This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:17 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
As to avoid derailing this thread any further, I will finish my stance on the whole matter with this:

Names rendered in Japanese script are usually left transcribed or romanized, and never translated, because what would be the point in translating names? Romanizing is all TakaraTomy has ever done (Minelba and Gregevor anyone?), it's only recently that they started using US analogs. Trick Diamond and Luna Club are indeed the English names (using proper analogs), but the Japanese originals are still rendered as Trick Dia and Luna Clover in Latin Script.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:37 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
To further right this ship, I'll gush a bit here about Unite Warriors Computron! I got my sets delivered yesterday (at last!). He's terrific, he's sturdy, and he looks fantastic along side his Autbobot combiner brethren.

In person, Afterburner still comes off as mostly red, though a much lighter shade that other red components of the team and gestalt. Some pictures had depicted him with a slightly orange-red hue, but I don't see it in hand, at least with the lighting in my apartment. The only other bummer is that the windshield and front wheel assembly doesn't collapse a little more.

Strafe is truly amazing. Though a retool of the UW Blast Off mold, you'd hardly realize it from the robot mode (or the alternate mode, for that matter). Mine seems to snap together quite a bit more securely, especially in arm mode, than my UW Blast Off, which is a big plus. I also love the attention to detail, like how the tail fins fold away in arm mode to tuck in everything, even the robot mode arms, neatly.

Scattershot is awesome, I already knew what to expect mostly from the "beta" version of him Hasbro released at retail, but the extra remolding and expert paint apps make the Takara version really shine. The new guns are nice, but somewhat awkward to attach in alt mode.

Lightspeed is just what he is. A mostly red repaint of Combiner Wars Wheeljack with a new head. That's fine. He plays the part very well, but there are no surprises here. The new guns are nice too.

Nosecone is perhaps the most fun to transform and play with. He's loaded with guns! More to the point, though, his transformation is very satisfying. The mechanisms to manipulate the huge drill piece work well and are mostly intuitive. It's nice that the drill isn't a "parts" Transformation in this regard, but integrated effectively into the whole of the figure.

Finally, for Computron himself, I'll say that I like that you can combine SOME of the Technobots' weapons into the gestalt mode gun. I was disappointed at first that not all of them are utilized, but soon found there are clever little places to stick the rest of them, to "fill out" the combined mode just a little more. It just adds to the uniqueness of the figure, which manages to feel so new, despite everything being, at best, a remold from earlier in the line.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby o.supreme » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:45 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Wolfman Jake wrote:Mine seems to snap together quite a bit more securely, especially in arm mode, than my UW Blast Off, which is a big plus.

Thank you for this. After months of debate about trying to get UW Blastoff separately, I decided to get the whole UW Bruticus set because even though I had CW Bruticus complete, I really liked the animated color scheme, 4 rotor Vortex etc (Besdies I can use CW Blastoff and Vortex for another all-unique 'Con Combiner I am building) ... But UW Blastoff was a bit of a disappointment, in terms of how well he held together, and his head keeps popping off, which worried me with Strafe. Thankfully as you said my UW Strafe is great. Not sure what happened with Blastoff, if it was a QC mishap or what. Just have to handle that one very gently.

Also just ordered a Generations Cosmos off eBay cheap. I'm not exactly the creative type, but I'm going to see what I can come up with; if there is any way to integrate him with UW Computron as CW does for Scrounge. I would rather have gotten a TFA "Adams" but those are going 3-4X what I can get a used Cosmos for.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Hero Alpha » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:53 am

Motto: "You'll never walk alone"
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
For as much I saw everyone complain about UW Dragstrip, they never show up on ebay. I thought that a few people at least would want to sell him off and get CW Dragstrip for their UW Menasor but seems not. Still would like to trade my CW one out and get UW one.
:RUBSIGN: :WRECKERS: Image
Hero Alpha
Targetmaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from Hero Alpha on eBay
Alt Mode: Motorcycle and Utahraptor
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:02 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
o.supreme wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Mine seems to snap together quite a bit more securely, especially in arm mode, than my UW Blast Off, which is a big plus.

Thank you for this. After months of debate about trying to get UW Blastoff separately, I decided to get the whole UW Bruticus set because even though I had CW Bruticus complete, I really liked the animated color scheme, 4 rotor Vortex etc (Besdies I can use CW Blastoff and Vortex for another all-unique 'Con Combiner I am building) ... But UW Blastoff was a bit of a disappointment, in terms of how well he held together, and his head keeps popping off, which worried me with Strafe. Thankfully as you said my UW Strafe is great. Not sure what happened with Blastoff, if it was a QC mishap or what. Just have to handle that one very gently.

Also just ordered a Generations Cosmos off eBay cheap. I'm not exactly the creative type, but I'm going to see what I can come up with; if there is any way to integrate him with UW Computron as CW does for Scrounge. I would rather have gotten a TFA "Adams" but those are going 3-4X what I can get a used Cosmos for.

Blast Off's head wasn't really a QC issue as just a poor design. The little platform the head sits on gets jarred by the combiner joint. The head should've just attached to the joint proper like an Aerialbot.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby o.supreme » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:21 am

It's a loose fit, but still works
Attachments
comp.jpg
comp.jpg (68.58 KiB) Viewed 4967 times
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby o.supreme » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:33 am

ok so while my first pic was a loose fit, my 10 year old son actually found a better solution ;) . If you open Payload's landing gear, you can peg it into the weapon hole on Strafe. You end up with an inverted version of what CW Computron does with Scrounge, but it still looks cool and is a secure fit.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:58 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Battle Gear or Baldigus? Wish it was the former (pun intended).

Another wallet shattering repaint!

http://takaratomymall.jp/shop/default.aspx
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:25 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Those who are still waiting for Takara to show us their version of Liokaiser might have to wait a bit longer (or maybe longer than that) since Takara's next Combiner in their Unite Warriors line is none other than Baldigus, a Bruticus repaint, known as Runation in the west.

While his silhouette is teased on Takaratomymall, he will be fully revealed the 25th of October. The picture's file name is Baldigus, confirming the identity of this release. We do not know if there will be any retooling involved. A silfouette of the individual members was found in the Megatronia comic, also shown below.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby PeterPrime » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:29 am

Well, there is my first Unite Warriors purchase. Thank you :TAKARATOMY:
PeterPrime
Mini-Con

Postby Sigma Magnus » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:33 am

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
Well this'll certainly be interesting. Let's hope it looks good...but, considering it's Takara, I'm sure it'll be awesome.
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby nycPrime » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:39 am

I'm bummed since I'm one of those waiting for Takara's take on Liokaiser.
nycPrime
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Strength: 7
Courage: 7

Postby Terrsolpix » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:59 am

Motto: "Once you go movie you can never go back"
Weapon: Wrist-Launched Heat-Seeking Missiles
Probably my last chance to get a four bladed Vortex.....
Accidental movie collector, complete SS fanboy.
Terrsolpix
Combiner
News Credits: 10
Watch Terrsolpix on YouTube
Alt Mode: Some silly cybertronian tank
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Postby o.supreme » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:08 am

PeterPrime wrote:Well, there is my first Unite Warriors purchase. Thank you :TAKARATOMY:

This might...actually be my first pass. I've purchased/plan on purchasing all the UW sets up until now because IMO they are either superior to CW, or offer something unique (well one could argue that Superion & Menasor are pretty much the same aside from the paint apps). But all the others have been different in some way. I have/enjoy UW Bruticus. If this is a straight up repaint I'll be a bit disappointed. They have to offer something different I would think/hope. Also, Baldigus had nothing to do with Unicron previously..., not sure how this all makes sense.

So we get the full reveal on the 25th...Lynx Master is supposed to come out on the 29th...Hopefully soon we'll be getting a close up of the packaging.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:15 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
No love for the Battle Gear colors :(
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9

Postby Kurona » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:48 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
What's odd to me is that they have Movor on the arm even though in the cartoon he was also commonly shown as a leg - which is also a good way to differentiate him from Bruticus.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby RiddlerJ » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:43 am

If they're doing Baldigus/Ruination, they should really do an Autobot RID combiner too.

Optimus Prime - Hot Spot mold
Side Burn - Dead End mold
Prowl - Breakdown mold
Skid-Z - Dragstrip mold
X-Brawn - First Aid Mold
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby kurthy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:47 am

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
Terrsolpix wrote:Probably my last chance to get a four bladed Vortex.....

I don't know if it's worth it. It only looks good in alt mode (where it is awesome :michaelbay: ). In every other mode, it just makes everything a mess. The helicopter blades are my least favorite thing about the AB mold and four blades makes it worse.
kurthy
Pretender
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:53 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Kurona wrote:What's odd to me is that they have Movor on the arm even though in the cartoon he was also commonly shown as a leg
That's not entirely true.

Back when I was putting this together, I determined that Ruination/Baldigus formed his Flight Mission formation exactly nine times in RiD 2001 (eight times in Car Robots since one of the times in the dub was added to the dub). Meanwhile, his Land Mission formation was formed a mere seven times in RiD 2001 (six times in Car Robots since one of the times in the dub was in one of the dub's clip shows). So he was seen in his Flight Mission a little more often than his Land Mission.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438

Postby Grahf_ » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:06 am

Motto: "I am the seeker of power."
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
kurthy wrote:
Terrsolpix wrote:Probably my last chance to get a four bladed Vortex.....

I don't know if it's worth it. It only looks good in alt mode (where it is awesome :michaelbay: ). In every other mode, it just makes everything a mess. The helicopter blades are my least favorite thing about the AB mold and four blades makes it worse.

I agree, they are the worst part of that mold and having four doesn't make things any better. They get in the way and really don't position well at all. They really should've redesigned the rotor completely instead of just adding two more blades using the exact same design.
Grahf_
Combiner
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:12 am

RiddlerJ wrote:If they're doing Baldigus/Ruination, they should really do an Autobot RID combiner too.

Prowl - Breakdown mold
Skid-Z - Dragstrip mold
X-Brawn - First Aid Mold
Any combiner using the Autobot Brothers as limbs ought to, IMHO, have Tow-Line as the fourth limb since, in Car Robots, he is their cousin, part of their family.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby leokearon » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:30 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
leokearon-s-digibashes-t105245s25.php#p1785312

leokearon-s-digibashes-t105245.php#p1779232

My Digibashes I did of Ruination and RID Autobot Combiners
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6

Postby mblase75 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:32 am

RiddlerJ wrote:If they're doing Baldigus/Ruination, they should really do an Autobot RID combiner too.

Prowl - Breakdown mold
Skid-Z - Dragstrip mold
X-Brawn - First Aid Mold

First, I wanna see Devastator repainted as Landfill.

Yeah, I know it's a poor match in combined mode -- but in addition to the CR Build Team, we've got G1 Targetmasters Quickmix and Scoop we could throw in to the set, giving each Constructicon an Autobot repaint:

Hook -> Hightower
Scavenger -> Grimlock (needs a new name)
Long Haul -> Heavyload
Bonecrusher -> Wedge
Mixmaster -> Quickmix
Scrapper -> Scoop

That last one alone would make it a big seller among IDW fans.
mblase75
Micromaster
Buy from mblase75 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:37 am

mblase75 wrote:Scavenger -> Grimlock (needs a new name)
New name could be Buckethead.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:46 am

couple of things..first off. If TT did any other Combiners, they would be based off of Japanese characters, so even if say...they did a CR team, or Buildmaster, they would have all the Japanese names. I seriously doubt they would remold Devastator into Buildmaster as it would not be accurate to the animated series. The same reason why I seriously doubt they will be doing LioKaiser (at least not Hasbro's version). They may totally shock and surprise us with some new molds, but considering all the effort TT took to design just two unique molds of their own...I don't know how they would do a whole new combiner. Still...it would be awesome.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRIBBY Transformers BotBots Series 2 Backpack Bunch 2019 colored pencil"
SCRIBBY Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 Hasbro 2019 New"
SOUNDWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CAPTAIN CARTRIDGE Transformers BotBots Con Crew Line League handheld game 2019"
CAPTAIN CARTRIDGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NANNY MCBAG Transformers BotBots Series 3 Lost Bots tote bag 2019 Hasbro"
NANNY MCBAG Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LUCKANEER Transformers BotBots Series 1.5 Lawn League import 2019 Hasbro"
LUCKANEER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "YULE B BORED Transformers BotBots Series 3 Season Greeters TV fireplace 2019"
YULE B BORED Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINGER Transformers BotBots Series 3 jock squad baseball 2019 Hasbro"
DINGER Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STINKOSAURUS REX Transformers BotBots Series 1 Toilet Troop 2019 Potted Plant"
STINKOSAURUS REX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATSBY Transformers BotBots Series 1 Jock Squad 2018 Hasbro Baseball Bat"
BATSBY Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GLAM GLARE FANCY FLARE Transformers BotBots Series 5 Home Rangers lamp 2020"
GLAM GLARE FANCY F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HANDY DANDY Transformers BotBots Series 5 Wilderness Troop swiss army knife 2020"
HANDY DANDY Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DRIVER TED Transformers BotBots Series 3 Arcade Renegades motorcycle arcade 2019"
DRIVER TED Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRLDERFUL Transformers BotBots Series 4 Home Rangers Hasbro 2020 food mixer"
WHIRLDERFUL Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANGRY CHEESE Transformers BotBots Series 1 Greaser Gang Hasbro 2018"
ANGRY CHEESE Trans ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON