This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Generation 2 Optimus And Masterpiece Soundwave Reissued Under Year Of The Goat Platinums

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Generation 2 Optimus And Masterpiece Soundwave Reissued Under Year Of The Goat Platinums

Postby Bounti76 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:42 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
MP Soundwave is a great figure but really, HasTak? Clear and ORANGE? Who thought that was a good idea? If anyone knows if this deco is rooted in any G1 obscurity, please, by all means, tell me and I'll keep quiet. Otherwise, I feel like they have a shelfwarmer like Platinum Edition Starscream on their hands.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 379
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Generation 2 Optimus And Masterpiece Soundwave Reissued Under Year Of The Goat Platinums

Postby Ginrai Minor » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:02 am

Motto: "All will cease to function in time, peace will then exist."
Weapon: Sword of Fury
Being a 90s goat baby I gotta have a G2 goat Prime....it just feels right. Hope he's easy to find.
Ginrai Minor
Vehicon
Watch Ginrai Minor on YouTube
Buy from Ginrai Minor on eBay
Strength: N/A
Speed: N/A

Postby Bouncy X » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:23 am

i just fast forwarded through to see what the toy looked like but wow....this person does reviews with a puppet? interesting. lol
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby Shockwave7 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:56 pm

Unless this thing glows like h#(( under a black light, I ain't buyin'.......
Shockwave7
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:17 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Ginrai Minor wrote:Being a 90s goat baby I gotta have a G2 goat Prime....it just feels right. Hope he's easy to find.

Go to BBTS, buy, enjoy.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Seibertron » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:28 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Ginrai Minor wrote:Being a 90s goat baby I gotta have a G2 goat Prime....it just feels right. Hope he's easy to find.

Go to BBTS, buy, enjoy.

I can't find YOTG Optimus Prime or Masterpiece Soundwave on BBTS no matter which keywords I search for. Are they selling these?
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Arctorro » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:42 pm

Motto: ""A beast form is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Battle Blades
Seibertron wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Go to BBTS, buy, enjoy.

I can't find YOTG Optimus Prime or Masterpiece Soundwave on BBTS no matter which keywords I search for. Are they selling these?
I tried BBTS a while back and didn't find them either, so don't think they are carrying them. I looked elsewhere and found them for a reasonable price at RK.

That caused me to shift a few pre-orders to RK and the money I saved on paying U.S. import prices to import to Aust covered most of the cost for Soundwave, so I could justify buying him :DANCE:

william-james88 wrote:So that would also be the case for Predaking, who is also six members.
Arctorro
Godmaster
News Credits: 10
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:18 pm

It's that simple."
Seibertron wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Go to BBTS, buy, enjoy.

I bet they just haven't got them yet. So far, they had ALL of the Year Of Something TFs and I don't see why they would stop to have them now.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:30 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
-Kanrabat- wrote:I bet they just haven't got them yet. So far, they had ALL of the Year Of Something TFs and I don't see why they would stop to have them now.

Possibly because they haven't been selling well or because they aren't as "exclusive" to a particular retailer as once was thought.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:34 pm

It's that simple."
Seibertron wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:I bet they just haven't got them yet. So far, they had ALL of the Year Of Something TFs and I don't see why they would stop to have them now.

Possibly because they haven't been selling well or because they aren't as "exclusive" to a particular retailer as once was thought.

Well, let's hope that "exclusivity" bullshit get removed from that series. This way, more retailers will be able to sell the figures.
Like Walmart, who will sell ANY toys to Quebec, language on the box be damned.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Lockdownhunter » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:17 pm

Motto: "There are no strings on me!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Molds are great :D but colours are god awful. :sad:
Lockdownhunter
Combiner
News Credits: 3
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:39 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
-Kanrabat- wrote:Well, let's hope that "exclusivity" bullshit get removed from that series. This way, more retailers will be able to sell the figures.
I sincerely doubt that places like Target or Walmart (U.S. ones, that is) would want to sell any of the Platinum Edition toys. The way I see it, the main reason TRU is the only store that carries the Platinum Editions, the Hasbro Masterpieces, and other big expensive collector-oriented TF figure is because TRU is the only retailer willing to carry them.

Remember when Walmart had the MP Starscream and MP Skywarp that Hasbro put out? Both of those shelfwarmed out the wazoo. Whereas Hasbro's later MPs seem to sell a lot better at TRU.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Bounti76 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:24 am

Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Well, let's hope that "exclusivity" bullshit get removed from that series. This way, more retailers will be able to sell the figures.
I sincerely doubt that places like Target or Walmart (U.S. ones, that is) would want to sell any of the Platinum Edition toys. The way I see it, the main reason TRU is the only store that carries the Platinum Editions, the Hasbro Masterpieces, and other big expensive collector-oriented TF figure is because TRU is the only retailer willing to carry them.

Remember when Walmart had the MP Starscream and MP Skywarp that Hasbro put out? Both of those shelfwarmed out the wazoo. Whereas Hasbro's later MPs seem to sell a lot better at TRU.

Back before I became a more serious collector, I never really knew what the MP line was. But I was at Walmart one night and found a few MP Skywarps on the shelf. He was my favorite Decepticon when I was a kid, so I scanned it, thinking if it was on sale, I'd buy it.

$7 on clearance. =P~

I kick myself now for not getting the other two, but they must have shelfwarmed pretty badly to have been marked down that far.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 379
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Firepower: 6

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:50 am

It's that simple."
Sabrblade wrote:

Maybe not in store, but at least online. I got my Platinum Predaking at Walmart.ca, so...

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Ginrai Minor » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:17 am

Motto: "All will cease to function in time, peace will then exist."
Weapon: Sword of Fury
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Go to BBTS, buy, enjoy.

Oh I will when they show up somewhere good sir!

I'm a pretty stubborn kid I'll find one.
Ginrai Minor
Vehicon
Watch Ginrai Minor on YouTube
Buy from Ginrai Minor on eBay

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:51 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Sabrblade wrote:

Why did that happen with the Wal-mart released MP's? Was it a matter of Wal-mart over-ordering versus the actual consumer demand? Or was it a problem with distribution, where some areas got way too much product and others got next to nothing? It would be interesting to know why Wal-Mart failed so hard while TRU figured out how to keep demand high.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Firepower: 2

Postby Cobotron » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:57 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Bounti76 wrote:I kick myself now for not getting the other two,

Me too, but I found them for $19.99. Just glad I got myself one.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:54 am

Wolfman Jake wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Why did that happen with the Wal-mart released MP's? Was it a matter of Wal-mart over-ordering versus the actual consumer demand? Or was it a problem with distribution, where some areas got way too much product and others got next to nothing? It would be interesting to know why Wal-Mart failed so hard while TRU figured out how to keep demand high.
If I had to guess, I'd be inclined to believe it being due to the different types of customers who shop at each. Walmart's known for having lower prices than most stores, so it's probably expectant of those who shop at Walmart for anything to spend less money than they would at other places. And not necessarily on toys since the toy section is but one part of a much wider selection of goods.

TRU, however, is a place that not only focuses primarily on selling toys, but is also known for being higher-priced than most places. So a customer who shops there would be expected to spend more money in that store than they would if they were to shop for toys elsewhere. Thus, higher-priced items like MPs and Platinums would make more sense to be carried by the store that already deals with big-spending customers.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby megatronus » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:07 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Bounti76 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Back before I became a more serious collector, I never really knew what the MP line was. But I was at Walmart one night and found a few MP Skywarps on the shelf. He was my favorite Decepticon when I was a kid, so I scanned it, thinking if it was on sale, I'd buy it.

$7 on clearance. =P~

I kick myself now for not getting the other two, but they must have shelfwarmed pretty badly to have been marked down that far.

I know what you mean. I remember getting 2 Armada Unicrons on clearance for $13 each from Target. There were 2 left, and I felt the same way - totally should have gotten the other 2.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Transformers Masterpiece Year Of The Goat Soundwave Cassettes on eBay

Postby mooncake623 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:18 pm

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
eBay seller pakonline has posted Transformers Masterpiece Year Of The Goat Soundwave Cassettes foe sale on eBay! This only means one thing, these are due to be released very soon. You can check out the auctions here. Also keep an eye out for when our site sponsors get these up for preorder as well, and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates.

UPDATE:

Updating on this story from earlier, You can order the full set of the YOTG Soundwave and YOTG Prime on eBay here and here. For those that can't wait, here it is! Let us know on the forums if you will be picking yours up today!
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Strength: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby blacklai » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:44 pm

The ebay seller stole pictures from my original post.
For detail detail gallery, please check my original post.

http://blacklai1979.blogspot.tw/2014/12/2015-year-of-goat-platinum-edition.html

blacklai
Mini-Con
News Credits: 8

Postby megatronus » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:29 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
I'm so unreasonably/irrationally excited for YOTG Soundwave. It's weird and I love it.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Arctorro » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:55 am

Motto: ""A beast form is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Battle Blades
megatronus wrote:I'm so unreasonably/irrationally excited for YOTG Soundwave. It's weird and I love it.

You're not the only one, can't wait to get him. Seems like I just might be turning into a MP Soundwave collector, assuming they use the mould again.

william-james88 wrote:So that would also be the case for Predaking, who is also six members.
Arctorro
Godmaster
News Credits: 10
Speed: 9
Firepower: 9

Postby RiddlerJ » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:42 am

While I have no interest in the YOTG Soundwave, the cassettes might be a different story since they could stand in for different characters. Ravage looks a little like Glit there.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr I 1:15 B&W Dynamite Comics Disney DEC220627 3I (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS HIGH REPUBLIC #1 3rd ptg Marvel Comics 2021 NOV208764 (CA) Noto"
STAR WARS HIGH REP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #6 Cvr D RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2023 JAN231621 6D 6RI (CA) Rosanas"
STAR TREK #6 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars BOUNTY HUNTERS #30 var Marvel Comics 2023 NOV220837 (CA) Laming"
Star Wars BOUNTY H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars WAR BOUNTY HUNTERS #1 var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2021 APR21094 (CA) Larraz"
Star Wars WAR BOUN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #2 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2023 JUN230663 2D (CA) Danino"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DOCTOR APHRA #21 var Japanese Marvel Comics 2022 MAR221112 (CA) Zama"
Star Wars DOCTOR A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SONIC THE HEDGEHOG SCRAPNIK ISLAND #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 SEP221709 2RI C"
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek Motion Picture ECHOES #5 Cvr C 1:10 IDW Comics JUL231233 5C Villiger"
Star Trek Motion P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr F Dynamite Comics 2023 APR230454 7F (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DARTH VADER #30 Marvel Comics 2023 OCT221173 (CA) Rahzzah (W) Pak"
Star Wars DARTH VA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DARTH VADER #31 Marvel Comics 2023 NOV221025 (CA) Rahzzah (W) Pak"
Star Wars DARTH VA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars HALCYON LEGACY #1 var Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210946 (CA) Ferry"
Star Wars HALCYON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS #13 Marvel Comics 2021 MAR210663 (W) Soule (A) Rosanas (CA) Pagulayan"
STAR WARS #13 Marv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON