This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview

Postby Hotrod » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:00 pm

Just last week the first issue of New Avengers/Transformers was released. Now Comic News International has posted small preview of New Avengers/Transformers #2. New Avengers/Transformers #2 is due out August 1st. View the preview here. Get all the latest news on the New Avengers/Transformers in the Seibertron.com Comics Section.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:11 pm

This is real good artwork!

I just think it's funny how loose roster for The Avengers is, I'm suprized BatMan isn't a member too at this point!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby waaaaghlord » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:18 pm

I take it that the bot between Skywarp and Blitzwing is the new character that IDW's pushing with this book and a forthcoming Spotlight. Did he get introduced in #1 or will this be the first appearance? I'm not generally that enthused with crossover titles, but since Chris Ryall's said that this fits into the main IDW continuity I guess I'll be giving it a look at some point.
waaaaghlord
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Postby Hotrod » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:23 pm

waaaaghlord wrote:I take it that the bot between Skywarp and Blitzwing is the new character that IDW's pushing with this book and a forthcoming Spotlight. Did he get introduced in #1 or will this be the first appearance? I'm not generally that enthused with crossover titles, but since Chris Ryall's said that this fits into the main IDW continuity I guess I'll be giving it a look at some point.

He was not in #1. Any guesses as to who he is? The only problem I see with #2 right now is the cover. Prowl looks good but Wolverine looks really, really bad.
Hotrod
City Commander

Postby waaaaghlord » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:29 pm

From the IDW boards I gather that he's a totally new character and will be playing an ongoing role in the IDWverse, beyond that no idea.
waaaaghlord
Gestalt

Postby 1337W422102 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:35 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Awful cover. Why is the Blob wearing Wolverine's costume?
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Hotrod » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:39 pm

1337W422102 wrote:Awful cover. Why is the Blob wearing Wolverine's costume?

The Blob wants to feel some love?
Hotrod
City Commander

Postby waaaaghlord » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:42 pm

Hotrod wrote:The Blob wants to feel some love?

There's so much wrong with that sentence that I don't even know where to begin. Then again 'blob' as a coloquialism is probably just a Brit thing.
waaaaghlord
Gestalt

Postby i_amtrunks » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:34 pm

Nothing in these previews is inspiring me to even think about purchasing this series. The cover art alone is a great reason to skip it.

Nice to have a new bot thrown in here and there though.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Down_Shift » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:23 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
The body of the robot looks like Double Dealer... but with IDWs trade mark tinkering to make him look original. Which for the most part, they pull of. But there's something about the art I just don't like.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby MYoung23 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:33 pm

It's funny. I looked at the preview before reading the thread and wondered who that Decepticon was between Blitzwing and Skywarp.

Everyone else wondered the same thing I see.

The new guy looks more Cybertronian than the others like he hasnt an Earth mode yet. That's just my impression. I cant tell what his alt mode may be.

IDW loves them some Runabout and Runamuck.

I guess Im one of the few Stunticons fans.
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Down_Shift » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:40 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
MYoung23 wrote:IDW loves them some Runabout and Runamuck.

I guess Im one of the few Stunticons fans.

I'm confused by this statement. Do you think that the mucks are Stunticons or are you just pronouncing your love of the Stunticons :???:

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:11 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
waaaaghlord wrote:

There's so much wrong with that sentence that I don't even know where to begin. Then again 'blob' as a coloquialism is probably just a Brit thing.

The Blob was an M-day victim, rolls of skin, hanging off a skinny body basically.

The mysterious bot kind of looks like Dreadwind to me. :-?
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:40 pm

tigertracks 24 wrote:
waaaaghlord wrote:

The Blob was an M-day victim, rolls of skin, hanging off a skinny body basically.

That Blob/M-Day statement is the coolest thing I heard all day!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:46 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Liege Evilmus wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:
waaaaghlord wrote:

I read it, saw a pic, in one of the recent recaps in X-Men, Endangered Species maybe..?

X-Men all just runs together for me. :???:
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:04 pm

tigertracks 24 wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:
waaaaghlord wrote:

I read it, saw a pic, in one of the recent recaps in X-Men, Endangered Species maybe..?

Dam, call me stupid, but I tough M-Day was something from a (real) war.

But on the note of Marvel, growing up, I'd only buy Marvel, now it ALL runs together for me. All their stories have the implication of consiquence, but nothing ever lasts long enough for the meaning to hit.

And once they started letting the movies dictate the art (Spider-Man back in his black suit now, hmm wonder why) I was just out.

I have very recently(like this weekend) started buying some new TF TPBs and I have to say, although they seemed rushed, they are really good. The only thing I got and realy didn't like was the Galvatron Spotlight. I don't like the change they made to him by seperating him from Megatron, and I kinda thought the tie-ins to the other stories out there right now(although maybe meaningful) took away from the rampage I was hoping for.

But otherwise, real good stuff!

Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Bass X0 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:35 pm

out of a cast of hundreds, there should never be any need for a completely new warrior. high council members i can understand being created for a comic but whoever this new blue guy is, i am sure an existing transformer toy could have been used instead and not seem out of place.
Bass X0
Fuzor
News Credits: 11

Postby skeletal13 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:39 pm

Liege Evilmus wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:
waaaaghlord wrote:

But on the note of Marvel, growing up, I'd only buy Marvel, now it ALL runs together for me. All their stories have the implication of consiquence, but nothing ever lasts long enough for the meaning to hit.

And once they started letting the movies dictate the art (Spider-Man back in his black suit now, hmm wonder why) I was just out.

I stopped buying Marvel back around the early 90s when Chris Claremont and Jim Lee left X-Men. The books were focusing too much on the art, and less on the story. At least with DC, even if the art was crappy, you were usually getting some decent writing.
skeletal13
Micromaster

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:55 pm

skeletal13 wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:
waaaaghlord wrote:

I stopped buying Marvel back around the early 90s when Chris Claremont and Jim Lee left X-Men. The books were focusing too much on the art, and less on the story. At least with DC, even if the art was crappy, you were usually getting some decent writing.

Yeah, right about then, maybe a year into the start of IMAGE is when I gave up.

I remember all the die-cut covers and polybaged editions that made you wanna get doubles just killed it for me.

As for DC, I can respect the characters, but outside of some one shots like "The Killing Joke" or "Kingdomcome" I just couldn't get into the continuities. DC characters always seemed to perfect to me.

Marvel at least had character flaws and things like that which made them seem more real.

But yeah, thats when I stopped. I had a brief revival when I worked in a Barnes & Nobels and was able to steal them, but that ended quick.

My friend Jing always kept me in te loop, and to this day I still write and draw my own(any backers out there?). But fanatical collecting is something I now reserve for TF toys.

I am looking to get as many TF TPBs as possible now though as the stories are good. I know they come out in monthly issues, but I'd rather just get the stories in one shot nowadays.

Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby jgilkinson » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:32 pm

looks sweet. From the prev i guess some of the aveng dont know the bots are on their sides... Ms Marvel (or whatever) hit Prime... that bi***
jgilkinson
Pretender
News Credits: 1

Postby Hairball178 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:36 pm

I'd say the new Transformer turns into a car. I don't think it could be Doubledealer, but he is already a part of the IDW-verse in the Hot Rod spotlight. I doubt it'd be Dreadwind because more often than not, wherever he is there is also Darkwing.

I'm betting on him being Punch/Counterpunch.
Hairball178
Combiner

Postby steve2275 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:01 am

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
looks great
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Dark Ops » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:48 am

Motto: "Learn from the past, but don't get lost in it."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
waaaaghlord wrote:I take it that the bot between Skywarp and Blitzwing is the new character that IDW's pushing with this book and a forthcoming Spotlight. Did he get introduced in #1 or will this be the first appearance? I'm not generally that enthused with crossover titles, but since Chris Ryall's said that this fits into the main IDW continuity I guess I'll be giving it a look at some point.

That bot between Skywarp and Blitzwing sure looks and awful lot like Twin-Twist to me.
Dark Ops
Minibot
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Repugnus » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:11 am

Hairball178 wrote:I'd say the new Transformer turns into a car. I don't think it could be Doubledealer, but he is already a part of the IDW-verse in the Hot Rod spotlight. I doubt it'd be Dreadwind because more often than not, wherever he is there is also Darkwing.

I'm betting on him being Punch/Counterpunch.

Yeah, I'd say it's a safe bet it's not Doubledealer since he looks nothing like he did in the Hot Rod Spotlight. But then again, they're using a (thankfully) different design for Bumblebee than EJ Su's redesign, so who knows. But still, I'm gonna say no.

My first gut instinct when I saw it was Darkwing, but then I noticed he didn't have the wings on his head. And he also looks completely different than his awesome DonFig design in Stormbringer, so unless that's some crappy Earth-mode they gave him, that's another no on that one.

Is it wrong that I don't like the idea of it being an all new character? I mean, we've got hundreds of G1 characters to choose from (not to mention G2 since the Galvatron spotlight seems to have opened up that door), so why not use a character who already exists rather than make a new one. Seriously, everytime I see an "all-new" character, all I can think is "cannon fodder."
Check out my DA gallery: http://loganprime.deviantart.com
"Down with sparks!!"
Repugnus
Mini-Con
News Credits: 4

Postby waaaaghlord » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:06 am

Without non toy characters in TF comics we wouldn't have had Emirate Xaaron, Lord Straxus, Impactor, The Fallen or the legions of redshirt bots that Furman just loves to send screaming to the Pit in droves. New comic characters are a long standing tradition and have the bonus of not coming with any baggage associated with them from previous continuities. So long as it's not overdone I don't see too much of a problem with IDW bringing some new bots into the mix. Spotlight Hotrod was full of redshirts.
waaaaghlord
Gestalt

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 4A GI JOE 0124IM247 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0124IM327 7B (CA) Bellegarde (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JUL200573 3B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1223IM855 (CA) Howard"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM476 5A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1A 0623IM807 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B GI JOE 1123IM273 (CA) Ortiz (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #9 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 MAR200813 9B (CA) Williams (A) Kelly (W) Allor"
GI JOE #9 Cvr B ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #1 One-Shot Cvr A Image Comics 2023 Hama cut 221208C"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721C"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #299 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 299RI (CA) Royle 231010M"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Rock N Roll Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM896 (CA) Howard"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222D"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON