This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby Relic0037 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:58 am

Motto: ""More than Meets the Eye, although my eyesight isn't what it used to be!""
Weapon: Slingshot
BBTS has it up for preorder already at $259.99. Better than the scalper eBay prices...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/V ... m_content=
Relic0037
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:00 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
DeathReviews wrote:As usual, Takara paints them better. The hasbro version is fairly plain by comparison.

I dont find hasbro's Overlord plain at all. I actually was thrown off by it at first because it was too vibrant by going full G1 toy on it.

RAR wrote:I'm still patiently waiting for a Metro Titan.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Kurona » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:12 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
I'm assuming Takara's next wave'll throw in everyone left. Seaspray, Decepticon Clone Set, Jumpstarter Set and Windblade. Seaspray'll probably come with a Titan Master and Windblade with a Titan Master Vehicle.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby o.supreme » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:13 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Relic0037 wrote:BBTS has it up for preorder already at $259.99. Better than the scalper eBay prices...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/V ... m_content=

Nice, finally got my wish granted...sort of. I was really hoping Hasbro would do a rerelease, but $270 is way better than 300-400 for a 2013 version at all different levels of completeness/used condition
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:13 am

william-james88 wrote:
DeathReviews wrote:As usual, Takara paints them better. The hasbro version is fairly plain by comparison.

I dont find hasbro's Overlord plain at all. I actually was thrown off by it at first because it was too vibrant by going full G1 toy on it.

RAR wrote:I'm still patiently waiting for a Metro Titan.

Yeah the stickers good quality or bad they do make him pop and the blue outlining on the heat helps.

Hasbros thing is whether you like it or not toy color schemes. Why? Who knows.

I was wondering last night why don't they let Takara partake a little more in the design side. Hasbro is getting the Ginrai retool of PM Optimus and we've gotten wildrider, groove and slingshot and while sometimes it's a cost thing like Prime Breakdown I dont understand why they don't work together on some of the designs. Legends six shot and overlord really don't add anything to the production cost except Overlords second Titan master which if he fine with not getting two from Hasbro is he had one of those faces and that helmet so I don't understand why Takara doesn't pipe in during the early production and say "how about this instead?"
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Kurona » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:16 am

I agree. It becomes especially more notable when Takara's paint schemes are very incompatible with the mold and its sculpted details; making the pairing of deco and figure seem a bit... off. I think that's what's put me off a lot of Takara's figures more than anything else. ... aside from, y'know, not having the money :oops:
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:00 am

Kurona wrote:I agree. It becomes especially more notable when Takara's paint schemes are very incompatible with the mold and its sculpted details; making the pairing of deco and figure seem a bit... off. I think that's what's put me off a lot of Takara's figures more than anything else. ... aside from, y'know, not having the money :oops:

I agree, that was especially apparent with Soundwave and his forearms which just looked so off.

Anyways, what I find super odd is that when John Warden came onboard, he collaborated with takara like never before in the brand's history with many T30 design being co designs with takara.

List of John Warden collborations with takara:

T30

Brainstorm (with Yūya Ōnishi)
Roadbuster (with Takashi Kunihiro)
Sky-Byte (with Miyake Tomoya, the design was actually 100% Takara)
Jetfire (with Takashi Kunihiro)

Combiner Wars

Ultra Magnus (with Takashi Kunihiro)
Devastator (with Shogo Hasui doing most of it)
Protectobot Hot Spot (with Takashi Kunihiro)
Protectobot Rook (with Shogo Hasui)

And aside from Devastator (which hasbro asked takara to lower the parts count for), none of these have different tooling. So I dont know what gives with the sudden shift.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box

Postby william-james88 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:11 am

Japanese Twitter users @Gadepon, @JUS_in_FSS and @ripetakobozu have posted our first look at the LG-43 Legends Trypticon box with the finished Trypticon toy perched on top of it. While lighting is always a factor, it really seems like there are no discernible deco difference between this Trypticon and the Hasbro release. Cool box though!

william-james88
News Staff

Postby o.supreme » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:29 am

*stares at Getter Robo and Great Mazinger toys...* looks right...oh hey Trypticon, neat! ;)
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Kurona » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:30 am

The Mighty Trypticon, in all his glory... sellotaped to a cardboard box.

"Danger! Please don't touch!" yeah, or else Trypty'll fall on you and smash your head in.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:33 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I wonder if the Japanese fandom had yet heard about the QC issues with the Hasbro version of Trypticon. If the Takara version is the same, Japan might be in for a few unpleasant surprises.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Randomhero » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:35 am

He looks so naked without the stickers.

I only did a third of my stickers. I quit 3 times trying to apply them.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:00 am

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
DUDE! Hasbro Reissue, please!!!!

I kid you not, Metroplex did not come to my area AT ALL. ANYWHERE.

If this ends up getting a PotP reissue, I will feel significantly more confident in my theory about the future of the Generations line.
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
News Credits: 14
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Strength: 3
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Courage: 4
Firepower: 8

Postby o.supreme » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:08 am

DecepticonFinishline wrote:DUDE! Hasbro Reissue, please!!!!

I kid you not, Metroplex did not come to my area AT ALL. ANYWHERE.

I believe you 100%, because I'm in the same situation (well I was told it was at a Costco near me during the 2013 holidays, but I never found any proof of that...)

So yeah a Hasbro reissue would be nice, but I figure this is the next best thing. Its not being released until March of 2018. So I can pre-order now, and if Hasbro does make an announcement in the interim I can cancel.

Usually I prefer TT over Hasbro, especially when it comes to Combiners, but the price point of Titans just makes the Hasbro ones much more desirable. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the Japanese Fort max, but the price is just too steep. As many have stated however, there does not seem to be that much of a discernible difference between Hasbros TR Trypticon and TT Legends Dinosaurer.
Last edited by o.supreme on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Randomhero » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:14 am

I wouldn't put too much money on a hasbro metroplex reissue. That would mean we wouldn't be getting scorponok or that rumored predaking for 2018
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Aimless Misfire » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:15 am

Sabrblade wrote:I wonder if the Japanese fandom had yet heard about the QC issues with the Hasbro version of Trypticon. If the Takara version is the same, Japan might be in for a few unpleasant surprises.

Notice they removed the chest piece that holds Full Tilt? Because that panel won't stay closed from the weight. Soft bendy plastic. Mine is warped. So it looks like it will probably have the same issues as the Hasbro version.
Aimless Misfire
Minibot

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:17 am

It's been brought to my attention that, with this Metroplex reissue being released in the Legends line, he might come with a new pack-in comic of his own. :shock: :KREMZEEK:

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:21 am

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Randomhero wrote:I wouldn't put too much money on a hasbro metroplex reissue. That would mean we wouldn't be getting scorponok or that rumored predaking for 2018

I assumed the one-titan-per-year was mostly about cutting production costs rather than the financial burden on the fans.

Maybe I'm a little too cynical, but I can see Hasbro releasing/rereleasing two Titans in the same year.
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
News Credits: 14
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Strength: 3
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Courage: 4
Firepower: 8

Postby RiddlerJ » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:22 am

I'm a little surprised Legend's Trippy doesn't come with anything extra. not even a little Brunt to go along.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby william-james88 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:26 am

RiddlerJ wrote:I'm a little surprised Legend's Trippy doesn't come with anything extra. not even a little Brunt to go along.

so much for that extra catapult people were excited about :twisted:

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Desslok2201 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:31 am

Aimless Misfire wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I wonder if the Japanese fandom had yet heard about the QC issues with the Hasbro version of Trypticon. If the Takara version is the same, Japan might be in for a few unpleasant surprises.

Notice they removed the chest piece that holds Full Tilt? Because that panel won't stay closed from the weight. Soft bendy plastic. Mine is warped. So it looks like it will probably have the same issues as the Hasbro version.

I put a thin bead of silicon adhesive on the back of the chest piece (where the purple tabs go in on the back) and it worked wonders and is invisible
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby o.supreme » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:35 am

Sabrblade wrote:It's been brought to my attention that, with this Metroplex reissue being released in the Legends line, he might come with a new pack-in comic of his own. :shock: :KREMZEEK:

the description on BBTS does mention a comic. I never had the first one form TT, so I wasn't aware this was a new thing.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:39 am

o.supreme wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:It's been brought to my attention that, with this Metroplex reissue being released in the Legends line, he might come with a new pack-in comic of his own. :shock: :KREMZEEK:

the description on BBTS does mention a comic. I never had the first one form TT, so I wasn't aware this was a new thing.
The Japanese Generations line didn't have pack-in comics.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Cyberpath » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:54 am

The clones, just the bot-mode this time --

Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Randomhero » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:54 am

DecepticonFinishline wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I wouldn't put too much money on a hasbro metroplex reissue. That would mean we wouldn't be getting scorponok or that rumored predaking for 2018

I assumed the one-titan-per-year was mostly about cutting production costs rather than the financial burden on the fans.

Maybe I'm a little too cynical, but I can see Hasbro releasing/rereleasing two Titans in the same year.

It's more of an annual thing than anything else. Yeah cost is a thing but a titan is also meant to be the crown gem of the line. Plus he doesn't have a gimmick to go with titan masters or prime masters. Could they add a feature? Sure but the you got production costs on retooling and then it's not just simply a repaint or release It's gonna have to go through the safety's tests again which is more costs. It's more plausible to have one release than two.
Randomhero
Gestalt

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SNOTTY STEM Transformers BotBots Series 4 Season Greeters Hasbro 2020 flower pot"
SNOTTY STEM Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Kre-o Battle Changer Building Toy Hasbro 2015 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GOOB TOOB Transformers BotBots Series 1 Techie Team 2018 Hasbro tv television"
GOOB TOOB Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPER BUBS Transformers BotBots Series 5 Hibotchi Heats bubble tea Hasbro 2020"
SUPER BUBS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TANGRY TART Transformers BotBots Series 3 Arcade Renegades sour lollipop 2019"
TANGRY TART Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BROCK HEAD Transformers BotBots Series 2 Greaser Gang 2019 broccoli veggie pizza"
BROCK HEAD Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATSBY Transformers BotBots Series 1 Jock Squad 2018 Hasbro Baseball Bat"
BATSBY Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SLIPSTREAM Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 Hasbro 2020 New"
SLIPSTREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXCESSORY Transformers BotBots Series 3 Swag Stylers purse backpack handbag 2019"
EXCESSORY Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GOLDIEBITES Transformers BotBots Series 5 Goldrush Winner's Circle ball cap 2020"
GOLDIEBITES Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 Hasbro 2019 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MISS MIXED Transformers BotBots Series 4 Wilderness Troop Hasbro 2020 mixed nuts"
MISS MIXED Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TOOL BAG Transformers BotBots Series 2 Shed Heads 2019"
TOOL BAG Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POINT DEXTER Transformers BotBots Series 1 Backpack Bunch 2018 Hasbro Pencil"
POINT DEXTER Trans ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON