This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure Line (TAV, TED, Misc)

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure Line (TAV, TED, Misc)

Postby primalxconvoy » Tue May 12, 2015 2:30 am

Oh, I've got that one. I've got him, the car one and the first edition one, all from Japan. I think the American versions even had different paint apps, too, so trip building is fun (or expensive). I wish the white ones were easily avoidable l available and in both car and jet versions, so we could repaint them. Possibly, there are knock offs?

This, too, could be the same with "junkion" here. Has anyone repainted him as wreck-gar/g1 junkion?
primalxconvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby welcometothedarksyde » Tue May 12, 2015 8:49 am

Motto: "My anaconda don't..."
Has anyone noticed that Junkion's colors are exactly the same as that Animated Wreck Gar chase card thing?
welcometothedarksyde
Combiner
News Credits: 5
Watch welcometothedarksyde on YouTube

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 12, 2015 8:55 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
primalxconvoy wrote:I think the Vehicons should have been repainted into the Autobot clones, rather than the Decepticon versions.
Except that the Vehicon molds are very very evil-looking as they are. No amount of repainting can change their hunched over, sickly, wicked creature look.

Besides, it's not like they were made into the actual Pounce and Wingspan themselves.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV-01 Bumblebee Designer Yuya Onishi Interview

Postby Va'al » Thu May 14, 2015 12:44 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Via the main Takara Tomy website, we have a new interview with one of their designers - specifically, with Yuya Onishi, the mind behind Transformers Adventure TAV01 Bumblebee (and Legends Tankor), the Japanese counterpart to the Hasbro Warrior class from Robots in Disguise.

You can find the interview in its entirety here, though it is all in Japanese, of course. If you are able to read it, please let us know what you make of it in the Energon Pub - and take a look at the mirrored images below, in the meantime.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby primalxconvoy » Thu May 14, 2015 1:08 am

Sabrblade wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:I think the Vehicons should have been repainted into the Autobot clones, rather than the Decepticon versions.
Except that the Vehicon molds are very very evil-looking as they are. No amount of repainting can change their hunched over, sickly, wicked creature look.

Besides, it's not like they were made into the actual Pounce and Wingspan themselves.

I don't know about yours, but my Vehicons stand straight and tall. I'm sure that a new head and paint scheme would easily create them.
primalxconvoy
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 14, 2015 8:38 am

primalxconvoy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I don't know about yours, but my Vehicons stand straight and tall. I'm sure that a new head and paint scheme would easily create them.
The head juts out forward at an angle. Removing it reveals the next piece to be diagonally positioned, so no matter how much one straightens out the body, the head will always be hunched over in an ogre-like fashion without having to completely re-engineer the torso.

Sure, one could just tilt the neck piece upward, but then that messes up the look of the chest by opening up the gap between the neck piece and the main body.

Aside from the issues with the head, though, the entire figure has many evil-looking design aspects all over its body. Jagged lines covering the torso, pointy vampiric fingers, spiked knees, sharp-looking razor wings on the Jet version, etc. etc.

The Vehicon design is very much meant to be an inherently creepy and wicked appearance.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby primalxconvoy » Thu May 14, 2015 10:29 am

primalxconvoy
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 14, 2015 10:33 am

primalxconvoy wrote:Oh, I don't know...

- https://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomf ... ?FID=48112
That is freaky-looking and way beyond the extent of any retoolings Fun Pub is allotted to do.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby primalxconvoy » Thu May 14, 2015 10:44 am

Just a different head, hands and extra arm pipes, is all.

The clones just need a new head and a lick of paint.
primalxconvoy
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 14, 2015 10:45 am

primalxconvoy wrote:Just a different head, hands and extra arm pipes, is all.
Again, that's all well beyond what the Club can do. They are only allotted to remold one part per mold.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby primalxconvoy » Thu May 14, 2015 10:46 am

Yes, and I then said all the CLONES would need is a new head and a new paint job.
primalxconvoy
Godmaster

Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure Promo Clips - Big Optimus, Ultra Magnus, Nemesis Prime

Postby Va'al » Fri May 15, 2015 6:21 am

Via the YouTube channel for Takara Tomy, we get a promotional clip for three of their Transformers Adventure line figures: TED-06 Big Optimus Prime, the Japanese counterpart to Hyperchange Optimus; TAV-14 Ultra Magnus, of which you can see the Seibertron.com gallery here; TAV-13 Nemesis Prime, of which we also have a gallery. Check the clips out below!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Video Review - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure Gregevor and Nemesis Prime

Postby Va'al » Sat May 16, 2015 1:10 pm

In addition to yesterday's promo video, and of course, the Seibertron.com galleries, fellow member chuckdawg1999 has also just shared with us a video review of two Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys: TAV-08 Gregevor (Greejeeber) and TAV-13 Nemesis Prime. The latter is the one we've covered already, but the former, an homage to the 2000 RID line Rollbar, is in fact a male redeco of Strongarm, which you can find here for comparison. Check out the embedded clip below!

Takara always seems to deliver unique repaints that homage niche characters from their market, and black Optimus Primes. Gregevor is one of those homages going back to the early 2000's RID character Rollbar. Nemesis Prime I guess could be said is a tribute to Scourge/Black Convoy from the same line; even though there have been many takes on the black Prime over the years. Both are worth a look if you're interested in well done repaints.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby dragons » Sat May 16, 2015 1:23 pm

Thanks for sharing I didn't bother watching I saw video of original figures before they where repainted don't need same
Video again
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Va'al » Sat May 16, 2015 1:41 pm

dragons wrote:Thanks for sharing

You are more than welcome. :D
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat May 16, 2015 2:39 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
dragons wrote:Thanks for sharing I didn't bother watching I saw video of original figures before they where repainted don't need same
Video again

But you might have missed out on dancing girls at the end
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Sat May 16, 2015 3:50 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Va'al wrote:

:APPLAUSE:

chuckdawg1999 wrote:
dragons wrote:Thanks for sharing I didn't bother watching I saw video of original figures before they where repainted don't need same
Video again

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

I especially liked when they took their tops off. Oh my!

(o)(o)
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby no-one » Sat May 16, 2015 4:15 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Va'al wrote:

:APPLAUSE:

chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Video again

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

I especially liked when they took their tops off. Oh my!

(o)(o)

Looks like you missed out guy. YouTube took it down and now only the edited version is available.

So scandalous :shock:
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby Cobotron » Sat May 16, 2015 4:40 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
william-james88 wrote:(o)(o)
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Sat May 16, 2015 4:55 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Cobotron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:(o)(o)
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha, glad you liked it, here are a few more:

National geographic:

(@ㅅ@)

Melissa McCarthy:

(。 ㅅ 。)

Jenny McCarthy:

(•_ㅅ_•)

The Rock:

[_._][_._]
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Sat May 16, 2015 5:06 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Chuck! Stop!
:evil: :evil: :evil:
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Postby prjkt » Sat May 16, 2015 6:16 pm

Motto: "What'd I miss?"
Weapon: Laser Pistol
Well this thread just got interesting nice and quick.
prjkt
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Nemesis Destron » Sat May 16, 2015 9:33 pm

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Holy-crap...I hope they include those sound FX when I get UM and Nemesis just like those Japanese reviews. :P :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 16, 2015 10:07 pm

"And yes, you have to say it like that. GREH-GHEE-VOR."

No you don't. "Gregevor" is a bad Engrish transliteration of グリジバー, which Romanizes out to being "Gurijibaa", with the two I's both sounding like "ee". It is a portmanteau of "Green" and "Jeep" with a modified end, hence the longstanding transliteration of "Greejeeber" being the more accepted name since the Car Robots character of the same name was established back in the year 2000.

The two E's in "Gregevor" are long "ee" sounds, and the second G is a hard G (or J) sound. The V came from B and V being essentially the same sound in Japanese. So whoever transliterated グリジバー ("Gurijibaa") into "Gregevor" apparently didn't recognize the "Green Jeep" reference and gave us a more wonky name than the more likely intended "Greejeeber".

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby primalxconvoy » Sat May 16, 2015 10:38 pm

Exactly. I've already stated at these boards the same thing. The English text on the package for this toy is incorrect, if the aim was to represent "Green-Jeeper" (which was the originally intended name, similar to "Tankor", " Rot-or", or other proper nouns derived from adding the regular "er" to verb forms in order to make a "job noun").

Basically, the etymology, as it were, was " Green Jeep/Green-Jeeper/Greenjeeber" (ignoring the katakana and other romaji orthographic depictions, such as "gurujiiba", etc).

However, IF the original word WAS "Gregevor" (in English), then the Japanese (romaji) could be "gureijiiba".

What has (almost) happened then, is that, over time, they took an English term, converted it into Japanese katakana/,romaji, turned THAT back into katakana again, before finally turning it "back" into romaji/katakana.

It's a bit like how Takara have done the same with "convoy" (convoy/conboy), by first getting the name "right", then probably turning it back into katakana and back to romaji (or having no original romaji/English source to reference).

Hypothetically, this could happen to "Minerva":

Minerva/Mineruba/Minerba/Menorbar".
primalxconvoy
Godmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon 2023 240224"
SHRAPNEL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
SKIDS Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DREADWING Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-57 Leader Prime Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DREADWING Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CROSSCUT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
CROSSCUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON