This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby RAR » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:30 pm

I've always had trouble getting many a Brainstorm toy to come out looking correct they often got to blue or to green when photographed.

And some things that are blue go purple. it happens on all my cameras to one degree or another and I have plenty of cameras (as I keep tripping over them at Carboot sales for next to nothing so I seem to be accidentally collecting them).

That said the Fuji I got recently is more accurate the the Olympus I was using previously it's slightly older but was more expensive when new but despite some quirks with the flash it seems better. I've used it mainly inside though - I'll try it outside see if the blue refraction of the sky causes any oddities in colour or not.

Anyway way regarding Springer - yes I'd be interested in the upper image if he looks like that in person the latest images are pretty frightening looking however. If I was a retailer I'd alter them in a image manipulation program before using them they are that bad.

if the colours are better in person I do actually like the layout more than the previous one in some ways - the pale green is nicer than the silver-grey to me.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
RAR wrote:I've always had trouble getting many a Brainstorm toy to come out looking correct they often got to blue or to green when photographed.

And some things that are blue go purple. it happens on all my cameras to one degree or another and I have plenty of cameras (as I keep tripping over them at Carboot sales for next to nothing so I seem to be accidentally collecting them).

That said the Fuji I got recently is more accurate the the Olympus I was using previously it's slightly older but was more expensive when new but despite some quirks with the flash it seems better. I've used it mainly inside though - I'll try it outside see if the blue refraction of the sky causes any oddities in colour or not.

Anyway way regarding Springer - yes I'd be interested in the upper image if he looks like that in person the latest images are pretty frightening looking however. If I was a retailer I'd alter them in a image manipulation program before using them they are that bad.

if the colours are better in person I do actually like the layout more than the previous one in some ways - the pale green is nicer than the silver-grey to me.

Same with the original UM and the Legends. That blue plastic of his looks different from the real thing compared to the images posted.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Video Review - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG17 Blackarachnia

Postby Abejorro1997 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:43 pm

Motto: "As those children's sport coaches on Earth always say, "It's not about winning or losing, it's about having fun", & watching you suffer is all the fun I need."
Weapon: Blinding, Corroding Black Beam Gun
Va'al wrote:We have seen in-hand images of the recently released Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Blackarachnia - which retools slightly the Animated toy to fit the Beast Wars aesthetic - but thanks to fellow Seibertronian grimdragon2001, we also have a video review, mirrored below for your viewing pleasure! Take a look, and see what you think of this new version of the character.

:???: There were already at least nine reviews of this figure on Youtube that came out before this one (excluding one in Spanish). The first was by tfrWLDNAS on October 30. There were also videos by major reviewers TJOmega, Emgo316, & Optibotimus on November 4, 5 & 6 respectively. Why publicize this review that came out so late in the game? There are also 4 reviews of Nightbird and 7 reviews of Slipstream.
All Hail Lord Starscream!
Abejorro1997
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:54 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Abejorro1997 wrote:
Va'al wrote:We have seen in-hand images of the recently released Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Blackarachnia - which retools slightly the Animated toy to fit the Beast Wars aesthetic - but thanks to fellow Seibertronian grimdragon2001, we also have a video review, mirrored below for your viewing pleasure! Take a look, and see what you think of this new version of the character.

:???: There were already at least nine reviews of this figure on Youtube that came out before this one (excluding one in Spanish). The first was by tfrWLDNAS on October 30. There were also videos by major reviewers TJOmega, Emgo316, & Optibotimus on November 4, 5 & 6 respectively. Why publicize this review that came out so late in the game? There are also 4 reviews of Nightbird and 7 reviews of Slipstream.
Were any of those reviews reported to the news staff?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby william-james88 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:54 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Sabrblade wrote:
Abejorro1997 wrote:

Were any of those reviews reported to the news staff?

Yeah, we can only news what we know so if ever you come across a review on youtube for a new figure that hasnt been newsed yet, Abejorro1997, please contact us and send us a link of the video. We will even give you a news credit if its good :) You can click the link in my signature to get to the contact page
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Video Review - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Slipstream

Postby Va'al » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:25 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Adding to the review of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Blackarachnia video review from earlier this week, we also have - via Decepticon Sunstorm - a look at wave mate Slipstream, which uses the Windblade mold, with retooling (including new head) and a new paint scheme. Check it out below, courtesy of YouTuber emgo316.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

How to transform Transformers Legends (LG 17) Blackarachnia without a chest gap

Postby william-james88 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:20 pm

Quite a few fans were let down by Transformers Legends (LG-17) Blackarachnia because of one thing, a chest gap. Every reviewer has been quite adamant about pointing it out, here is a sample of screencaps from reviews all around from TJ Omega to honoured friends of ours on these boards.

They actually happen to be all transformed incorrectly. This toy should have no gap and when this figure was first introduced to us, Takara themselves had properly transformed it.

While the instructions don't specify just how far you have to push the chest piece up, it turns out you can push it until there is no gap. The new tooling allows the chest to extend upwards beyond markings.

Almost everyone is lifting it to here:

But you can keep pushing it up and it actually keeps sliding and then locks into place leaving no gap:

This was actually found in Emgo's review of the figure.

So there are a few lessons to learn from this. One being that there can never be too many reviews or reviewers and secondly that we should have more faith in Takara. I now feel foolish for having doubted them but my love for this figure and them has only grown because of this. I hope you will all better enjoy your figure as I do.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Re: How to transform Blackarachnia without a chest gap

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:23 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
william-james88 wrote:Not sure if this should be front paged or not since the instructions don't show it but the Blackarachnia toy is designed so that there is no gap on the chest. The new tooling allows the chest to extend upwards beyond markings.

The instructions indicate that you should lift it to here:

But you can keep pushing it up and it actually keeps sliding and then locks into place leaving no gap:

Let me know if this is known or if it should be newsed. The images were taken from Emgo's review.

YES! YES! A THOUSAND TIMES, YES! Billy-J, you just saved this figure for me! I thought something was really off about that gap. Glad to know Takara's engineering didn't let us down after all! :)
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:28 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:
YES! YES! A THOUSAND TIMES, YES! Billy-J, you just saved this figure for me! I thought something was really off about that gap. Glad to know Takara's engineering didn't let us down after all! :)

Haha, it made a world of difference, I will touch up my post and make some news of it. It seems almost every reviewer is blasting this figure for something that isnt true.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:48 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
william-james88 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Haha, it made a world of difference, I will touch up my post and make some news of it. It seems almost every reviewer is blasting this figure for something that isnt true.

Reason's why Emgo is a great reviewer and one of my favs! :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7

Postby Burn » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:57 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
People couldn't work that out?

Seriously ... even without reading the instructions I saw the gap, and just pushed the chest higher.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby padfoo » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:13 pm

Weapon: Concussion Cannon
Burn wrote:People couldn't work that out?

Seriously ... even without reading the instructions I saw the gap, and just pushed the chest higher.

I don't usually jump on the bandwagon, but this was obvious to me too.
padfoo
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:22 pm

padfoo wrote:

I totally agree that something was obviously wrong. But I really didnt know what to do to get it right since the amount of force needed was quite big. As the article shows, I did my research to see what was the right way to do it, I didnt just accept the figure as it was. But still, I can understand how some people gave up. Collectors dont want to break their figures and can thus be more hesitant about exerting too much force.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Whifflefire » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:22 pm

Motto: ""From Primus Every Help""
Weapon: Gattling Gun
That's funny, I was just watching Emgo's review of this toy today. Kudos, Emgo.
Whifflefire
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Triplechanger_Jet and Car
Strength: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby Randomhero » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:58 pm

william-james88 wrote:
padfoo wrote:

I totally agree that something was obviously wrong. But I really didnt know what to do to get it right since the amount of force needed was quite big. As the article shows, I did my research to see what was the right way to do it, I didnt just accept the figure as it was. But still, I can understand how some people gave up. Collectors dont want to break their figures and can thus be more hesitant about exerting too much force.

Same. I haven't own the animated mold for years and the first I transformed BW blackarachnia I saw the gap and said "this looks...off...wait doesn't her chest push up?" Boom. Total difference. It is a little scary however because those boobs are clear plastic and I was worried about cracking but if you just raise them down and apply pressure to the spider head you push it as far as needed.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Mkall » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:15 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Congratulations, just when I thought I was done fondling her, I had to do it some more. This girl requires some force...

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby megatronus » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:17 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Mkall wrote:Congratulations, just when I thought I was done fondling her, I had to do it some more. This girl requires some force...

This is likely the most disturbing and/or eyebrow-raising thing I've ever read on these boards.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:26 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Mkall wrote:Congratulations, just when I thought I was done fondling her, I had to do it some more. This girl requires some force...

:shock: :BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS: :lol: :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5

Postby william-james88 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:28 pm

Mkall wrote: This girl requires some force...

Said the man an hour before he was taken in by the authorities.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Rainmaker » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:36 pm

Motto: "Nobody can escape the rain"
Weapon: Acid Rainmaker Rifles
Yay, Emgo is my favourite but he seems underrated. :(
Rainmaker
Brainmaster
News Credits: 9
Alt Mode: Acidmaker
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:29 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Well, after having the time to try the proper chest transformation myself, I can say it improves the gap, but doesn't eliminate it. You can still see it from any angle that isn't straight on, like if you look from above. Plus, there is now a small gap in her abdominal area as well. So, you can either have a big gap up top, or two much smaller gaps above her chest and below it. Still, it definitely saved this Blackarachnia figure for me.

Note: My figure's chest doesn't really "lock" into place when pushed up all the way. In fact, it's a very squishy stop, if you know what I mean. I pushed hard as hell to get it just a bit further up, but it's a no go. Sometimes, after trying to pose my figure or fiddle with the spider legs in the bag, the chest will kind of sag back down again, requiring another "lift."
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Firepower: 2

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:02 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun

Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Firepower: 6

Postby deathdrive » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:27 am

The gap isnt the real problem with this figure though.. the damn plastic choices are. The soft plastic is even worst off than the original animated mold. The ones on the shins especially omfg they will tear off some day i swear. The whole place faith in takara thing because they are millions of times better than hasbro thing is idiotic. Both companies make mistakes but takara is always more expensive and sometimes that extra expense is just not worth it.
deathdrive
Mini-Con

Postby grimdragon2001 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:53 am

Motto: "Battle is my addiction."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
i tried this chest fix for black arachnia, it dosnt work for me. everytime i push up, the chest pushes back. infact i worry about breaking her everytime i try, those chest pieces are translucent plastic after all and for this fix, you have to apply a lot of force directly to them very close to the ball sockets.

i do have a much simpler and safer alternative though. Black Arachnia's transformation joints bless her with a very nice ab crunch, and you can use that joint to arch her back a bit more and hide the gap in her chest. true the gap is still there, but it wont be as easily noticed and you dont need to put excessive force on the toy
grimdragon2001
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Watch grimdragon2001 on YouTube
Buy from grimdragon2001 on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:10 am

deathdrive wrote:The gap isnt the real problem with this figure though.. the damn plastic choices are. The soft plastic is even worst off than the original animated mold. The ones on the shins especially omfg they will tear off some day i swear. The whole place faith in takara thing because they are millions of times better than hasbro thing is idiotic. Both companies make mistakes but takara is always more expensive and sometimes that extra expense is just not worth it.

No, thats a myth, Takara is the same price as Hasbro in Japan, it just costs more for some peole because they need to import it and shipping costs depend on where you live. That has NOTHING to do with how much Takara is charging, they are charging the same or less.

Hasbro Devastator Toysrus: $ 169.99

Takara Devastator Amiami: $ 152.10

Oh wait, Hasbro's is more expensive here my bad.

So think about it, if Takara is charging the same amount but always giving you more paint apps or extras, then Hasbro is the company that is actually more expensive since you are paying the same price for a product which has less. You just take the abuse blindly because your other choise is to import.

grimdragon2001 wrote:i tried this chest fix for black arachnia, it dosnt work for me. everytime i push up, the chest pushes back. infact i worry about breaking her everytime i try, those chest pieces are translucent plastic after all and for this fix, you have to apply a lot of force directly to them very close to the ball sockets.

It can be done, just just have to push the chest up while using her back as support (like your fingers are giving the figure a huf). Watch EMGO's video for help, it really works.

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #10 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Baker (W) Budiansky 210422C"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 0723IM803 4E (CA) Martinez (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 1A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #17 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010O"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 JUN230377 3C (CA) Mali (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231222H"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #23 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD ERA 23B JUN200583 (CA) Baumgartner"
TRANSFORMERS #23 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #10 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 APR200733 10B (CA) Deer"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REGENERATION ONE #100 CE IDW Comics 2014 100CE convention 230207B"
Transformers REGEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM465 6B (CA) Ward (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs TERMINATOR #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 APR200727 4B (CA) Montfort"
TRANSFORMERS vs TE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222C"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231010S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #1 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915C"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON