This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Paramount Transformers Universe General Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels

Postby Tsutsukakushi » Sat May 30, 2015 11:22 pm

While i'd like to see a prequel movie on Cybertron. Don't think a movie with just CGI and no humans will do great in theatre tickets sales.

If the prequel is all CGI on Cybertron, Think it's pointless. as the prequel stories have already been done with the video games and comics.

Would prefer a Beast Wars theatre movie instead. Set in present day time with a human cast.

Think a G.I Joe and Transformers cross overs movie might be interesting. but the weird over the top villians personalities will probably ruin everything.

Don't like Bumblebee at all. Don't want to see any movie where Bumblebee stars in and lead a team.
Tsutsukakushi
City Commander
News Credits: 4

Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels

Postby King Kuuga » Sun May 31, 2015 12:39 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Tsutsukakushi wrote:While i'd like to see a prequel movie on Cybertron. Don't think a movie with just CGI and no humans will do great in theatre tickets sales.

44 of the 50 highest grossing animated films of all time are computer generated.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hi ... ated_films
King Kuuga
Gestalt
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Deadput » Sun May 31, 2015 2:04 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
That Bot wrote:
Tsutsukakushi wrote:While i'd like to see a prequel movie on Cybertron. Don't think a movie with just CGI and no humans will do great in theatre tickets sales.

44 of the 50 highest grossing animated films of all time are computer generated.

And how many of those movies don't have computer made humans?
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sun May 31, 2015 8:43 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
That Bot wrote:

1. lion King
2. Finding Nemo
3. Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinos
4. Ice Age: Continental Drift
5. Kung Fu Panda 2
6. Ice Age: The Meltdown
7. Kung Fu Panda
8. Cars 2
9. Cars
10 Shark Tail

So, a solid 1/5. That's not too bad. I'm not sure an all CG TF film would have the kind of script to put against the above movies (not even Shark Tail), but it's not a bad statistic.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 31, 2015 8:47 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
That Bot wrote:

1. lion King
2. Finding Nemo
5. Kung Fu Panda 2
7. Kung Fu Panda
8. Cars 2
9. Cars
10 Shark Tail

So, a solid 1/5. That's not too bad. I'm not sure an all CG TF film would have the kind of script to put against the above movies (not even Shark Tail), but it's not a bad statistic.
Except for The Lion King, since that wasn't a CGI movie, which was the original subject of the question.

Also except for Finding Nemo since that did have CGI humans in it.

So, eight of them.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sun May 31, 2015 8:56 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
That Bot wrote:

1. lion King
2. Finding Nemo
5. Kung Fu Panda 2
7. Kung Fu Panda
8. Cars 2
9. Cars
10 Shark Tail

Except for The Lion King, since that wasn't a CGI movie, which was the original subject of the question.

Also except for Finding Nemo since that did have CGI humans in it.

So, eight of them.

Dammit! I didn't mean to put Finding Nemo in there. I had to stop myself three times because I knew it had humans, but I slipped past myself and did it anyway. #-o
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

Postby King Kuuga » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:26 am

If they put some of the TV or comic writers on the Bayformers Cybertron prequel, it might stand a chance as an animated film. Does Paramount have an animation subdivision?
King Kuuga
Gestalt

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:32 am

That Bot wrote:If they put some of the TV or comic writers on the Bayformers Cybertron prequel, it might stand a chance as an animated film. Does Paramount have an animation subdivision?

Isn't it Dreamworks?
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

Postby King Kuuga » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:46 am

I looked it up. They had a distribution deal with Dreamworks Animation but that expired a few years ago. The recently formed their own animation division, aptly named Paramount Animation. Their only film so far is the new Spongebob movie, but they have a film called Monster Truck coming out next year and several films in development. So that could be a thing.
King Kuuga
Gestalt

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:56 am

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
That Bot wrote:I looked it up. They had a distribution deal with Dreamworks Animation but that expired a few years ago. The recently formed their own animation division, aptly named Paramount Animation. Their only film so far is the new Spongebob movie, but they have a film called Monster Truck coming out next year and several films in development. So that could be a thing.

Well, if they come out with a transformeers cartoon, hopefully it will be better than Transformers Cybertron lol. And hopefully it doesn't have any jerks for main characters like Kicker on Energon. :BANG_HEAD:
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Speed: 4
Firepower: 1

Paramount Transformers Universe Adds More Writers: Christina Hodson and Lindsey Beer

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:45 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
We have some more news on the Paramount plans to expand the Transformers cinematic universe, thanks once more to media and entertainment website Deadline: Christina Hodson and Lindsey Beer were just announced as joining the ever-growing writers' room headed by Akiva Goldsman. Read on more here and below to find out what these latest additions can bring to the potential projects!

Paramount Pictures and Michael Bay have added the first two female screenwriters to the brain trust of writers who’ll hatch Transformers sequels, prequels and spinoffs under the supervision of Akiva Goldsman. Christina Hodson and Lindsey Beer have both joined the group that will help craft ideas to expand the universe of the Hasbro toy line, then go off and write them. Hodson most recently got hired to write a new version of The Fugitive for Warner Bros and producer Arnold Kopelson. She previously scripted the spec The Eden Project, which Sony bought for Material Pictures, and her script Shut In just wrapped with Naomi Watts starring and BAFTA-winner Farren Blackburn directing for Lava Bear and Europacorp. The CAA and Kaplan/Perrone-repped scribe also scripted Unforgettable for Warner Bros and is developing a pilot for FX. She has hit the Black List with her scripts three different times.

WME-repped Beer writes in multiple genres, but most frequently comedy and fantasy drama. She has several features set up around town, including a live-action family adventure story at Disney called Dig, which she sold on spec with Whitaker Entertainment producing. She did work on Short Circuit for The Weinstein Company and her rated-R genre-bending comedy How To Nail An Alien is being developed at Atlas, and her script Electric is also with Whitaker. She’s currently working on a re-imagined The Wizard Of Oz for Warner Bros. with Vertigo. Black Label Media is producing and financing her project Sierra Burgess Is A Loser. Beer is the daughter of Sundance co-founder Gary Beer, and has the necessary background if Paramount wants to blind them with science in these Transformers films: she studied neuroscience and the intersection of technology and society at Stanford.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby frogbat » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:37 pm

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
I'm glad they're building a writers room and one that includes women. I found the previous lot pretty exploitative and the last one's female character was just awful so hopefully their input will help in that area too besides that thing known as a plot.
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 5

Postby Optimum Supreme » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:26 pm

Motto: "That's [not out yet/never came out] in my area."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
I care more if they're good writers or not than what genitals they have.
Optimum Supreme
Godmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 4

Postby MartianSpyGirl1996 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:39 pm

Motto: "It is a double pleasure to deceive the deceiver."
Weapon: Electronic Pulse Stingers
Optimum Supreme wrote:I care more if they're good writers or not than what genitals they have.

I mostly agree. Woman sometimes have a different writing style, and it's always nice to provide equal opportunity. But in the end I hope all of these writers deliver great quality work
MartianSpyGirl1996
Combiner
News Credits: 5
Buy from MartianSpyGirl1996 on eBay
Speed: 8
Courage: 4
Firepower: 5

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
The writer doesn't matter to me too much. The worst writer in the world could make a hit with the right subject, so to me, you can never really know. There have been amazing writers who wrote very bad stories and vice versa.
I do like the diversity though. lets get some new opinions! :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Mr_Autobot411 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Want it done right?, get rid of Bay.........and hire the idw guys to formulate a good story and good characters.

Dont be fooled, we will get more of the same..........when movies like this make stupid money, they wont change much. I think 4 movies of nothingness is proof enough.

:BOT: :CON:
Mr_Autobot411
Minibot

Postby Deadput » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:38 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:Want it done right?, get rid of Bay.........and hire the idw guys to formulate a good story and good characters.

Dont be fooled, we will get more of the same..........when movies like this make stupid money, they wont change much. I think 4 movies of nothingness is proof enough.

Well say good bye to IDW comics then.

You realize they can't work on movies and an ongoing comic book series at the same time right?
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:10 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:Want it done right?, get rid of Bay.........and hire the idw guys to formulate a good story and good characters.

You realize they can't work on movies and an ongoing comic book series at the same time right?

I'd rather have the comics than the movies. >:oP
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
Speed: 4
Firepower: 1

Postby Mr_Autobot411 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:46 pm

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

doesnt have to be comic related, maybe do their own version......but forget i brought it up cuz it aint happening lol :HEADHURTS:
Mr_Autobot411
Minibot

Postby Burn » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:23 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
You say get rid of Bay and hire different writers, wouldn't you want to get rid of the current writer first?

It's always Bay Bay Bay with you "Bayformer haters", but rarely do I encounter someone who acknowledges the writer is more to blame.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby JazZeke » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:32 am

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Writers in Hollywood these days actually have very little power. They have to cater to the demands/requirements of the directors, who decide what they want in their movies beforehand, and then hire writers to string their concepts together... that was more evident than ever in the last Transformers movie.

Not saying that the writer doesn't hold some responsibility over the script, but even a beautiful, vivid painting will look like crap if viewed through stained, cracked smoked glass.
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby King Kuuga » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:57 am

Scripts are written to the specifications of the other crew, like the director and producers. And then, when filming, a director chooses how they want to film the scene; what they want to emphasize, where objects are placed, the framing, how things pan, how wide or narrow the focus is, and they tell that to the director of photography this and then they and their crew make it actually happen. The director usually has chief creative control over most aspects of the movie, which is why they are top billed. Obviously there's some exceptions, but that's the situation in the majority of cases, from my understanding of film.
King Kuuga
Gestalt

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:02 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Burn wrote:You say get rid of Bay and hire different writers, wouldn't you want to get rid of the current writer first?

It's always Bay Bay Bay with you "Bayformer haters", but rarely do I encounter someone who acknowledges the writer is more to blame.

I'll say this much on the matter. Bay might not be solely to blame, but he is more or less one of the main causes. Frankly, Spielberg, the writers, the military, even Paramount itself...they all played a part in the kind of TF movies we got since ROTF.

Spielberg: Roped Bay in to directing Transformers in 2007, despite Bay's self-consciousness and undisguised dislike of the TF franchise. Bay was just following orders without passion or enthusiasm when filming the first movie, and did it for the paychecks in the following ones.

Military: They know Bay makes them look good, and are willing to exchange their cooperation and free manpower for looking good in his movies. That's partly the reason why the Decepticons look like incompetent chumps while the army can seemingly kickass all on their own without the Autobots doing much.

Paramount: While perfectly understandable, they won't want to change a thing as long as TF movies still make a decent buck. While they don't make as many ticket sales in the US, China has become their new target audience, which keeps the wheels spinning.

Bay: I used to loathe him. But now, I just feel bad for him (or rather, I would if the lucky bast@rd didn't make so much money). He never wanted to make these TF movies, and he still doesn't. Poor f**ker's just doing his job (though I wish he'd stop), and if the critics had little respect for him before, they have even less respect for him now.

And as of AoE, he's showing signs of creative exhaustion. Despite the explosions and the flashy cars, it's just feels hollow.

Writers: Part of the cause lies with Bay's attitude towards the TF movies, which "infects" the mindset of the writers. Kruger made it pretty clear in his infamous "you make your peace with the fact that logic isn't the be all end all" line. If the director doesn't take a movie's universe seriously, the rest will start asking themselves, "why should we?"

That said, it's no excuse to slack off just because the director does.

TL;DR, Bay is indeed responsible for a lot of the things that are wrong with the TF movies, but circumstances and higher ups are equally to blame.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Burn » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:22 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
JazZeke wrote:Writers in Hollywood these days actually have very little power. They have to cater to the demands/requirements of the directors, who decide what they want in their movies beforehand, and then hire writers to string their concepts together... that was more evident than ever in the last Transformers movie.

You base this paragraph on what?
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Lockdownhunter » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:30 am

Motto: "There are no strings on me!"
Hopefully the designs will improve.AOE Optimus has a good concept with a "less than great,but still all right" feel to the design.

Also, please hire a writer that can actually make a great story.New designers who can actually impress also should be taken into consideration.There is a reason why some people call "bayformers" terrible and ugly( not that I agree with them,but I strongly feel that the designs need to improve).
Lockdownhunter
Combiner
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #144 Cvr D DC Comics 2024 1223DC015 144D (CA) Scalera (W) Zdarsky"
BATMAN #144 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1053 Cvr D Superman DC Comics 2023 JAN233235 1053D (CA) Parrillo"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1068 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 1122DC070 1068B (CA) Lee"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #3 Cvr D DC Comics 2023 0223DC022 3D (W) Williamson (CA) Lenoble"
SUPERMAN #3 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #140 Cvr F 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0923DC080 140F (W) Zdarsky (CA) Mattina"
BATMAN #140 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #609 DC Comics 1989 (A/CA) Breyfogle (W) Grant 230915A"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAD MAGAZINE #36 2nd ptg DC Comics 2024 0124DC921 Swift + Kelce parody cover"
NEW!
MAD MAGAZINE #36 2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #142 3rd ptg DC Comics 2024 1223DC879 (CA) Camuncoli + Nesi (W) Zdarsky"
NEW!
BATMAN #142 3rd pt ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman Santa Claus SILENT KNIGHT #3 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 1023DC043 3B (CA) Chew"
Batman Santa Claus ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1055 Cvr C Superman DC Comics 2023 0323DC081 1055C (CA) Talaski"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #4 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0323DC072 4A (W) Williamson (A/CA) Campbell"
SUPERMAN #4 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #798 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0323DC220 798B (W) Adams (CA) Perkins + Spicer"
FLASH #798 Cvr B D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #357 Facsimile Edition Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0123DC123 357A"
BATMAN #357 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #130 Cvr E 1:25 DC Comics 2022 OCT223307 130E (W) Zdarsky (CA) Braga"
BATMAN #130 Cvr E ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON