.

I guess I was overestimating the amount of time it'll take them to get Cheetor finished and released.

And I'm still surprised they're doing more than just Primal in any case. I guess I'm just used to non-G1 stuff being marginalized, if it's even acknowledged at all.

Why not only did BW save the franchise, but it has a huge fan base behind it, they just also happen to like G1 stuff, so they don't necessarily say much.

As for G1 Mp's left to be made, apart from combiners and triple-changers, I would like to see a chart of figures made into mp's and possible character (from the show, I assume) that still need a MP toy. trailbreaker, hoist, pipe's orange repaint, and the insecticons come to mind, but not much else jumps to mind :-?

Weeell...

1984 Autobots:-
Brawl, Cliffjumper, Windcharger, Huffer, Gears
Hound, Jazz, Mirage, Trailbreaker, Sunstreaker

1984 Decepticons:-
None, actually. Soundwave, all three seekers and all the Cassettes are done. But I bet you anything everyone wants an actual Megatron remake since the original MP Megs is pretty crap.

1985 Autobots:-
Beachcomber, Cosmos, Powerglide, Warpath, Seaspray
Blaster, Perceptor, Jetfire
Slag, Sludge, Swoop, Snarl
Skids, Hoist, Grapple (I bet we can score Grapple off the list very soon...)
There's also Omega Supreme, the Omnibots, Whirl, Roadbuster, Topspin and Twintwist; but I doubt they'd be made because Omega is way too big and the other guys were never in the cartoon.

1985 Decepticons:-
Kickback, Shrapnel, Bombshell
Astrotrain, Blitzwing
Dirge, Thrust (again, I bet we can score these off the list very soon)
There's also the deluxe insecticons but again, were never in the cartoon... or anything, really.

It'd be pointless to note the 1986 guys since they literally only have Hot Rod and Ultra Magnus from then. ... and, um, Ratbat. But it's probably worth noting that Galvatron is what I'd say is one of the top picks for the next MP Decepticon that's not a repaint/retool.

I guess it might also be worth noting that while MP combiners are never gonna happen, Swindle on his own has enough prominence and popularity to maybe warrant an MP of his own. Maybe. That's just complete conjecture on my part. I guess if you wanted to expand on that idea of singular combiner component MPs that don't combine you could also say Scrapper as the leader of the Constructicons, Silverbolt because he had his own little character arc and First Aid... because he had his own episode. I'm really grasping at straws here.


We both, also, forgot Reflector. That is something that has deserved a proper update.

And I don't know about -NEVER- on the combiners. Hiiiiiiiiiighly unlikely, and definitely not anytime soon. But it would be ridiculously lucrative for them to release, at least, Devastator. Maybe two Constructicons at a time, like the MP Cassettes. But yeah. Probably never going to happen.

If they did Astrotrain and Blitzwing, I would feel sad if they didn't finish off the main six. I know Astro and Blitz were the only two in the show pre-movie. But still...

IIRC, when Takara was asked about the possibility of an MP Devastator, the answer was straight-out "No".
Good catch on Reflector though. I always use the North American release dates of each transformer to keep track of the cast (hence why I was listing guys like Roadbuster), but Reflector was an error in being in the cartoon cast since his toy wasn't available until being a mail-away in 1986... gg Hasbro. But yeah, I'd definitely expect an MP of him somewhere down the road. Honestly since there were so few pre-movie Decepticons, aside from of course Thrust and Dirge being Ramjet retools I'd expect either Galvatron or a redone Megatron for the next MP Decepticon. I mean otherwise they have to go with Bombshell and consign themselves to making all three Insecticons who on their own are nothing to fuss about, or work their asses off to make a triple changer. ... or Cyclonus, Cyclonus works too.
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7877
News Credits: 190
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Rumor: Chetas/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby Burn » Sun May 08, 2016 3:41 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
I'm going to make my opinion really simple.

Beast Wars deserves the Masterpiece treatment, Cheetor ahead of Megatron however is just a bad move.
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 27936
News Credits: 217
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Rumor: Chetas/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby Prowl4 » Sun May 08, 2016 4:16 am

Weapon: Ionic Blaster
Kurona wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:I'm very happy to see the mp bw line continue and with cheetor. It's important cheetor is next in my opinion because the mould can be reworked into tigatron and maybe ravage, although ravage did have transmetal cheetors body. This has more remould and repaint potential than anybody else aside from tarantulas.

I'm genuinely surprised at the apparent dislike of cheetor but I loved the character. The character evolved from juvenile rookie to competent leader. Growing up at the time of beast wars and beast machines definitely drew me to cheetor and I took inspiration from him.

Happy to see him next and after all it means more time for takara to figure out a flawless dinobot, megatron and tarantulas.

For me it's less that I dislike Cheetor - I love all the BW characters and would pick any of them up - it's just that out of everyone aside from Terrorsaur and Scorponok... he's probably the last one I'd pick up. I just like the other ones better is all; Cheetor's cool and I like him but he's kinda that "just there" character for me. You know, the one that the team wouldn't be the team without but he's not exactly your favourite despite that.
I'd still buy the hell out of him.


I don't think he was just there though he grew and became the leader of the maximals after all. This is the starting point of a possible mp evolution figure.
Looking to swap a takara Titan class fortress maximus head for a Hasbro US retail Titan fortress maximus head.

Would alternatively buy a Hasbro US retail fortress maximus head on its own if anyone had one for sale.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned
Posts: 427
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:20 pm
Location: Dublin
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Rumor: Chetas/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby Prowl4 » Sun May 08, 2016 4:22 am

Weapon: Ionic Blaster
DecepticonFinishline wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
kurthy wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:I really wish the BW MPs would be a separate numbering system


That's where I was with Star Saber, but now it just tdoesn't matter.

WHY? Why though?! Why ISN'T IS MEGATRON DAMMIT?! :PREDACON:

WE. HAVE. TOO. MANY. HEROES.

We need more villains. Seriously. Every shelf ever is absurdly unbalanced.


Unless it's someone like Char Aznable "villains" always get second billing.


Even though said heroes wouldn't exist without those villains. Makes me miss MOTU, G.I. Joe, and M.A.S.K. from the '80s. You can't have a proper war on your floor if you only have one side. :BANG_HEAD:

But I actually understand the economics of the situation. Both factions will be bought by more well-to-do families because they can afford more than one and don't want to buy the same figure. But if you can only buy one for your kid, are you going to buy a good guy or a bad guy? The kid is probably going to want the good guy first and foremost (please don't forget that low income families far outnumber middle and upper class families). Hence, they will sell more Optimus Primes and Bumblebees than Megatrons and Starscreams. Basically, the assumption is that most families will buy a OP or BB, some families will buy a smattering, and very few families will only buy a Megatron/SS.

And that's great logic for the lower end of the spectrum. But when it comes to MPs, they are cost prohibitive from the beginning and not targeted at families, so when it comes to that, GIVE ME MY QUEEN AND LET THE REST BURN! :michaelbay: :PREDACON: :PREDACON: :PREDACON: :michaelbay: :PREDACON:


Kind of sad too. Starscream got the re-issue/improved(?) design first (maybe because of the potential to repaint the mold to infinity) and his "popularity" over an improve MP Megatron G1. Sorry if I hurt BW fans but if they, TT does issue a Megatron, let it be a G1 version first the BW Megs


I'm not opposed to that. Since we're getting Delta Magnus instead of a bad ass Shadow Magnus (kill me, amirite) I need an imposing figure to lead my MP Decepticon/Predacons. I don't mind a G1 Megs first. But. We do need both, now.


Prowl4 wrote:I'm very happy to see the mp bw line continue and with cheetor. It's important cheetor is next in my opinion because the mould can be reworked into tigatron and maybe ravage, although ravage did have transmetal cheetors body. This has more remould and repaint potential than anybody else aside from tarantulas.

I'm genuinely surprised at the apparent dislike of cheetor but I loved the character. The character evolved from juvenile rookie to competent leader. Growing up at the time of beast wars and beast machines definitely drew me to cheetor and I took inspiration from him.

Happy to see him next and after all it means more time for takara to figure out a flawless dinobot, megatron and tarantulas.


I like all the Beast Wars characters. However, I expected that they would only bother with the leaders and not make MP molds of the rest of the team (actually, as a cynic, I expected ONLY the Autobot Maximal leader and nothing else). But if they make a supporting character to add to the hero ranks and don't even make the leader of the Predacons at all, it feels like a massive middle finger. It's kind of akin to the way Pokemon treats Grass-types in relation to Fire- and Water-types.


A middle finger is harsh. This character eventually became leader of the maximals so I'm pretty happy with him. As I said it gives more time for takara to do a perfect dinobot, megatron etc. Dinobot is my favourite character but I'm just going to be patient because I don't want a sub par figure rushed out the door. I think this could be the start of a nice evolution from bw to tm to tm2 to beast machines. I'm happy with the choice.
Looking to swap a takara Titan class fortress maximus head for a Hasbro US retail Titan fortress maximus head.

Would alternatively buy a Hasbro US retail fortress maximus head on its own if anyone had one for sale.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned
Posts: 427
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:20 pm
Location: Dublin
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Rumor: Chetas/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby Kurona » Sun May 08, 2016 4:53 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Prowl4 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:I'm very happy to see the mp bw line continue and with cheetor. It's important cheetor is next in my opinion because the mould can be reworked into tigatron and maybe ravage, although ravage did have transmetal cheetors body. This has more remould and repaint potential than anybody else aside from tarantulas.

I'm genuinely surprised at the apparent dislike of cheetor but I loved the character. The character evolved from juvenile rookie to competent leader. Growing up at the time of beast wars and beast machines definitely drew me to cheetor and I took inspiration from him.

Happy to see him next and after all it means more time for takara to figure out a flawless dinobot, megatron and tarantulas.

For me it's less that I dislike Cheetor - I love all the BW characters and would pick any of them up - it's just that out of everyone aside from Terrorsaur and Scorponok... he's probably the last one I'd pick up. I just like the other ones better is all; Cheetor's cool and I like him but he's kinda that "just there" character for me. You know, the one that the team wouldn't be the team without but he's not exactly your favourite despite that.
I'd still buy the hell out of him.


I don't think he was just there though he grew and became the leader of the maximals after all. This is the starting point of a possible mp evolution figure.

Oh yeah, I get that; it's just that's what he was for me. I saw his character development, his traits, his evolution and it's all well and cool; but he just didn't stand out for me as much as the other guys. That's all I meant; not an objective study of the characters, just how they worked for me personally.
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7877
News Credits: 190
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Rumor: Chetas/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby Munkky » Sun May 08, 2016 8:46 am

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
More than anything I'm just ecstatic that there'll be a second Beast Wars Masterpiece toy, I legitimately thought Primal would be the only one. I don't even mind that it's not Megatron or Dinobot, because Cheetor has always been a personal favourite of mine. I can't wait to see how Masterpiece Cheetor turns out.
Munkky
Combiner
Posts: 419
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 7:01 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: Rumor: Chetas/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby shajaki » Sun May 08, 2016 10:06 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Burn wrote:I'm going to make my opinion really simple.

Beast Wars deserves the Masterpiece treatment, Cheetor ahead of Megatron however is just a bad move.
The way it should go is Primal > Megatron > Dinobot. [-(

Also y'all talking about G1 Decpeticons, you forgot the Insecticons too.
User avatar
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9933
News Credits: 293
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: Rumor: Chetas/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 08, 2016 11:39 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
The way I see it, the cartoon casts that need the MP treatment the most, in the order of which each cartoon was made, are the G1 cast, the Beast Wars season 1 cast, a small amount of the Beast Wars seasons 2-3 cast, the Beast Machines cast, the Armada cast, a small amount of the Energon cast, and the tiniest amount of the Animated cast.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 33067
News Credits: 330
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Rumor: Chetas/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby Kurona » Sun May 08, 2016 2:16 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Sabrblade wrote:The way I see it, the cartoon casts that need the MP treatment the most, in the order of which each cartoon was made, are the G1 cast, the Beast Wars season 1 cast, a small amount of the Beast Wars seasons 2-3 cast, the Beast Machines cast, the Armada cast, a small amount of the Energon cast, and the tiniest amount of the Animated cast.

I can get behind the first part... though fsr it'd feel a bit weird to have a dedicated MP BW line and get Trailbreaker before Tarantulas or whatnot.

Why the Energon cast? Like... that's the thing almost everyone universally agrees is bad, and unlike Armada having Starscream it doesn't at least have a fan-favourite character everyone points to as one thing they liked about it. I'd say TFP's main cast deserves the treatment personally, but, uh... maybe too soon.

Armada I could only really see Optimus, Starscream and Hot Shot. Maybe Megatron, no-one else is really that memorable or loved. Maybe Red Alert? IDK. I can't see there being an interest in Armada Masterpieces beyond a few characters.

Animated at least, like Beast Wars, started off with just the five autobots and just the five decepticons. And for the most part, it kind of stayed to that same cast without changes unlike Beast Wars. So all of 'em would make sense. Masterpiece Lugnut sounds sexy.

And since it's a Japanese line, it's G1-centric and we already have Star Saber, I'd say the main protaganist and antagonist each of Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory (maybe also Victory Leo since Star Saber was designed with the idea of combining in mind) makes sense.
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7877
News Credits: 190
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Rumor: Chetas/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby Sigma Magnus » Sun May 08, 2016 3:19 pm

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
Kurona wrote:And since it's a Japanese line, it's G1-centric and we already have Star Saber, I'd say the main protaganist and antagonist each of Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory (maybe also Victory Leo since Star Saber was designed with the idea of combining in mind) makes sense.

...that reminds me, has anyone made a third-party Victory Leo to go with MP Star Saber?
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
Posts: 2383
News Credits: 79
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm
Location: New York
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 3
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Re: Rumor: Chetas/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby Kurona » Sun May 08, 2016 3:40 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Sigma Magnus wrote:
Kurona wrote:And since it's a Japanese line, it's G1-centric and we already have Star Saber, I'd say the main protaganist and antagonist each of Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory (maybe also Victory Leo since Star Saber was designed with the idea of combining in mind) makes sense.

...that reminds me, has anyone made a third-party Victory Leo to go with MP Star Saber?

A quick google search brings up only the G1 toys, the Robot Master toys, some promotional art, and a digibash of TFP Voyager Dreadwing into Star Saber that I don't know what to think about.
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7877
News Credits: 190
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Rumor: Chetas/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby Sigma Magnus » Sun May 08, 2016 3:41 pm

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
Kurona wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:
Kurona wrote:And since it's a Japanese line, it's G1-centric and we already have Star Saber, I'd say the main protaganist and antagonist each of Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory (maybe also Victory Leo since Star Saber was designed with the idea of combining in mind) makes sense.

...that reminds me, has anyone made a third-party Victory Leo to go with MP Star Saber?

A quick google search brings up only the G1 toys, the Robot Master toys, some promotional art, and a digibash of TFP Voyager Dreadwing into Star Saber that I don't know what to think about.

Huh. You'd think someone would've by now...
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
Posts: 2383
News Credits: 79
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm
Location: New York
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 3
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Re: Rumor: Cheetus/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Sun May 08, 2016 4:16 pm

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Kurona wrote:IIRC, when Takara was asked about the possibility of an MP Devastator, the answer was straight-out "No".
Good catch on Reflector though. I always use the North American release dates of each transformer to keep track of the cast (hence why I was listing guys like Roadbuster), but Reflector was an error in being in the cartoon cast since his toy wasn't available until being a mail-away in 1986... gg Hasbro. But yeah, I'd definitely expect an MP of him somewhere down the road. Honestly since there were so few pre-movie Decepticons, aside from of course Thrust and Dirge being Ramjet retools I'd expect either Galvatron or a redone Megatron for the next MP Decepticon. I mean otherwise they have to go with Bombshell and consign themselves to making all three Insecticons who on their own are nothing to fuss about, or work their asses off to make a triple changer. ... or Cyclonus, Cyclonus works too.


Hopefully they change their mind. They could make a G2 version that I don't want. :-P

I dunno. I could see Devastator happening. Not now, of course. Not so soon after Combiner Wars. But I could see it happening.
THINGS I WILL NEVER "GET OVER":
- Misassembly of TFCC Bludgeon, G2 Onslaught and Pyra Magna
- Siege Chromia's lack of combiner port
User avatar
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
Posts: 689
News Credits: 12
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:49 pm
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Rank: 1
Courage: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Rumor: Cheetus/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby Kurona » Sun May 08, 2016 4:22 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
DecepticonFinishline wrote:
Kurona wrote:IIRC, when Takara was asked about the possibility of an MP Devastator, the answer was straight-out "No".
Good catch on Reflector though. I always use the North American release dates of each transformer to keep track of the cast (hence why I was listing guys like Roadbuster), but Reflector was an error in being in the cartoon cast since his toy wasn't available until being a mail-away in 1986... gg Hasbro. But yeah, I'd definitely expect an MP of him somewhere down the road. Honestly since there were so few pre-movie Decepticons, aside from of course Thrust and Dirge being Ramjet retools I'd expect either Galvatron or a redone Megatron for the next MP Decepticon. I mean otherwise they have to go with Bombshell and consign themselves to making all three Insecticons who on their own are nothing to fuss about, or work their asses off to make a triple changer. ... or Cyclonus, Cyclonus works too.


Hopefully they change their mind. They could make a G2 version that I don't want. :-P

I dunno. I could see Devastator happening. Not now, of course. Not so soon after Combiner Wars. But I could see it happening.

Unless there's a massive upgrade on engineering, Takara's budget, peoples' wallets and ways to cheat the laws of physics, I really don't see it ever happening.
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7877
News Credits: 190
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Rumor: Chetas/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby SureShot18 » Sun May 08, 2016 6:22 pm

Motto: "Certainty of death, small chance of success...What are we waiting for?"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Burn wrote:I'm going to make my opinion really simple.

Beast Wars deserves the Masterpiece treatment, Cheetor ahead of Megatron however is just a bad move.

When I first saw this thread I would've totally agreed with you Burn, and I still kind of do, but Season 1 Cheetor hasn't had a good representation of that design in plastic yet. Megatron on the other hand, arguably has a pretty good toy for his Season 1 design. So I can kind of see why Takara would prioritize Cheetor. G1 Megatron was MP-5, we got two repaints a of Prime before Megs, we just need to give them time.
User avatar
SureShot18
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 882
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:13 pm
Location: SW Pennsylvania
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Rumor: Chetas/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby Ironhidensh » Sun May 08, 2016 7:04 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
I don't know if it was mentioned yet, but if we get a MP Cheator, wouldn't that almost garunteed a MP Tigatron?
Card carrying grumpy old man.


Image

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
User avatar
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
Posts: 4827
News Credits: 25
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:14 pm
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Rumor: Chetas/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby Kurona » Sun May 08, 2016 7:28 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Ironhidensh wrote:I don't know if it was mentioned yet, but if we get a MP Cheator, wouldn't that almost garunteed a MP Tigatron?

I'd imagine it'd require a bit of work since in the cartoon, Tigatron was a bit taller and bulkier than Cheetor. So... probably, but it would - or should - have quite a bit of retooling involved.
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7877
News Credits: 190
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Rumor: Chetas/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby shajaki » Sun May 08, 2016 7:30 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Ironhidensh wrote:I don't know if it was mentioned yet, but if we get a MP Cheator, wouldn't that almost garunteed a MP Tigatron?
Only if they cheap out. They could use the exact same engineering, but he would have to be upscaled.
User avatar
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9933
News Credits: 293
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: Rumor: Chetas/Cheetor next MP(?)

Postby Ironhidensh » Sun May 08, 2016 7:46 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
shajaki wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I don't know if it was mentioned yet, but if we get a MP Cheator, wouldn't that almost garunteed a MP Tigatron?
Only if they cheap out. They could use the exact same engineering, but he would have to be upscaled.

The original toy was the same size, a straight repaint. We all know how they love to make repaints.
Card carrying grumpy old man.


Image

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
User avatar
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
Posts: 4827
News Credits: 25
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:14 pm
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
Twincast / Podcast #254:
"Redlining Sixth"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers POTP Power Of The Primes PP-43 Throne Optimal Optimus Primal MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Camshaft, Bombshell, Ripper Snapper, & Cosmos Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Leader Galactic Man Shockwave 2019 SDCC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Figure  Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unicron Armada By Hasbro New Sealed HTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Piggy coin Bank Large! VERY RARE G1" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro 2009 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Constructicons lot Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee and Doc Greene" on EBAY