This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Combiner Wars Devastator - So Big It Needs Its Own Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Devastator - So Big It Needs Its Own Thread

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun May 31, 2015 5:50 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
RhA wrote:Yes. I really want to see this review. My inner geek is screaming.

Works fine for me, it just takes a long while to load (it's an hour long!) and I got two commercials before that. It doesn't stream properly though as it likes to pause.

I'm using FireFox with all the necessary addons.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby MelRains » Sun May 31, 2015 6:58 am

Those boys may have derpy arms, but dat ankle tilts.
MelRains
Micromaster

Postby peaces » Sun May 31, 2015 7:31 am

wow, youku is the biggest piece of **** in history
peaces
Vehicon

Postby Yotsuyasan » Sun May 31, 2015 7:42 am

Motto: "No matter where you go, there you are."
I am still not feeling this Devastator.

That airborne-kicking-Metroplex pic shows that the combined form has excellent poseability... Overall, the combined mode looks pretty great. (Except I think the Mixmaster foot looks a bit small.)

And the vehicle modes.. five of the six are pretty great. (Again, not feeling Mixmaster.)

But I just still feel that too much was sacrificed on the individual robot modes. I know that they probably had to do this to stay on budget. But still, it feels lacking to me.

Maybe if the figure was smaller, so that the gestalt was about the same size as other Combiner Wars gestalts, the flaws in the individual robot modes would seem more forgivable. (And then, also, I wouldn't have the problem I do with his size!)

For many people, this will be a great Devastator. And for those people, I am happy that this exists. But for me... Well, I'm just glad that I'd already gone with another (third party) option before this was ever announced. (I don't like going third party when there is an official option.)

Boy Scouts ½: The adventures of five members of Boy Scout
Troop 192 who, after a trip to China, have lives full of change...

Yotsuya's Shipyard: Star Trek Style Starship
Schematics, Designed by Yotsuya

Yotsuya's Reviews: text & photo Transformers toy reviews!
Featuring the "Classics" Toy Catalogue Project!
Yotsuyasan
Brainmaster
Strength: 2
Speed: 3
Firepower: 2
Skill: 7

Postby Starsaber468 » Sun May 31, 2015 7:43 am

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
I am using a mobile phone and i live in the us but i have to hse the link but the link works just fine for me
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Gallifreyan Autobot » Sun May 31, 2015 7:53 am

Motto: "The war is not won by who is toughest it is about courage and how smart one is"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
Not sure why but I feel a energon demolisher vibe from long haul .

But it's probably me...
Autobot tap out wrote:
i hope y'all realize once Va'al gets back from wherever and reads these post insulting his favorite character , somebody's not going to be a happy camper :roll: >:oP

LOST Cybertronian wrote: He is currently tied up in the Seibertron.com basement. When we see fit to let him go, you can be sure he will give his opinions on the subject.

D-Maximus_Prime wrote: I thought the Daleks had him? :BOT:

Hellscream9999 wrote: They do

The truth is revealed :shock:
Gallifreyan Autobot
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby no-one » Sun May 31, 2015 8:19 am

peaces wrote:wow, youku is the biggest piece of **** in history

Yeah? How many courics would you give it?

Edit: it's working just fine for me. I'm using mobile chrome. I'm also skipping around with no problems.
Last edited by no-one on Sun May 31, 2015 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby mattwhite924 » Sun May 31, 2015 8:22 am

Wow, that video player is all sorts of terrible.

I guess I didn't realize how hollow they actually are. I guess it makes sense given it's size, you wouldn't want any more weight than absolutely necessary.

Also that dude's fingernails grossed me out. O_o
mattwhite924
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby william-james88 » Sun May 31, 2015 8:25 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
mattwhite924 wrote:Wow, that video player is all sorts of terrible.

I guess I didn't realize how hollow they actually are. I guess it makes sense given it's size, you wouldn't want any more weight than absolutely necessary.

I also caught his fingenails, they startled me in a way.

Well, this confirms what I previously said, the kibble forearms are stored on the back of long haul.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby no-one » Sun May 31, 2015 8:32 am

william-james88 wrote:
mattwhite924 wrote:Wow, that video player is all sorts of terrible.

I also caught his fingenails, they startled me in a way.

Well, this confirms what I previously said, the kibble forearms are stored on the back of long haul.

Good call. What is that black thing that folded up from Bonecrusher's Butt?

These guys are awesome as all get out. I'm loving that bow action Scrapper is sporting.
Last edited by no-one on Sun May 31, 2015 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby shajaki » Sun May 31, 2015 8:35 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
That guy sure took his time transforming them... I wonder if they'll do a combining video follow up? :-?
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Gearslide » Sun May 31, 2015 8:40 am

Motto: "Go with the flow"
Weapon: No Weapon
It can't be coincidence that there's enough designed features and details on Mixmaster to make him work either as a flat nose cab with front exit bucket, or long nose cab with rear exit bucket (i.e. Geewun).
Gearslide
Combiner
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Sun May 31, 2015 8:48 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Gearslide wrote:It can't be coincidence that there's enough designed features and details on Mixmaster to make him work either as a flat nose cab with front exit bucket, or long nose cab with rear exit bucket (i.e. Geewun).

I felt that too.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby dragons » Sun May 31, 2015 8:50 am

shajaki wrote:That guy sure took his time transforming them... I wonder if they'll do a combining video follow up? :-?

know exaclty what your talking about, felt i was watching video on articualtion only on any voayger class figure from any toy series stop showing articluation we all know how they move they all move same way energon, classics, cybertron, beast wars, waste of time pointless show off articualtion combiner wars optimus prime

Yotsuyasan wrote:I am still not feeling this Devastator.

That airborne-kicking-Metroplex pic shows that the combined form has excellent poseability... Overall, the combined mode looks pretty great. (Except I think the Mixmaster foot looks a bit small.)

And the vehicle modes.. five of the six are pretty great. (Again, not feeling Mixmaster.)

But I just still feel that too much was sacrificed on the individual robot modes. I know that they probably had to do this to stay on budget. But still, it feels lacking to me.

Maybe if the figure was smaller, so that the gestalt was about the same size as other Combiner Wars gestalts, the flaws in the individual robot modes would seem more forgivable. (And then, also, I wouldn't have the problem I do with his size!)

For many people, this will be a great Devastator. And for those people, I am happy that this exists. But for me... Well, I'm just glad that I'd already gone with another (third party) option before this was ever announced. (I don't like going third party when there is an official option.)

true if i had choose i still perfer titant class devastator smaller class combiners look short and stumpy arms are longer than legs bend them over on all fours look like gorillas, devastator looks normal his aarms go above knee joint not past knee joint as defensor and others. devastator will be one combiner i buy. if there was way to extend legs out longer on smaller combiners i buy them

dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby YoungPrime » Sun May 31, 2015 8:51 am

Uh, yeah, I'll just wait for the English dubbed version. :-(
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby Black Bumblebee » Sun May 31, 2015 8:57 am

I can see a lot of 3rd party upgrade kit potential in this guy's future. There is some good stuff with this Devie, but it feels like it started out being a lot more advanced, and was later scaled backwards with features cut to save on costs. Take for example Hook's hook not being able to extend. A simple enough fix, and it's hollowness shows that it wouldn't have been that big of a feature to include... but cut to save costs.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sun May 31, 2015 9:30 am

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
The more pix I see, the happier I am with this guy.
Yes, there are a few issues, but still, overall this is incredible.

For a while I thought I was going to hold-out and save up for Green Giant. I originally liked the bulked-up look, and at the time, thought that was "it".

But this version has a much better G1 look which I'm a huge fan of, and the price is right--
makes it much easier for me to justify the cost of the Unite Warriors Menasor, and the Combaticons.
Not to mention, IF there is any add-on set that somehow improves this even further, I won't have to hesitate to pick that up too.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby DrOblivian » Sun May 31, 2015 9:39 am

YOOOO Scavenger is the real MVP of this set so far. he is literally perfect as far as i can tell. robot modes are all SPOT on with scavenger and scrapper being the best in terms of overall character accuracy.

Longhaul looks a lot less fat and more buff in actual video and i am quite pleases with him. that being said... what the hell was up with with the weird selective over engineering on these guys? hook had cool leg transformations, but it was unnecessary and i can see how they could have done the same thing with a smaller parts count, (the way CW breakdown transforms/extends his legs)

Bonecrusher could have accomplished everything he needed to in a much simpler way and that lost budget could have gone back into making the other figures better. mainly just elbows. Scrapper's legs kind of do the same thing hook's do, but cooler. though again i think that it might be a bit over engineered to accommodate combiner mode when it could have done easier and more efficiently. which then of course could have gone back into the individual modes.

once we see the actual combined mode all of these points i made could be made moot, but i think that the actual engineering that holds devastator together is going to not only be strange, but over complicated for no real reason.
DrOblivian
Mini-Con
Buy from DrOblivian on eBay

Postby padfoo » Sun May 31, 2015 9:46 am

Weapon: Concussion Cannon
hinomars19 wrote:
Burn wrote:The individual bots look bloody fantastic and I think have more articulation than people were expecting. Yeah, Scrapper has no elbows, but as I said from the start, and looking at him from behind, it's purely for stability issues.

Honestly, I think the designers have done a fantastic job. Combined mode is awesome, and the individual bots look great as well.

The only articulation missing on the individual bots is Scrapper's elbows. Other than that Hook and Mixmaster have oddly proportioned arms, but for Generations figures that do what they do they indeed look awesome. Scrapper's elbows are probably a mix of stability vs parts cost. Stable ratcheted elbows with a lock system would solve the stability for example, but for a retail generations release that would be nixed by Hasbro for cost reasons.
To a degree, they look like simplified MP figures. Knowing Hasui designed these makes me believe they essentially are.
It's a shame production costs prevent us from getting hefty, solid figures for a nice price. CW leaders costing £50 when back in the day you could get Cybertron OP for £30-£40 is a crying shame when you think he is heavy, detailed, plenty of play value and combining options and carries electronics whilst CW leaders are hollow and just feel (and look) cheaper.
This is still an accomplishment though. Anyone with any gripes on this Devy should bemoan cost issues, not the design. The design in this whole package is awesome!

The design is truly awesome and look he is big enough to step on
MP Bumblebee!
padfoo
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4
Strength: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+

Postby Optimutt » Sun May 31, 2015 10:03 am

Motto: "Victory if nothing if you don't enjoy everything leading to it."
mattwhite924 wrote:Also that dude's fingernails grossed me out. O_o

That's actually pretty common. Most people tend to grow fingernails long - for traditional reasons, I think: nose-picking, cocaine handling, general functionality (back scratching), and as a sign that you're not a commoner. Long nails = don't have to work hard and break them through constant hard usage.

I'm feeling the big green. I absolutely was not until I saw this. Now I'm angry because there's no way that I'll be able to afford the SDCC version that will come out this summer.
"I couldn't put it down," Eliot Vohy about Escape from the Spotlight.

Updates on novels and publications: https://robwqueen.com/
Optimutt
Vehicon
News Credits: 11
Alt Mode: Jet

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Sun May 31, 2015 12:35 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I think Scavenger will be my favorite! :D
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sun May 31, 2015 1:23 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
Silly wrote:I think Scavenger will be my favorite! :D

From what I've seen, I like
1) Hook
2) Scrapper
3) Mixmaster
4) Scavenger
5) Bonecrusher
6) Long Haul

On the fence, but I like these enough to where having an extra set to keep in individual bot modes has crossed my mind.
Who knows... If we find out the Combaticons won't be released until well into 2016............
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby skidflap » Sun May 31, 2015 1:35 pm

Motto: ""Don't look at me; nothing on this planet makes sense. Hot dog, but it's not a pet!""
Weapon: Railgun
guys i just had a thought, what if the lack of paint on devastator is due to the fact that he will come with a sticker sheet like metroplex? :-?
"The Lord created the fart and added a smell so the deaf could enjoy" - Redd Foxx.
skidflap
Minibot
Strength: 9
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10

Postby Moosey » Sun May 31, 2015 1:54 pm

Motto: "Join the church of Alpha Bravo today!"
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
skidflap wrote:guys i just had a thought, what if the lack of paint on devastator is due to the fact that he will come with a sticker sheet like metroplex? :-?

Doubt it. People who have it in hand have shown the box I think. Maybe reprolabels will do a set? I've never bought a set of them, but I'd be happy to have some stickers to improve Devastator.
I'm Back From The Grave.

Dragstrip and the Junkions, Cybertron's hit new Indy Rock Group
Moosey
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 » Sun May 31, 2015 2:28 pm

Motto: ""IF A MAN THINKETH, SO IS HE""
Weapon: Shotgun
I am SOOO glad I bought green giant instead... with the exception of height, this thing is HORRIBLE. The bodies and limbs are barely holding on an look like they can break over time and long haul is just down right awful. This is a TOTAL pass on my behalf.
G1OPT1MU5PR1M3
Banned
Alt Mode: Diesel Truck
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #11 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915J"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HEART OF DARKNESS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2011 3RI (CA) Farinas"
Transformers HEART ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #1 Cvr D IDW Comics 2022 FEB229538 1D (CA) Knott"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #5 Cover RI-A IDW Comics 2020 NOV190608 5RIA (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JUL210492 Ramondelli"
Transformers HALLO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 1023IM385 3A (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #12 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210460 12RI (CA) Jones"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS + MY LITTLE PONY #1 1st ptg IDW Comics 2020 MAR200688 (CA) Fleecs"
TRANSFORMERS + MY ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr D Image Comics 2023 0823IM289 1D (CA) Ottley"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 NOV200371 2RI (CA) Goux"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #45 Marvel Comics 1988 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Delbo 231208A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #3 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 MAY221567 3C (CA) Gauntt"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr E 1:50 Quintesson Image Comics 0823IM480 5E (CA) Lee 231010Q"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #6 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Kupperberg 230915T"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON