This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby william-james88 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:14 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Glad you're loving him Cobo! He is a great figure and I love the IDW design. It all around may be my favorite leader of all time :BOT:

WOW, high praise! I was about to make a best Leader class list one day. So tell me, does he really beat the following:

Animated Leader Ultra Magnus and Megatron
ROTF Leader Prime
HFTD Leader Starscream
DOTM Leader Sentinel Prime
Cybertron Leader Prime
Energon Leader Megatron
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:44 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Glad you're loving him Cobo! He is a great figure and I love the IDW design. It all around may be my favorite leader of all time :BOT:

WOW, high praise! I was about to make a best Leader class list one day. So tell me, does he really beat the following:

Animated Leader Ultra Magnus and Megatron
ROTF Leader Prime
HFTD Leader Starscream
DOTM Leader Sentinel Prime
Cybertron Leader Prime
Energon Leader Megatron

Of those I have only RotF leader Prime. I didn't get into Tfs before 2007 and really didn't collect until 2011, so most of those predate my collecting.
But I will say I prefer him over RotF Prime. That leader toy is just an epic pain to transform, so while it looks amazing, it is just not fun to play with. Magnus' simpler transformation feels better and has playability considering the cockpit and the car carrier area of the trailer. He may be a bit hollow and light, but that really doesn't bother me. :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

In Hand Images and Review of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-14 Ultra Magnus and Box Art

Postby william-james88 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:55 pm

Fellow Seibertronian Cobotron is raving about the newly released Takara Legends Ultra Magnus. He has provided us a quick written review along with some awesome pictures including the box art which had not been seen yet, it's pretty kick ass, enjoy!

Cobotron wrote:This figure is FANTASTIC! This really is the Classics/Gen Magnus I've been waiting all this time for.
I would love to compare and contrast the Hasbro version to this Takara one but I can only speak for the Takara. The more I looked at Hasbro's, the more I wondered if I made the right choice. That Hasbro blue, with it's metallic swirl is supper sleek, and I realize now, closer in color to the OG G1 toy. So, I was elated to find that the Takara blue also has that rockin' metallic fleck, not as predominant as Hasbro's, but oh yeah, he's got it! All the other extra painted details also really seal the deal. In particular the added apps to the feet, and the inside of his head crest. Some of the applications are a little loose around the edges, but I'm too busy transforming this guy to care.
In either version, this toy is really fun! The transformation is a ton o' fun and super intuitive. A fantastic evolution of ye olden Magnus. I feel they took some serious cues from the Masterpiece Magnus. I've always been a strong believer in Magnus is a Prime type truck in a suit of armor, but I'm not afraid of change. The driver gimmick is cool. Can't wait to see who else I can cram in that pilot's chair.

I love the robotic pug nose bull dog look of the truck. An homage to the Mack truck mascot, perhaps? I'm a little surprised Takara left that hinge piece rectangle on the roof red. Seems like a detail they would have been sticklers about.

This sculpt is unmistakably IDW, and I love it! Such a great robot mode. And I love that the hammer is a constant now.

Put it down Mags! Serve that justice! Enforce that accord!

For such a tiny little toy, the paint is impeccable on Alpha Trion. This fun little guy will have all kinds of silly exploits in my collection. And he's my first ever Alpha T toy.

Obligatory comparison.

There has been a lot of back and forth between UM's thighs. Red vs. white that is. I initially went for the red thighs because I thought it screamed G1 toy, but what it really boils down to is this is a really great interpretation of this character no matter the pants.
A great transformation, resulting in a really well articulated action figure that's just plain fun to play with. And BTW, I haven't had any trouble getting him to hold his weapons.

And now for the Box Art!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:17 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Impressive, most impressive.

Be careful. You bang that hammer too hard and you might just shoot a rocket at yourself!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Nemesis Destron » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:53 pm

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Any day now, any day now, any day now! :BANG_HEAD:

I said it once before, Reprolabels can easily solve the "red pants" issue. :-P Along with adding to a decal set for this highly awaited Ultra Magnus! :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:22 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Don't care how much people bash this mold, it is extremely good and amazing! Best official Magnus to date for me, including Masterpiece :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:11 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
I think this is a great mold, just wish the hasbro version weren't so unpainted for being so damn expensive, I mean, all it would've taken would've been some painted rims for that extra bit of perceived effort :roll:
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:25 pm

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
That Ultra Magnus! :shock: I need this!
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby william-james88 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:38 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Don't care how much people bash this mold, it is extremely good and amazing! Best official Magnus to date for me, including Masterpiece :BOT:

You gotta tell me more, why do you find it better than the MP? I am all ears.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:39 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Magnus is lookin' might fine for a reanimated corpse. 8-)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:42 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Don't care how much people bash this mold, it is extremely good and amazing! Best official Magnus to date for me, including Masterpiece :BOT:

For me - as I agree with this sentiment - is the future-tech look; it looks cool, in both modes, I also like the stylized design aesthetic, other than that, I just grew up liking big trucks and construction vehicles, so it just appeals to the kid in me in all the right ways Image
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby william-james88 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:52 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Magnus is lookin' might fine for a reanimated corpse. 8-)

You there Sabr, you must have been elated by that comic actually bringing the deserved fiction to this release. I would have loved to see your smile when you read it.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:30 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
For the price, I think Takara's leader Magnus's 80$CAN give you more bang for your bucks than the MP's 300$CAN punishment.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:49 pm

william-james88 wrote:

Well, first off the Masterpiece is so darned expensive that poor college kids like me cannot afford him. I bought this Magnus for $35 off Hasbrot toy shop in June. Second, his aesthetic is so much more stylized and just sleek looking. the MP captures the G1 style great, but to be this Magnus is more sleek, more dynamic in robot mode and actually looks like he can move fast and hit hard. His Vehicle mode is a thing of beauty considering he has the fully functioning truck and trailer style that allows for legends and deluxes to use him, which is pretty sweet. the cab is also beautiful and just captures the look of a badass right away before the missile pods even roll into view.

His color scheme, despite any paint operations complaints, also captures several different versions of him quite well. the fact that he does not have a white prime at his center is also a big plus for me considering I like Magnus as more than an armored Optimus. To replace that however, they did such an awesome thing and made Minimus (and A3) and made a cockpit so it is legitimate armor that can also qualify as its own character pilot not withstanding.
The weapons are a thing of beauty too. Those guns are spectacular and the missile pods look intimidating. the fact that they all combine into a massive missile hammer of murder/death/justice/badassery just makes thing even more special considering that has become his trademark.

And while he is light, i like the lightness of figures at times (especially jets) since it makes them more dynamic and not as heavy a toy to handle, just as long as the integrity is good, which to me the Magnus plastic is very good and I feel myself transforming this guy over and over again.

PS: Screamer, I'm glad you feel the same way. He hit several of my points already, especially the part about the inner kid :-D

PSS: Magnus is sitting right here on my dorm desk as I type this, giving me that Magnus stare... :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Cobotron » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:36 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
D-Maximus_Prime wrote: ... but to me this Magnus is more sleek, more dynamic in robot mode and actually looks like he can move fast and hit hard.
I like this!

Both Magni are awesome! They are both the best Magnus for their intended purpose. MP is a work of art, and captures all the great things of Magni past. This Magnus is an amazing figure in all his rebooty splendor. Proof that old characters stand the test of time and deserve aesthetic updating.
The Leader toy will probably be the one I grab off the shelf more often, because he is just that. A toy, meant to withstand the rigors of play on the fly, and a well engineered one at that.
The MP's transformation is a thing of beauty, and is awesome on his heft and beefiness alone, but Leader is much more user friendly.

But between MP and CW/LG you can't go wrong with either. If you can't have both, you gotta have at least one. :D
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:26 am

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:29 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:Legends LG19 Springer - http://tfsource.com/legends-series/lg19-springer/

TT ditched the yellow chest?
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:33 am

fenrir72 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Legends LG19 Springer - http://tfsource.com/legends-series/lg19-springer/

For show-accuracy's sake.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:55 am

I like my hasbro Springer. The colors are a little bit more lively :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-19 Springer Revealed

Postby ScottyP » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:48 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Takara Tomy is keeping us busy this Friday morning, and the latest reveal to share is LG-19, a new release of the very popular Generations Springer mold. However, this new version replaces much of the yellow with green, especially on the chest, to evoke an appearance more similar to his animation model. Images of the toy, received via our site sponsors, are mirrored below.

Springer is expected to be released in February of 2016, and you can secure your preorders now at TF Source, Big Bad Toy Store, and Robot Kingdom. Reply to this news post to let your fellow Seibertronians know if you'll be adding this new variant to your Springer collection, and keep it locked here as we keep paddling down this morning's river of news!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby RhA » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:04 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
...wel.

That kicks ass.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Doctor McGrath » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:07 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

For show-accuracy's sake.

He's beautiful.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Speed: 8
Courage: 7

Postby Starsaber468 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:39 am

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Its meh but that green is a little overpowering... i prefer the hasbro one
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:47 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
I'm genuinely lost on this one. Quick someone tell me how to feel!
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby RhA » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:49 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
steals_your_goats wrote:I'm genuinely lost on this one. Quick someone tell me how to feel!

You feel good about this. You want one. You only feel he's a tad skinny, but you'll take 3 anyway.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon Hasbro 2022 New"
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINER MEGATRON + SENATOR RATBAT Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
MINER MEGATRON + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERTRON Transformers Legacy United Voyager Class Prime Hasbro 2024 New"
THUNDERTRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD HAULER Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager Hasbro 2022 New"
ROAD HAULER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRASHMASTER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkon Hasbro 2023 New"
TRASHMASTER Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON