This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

"Transformers: The Video Game" Ships Over One Million Units

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

"Transformers: The Video Game" Ships Over One Million Units

Postby Darth Bombshell » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:18 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Despite garnering some rather unfavorable reviews, the Transformers video game has sold rather well, Activision reporting that the game has shipped over one million units, as stated in the following press release from the company:

Activision Ships More Than Eight Million Units Worldwide During First Quarter Fiscal Year 2008

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Jul 10, 2007 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq:ATVI) announced today that during the first quarter of fiscal year 2008, the company shipped more than four million units of Spider-Man 3(TM), two million units of Shrek the Third(TM), approximately one million units of TRANSFORMERS: The Game and more than one million units of Guitar Hero II(TM).

As a result, the company now expects that its financial results for the first quarter fiscal year 2008 will exceed its previously reported outlook on May 31, 2007.

"We are pleased with the strong worldwide consumer response to our three movie-based games - Spider-Man 3, Shrek The Third and TRANSFORMERS: The Game - as well as the launch of Guitar Hero II on the Xbox 360(TM)," stated Robert Kotick, Chairman and CEO, Activision, Inc.

Activision expects to announce its first quarter fiscal 2008 earnings results in early August.

Separately, Activision confirmed that the company w ill webcast remarks made by its senior management during a corporate presentation to analysts at the E3 Media & Business Summit on Tuesday, July 10, 2007 at 12:30 pm PDT (3:30 pm EDT). To access the webcast, please log on to http://www.activision.com or http://phx.corporate-ir.net/playerlink. ... &e=1588763

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products. Founded in 1979, Activision posted net revenues of $1.5 billion for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2007.

Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Scandinavia, Spain, the Netherlands, Australia, Japan and South Korea. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's World Wide Web site, which is located at http://www.activision.com.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. In this release they are identified by references to dates after the date of this release and words such as "will," "will be," "remains," "to be," "plans," "believes", "may", "expects," "intends," and similar expressions. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the further implementation, acceptance and effectiveness of the remedial measures recommended or adopted by the special sub-committee of independent directors established in July 2006 to review Activision's historical stock option granting practices, the board and Activision; the outcome of the SEC's formal investigation and the derivative litigation filed in Ju ly 2006 against certain current and former directors and officers of Activision relating to Activision's stock option granting practices, and the possibility that additional claims and proceedings will be commenced, including additional stockholder litigation, employee litigation, and additional action by the SEC and/or other regulatory agencies. Other factors that could cause Activision's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, without limitation, other litigation (unrelated to stock option granting practices), sales of Activision's titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Activision's ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms (including next-generation hardware), declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Activision's pro ducts, adoption rate and availability of new hardware and related software, industry competition, rapid changes in technology and industry standards, protection of proprietary rights, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, vendors and third-party developers, international economic and political conditions, integration of recently acquired subsidiaries and identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities, limitations on our ability to issue stock and options, foreign exchange rate changes, and the risks identified in Activision's most recent annual report on Form 10-K and recent reports on Form 8-K.

The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision as of the date of this release, and Activision assumes no obligations to update any such forward-looking statement. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond our control and may cause actual results to differ materially from our current expectations.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby autobot commander » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:40 am

thats surprising
autobot commander
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Megatron Wolf » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:55 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I want to know how much of each they sold. Im sure that number includes all versions of the game. I dont think that all versions should be included seeing as how most were diffrent. But i am suprised that they sold that many so quickly.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Bouncy X » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:37 pm

well with all the movie hype and transformers fans, and all the positive words before anyone played it...its no shock its sold well so far....its like a movie that opens big despite people seeing it and thinking it sucks..lol

i just recently started playing the 360 version myself and i'm not far....just started the Prime level (i'm doing autobots first then the decepticon campaign) ..and i gotta say i love it....course i'm not a big hardcore gamer so my standards arent as high but yeah...its fun and it looks pretty good visually
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby RichGarner » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:33 pm

I think there might be a lot of people who did what I did...

Buy a copy for every console I own WITHOUT reviewing the game. You know.. just to OWN it regardless of how it plays.
RichGarner
Mini-Con

Postby Ultra Magnus » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:35 pm

Motto: "COME ON YOU APES! YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?"
Weapon: Dual Cluster Bomb Missile Launchers
The Game's not Bad... But it's not GREAT either. It's "Pretty Good", is what I'll say. Still, Good news for the Investors, right?
"Alright Bots, the time is Now. Transform and Finish it!"

Ultra Magnus
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby frogbat » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:42 pm

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
yeah it's pretty good - pity bout the lack of a 2 player beat em up round

i reckon they could add an update with new missions b4 the new movie is out

i've completed both autobots and decepticons - only unlocked 2 "g1" character but so far they r robovision prime and original colours starscream - hope there's somethin really g1 rather than a redeco - now i'm expecting a g1 coloured jazz blah
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Hoistimus » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:47 pm

Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
I hope to pick up the game in the discount bin or a used copy.. I have too many movie TFs on my want list and not enough time to play video games.. (HMW is a computer game, I'm referring to console games.. ;) )
TF Collection: It has come time to start looking to sell instead of buy, I'll be posting details in the b/s/t forum.
Hoistimus
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Buy from Hoistimus on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 10

Postby BigBot » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:33 pm

This is what is wrong with the game industry. Too many badly designed, licensed games selling millions whilst truely great games sell very little.
BigBot
Micromaster
News Credits: 7

Postby Kimmer » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:08 pm

BigBot wrote:This is what is wrong with the game industry. Too many badly designed, licensed games selling millions whilst truely great games sell very little.

nicely said bigbot. you're totally right and it's sad cause bad games like this bring in the money so the cycle will never change. a tf's game(not bayformers) could be so kick ass if they got the right people behind it. it's just a waste.
Kimmer
Combiner

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:15 pm

Shipping is completely different to selling though. I'd imagine plenty of people will go out and get the game in a movie related nostalgia kick.

Wonder how many will be returned 2 days later after they have played through the game?
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby OptimusShr » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:18 pm

frogbat wrote:i've completed both autobots and decepticons - only unlocked 2 "g1" character but so far they r robovision prime and original colours starscream - hope there's somethin really g1 rather than a redeco - now i'm expecting a g1 coloured jazz blah

There is a G1 Jazz redeco. There are also G1 Prime and Megatron models. They play the same as Megs and Prime in the game but are totally different models.

Also I rented the game from Blockbuster, pretty good. Something to pick up and play every once in a while just to run around aimlessly breaking stuff.
OptimusShr
Fuzor

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:18 pm

autobot comander wrote:thats surprising

Agreed, the game looks great, but I'm not enjoying it all that much.

Gamestop is gonna have these used and in bulk very soon I'm figuring.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:18 pm

frogbat wrote:yeah it's pretty good - pity bout the lack of a 2 player beat em up round

i reckon they could add an update with new missions b4 the new movie is out

i've completed both autobots and decepticons - only unlocked 2 "g1" character but so far they r robovision prime and original colours starscream - hope there's somethin really g1 rather than a redeco - now i'm expecting a g1 coloured jazz blah
They do have a redeco of Jazz, & then they have actual G1 Prime & Megs, though the versions of them are a bit lacking. It seemed like they were only put in to further the idea that G1 was dated by using the dullest, craptastic versions of the 2 characters they could find.

Personally, I thought they should have based their designs off of the 2 "masterpiece" toys, as they both have a lot more intricate details.

Anywho, Yeah, as bad as the reviews have been, I'm kinda suprised that it did so well. I mean, personally I loved it, but it seems like everybody else I hear from, aside from a quiet few, keeps ragging on how horrible it is.

Honestly, I think it's getting a bit of a bad rap simply because it is a movie game, & as a rule, movie games are bad, so the media is either automatically dropping it a point for that, or they're approaching it in a negative way, where they're making the negatives outweigh the positives more than they would on a non-movie game.
Nemesis Cyberplex
Headmaster

Postby OptimusShr » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:23 pm

Nemesis Cyberplex wrote: Honestly, I think it's getting a bit of a bad rap simply because it is a movie game, & as a rule, movie games are bad, so the media is either automatically dropping it a point for that, or they're approaching it in a negative way, where they're making the negatives outweigh the positives more than they would on a non-movie game.

I think it's more accurate to say MOST movie games suck. Spidey 2 rocked and Alien 3 was better than the actual movie.
OptimusShr
Fuzor

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:18 pm

Devil Gundam wrote:
Nemesis Cyberplex wrote: Honestly, I think it's getting a bit of a bad rap simply because it is a movie game, & as a rule, movie games are bad, so the media is either automatically dropping it a point for that, or they're approaching it in a negative way, where they're making the negatives outweigh the positives more than they would on a non-movie game.

I think it's more accurate to say MOST movie games suck. Spidey 2 rocked and Alien 3 was better than the actual movie.
That's why I said, "as a rule".....there are obviously those that break the rule, but for the most part, yeah they aren't so hot.
Nemesis Cyberplex
Headmaster

Postby NightFall » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:03 pm

Well, that's cool. I have 3 versions for it, Autobot for my DS, PSP game, and for my Wii. Seriously, they all stress me out, and they all have me curse alot, espeacially the Wii one. Cool to watch, but the camera angles are hard to control, and the action commands are slow or useless, little fun indeed, but I'm glad I got them.
NightFall
Headmaster Jr

Postby Optimus Furry » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:38 am

I loved the game. call me crazy but that game was fun. Who doesn't like being a 40 foot robot who can brake things and transform into cars and blow up sh!t. I think for poeple who aren't fans of Transformers (like how I was) will have fun. And for fans as well. And also realize that this is based on the movie. Not the cartoons. Not everyone is going to be happy. Sh!t some people aren't even happy about Spider-man!
Optimus Furry
Mini-Con

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUN210456 1B (CA) Padilla"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Spotlight SOUNDWAVE RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2007 (CA) Roche 231208S"
Transformers Spotl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #33 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAY210467 33RI (CA) Milne 230906AB"
TRANSFORMERS #33 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM893 (CA) Parel + Pham Chuong"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #3 3r ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 0923IM458 2C (CA) Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #12 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926I"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 5th ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0124IM891 (CA) Bratukhin"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #1 5t ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #40 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 DEC210540 40A (CA) Hernandez"
TRANSFORMERS #40 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 1RI (CA) Milne 230305D"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 3A 210411B"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #15 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 FEB220438 15B (CA) Duggan"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS PREVIEW 2nd ptg Optimus Prime var Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 (CA) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS PREVI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL RI 1:10 IDW Comics DEC190657 230124A"
Transformers VALEN ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON