This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure Line (TAV, TED, Misc)

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure Line (TAV, TED, Misc)

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:13 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Cobotron wrote:
Flashwave wrote:
Cobotron wrote:I wish we could get those awesome premiums/freebies. Love me some clear guys.

I got these guys along with Grimlock and...
A. Didn't realize the guns were detachable. Cool! (thanks Matt)
B. Did the United release not have the spring loaded pile drivers?

I'm so glad Takara gave us a second chance to get these guys. They're GREAT!

Oh buddy were tbey spring loaded. Blow on one from 30ft and SPROING! I think the TFSS Rewind and Eject triggers are a little stiffer at least, hope these are too
:lol: These are pretty itchy on the trigger finger too. Makes transforming them ... mildly frustrating, to say the least.
Still super great figures. Makes me really miss Scout Class.

So these are biger than the modern day legends right? If so, then sweet :)
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:17 am

Janus Prime wrote:Ok, how many times has Takara reissued these toys? Maybe I'll be able to finally get them this time.

This is the first time they ever reissued the toys. Whats crazy is that these are actually hasbro designs for the reveal the shield line, and not takara in house products.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:18 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
So did we ever find out why hasbro never released these guys :roll:

I mean, they look cool, and if I found them in the wild, I would buy one of them, but I won't pay $30+ for 2 of them [-(

Plus with the upcoming release of the cassettes again (they were just released in foc) I don't see why hasbro would ever have a reason to release these guys :BANG_HEAD:
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Cobotron » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:19 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
william-james88 wrote:So these are biger than the modern day legends right? If so, then sweet :)
Yes. I believe these and Windcharger/Wipe-out were the last of the true Scouts.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Flashwave » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:22 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
william-james88 wrote:
Janus Prime wrote:Ok, how many times has Takara reissued these toys? Maybe I'll be able to finally get them this time.

This is the first time they ever reissued the toys. Whats crazy is that these are actually hasbro designs for the reveal the shield line, and not takara in house products.
Same height as the CW Armor/gun guys, Groove and Blackjack and Bombshell, but a little bulkier.
Cobotron wrote:
Flashwave wrote:
Cobotron wrote:I wish we could get those awesome premiums/freebies. Love me some clear guys.

I got these guys along with Grimlock and...
A. Didn't realize the guns were detachable. Cool! (thanks Matt)
B. Did the United release not have the spring loaded pile drivers?

I'm so glad Takara gave us a second chance to get these guys. They're GREAT!

Oh buddy were tbey spring loaded. Blow on one from 30ft and SPROING! I think the TFSS Rewind and Eject triggers are a little stiffer at least, hope these are too
:lol: These are pretty itchy on the trigger finger too. Makes transforming them ... mildly frustrating, to say the least.
Still super great figures. Makes me really miss Scout Class.
the scout class lives on, it just got more expensive and simpler. The worst part I think about that spring is more to do with that button being over the tab that attaches his pile xrivrr to his chest. You want to press there to tab in but when you do tbe back half of the tank takes off.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Agamemnon » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:23 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Cobotron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:So these are biger than the modern day legends right? If so, then sweet :)
Yes. I believe these and Windcharger/Wipe-out were the last of the true Scouts.

Yup, I was going to say the same thing:

Though when I put Legends Starscream and Swerve near them, they are not that much smaller than Frumble...
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Flashwave » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:25 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Hellscream9999 wrote:So did we ever find out why hasbro never released these guys :roll:

I mean, they look cool, and if I found them in the wild, I would buy one of them, but I won't pay $30+ for 2 of them [-(

Plus with the upcoming release of the cassettes again (they were just released in foc) I don't see why hasbro would ever have a reason to release these guys :BANG_HEAD:

Timing. They were tail end of a line before a movie.

And really, its 10ea for the modern day scouts, 15ea from Takara is not so outta line. But I agree, I would rather bave gotten them domestically priced
Flashwave
City Commander

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:28 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:So did we ever find out why hasbro never released these guys :roll:

Yes, we did find out. Stores opted to go for the new DOTM line instead of the 5th wave of scouts for the Transformers 2010 line. So the wave was discontinued. They werent the only ones, Downshift and Bodyblock were also discontinued. Interesting though, Frenzy (in red) was never gonna be released anyway in the states, even if we would have gotten that last wave with the (blue) Rumble.

Also, if you took the initial preorder, they only came out to 25$ shipping included.

And you are right, hasbro has no reason to ever release them. But the club released them redone as the autobot casettes so that it cant be said the mold was never released stateside (just like with the Prime Breakdown mold) >:oP

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:30 am

Flashwave wrote:

Timing. They were tail end of a line before a movie.

And really, its 10ea for the modern day scouts, 15ea from Takara is not so outta line. But I agree, I would rather bave gotten them domestically priced

Before a movie? Did the rotf sub-lines really last all the way up to dotm?

The problem is price for figures I don't want that badly, but more, that I don't need two of this figure, let alone at import prices, had it been a 2-pack here, I would've probably gotten it, but I would have much preferred them to have been individually offered state-side >:oP

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:32 am

william-james88 wrote:

Yes, we did find out. Stores opted to go for the new DOTM line instead of the 5th wave of scouts for the Transformers 2010 line. So the wave was discontinued. They werent the only ones, Downshift and Bodyblock were also discontinued. Interesting though, Frenzy (in red) was never gonna be released anyway in the states, even if we would have gotten that last wave with the (blue) Rumble.

Also, if you took the initial preorder, they only came out to 25$ shipping included.

And you are right, hasbro has no reason to ever release them. But the club released them redone as the autobot casettes so that it cant be said the mold was never released stateside (just like with the Prime Breakdown mold) >:oP

Technically it wasn't 'released' it was 'sent' to people who paid $300+ for the club set.

Sorry, I don't count club exclusives as anything; at those prices, I could buy multiple figures I care about way more - I know one was a freebie, but you had to pay for the set anyways >:oP

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Cobotron » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:37 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Just for fun, here is another looky-lu.
The Usual Suspects

For some reason, in my mind, the Legend class seems smaller. Just proved myself wrong. Way to go me. I think Wipe-out/WC is just a little bigger than most.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear

Postby Mkall » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:38 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I have these two from the United line and I love them so much I can't willingly part with them even though by my collecting rules, I should do so.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:39 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:

Not really, Between ROTF and DOTM there was the Transformers line which was a lot like today's generations line. It was made to celebrate the Brand as a whole and included (like Generations), external media toys (in this case the movies), G1 reissues and toys for a Classics collection. However, the distinction between this line and a standard movie line was not big enough that stores thought they could coexist (unlike today) so since it was seen as between movie lines, it was flushed as soon as the next movie came along.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Flashwave » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:00 am

I rolled outta bed for this stalemate. One more size comparison

"Stalemate"Image
Flashwave
City Commander

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:24 am

william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Not really, Between ROTF and DOTM there was the Transformers line which was a lot like today's generations line. It was made to celebrate the Brand as a whole and included (like Generations), external media toys (in this case the movies), G1 reissues and toys for a Classics collection. However, the distinction between this line and a standard movie line was not big enough that stores thought they could coexist (unlike today) so since it was seen as between movie lines, it was flushed as soon as the next movie came along.

I know there was hftd and reveal the shield, and then there was the one with wreckgar and perceptor, right? Who was released/planned for release alongside them, as the entire series blends together between those movies for me...
Last edited by Hellscream9999 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

New Images of Transformers Adventure TAV33 Optimus Prime Supreme Mode

Postby mooncake623 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
TakaraTomy designer Hisashi Yuki tweeted out via TFYUKI, new images of the upcoming Transformers Adventure Optimus Prime Supreme Mode. This Prime will be a retool of the TAV21 Optimus Prime released earlier with retooled parts and a new sword. TAV33 Optimus Prime Supreme Mode is due to be released in November. Check out the images we've mirroed below and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!

Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Speed: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:31 am

Wow, that is a beat stick :shock:

Man, TT should start selling weapons like that for CW and such individually - shame 3p's forgot that was kinda their job, I could use some weapons packs >:oP

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:48 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I know there was hftd and reveal the shield, and then there was the one with wreckgar and perceptor, right? Who was released/planned for release alongside them, as the entire series blends together between those movies for me...
Wreck-Gar and Perceptor were Reveal the Shield toys.

The line that came after ROTF was simply called "Transformers", though many refer to it as "Hunt for the Decepticons" due to the sticker the packaging bore that advertised a promotional online game that went by that name. The line contained primarily Movieverse toys, but would later incorporate some Classics/Generations-style figures as well, by which point the toyline would evolve into its subline imprint of "Transformers: Reveal the Shield".

In Japan, the line contained Movieverse toys only and was instead known as "Transformers: Autobot Alliance", which is believed to have been an early working name for the English line, as store listings and receipts referred to the line as such despite that name not being the final one (in the English line, that is).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Intelligence: 10

Postby YoungPrime » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:07 am

Meh, never did like the scrawny legs on this mold plus the PE versions of these guys fit in with my collection a lot better anyway. So I don't need replacements. I would've grabbed a PE version of Rewind as well if he was around for a reasonable price. So I guess I will grab that Titan Master version when it releases next year. TM Rumble and Frenzy will be a pass though.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:11 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Wreck-Gar and Perceptor were Reveal the Shield toys.

The line that came after ROTF was simply called "Transformers", though many refer to it as "Hunt for the Decepticons" due to the sticker the packaging bore that advertised a promotional online game that went by that name. The line contained primarily Movieverse toys, but would later incorporate some Classics/Generations-style figures as well, by which point the toyline would evolve into its subline imprint of "Transformers: Reveal the Shield".

In Japan, the line contained Movieverse toys only and was instead known as "Transformers: Autobot Alliance", which is believed to have been an early working name for the English line, as store listings and receipts referred to the line as such despite that name not being the final one (in the English line, that is).

So I was right, it was a bloated blurr of unnamed sub-lines ;)

Glad to have gotten it straightened out though :D

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Shuttershock » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:13 am

Just in case you thought Arcee's Combiner Hunters sword was too soberly proportioned...
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby mooncake623 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:35 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
YoungPrime wrote:Meh, never did like the scrawny legs on this mold plus the PE versions of these guys fit in with my collection a lot better anyway. So I don't need replacements. I would've grabbed a PE version of Rewind as well if he was around for a reasonable price. So I guess I will grab that Titan Master version when it releases next year. TM Rumble and Frenzy will be a pass though.

PE rewind doesn't even have a face... the Titan Master's version looks a million times better.

Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Speed: 8
Firepower: 10

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:24 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Looks amazing! And this is a massive sword there bub :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby AutobotAlvaron » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:49 pm

Motto: "Strive Always for the Indomitable Victory of Good."
Weapon: Double Beam Guns
This Takara TAV Prime, with all that chrome, and cool-looking sword is miles ahead of anything Hasbro has yet to produce for the US market. If this mold were brought here, and had Peter Cullen voice clips & appropriate SFX, it would be sure to sell out & produce good profit for them. Why not do that?

The only other changes I'd make to it, would be to put in G1-cartoon blue or G1-toy yellow LEDs in the head & chest, and not use a plain black plastic for his legs/trailer, but a sparkly metallic midnight blue instead. It's hard to believe that there is no real, properly-articulated, & non-1-2-3 Step Changer, Voyager or Leader Class Optimus Prime in the U.S.A. RID line. Why not? :-?
AutobotAlvaron
Minibot
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7

Postby Nemesis Destron » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:11 pm

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
This guy is epic! It will be one of the few from this line that I will own. I can't wait til this is finally available.

I don't see this as OP really. Any ideas or suggestions this figure can represent?

If none then I will have to dub him with a new name. :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #6 Cvr G 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 MAR230499 6G (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #6 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars BOUNTY HUNTERS #22 var Marvel Comics 2022 FEB221027 (CA) Villanelli"
Star Wars BOUNTY H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars CRIMSON REIGN #3 Krrsantan Marvel Comics 2022 DEC219250 (CA) Larroca"
Star Wars CRIMSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr G 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney NOV220589 2G (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS HIGH REPUBLIC #5 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 NOV221042 (CA) Bengal"
STAR WARS HIGH REP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #11 Cvr D 1:10 IDW Comics 2023 JUN231459 11D (CA) Ward (W) Kelly"
STAR TREK #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr P 1:25 Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230488 1P TV Pitch Art"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK HOLO-WEEN #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JUL231235 1A (CA) Francavilla"
STAR TREK HOLO-WEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars JABBAS PALACE #1 var connect Marvel Comics DEC220910 (CA) Garbett"
Star Wars JABBAS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars BOUNTY HUNTERS #21 Lucasfilm Marvel Comics 2022 JAN221009 (CA) Sprouse"
Star Wars BOUNTY H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS #31 Marvel Comics 2023 NOV221019 (CA) Segovia (W) Soule (A) Genolet"
STAR WARS #31 Marv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr L 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 APR230460 7L (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars BOUNTY HUNTERS #19 Lucasfilm Marvel Comics 2021 OCT210961 (CA) Sprouse"
Star Wars BOUNTY H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DARTH VADER #22 Traitor Dawn Marvel Comics 2022 FEB221031 (CA) Renaud"
Star Wars DARTH VA ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON