This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:17 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Yeah, TR Quickswitch was just stupid. "Let's pass Sixshot off as Quickswitch instead of going for the Autobot who actually IS a retool and redeco of Sixshot!"
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Once again, I'll defend Titans Return Quickswitch. Yes, he would be better if he were a new mold, or more extensively remolded to give him his classic G1 modes, or even just moderately remolded, like keeping the new helmet that we saw in the original mock-ups or retooling the wolf head to look more like a puma. But what we have is pretty nice it its own right. The paintwork on the figure is EXTENSIVE. There's a lot of appreciated effort just there. Plus, it doesn't take much to mess around with the "official" transformation for robot mode and make a few critical alternations to his sillouhette to differentiate him more from Six Shot on your shelves. I fold the back wings down to hide them, keep the shoulder/pectoral wings tucked away, and turn the shoulder pylons around to make the wheels face the backwards. The result looks VERY much like G1 Quickswitch in robot mode, if he were redesigned to look less awkwardly chunky. As a bonus to anyone getting Takara's Six Shot release, that will make Quickswitch's helmet more distinct looking as well since Takara opted to retool their Six Shot's helmet. TR Quickswitch is more than meets the eye.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:38 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Sabrblade wrote:given how slavishly reverent Takara is to the source material.

Right, because Galvatron was a headmaster in G1 too ;)
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:21 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:given how slavishly reverent Takara is to the source material.

Right, because Galvatron was a headmaster in G1 too ;)
He is now. :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Stuartmaximus » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:26 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
Wolfman Jake wrote:Once again, I'll defend Titans Return Quickswitch. Yes, he would be better if he were a new mold, or more extensively remolded to give him his classic G1 modes, or even just moderately remolded, like keeping the new helmet that we saw in the original mock-ups or retooling the wolf head to look more like a puma. But what we have is pretty nice it its own right. The paintwork on the figure is EXTENSIVE. There's a lot of appreciated effort just there. Plus, it doesn't take much to mess around with the "official" transformation for robot mode and make a few critical alternations to his sillouhette to differentiate him more from Six Shot on your shelves. I fold the back wings down to hide them, keep the shoulder/pectoral wings tucked away, and turn the shoulder pylons around to make the wheels face the backwards. The result looks VERY much like G1 Quickswitch in robot mode, if he were redesigned to look less awkwardly chunky. As a bonus to anyone getting Takara's Six Shot release, that will make Quickswitch's helmet more distinct looking as well since Takara opted to retool their Six Shot's helmet. TR Quickswitch is more than meets the eye.

Hmm.....dunno :-?

because they're just reusing the same alt modes...means that this Quickswitch doesn't have his hydrofoil(hovercraft) mode
which made that destinctive to Quickswitch & not Sixshot...but....maybe...just maybe...someone'll be able to fanmode one ;) who knows?
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby Ultra Markus » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:30 am

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Thought I had on the throne, what if the remolding to Six Shot is to prepare for a greater retool into Great Shot?
Not sure how it would be. Greatshot has a very different helmet from the one Takara made for their Sixshot, and regardless of that new helmet there would stiil need to be further retooling to give Greatshot his unique chestplate, shoulders, and rhino head.

Wouldn't sixnight be more likely because quickswitch was released in that boxed set
Considering how poor a representation of Quickswitch that TR Quickswitch was, being a mere head retool of Sixshot rather than a brand new completely different mold, I doubt Takara would even attempt to use any version of the Sixshot mold to make Sixknight, given how slavishly reverent Takara is to the source material.
yeah but takara could just do some minor retool to make sixnight more accurate rather than doing extensive retools for greatshot
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Kurona » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:33 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Thought I had on the throne, what if the remolding to Six Shot is to prepare for a greater retool into Great Shot?
Not sure how it would be. Greatshot has a very different helmet from the one Takara made for their Sixshot, and regardless of that new helmet there would stiil need to be further retooling to give Greatshot his unique chestplate, shoulders, and rhino head.

Wouldn't sixnight be more likely because quickswitch was released in that boxed set
Considering how poor a representation of Quickswitch that TR Quickswitch was, being a mere head retool of Sixshot rather than a brand new completely different mold, I doubt Takara would even attempt to use any version of the Sixshot mold to make Sixknight, given how slavishly reverent Takara is to the source material.
yeah but takara could just do some minor retool to make sixnight more accurate rather than doing extensive retools for greatshot

Sixknight would require far, far, far more retooling than Greatshot.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Ultra Markus » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:41 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Kurona wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

how so if they use the TR quickswitch Figure I don't see much more retooling needed
Ultra Markus
Gestalt

Postby Kurona » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:12 pm

Ultra Markus wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

how so if they use the TR quickswitch Figure I don't see much more retooling needed

Because TR Quickswitch doesn't look like Quickswitch or Sixknight. If we're going the route of ignoring the molding changes they'd need, then by this logic they could simply do up Sixshot in Greatshot colours with no molding differences -- and that would be more accurate to Greatshot than TR Quickswitch is to Quickswitch.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Ultra Markus » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:35 pm

Kurona wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Because TR Quickswitch doesn't look like Quickswitch or Sixknight. If we're going the route of ignoring the molding changes they'd need, then by this logic they could simply do up Sixshot in Greatshot colours with no molding differences -- and that would be more accurate to Greatshot than TR Quickswitch is to Quickswitch.

Yeah but none of these figures from hasbro or takara are 100 percent toy or show accurate anyway sure some look closer than others and some are way off why would this be any different
Ultra Markus
Gestalt

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:40 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
You know all this talk while we all know the truth deep down: Six Knight will probably not be released anyway.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Ultra Markus » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:09 pm

william-james88 wrote:You know all this talk while we all know the truth deep down: Six Knight will probably not be released anyway.

Your right! probably not gonna happen
But ya never know :-?
Have we been surprised before?
Ultra Markus
Gestalt

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:16 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Ultra Markus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:You know all this talk while we all know the truth deep down: Six Knight will probably not be released anyway.

Your right! probably not gonna happen
But ya never know :-?
Have we been surprised before?

We have been, admittedly. Like recently, Ramhorn is a straight retool of Shuffler, so the chances of a TakaraTomy release was slim, or we thought. Lo and behold Legends Clouder:

Works surprisingly well, especially with the rhino head decoed as the vulture.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:26 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Ultra Markus wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Yeah but none of these figures from hasbro or takara are 100 percent toy or show accurate anyway sure some look closer than others and some are way off why would this be any different
Takara at least tries for 100% with what they have to work with, though, even if they can only achieve 90% or even 80%. With the Sixshot mold, though, they wouldn't even bother trying to make it into Sixknight since Sixshot and Sixknight have completely different silhouettes in every regard. A Sixshot wearing Sixknight's colors does not make a proper Sixknight, it simply makes a Sixshot wearing Sixknight's colors, just like how TR Quickswitch just resembles a Sixshot wearing Quickswitch's colors (even if they are very pretty colors) instead of actually looking like Quickswitch.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:22 am

Attachments
new legends.jpg
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:25 am

Cyberpath wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:Hmmm, maybe it means that he'll be packed with another Titan Master like the smaller figures have so far.
Kurona wrote:That might make sense -- though in that case, who would it be? I can't think of any significant human, nebulon or otherwise tiny partner of Octane in the cartoon unless they're making Sandstorm.

The head of Starscream's ghost? Or maybe Skuxxoid? :))

:-D
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Albatross250 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:32 am

Motto: "Operation: T E R M I N A T I O N"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
Kurona, ready your news report

HEY! PERCEPTOR GOT A SHUFFLER VEHICLE, NEAT!
Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank
Courage: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:36 am

Albatross250 wrote:Kurona, ready your news report

HEY! PERCEPTOR GOT A SHUFFLER VEHICLE, NEAT!

I have grown predictable :-(
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Albatross250 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:40 am

Ooops sorry about that Kurona :oops:

image from TFND, Yes, Spike is totally Cerebros from The Rebirth, it can link Via Fortress Maximus whether if its :HASBRO: or :TAKARATOMY: versions.
Last edited by Albatross250 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior

New images of Transformers Legends Bumblebee, Slugslinger, Perceptor and Octane

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:40 am

Fellow board member Cyberpath has brought to our attention a certain post on Figsoku's blog concerning some new entries in the Transformers Legends line - namely, we finally have pictures of LG54, LG55, LG56 and LG57 -- Takara's versions of Bumblebee, Slugslinger, Perceptor and Octane respectively! While they are only shown in robot mode for now, this gets us not only a great look at the deco changes; but also a little look at Slugslinger's Targetmaster, Bumblebee's Titan Master partner - Spike in an exo-suit - Perceptor wielding a Titan Master weapon redecoed from Ramhorn... and the fact that Octane comes with a bonus Titan Master who appears to be based on Starscream's ghost! Check out the images below and tell us what you think in the forums!

Edit: And thanks to fellow board member Albatross250, we have a post from TFND's facebook which shows off Bumblebee's Vehicle mode and the fact that Titan Master Spike turns into the head of the American version of Cerebros; AKA Headmaster of Fortress Maximus!

Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:46 am

I could only credit one person so I had to give it to Cyberpath. Sorry Albatross :(
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Albatross250 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:51 am

Kurona wrote:I could only credit one person so I had to give it to Cyberpath. Sorry Albatross :(

It's fine,i don't mind it anyway~ :lol: Oh right, by the way, Spike can also link into Fort Max's Head in :TAKARATOMY: or :HASBRO: versions. Although the Clear Plastic is really spooks me out :shock:
Last edited by Albatross250 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:52 am

LG54 Bee has clear windows and silver rims, they really upgrade his look.

Kind of disappointed that they didn't give Perceptor a new head/face-sculpt. Whoever keeps sculpting these extreme cheekbones (MP-11, MP-12, UW04-Hook, etc) -- stop.
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Albatross250 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:53 am

Cyberpath wrote:LG54 Bee has clear windows and silver rims, they really upgrade his look.

Kind of disappointed that they didn't give Perceptor a new head/face-sculpt. Whoever keeps sculpting these extreme cheekbones (MP-11, MP-12, UW04-Hook, etc) -- stop.

At least he got a very smol RHINO
EDIT: THAT'S RAMHORN BTW, SHOOT! #-o
Last edited by Albatross250 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:53 am

Cyberpath
City Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr G 1:7 Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230249 5G (CA) Moss"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "USAGI YOJIMBO #30 IDW Comics 2022 JUN221681 (W/A/CA) Sakai"
USAGI YOJIMBO #30 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #3 Cvr E 1:50 IDW Comics 2023 MAY231435 3E (CA) Beals"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #11 Cvr H 1:7 Dynamite Comics 2024 AUG230323 11H (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #4 Cvr D RI 1:25 IDW Comics APR231622 4D Sakai"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Rangers UNLIMITED HYPERFORCE #1 Cvr C 1:10 Boom Studios Comics 1C"
Power Rangers UNLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #149 Cvr B IDW Comics 2024 JAN241248 149B Turtles Ongoing (CA) Eastman"
NEW!
TMNT #149 Cvr B ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "USAGI YOJIMBO #18 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JAN210508 18RI (W/A) Sakai (CA) Meyer"
USAGI YOJIMBO #18 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Rangers UNLIMITED COINLESS #1 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics 2023 APR230356 1C"
Power Rangers UNLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #147 Cvr E 1:50 RI IDW Comics 2024 OCT231358 147E Turtles Ongoing Eastman"
TMNT #147 Cvr E 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #4 Cvr G 1:25 Boom Studios Comics 2023 JAN230393 4G (CA) Di Meo"
MMPR TMNT II #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr K 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230267 12K (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #140 Cvr D 1:25 IDW Comics APR231611 140D Turtles Ongoing (CA) Reis 230627A"
TMNT #140 Cvr D 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR 30TH ANNV SPECIAL #1 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2023 JUN230419 (CA) Mora"
MMPR 30TH ANNV SPE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on AMAZON