Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Deadput » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:49 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Kurona wrote:He was correct, but it's still very arrogant and a really terrible attitude to have. Even if a lot of the complaints were ridiculous things like Optimus having flames or characters not looking like their G1 selves, it still shows a complete defiance of any sort of constructive criticism and a care for nothing but how much money you're going to give him. I don't wanna give money to someone like that; I wanna give it to someone who truly cares about what they're making and truly cares about giving the audience something they'll like -- if it's gonna crash and burn that's a shame, but at least lemme see you've put effort and care into it. It's a terrible attitude propagated by executive suits sitting round a boardroom table.

But now it's apparently coming back to bite 'em in the buttocks, because people aren't going to see it anyway. I just hope this means the Bumblebee movie and whatever comes after it are gonna be much better than what we currently have.


It's a horrible attitude yes but so are some of the fans reactions and attitude towards Bay himself so I assume he had that on his mind when he made the comment.

Not that it makes it alright or anything but people will occasionally vent or take a hostile attitude when their annoyed (cough-myself-cough)

Like I said I "assume".
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
City Commander
Posts: 3867
News Credits: 53
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Kurona » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:57 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Deadput wrote:
Kurona wrote:He was correct, but it's still very arrogant and a really terrible attitude to have. Even if a lot of the complaints were ridiculous things like Optimus having flames or characters not looking like their G1 selves, it still shows a complete defiance of any sort of constructive criticism and a care for nothing but how much money you're going to give him. I don't wanna give money to someone like that; I wanna give it to someone who truly cares about what they're making and truly cares about giving the audience something they'll like -- if it's gonna crash and burn that's a shame, but at least lemme see you've put effort and care into it. It's a terrible attitude propagated by executive suits sitting round a boardroom table.

But now it's apparently coming back to bite 'em in the buttocks, because people aren't going to see it anyway. I just hope this means the Bumblebee movie and whatever comes after it are gonna be much better than what we currently have.


It's a horrible attitude yes but so are some of the fans reactions and attitude towards Bay himself so I assume he had that on his mind when he made the comment.

Not that it makes it alright or anything but people will occasionally vent or take a hostile attitude when their annoyed (cough-myself-cough)

Like I said I "assume".

Yeah, a lot of people were rude, hostile and downright antagonistic -- I mean for Primus' sake, some of them actually sent Bay death threats. What the heck's that about? Why are we as a race like this? All he did was paint flames on a cab, for the love of...

But yes, I can understand that maybe that line was a reaction to the... less civil detractors of the movies, but it wouldn't kill him to have a bit more maturity and composure or at least pretend like he cares about giving people something they'll enjoy. It's a bit like if Hasbro responded to complaints about Trypticon's leg assembly issues with "I don't give a ****, you're still gonna buy it. Don't see why I should care."

Watch Hasbro actually do that.
Complete and utter IDW DOOP-onwards Transformers fangirl. Also loves Beast Wars, Animated, TFP and that one TFCC story that made Alpha Bravo and Offroad great

Image
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7876
News Credits: 190
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby kurthy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:08 am

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
Kurona wrote:
Deadput wrote:Yeah, a lot of people were rude, hostile and downright antagonistic -- I mean for Primus' sake, some of them actually sent Bay death threats. What the heck's that about? Why are we as a race like this? All he did was paint flames on a cab, for the love of...

But yes, I can understand that maybe that line was a reaction to the... less civil detractors of the movies, but it wouldn't kill him to have a bit more maturity and composure or at least pretend like he cares about giving people something they'll enjoy. It's a bit like if Hasbro responded to complaints about Trypticon's leg assembly issues with "I don't give a ****, you're still gonna buy it. Don't see why I should care."

Watch Hasbro actually do that.


Hasbro has always had this attitude. Look at 1989 to 1995.

I'm still going to place a lot of blame on Bay. His only concern is making it look cool. He's never made a great movie and most of his experience is creating music videos. Much like the head coach in football, he's not responsible for everything, but he's still going to shoulder a large part of the blame. Much as Shia Lebouf as the quarterback did. Lorenzo is more like a GM who insists the coach is fine and needs more fan attendance to improve the atmosphere. Paramount is slowly becoming the original Cleveland Browns.

But I checked out after DotM and haven't seen the latest installment.
kurthy
Targetmaster
Posts: 662
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:51 pm
Location: Iowa City, IA
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Ig89ninja » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:15 am

Motto: "To troll, or be sincere, that is my question"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
SlyTF1 wrote:
Deadput wrote:Pictures like this make me wish we could have something like a prequel movie or a video game with all of them together interacting with each other like Ironhide and Hound or something like that and it doesn't even have to be anything canon.

Image


A game like that would be great. One set in an alternate reality where all the Autobots and Decepticons are still alive, fighting it out on Earth. I still want a Transformers RPG, ######.

I. Am now wondering what devastator would look like if bonecrusher was added to his combined form
Want: ROTF Lockdown/Axor Engine
New missile pods for Nitro Zeus found a shapeways replacement
Studio Series 18 Volkswagen Bumblebee for “parts”

Bumblebee was the best Transformers film yet, change my mind.
User avatar
Ig89ninja
Targetmaster
Posts: 630
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:23 pm
Alt Mode: Peterbilt 379 [movie optimus prime alt Mode]
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: ???

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby cruizerdave » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:04 pm

Oh man, wouldn't it be great if this finally killed these stupid movies?


Look, this isn't a dig at you if you love Bayformers. If some pretty cinematography, big explosions, nifty special effects and almost always nearly incomprehensible action scenes are enough for you to enjoy these films, more power to you.


However, for me, I'd love to see the films die for a few years, and come back as something that has an actual narrative, treats the TFs as characters, and speaking of characters, has likeable characters.

Unfortunately, I think this movie is going to make just enough money to justify another one. Spoilers, the next one will involve some type of conspiracy, some type up to now hidden thing that ties TFs to Earth's history, a bunch of yelling, characters and plot points that have almost zero to do with the central story, porny shots of women's cleavage or butts, weird and offensive racial stereotypes, Optimus acting like a maniac, slow motion shots, Megatron not really having much to do with the story, thing from previous movies being ignored or contradicted, a high caliber actor slumming it for a pay check and plenty of idiotic, juvenile frat boy humor.
cruizerdave
Minibot
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 8:50 am

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby noctorro » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:45 pm

cruizerdave wrote:Unfortunately, I think this movie is going to make just enough money to justify another one. Spoilers, the next one will involve some type of conspiracy, some type up to now hidden thing that ties TFs to Earth's history, a bunch of yelling, characters and plot points that have almost zero to do with the central story, porny shots of women's cleavage or butts, weird and offensive racial stereotypes, Optimus acting like a maniac, slow motion shots, Megatron not really having much to do with the story, thing from previous movies being ignored or contradicted, a high caliber actor slumming it for a pay check and plenty of idiotic, juvenile frat boy humor.


Damnit, why does your spoiler have to be 100% on point for Transformers 6?

I think you absolutely have it right here.

It's going to be humans made Transformers in the first place, or Transformers made humans + everything else you say. Oh yes and Unicron used to be human or something.

Mind blown :michaelbay: with the Lorenzo posts up here. My Primus I did not know about this. Why does the man hate Transformers so much?

I really hope the Bumblebee movie will be awesome, that director gives me hope anyway.
Image
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
User avatar
noctorro
Pretender
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:45 am

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Deadput » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:03 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
kurthy wrote:I'm still going to place a lot of blame on Bay. His only concern is making it look cool.

Like every director ever...

Why do people assume that the movie makers are going to care about the property as much as we do? Fan is short for fanatic for a reason.
kurthy wrote:He's never made a great movie and most of his experience is creating music videos.


First of all that is subjective and an opinion...not exactly a fact.

13 hours was a pretty good movie though and it came out in 2016 so he is able to make decent movies but not that many people are going to give him a chance because of his name.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
City Commander
Posts: 3867
News Credits: 53
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Stuartmaximus » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:20 pm

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
Btw the franchise that Bay could've done better with would've been M.A.S.K. & GI Joe
Stuartmaximus
Banned
Posts: 3747
News Credits: 19
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:21 pm

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby kurthy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:24 pm

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
Deadput wrote:
kurthy wrote:I'm still going to place a lot of blame on Bay. His only concern is making it look cool.

Like every director ever...

Why do people assume that the movie makers are going to care about the property as much as we do? Fan is short for fanatic for a reason.
kurthy wrote:He's never made a great movie and most of his experience is creating music videos.


First of all that is subjective and an opinion...not exactly a fact.

13 hours was a pretty good movie though and it came out in 2016 so he is able to make decent movies but not that many people are going to give him a chance because of his name.

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0000881/filmotype/director?ref_=m_nmfm_2

I looked through his critics scores on imdb. His best rating from critics (people who know a lot more about film than I do) comes in at a 60 out of 100. That's his highest rated movie ever. I think that qualifies that he's never made a great movie. His best movie was transformers, and I'll admit that I enjoyed it.

You also said he's able to make decent movies, I'll concede that, too, but a decent movie is his high watermark. 13 hours was a flop that made $2m more than its production cost. But box office flops can be good movies, although the critics ratings are lower than transformers and the user ratings are barely higher than his next movie (transformers, again) and the same on rotten tomatoes. At this point, I'm probably not going to take your recommendation to watch it.

My argument isn't that Bay is completely at fault, just that he's not completely absolved of all blame. When he directs a great movie, I'll relent and say that he did nothing wrong on transformers. He's got a long list of great actors but his movies get nominated for awards for best sound editing and best visual effects, not best director, best cinematography, best editing, best acting, best screenplay, or best picture. His track record shows he's done nothing to merit praise.
kurthy
Targetmaster
Posts: 662
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:51 pm
Location: Iowa City, IA
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Deadput » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:35 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
kurthy wrote: 13 hours was a flop that made $2m more than its production cost. But box office flops can be good movies, although the critics ratings are lower than transformers and the user ratings are barely higher than his next movie (transformers, again) and the same on rotten tomatoes. At this point, I'm probably not going to take your recommendation to watch it.

It's still a good movie and just because it didn't do well in the theater doesn't change a thing also people adore the original 1986 movie and look how well that movie did.


Rotten tomatoes is a cancerous website for wannabe reviewers, spammers and bots.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
City Commander
Posts: 3867
News Credits: 53
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Kurona » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:45 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Well, 1986 wasn't exactly a good movie either...

...

So anyway, I love you all, please don't kill me.
Complete and utter IDW DOOP-onwards Transformers fangirl. Also loves Beast Wars, Animated, TFP and that one TFCC story that made Alpha Bravo and Offroad great

Image
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7876
News Credits: 190
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:53 pm

Deadput wrote:just because it didn't do well in the theater doesn't change a thing

I think thats something people often dont realize. How good a movie is or how big its cultural impact is is not related to how much it made at the movies.

Case in point: Moonlight. That movie won best picture and yet of all the nominees it was the one that performed the worst.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 24707
News Credits: 2413
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:00 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Deadput wrote:
kurthy wrote: 13 hours was a flop that made $2m more than its production cost. But box office flops can be good movies, although the critics ratings are lower than transformers and the user ratings are barely higher than his next movie (transformers, again) and the same on rotten tomatoes. At this point, I'm probably not going to take your recommendation to watch it.

It's still a good movie and just because it didn't do well in the theater doesn't change a thing also people adore the original 1986 movie and look how well that movie did.


Rotten tomatoes is a cancerous website for wannabe reviewers, spammers and bots.


I'm going to all cap this, because clearly no one **** gets it:

ROTTEN TOMATOES GATHERS TOGETHER CRITICAL VIEWS FROM ACROSS THE INTERNET

IT ALSO HAS AN AUDIENCE SCORING SYSTEM

JUST BECAUSE ROTTEN TOMATOES SHOWS THAT CRITICS AND AUDIENCE DID NOT LIKE A MOVIE IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU CANNOT ENJOY THAT MOVIE


It's not hard to read information that the sources provide themselves: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/about/
I know it's easier to just follow soundbites, but COME ON
User avatar
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17010
News Credits: 6188
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Deadput » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:13 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Va'al wrote:ROTTEN TOMATOES GATHERS TOGETHER CRITICAL VIEWS FROM ACROSS THE INTERNET

Did they change it? Because I certainly don't remember it being like that several years ago.

Well if I'm wrong I'm wrong I'll accept that.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
City Commander
Posts: 3867
News Credits: 53
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:40 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Deadput wrote:
Va'al wrote:ROTTEN TOMATOES GATHERS TOGETHER CRITICAL VIEWS FROM ACROSS THE INTERNET

Did they change it? Because I certainly don't remember it being like that several years ago.

Well if I'm wrong I'm wrong I'll accept that.


Aggregator. Always been an aggregator.

Rotten Tomatoes was launched on August 12, 1998, as a spare-time project by Senh Duong.[5] His goal in creating Rotten Tomatoes was "to create a site where people can get access to reviews from a variety of critics in the U.S."[6] As a fan of Jackie Chan's, Duong was inspired to create the website after collecting all the reviews of Chan's movies as they were being published in the United States.

Wikipedia for ease, but both claims backed by interviews.


Addendum to my last post:

JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE (AUDIENCE AND CRITICS) DO LIKE A MOVIE, DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO LIKE IT TOO
User avatar
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17010
News Credits: 6188
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:42 pm

Deadput wrote:
Va'al wrote:ROTTEN TOMATOES GATHERS TOGETHER CRITICAL VIEWS FROM ACROSS THE INTERNET

Did they change it? Because I certainly don't remember it being like that several years ago.

Well if I'm wrong I'm wrong I'll accept that.


Rotten tomatoes has always been like that. They have no opinion themselves they just look at all reviews and do a tally of those who like it against those who dont. Its not an average of scores its just the percentage of people that say Yes against No. So the score itself doesnt really mean what people think it means. Toy Story isnt the greatest movie of all time but because nobody thinks it sucks (hence it got no "no"s), it has the highest score.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 24707
News Credits: 2413
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Burn » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:50 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
At the end of the day, if you consider a movie a good movie, then it's a good movie.

If you consider a movie good or bad based on some critics and/or some rating on the internet, then you're a sheep that should probably learn to think for yourself.

Don't let others dictate to you what is good or bad, decide for yourself.
Image
"Three blokes doing random crap and taking the mickey out of anyone and everyone"

Nemesis Maximo wrote:Slow your mustang down, bud. I respect your “uniform.” You’re lucky I just happen to like you too. :-D
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 27306
News Credits: 209
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:53 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
cruizerdave wrote:and plenty of idiotic, juvenile frat boy humor.
All that was pretty much scarce-to-nonexistent in the fourth and fifth films.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 31292
News Credits: 290
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Kurona » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:57 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Burn wrote:At the end of the day, if you consider a movie a good movie, then it's a good movie.

If you consider a movie good or bad based on some critics and/or some rating on the internet, then you're a sheep that should probably learn to think for yourself.

Don't let others dictate to you what is good or bad, decide for yourself.

No, that simply means you like a movie. It's only being a sheep if you mindlessly agree with another's opinion rather than attempting to understand them and actually take in what they're saying.
Complete and utter IDW DOOP-onwards Transformers fangirl. Also loves Beast Wars, Animated, TFP and that one TFCC story that made Alpha Bravo and Offroad great

Image
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7876
News Credits: 190
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:05 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
cruizerdave wrote:and plenty of idiotic, juvenile frat boy humor.
All that was pretty much scarce-to-nonexistent in the fourth and fifth films.

I love how the fourth movie even killed the biggest comic relief character in a really rough way. It was a nice way to tell us that this wasnt gonna be the movie for that. Too bad they brought back more dumb humour in the 5th one, like the women thinking Mark Walhberg is having sex with their neice.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 24707
News Credits: 2413
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Burn » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:10 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Kurona wrote:
Burn wrote:At the end of the day, if you consider a movie a good movie, then it's a good movie.

If you consider a movie good or bad based on some critics and/or some rating on the internet, then you're a sheep that should probably learn to think for yourself.

Don't let others dictate to you what is good or bad, decide for yourself.

No, that simply means you like a movie. It's only being a sheep if you mindlessly agree with another's opinion rather than attempting to understand them and actually take in what they're saying.

Ten years Kurona. Ten years of listening to people piss and moan about these movies. It's the same **** each time, the same pissing and moaning.

If that's not a sheep herd mentality then I don't know what it is.
Image
"Three blokes doing random crap and taking the mickey out of anyone and everyone"

Nemesis Maximo wrote:Slow your mustang down, bud. I respect your “uniform.” You’re lucky I just happen to like you too. :-D
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 27306
News Credits: 209
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby kurthy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:58 pm

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
Burn wrote:At the end of the day, if you consider a movie a good movie, then it's a good movie.

If you consider a movie good or bad based on some critics and/or some rating on the internet, then you're a sheep that should probably learn to think for yourself.

Don't let others dictate to you what is good or bad, decide for yourself.


I don't have enough time to decide whether or not every single movie that comes out is good at the cost of 2 and half hours. If a lot of people are saying it's awful, I'm probably more than willing to say skip it, especially after the last 3 installments didn't exactly leave me wanting more.

I've seen every bay movie until 3 of his last 4. I've decided that nothing involving him is worth my time ever again. Giving or not giving a movie a chance based on what other people are saying isn't being a sheep, it's using your resources, like reading reviews on this site and basing my purchasing decisions on it (I don't always, because sometimes I'm either really not into a character or really want a character for my collection). 10 people on here say something is awesome and 1 person says it's awful, I'm inclined to get the toy and decide whether or not I like it. Like a lot of people loving TR blurr/brainstorm and me being at best ambivalent.
kurthy
Targetmaster
Posts: 662
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:51 pm
Location: Iowa City, IA
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:35 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Burn wrote:At the end of the day, if you consider a movie a good movie, then it's a good movie.

If you consider a movie good or bad based on some critics and/or some rating on the internet, then you're a sheep that should probably learn to think for yourself.

Don't let others dictate to you what is good or bad, decide for yourself.


See, this is what I've been trying to say for years. I hate how systematic everyone's view of a "good movie" is. And I don't get that "guilty pleasure" crap. If you like it, you like it. Quit trying to justify why you like it by putting it in some kind of sub-category that means nothing.
I Am.
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4759
News Credits: 37
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Location: The Kingdom of Heaven
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:41 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
SlyTF1 wrote:
Burn wrote:At the end of the day, if you consider a movie a good movie, then it's a good movie.

If you consider a movie good or bad based on some critics and/or some rating on the internet, then you're a sheep that should probably learn to think for yourself.

Don't let others dictate to you what is good or bad, decide for yourself.


See, this is what I've been trying to say for years. I hate how systematic everyone's view of a "good movie" is. And I don't get that "guilty pleasure" crap. If you like it, you like it. Quit trying to justify why you like it by putting it in some kind of sub-category that means nothing.
But I think the Super Mario Bros. movie is a stupid, very lousy movie, yet I also like it. How do you rationalize my liking a movie I consider to be a bad one?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 31292
News Credits: 290
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:07 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Burn wrote:At the end of the day, if you consider a movie a good movie, then it's a good movie.

If you consider a movie good or bad based on some critics and/or some rating on the internet, then you're a sheep that should probably learn to think for yourself.

Don't let others dictate to you what is good or bad, decide for yourself.


See, this is what I've been trying to say for years. I hate how systematic everyone's view of a "good movie" is. And I don't get that "guilty pleasure" crap. If you like it, you like it. Quit trying to justify why you like it by putting it in some kind of sub-category that means nothing.
But I think the Super Mario Bros. movie is a stupid, very lousy movie, yet I also like it. How do you rationalize my liking a movie I consider to be a bad one?


That's an irrational mindset. I can't rationalize an irrationality.

I guess it would have to depend on what you like and dislike about it. Specifically.
I Am.
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4759
News Credits: 37
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Location: The Kingdom of Heaven
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #225 - The Overexposure of Bumblebee
Twincast / Podcast #225:
"The Overexposure of Bumblebee"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 16th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON BATTLE MASTERS SMASHDOWN FIGUER" on EBAY
Buy "SOUNDWAVE - Siege War For Cybertron - Transformers Voyager Class 2019 - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series 5 Inch Figure Deluxe Class - Dropkick #22" on EBAY
Buy "Vtg Original Lot Of 9 G1 Transformers GEN1 Jetfire Astrotrain Soundwave Planes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Autobot - Springer - NIB In Hand Ships Fast" on EBAY
Buy "transformers siege war for cybertron Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "transformers siege war for cybertron Prowl" on EBAY
Buy "transformers siege war for cybertron starscream" on EBAY