This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Kre-O Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Kre-O Battle Changers In-Hand Images

Postby Noideaforaname » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:37 am

RiD, these transforming ones, the Cowboy Optimus/Knight Megatron/Pirate Starscream things... anything post-AoE.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:58 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Noideaforaname wrote:RiD, these transforming ones, the Cowboy Optimus/Knight Megatron/Pirate Starscream things... anything post-AoE.

Really? I was thinking that these would be released closer to the TV debut of the RID cartoon. I'm surprised these were supposed to be out soon.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Samsonator » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:16 am

Motto: ""Death is the only way out.""
Weapon: Sword of Fury
chuckdawg1999 wrote:If you see Starscream and Grimlock let me know
When next I pop out to a TRU I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Samsonator: I swear I'm still here! Yes, I know it's been fourteen years...
Toy reviews on YouTube? Don't mind if I do!
I build model kits on Twitch, too!
Samsonator
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch Samsonator on YouTube
Alt Mode: Tank
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Skill: 7

Video Review - Kre-O Battle Changers Bumblebee

Postby Va'al » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:25 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Last time, he brought us Optimus Prime, but today, fellow Seibertronian chuckdawg1999 has shared a video review of another Kre-O Battle Changer: Bumblebee! Check out the embedded video below, and let us know if you're interested in these little fellows, currently only around in Canada.

After Prime I wasn't sure about The Bee but I have to say the build was nicer resulting in a solid bot with decent articulation. As mentioned in the video care should be used while transforming the arms as I don't feel the shoulder balls are made of the sternest stuff. Bumblebee is a much better kit overall and I would recommend it over Optimus as a first purchase.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:37 am

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
I reviewed Battle Changers Grimlock on my twitter account! He's brilliant, I just wish he came in G1 colours instead. Not too much of an issue, he's still awesome. Looking at Optimus and Bumblebee, I'd have to say that I'll probably go for Starscream instead of those two.

TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:33 am

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
I have been asked to post my review of Battle Changers Grimlock here. So I shall! :D

I was surprised to find Kre-O Battle Changers Grimlock at my local Toys R' Us during my Boxing Day toy store rampage.

Grimlock was released in Canada in late 2014, although they are listed as not being available until Spring 2015. Hasbro seems to be doing some wacky things with their release dates when Canada and the UK get releases BEFORE the US does. Grimlock is an 82 piece set who's colours more match the Age of Extinction toy than the G1 toy. This doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. He stands roughly 10cm (4in) tall in dino mode, and there's no storage for his weapon, unless you want to stick it in his tiny dino hands (which I do).

Grimlock transforms exactly as you'd expect him to. The head and sides of the dino mode are attached to the same spinal component and all fold back and down. His lower portion swings forward to form legs and feet, and the dino legs twist at the knee to form his robot arms. Pretty standard in terms of a recognizable G1 accurate Grimlock transformation!

His robot mode stands just shy of 9cm (3 1/2 inches), and looks exactly how a Kre-O Grimlock should! Again, the colour looks more like AoE Grimlocks' colours, but that doesn't bother me one bit. The helmet actually bothers me a little more with the fact that, instead of using a new helmet design, they use one of the generic Kre-O helmet designs. I guess I can't be TOO mad at that since it still looks like the guy, though.

The face and torso have tampographed details while the sword, shoulders, and the grey pieces on the sides of the shins have stickers. They're alright stickers, I was honestly reluctant to put them on at first, because I thought he'd look better with them off, but nah, he looks better this way! The articulation is surprisingly awesome! I wish all regular Transformers were as bendy as him!

In relation to other Kre-O figures, I'd say he's the right size! They come up to about thigh level to him. I'm one of those nut bars who like things to be a certain scale to each other, and I think this scale works for Kre-O Grimlock!

I saw Optimus, Bumblebee, and Starscream at the Toys R' Us as well. I knew Grimlock was also going to be released with them, but I didn't see him until after I started digging. He was buried in the back of the shelf. Good thing I found him or I might have had to settle for getting one of the ones I was less enthusiastic for. First world problem averted! :D :KREMZEEK:

Pick him up when you see him. After seeing Bumblebee and Optimus, I'd say this one is definitely the winner of the first wave. Hopefully there'll be more releases after this. I'd love to see Megatron given the same treatment!
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 3

Pictorial Review - Kre-O Transformers Battle Changers Grimlock

Postby Va'al » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:59 am

Why not have some more Kre-O Transformers Battle Changers reviews for the weekend? Thanks to fellow Seibertron.com member Fires_Of_Inferno, Canada-dweller with easier access to the figures for now, we take a look at Dinobot leader Grimlock in his brick form, including some thoughts and size comparisons - check it out below!

Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I have been asked to post my review of Battle Changers Grimlock here. So I shall! :D

I was surprised to find Kre-O Battle Changers Grimlock at my local Toys R' Us during my Boxing Day toy store rampage.

Grimlock was released in Canada in late 2014, although they are listed as not being available until Spring 2015. Hasbro seems to be doing some wacky things with their release dates when Canada and the UK get releases BEFORE the US does. Grimlock is an 82 piece set who's colours more match the Age of Extinction toy than the G1 toy. This doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. He stands roughly 10cm (4in) tall in dino mode, and there's no storage for his weapon, unless you want to stick it in his tiny dino hands (which I do).

Grimlock transforms exactly as you'd expect him to. The head and sides of the dino mode are attached to the same spinal component and all fold back and down. His lower portion swings forward to form legs and feet, and the dino legs twist at the knee to form his robot arms. Pretty standard in terms of a recognizable G1 accurate Grimlock transformation!

His robot mode stands just shy of 9cm (3 1/2 inches), and looks exactly how a Kre-O Grimlock should! Again, the colour looks more like AoE Grimlocks' colours, but that doesn't bother me one bit. The helmet actually bothers me a little more with the fact that, instead of using a new helmet design, they use one of the generic Kre-O helmet designs. I guess I can't be TOO mad at that since it still looks like the guy, though.

The face and torso have tampographed details while the sword, shoulders, and the grey pieces on the sides of the shins have stickers. They're alright stickers, I was honestly reluctant to put them on at first, because I thought he'd look better with them off, but nah, he looks better this way! The articulation is surprisingly awesome! I wish all regular Transformers were as bendy as him!

In relation to other Kre-O figures, I'd say he's the right size! They come up to about thigh level to him. I'm one of those nut bars who like things to be a certain scale to each other, and I think this scale works for Kre-O Grimlock!

I saw Optimus, Bumblebee, and Starscream at the Toys R' Us as well. I knew Grimlock was also going to be released with them, but I didn't see him until after I started digging. He was buried in the back of the shelf. Good thing I found him or I might have had to settle for getting one of the ones I was less enthusiastic for. First world problem averted! :D :KREMZEEK:

Pick him up when you see him. After seeing Bumblebee and Optimus, I'd say this one is definitely the winner of the first wave. Hopefully there'll be more releases after this. I'd love to see Megatron given the same treatment!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:29 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
If gold is the color of royalty, then him Grimlock king!
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Noideaforaname » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:52 am

Slapping that SEIBERTRON.COM on someone's pic review? *smh*

The scale-junky in me wants to see them do BIG Transformers out of these. Don't really need giant versions of figures I already have.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Really? I was thinking that these would be released closer to the TV debut of the RID cartoon. I'm surprised these were supposed to be out soon.

Err, I think we're getting confused. From my perspective, anything unreleased is "NEW." There haven't been any new Kre-O stuff here, the US, since AoE premiered. These Battle Chargers, by the sounds of things, were *supposed* to have been released here months ago. Since they haven't, I'm making a general statement about all unreleased-in-the-US/"new" Kre-O.
Noideaforaname
City Commander

Postby Va'al » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:07 pm

Noideaforaname wrote:Slapping that SEIBERTRON.COM on someone's pic review? *smh*

It wasn't intentional, but I've been arguing with my connection since Thursday - so there it stays for now. [-(
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:56 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
The Kre-O display at Toy Fair 2015 was small but not without its own reveals. We get a nice look at the Kreon Warriors and Sideswipe Roadway Rundown set. Also on display at Toy Fair 2015 were new Kre-O sets including Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound and Shockwave. Blitzwing and Drift are triple changers.

-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: The Official Kre-O Discussion Thread

Postby Noideaforaname » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:14 pm

No pics of the Bumblebee and Optimus combiners?

Blitzwing coming with 3 heads sure is handy since I have a regular custom Blitswing that'd love a crazy face. But a metallic gold helmet? Odd.

Looks like they combined just about every Drift into that one. Colors/chest based on MtMtE, triple changer like Movie, minions like RiD.

And those "Warriors" are getting a second wave. Too bad most of them are repeat characters. Looks like some of them have hair. Uh...

Kreon are going weird and totally away from what got people hooked on.
Noideaforaname
City Commander

Postby Zeedust » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:11 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Noideaforaname wrote:Looks like they combined just about every Drift into that one. Colors/chest based on MtMtE, triple changer like Movie, minions like RiD.

I think the only one they missed is Shattered Glass Drift, and since he's a FunPub character who never appeared in anything anyway, and trying to include him would probably make things confusing, I can see why they skipped him.

I'm just surprised they picked Drift, with those modes I'd have expected Springer.
Zeedust
City Commander
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Postby Editor » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:21 pm

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
I was hope for an announcement for at least one more line of micro-changers with the new combiner characters, Alpha Bravo, Rook, Offroad and such to mash into our existing Kre-o combiners.

That said trying to push an 8th guy onto Superion may be hard.
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/team_view.php?id=27919
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
Editor
City Commander
News Credits: 9
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby ScottyP » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:57 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Noideaforaname wrote:No pics of the Bumblebee and Optimus combiners?

Hmm, weird, thought I had sent those through. Sorry about that! The connection in there was a bit rough.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Va'al » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:59 pm

ScottyP wrote:

Hmm, weird, thought I had sent those through. Sorry about that! The connection in there was a bit rough.

We got some in the later galleries though! :D

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... als/32225/
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:10 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Va'al wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Ah, there it is! http://www.seibertron.com/events/fullsi ... &image=110
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:12 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
ScottyP wrote:
Va'al wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Ah, there it is! http://www.seibertron.com/events/fullsi ... &image=110

That's just dumb, but i kinda like it :lol:
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3

Postby Noideaforaname » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:59 pm

Yeeeess!
I think this if my favorite reveal. It's just plain absurd, the kind of thing people joke about, but I got a list of Kreons that could use those very same helmets (which won't be used in combined mode), so inexplicably it's both a stupid novelty and a highly useful set.

Now the trouble is can I even find it.
Noideaforaname
City Commander

Postby Editor » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:49 am

3 out of 4 of those heads on Bumblebees limbs seem to be in a great deal of pain..... But that one leg is having a blast.
Editor
City Commander
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay

Postby Va'al » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:59 am

Editor wrote:3 out of 4 of those heads on Bumblebees limbs seem to be in a great deal of pain..... But that one leg is having a blast.

You have any idea how hard it is for me not to imagine them screaming with pain/joy every time I look at the image, now..?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products

Postby Va'al » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:10 am

It isn't over yet! For all the Kre-O fans out there, Seibertron.com has uploaded a gallery showcasing the new direction that the line is going into revealed by Hasbro at Toy Fair 2015, from Battle Changers, to Warriors, to the disturbingly amusing Bumblebee and Optimus Prime combiners - check them all out by clicking on any of the images below.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby RAcast » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:31 am

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Noideaforaname wrote:Image
Yeeeess!
I think this if my favorite reveal. It's just plain absurd, the kind of thing people joke about, but I got a list of Kreons that could use those very same helmets (which won't be used in combined mode), so inexplicably it's both a stupid novelty and a highly useful set.

Holy crap, what is even this? :lol: I saw the Optimus made out of tiny Optimii before I noticed the GIGANTIC Bumblebee with little screaming heads for limbs! #-o

To be fair...it is Bumblebee...
Old fasioned games!
And new fashioned friends!
Come on everybody this is Ta-ble Flip!
RAcast
City Commander
Strength: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10

Postby dragons » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:02 am

RAcast wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:Image
Yeeeess!

Holy crap, what is even this? :lol: I saw the Optimus made out of tiny Optimii before I noticed the GIGANTIC Bumblebee with little screaming heads for limbs! #-o

To be fair...it is Bumblebee...

funny thing is hasbro beat us fans to it none of us fans would have thought to make to make combiner out of all movie bumblebees that are on shelfs :APPLAUSE:
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Editor » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:29 am

Va'al wrote:
Editor wrote:3 out of 4 of those heads on Bumblebees limbs seem to be in a great deal of pain..... But that one leg is having a blast.

You have any idea how hard it is for me not to imagine them screaming with pain/joy every time I look at the image, now..?

You good Sir.
Are welcome.

So to quickly review this piece:
:-? + :cry: + :-s + :sad: + :DANCE: = :michaelbay:
Editor
City Commander
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METROPLEX Transformers Legacy Cybertron Universe Titan Class Hasbro 2022 New"
METROPLEX Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Legacy United Core Beast Machines Hasbro 2024 New"
NEW!
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BULKHEAD Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BULKHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KNOCK-OUT Transformers Legacy Deluxe Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
KNOCK-OUT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WAR DAWN ERIAL + DION Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack Hasbro 2023 New"
WAR DAWN ERIAL + D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSMETAL II MEGATRON Transformers Legacy Evolution Leader Beast Wars New"
TRANSMETAL II MEGA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINER MEGATRON + SENATOR RATBAT Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
MINER MEGATRON + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DREADWING Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-57 Leader Prime Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DREADWING Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON