This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Postby Burn » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:09 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Yotsuyasan wrote:I just don't get people who buy 'em, stick 'em in one mode, and leave 'em like that forever. They're Transformers. They need to be transformed!

ah, now this I can answer strictly from a personal standpoint.

I have too bloody many, not enough room and not enough spare time. Image
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:25 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Burn wrote:So I'm going to ask this question to you (and anyone else who feels like answering) ... when you purchase Takara Tomy's Devastator, how will you be displaying him?

I'm actually going to display the team as individual bots. My MP collection is severely lacking in Decepticons, and these guys will be great for buffing up the numbers.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Yotsuyasan » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:27 am

Motto: "No matter where you go, there you are."
Burn wrote:I have too bloody many, not enough room and not enough spare time. Image

Well, good sir, it isn't as if I can transform all of mine in one afternoon! No! If I get the itch to do so, I usually have to take it one shelf at a time. And if I decided to do everything all at the same time, I'd probably want to be taking at least a week. Maybe a week and a half. :lol:

Of course, that addresses the time issue, and not so much the space issue... And gestalts, especially, do take up more space in their separated forms then they do when they are combined. So I suppose I could grant that. I have one specific shelf for my Decepticon gestalts, and it is definitely more roomy when they are combined. It took some effort in rearranging things, but I think I have some room now for the Autobot combiners I will also soon have, thanks to Unite Warriors. Really, the only thing I don't have room for on the shelf a figure usually lives on is Metroplex's city mode. A shame, as it is an awesome looking mode... but he ends up spending most of his time as either a robot or in his carrier mode. Still, once in a great while I do say, "The hell with it!" and let him just take up some floor space for a few days to a week. Image (Good thing I have an understanding girlfriend!)

But if you have less space available, and you figures are trapped eternally in one mode... Well, I shall weep for them. :sad: :sad: :sad: (Joking... It is your collection, you can do what you want with 'em... Even if I still don't get owning Transformers and not actually transforming them! :???: )

Boy Scouts ½: The adventures of five members of Boy Scout
Troop 192 who, after a trip to China, have lives full of change...

Yotsuya's Shipyard: Star Trek Style Starship
Schematics, Designed by Yotsuya

Yotsuya's Reviews: text & photo Transformers toy reviews!
Featuring the "Classics" Toy Catalogue Project!
Yotsuyasan
Brainmaster
Strength: 2
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 7

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:12 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Burn wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:Also, shame on Hasbro and everyone defending them.

I have no shame in supporting Hasbros Devastator. I plan to only display him in combined mode so elbows and guns are pointless to me. So I should feel shame over that? I think not.

So I'm going to ask this question to you (and anyone else who feels like answering) ... when you purchase Takara Tomy's Devastator, how will you be displaying him?

If I do get Takara Devastator I'll do what I do with all my combiners and alternate between having them in robot, vehicle and combined mode. I don't keep my TFs permanently displayed in one mode. Variety is the spice of life after all.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:44 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Delta Magnus wrote:
Burn wrote:

I have no shame in supporting Hasbros Devastator. I plan to only display him in combined mode so elbows and guns are pointless to me. So I should feel shame over that? I think not.

So I'm going to ask this question to you (and anyone else who feels like answering) ... when you purchase Takara Tomy's Devastator, how will you be displaying him?

If I do get Takara Devastator I'll do what I do with all my combiners and alternate between having them in robot, vehicle and combined mode. I don't keep my TFs permanently displayed in one mode. Variety is the spice of life after all.

That's how I do it as well. But I would prefer getting the takara version regardless because part of me would truly feel that I am getting a subpar product if I stick with Hasbro. It isnt just paint apps this time.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Starsaber468 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:20 am

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Um takara one has less paint apps wtf....
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:26 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Starsaber468 wrote:Um takara one has less paint apps wtf....

It isn't paint apps but how screen or toy accurate TT wants their release to appear as.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:45 am

Starsaber468 wrote:Um takara one has less paint apps wtf....

Which Takara one? Defensor or Devastator? Defensor has a bit less but Devastator has more (though not that much more).
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby BlueBefore » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:08 am

I agree shame on Hasbro for making affordable products and for not having the time nor the budget to do what Takara did. They should have thought more about the rich.
BlueBefore
Minibot

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:11 am

BlueBefore wrote:

I agree shame on Hasbro for making affordable products and for not having the time nor the budget to do what Takara did. They should have thought more about the rich.

I agree on the budget part, its well known. But time? How do you know that? Both of these have been revealed the same year and both are engineered by Takara, they had the same production time.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby BlueBefore » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:17 am

william-james88 wrote:
BlueBefore wrote:

I agree on the budget part, its well known. But time? How do you know that? Both of these have been revealed the same year and both are engineered by Takara, they had the same production time.

So it takes literally no time to create hinges and guns. Very interesting. I am also glad we never saw any Generations Devastators until yesterday. Pretty nice of Hasbro to have their first showing of a product the same day as Takara and not months apart.
BlueBefore
Minibot

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:32 am

BlueBefore wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
BlueBefore wrote:

So it takes literally no time to create hinges and guns. Very interesting. I am also glad we never saw any Generations Devastators until yesterday. Pretty nice of Hasbro to have their first showing of a product the same day as Takara and not months apart.

We know for a fact that Hasbro had the time for more paint apps and chrome applications with SDCC Devastator coming out BEFORE the actual Hasbro release. That time could have been spent with weapons instead. As for Hinges/Elbows, Takara designed both. Engineering like that must be done early on and it seems there was both a Hasbro and a Takara version planned then (you cant just ship hasbro a product and then start altering it post production). It makes far more logical sense that Hasbro asked Takara to lower the cost for the version that was going to be theirs and thats why Hasbro's Devastator doesnt have those features. Takara designed their own version simultaneously. This is NOT a time issue, it is entirely a budget issue.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby BlueBefore » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:56 am

william-james88 wrote:We know for a fact that Hasbro had the time for more paint apps and chrome applications with SDCC Devastator coming out BEFORE the actual Hasbro release. That time could have been spent with weapons instead. As for Hinges/Elbows, Takara designed both. Engineering like that must be done early on and it seems there was both a Hasbro and a Takara version planned then (you cant just ship hasbro a product and then start altering it post production). It makes far more logical sense that Hasbro asked Takara to lower the cost for the version that was going to be theirs and thats why Hasbro's Devastator doesnt have those features. Takara designed their own version simultaneously. This is NOT a time issue, it is entirely a budget issue.

Less address your claims.
1. Changes had to be made early on. No improved versions of figures could be made after the original product.
2. Hasbro needed to prepare for two presentations. This doesn't help your argument.
3. This is NOT a time issue, it is entirely a budget issue. That has yet to be demonstrated.

I know you believe Armor Knight Optimus Prime was developed "simultaneously" with the standard one and that's fine.
BlueBefore
Minibot

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:01 am

And the elbows have it!
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby El Duque » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:34 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Well this is the Devastator to own, well done Takara. Ever since we found out that CW Devy would be Titan scale and tower over the rest of the Gestalts I suspected Takara might have plans for a remold that would unofficially work in a MP display, and here it is. I honestly think this is as close to a MP Devy as we will ever get on official level. I could even see Takara at some point down the line remolding Mixmaster into a more G1 type cement mixer/hauler and slapping the whole set into the MP line. I hope I'm wrong of course, I would love to get full on official MP Constructicons.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:31 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs

One of the presenters clearly says "Masterpiece" (at about the 3:42 mark) while showing of Unite Warriors Devastator. Can anyone who is fluent in Japanese let us know if he was referring to Devastator himself, or perhaps the next to be unveiled MP-27 Ironhide?
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Devastator & Elbows

Postby shajaki » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:55 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Additional images have popped up from Dengeki Hobby Web and TFyuki of TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Devastator, excitedly featuring ELBOWS! And his.. err.. backside. View his glorious joints and paint apps below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com: home for the best Galleries and Conversation around!

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Cyber Bishop » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:06 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Figures the Tak versions get elbows..
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Optimum Supreme » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:06 pm

Motto: "That's [not out yet/never came out] in my area."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Elbows?

This gon be gud.
Optimum Supreme
Godmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 2
Courage: 7
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 4

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:26 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Elbows are the new ankle tilts.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby RhA » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:02 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Sold.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:05 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Well, ****, Hasbro. I get saving money and all, but this is too much for me. Y'all can keep your Devastator, and I'll get Takara's.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+

Postby dragons » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:23 pm

Didn't bother if they had elbows or not he's staying in combined form paint detail no chrome Takara I buy
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby padfoo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:24 pm

Weapon: Concussion Cannon
So much more detail, this makes me want to cancel my current preorder!
padfoo
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4
Strength: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:53 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
dragons wrote:Didn't bother if they had elbows or not he's staying in combined form paint detail no chrome Takara I buy

I still think I'm getting the Hasbro version. I know they don't have elbows, but 3rd party companies will make it happen. ;)^
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DREADWING Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-57 Leader Prime Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DREADWING Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 JAZZ Transformers Legacy Evolution Walmart Universe Autobot Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
G2 JAZZ Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEVCON Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-44 Deluxe Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DEVCON Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METROPLEX Transformers Legacy Cybertron Universe Titan Class Hasbro 2022 New"
METROPLEX Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Legacy United Core Beast Machines Hasbro 2024 New"
NEW!
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRANKCASE Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
CRANKCASE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WAR DAWN ERIAL + DION Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack Hasbro 2023 New"
WAR DAWN ERIAL + D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETRITUS Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Hasbro 2023 New"
DETRITUS Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON