This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Machinima Transformers Titans Return Animated Series Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby YoungPrime » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:47 pm

Autobot N wrote:Seriously? If Windblade can take down Combiners that easily, then why are they a huge threat in the first place? :BANG_HEAD:

THIS!!!!

I saw Windblade taking off Manassor's Arm with her Sword and immediately got turned off... I'm loosing a lot of faith in this show. Not that I really had much to start.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby YoungPrime » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:00 pm

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Really? Not this video crap again.

But really? Windblade can just cut down combiners like that? sheesh!

Yeah, I can see some clueless exec at a Hasbro board meeting going, "Yeah...lets make her the She-Ra of the TF Universe! I'm telling you, fans will love it!"

*Shudders with revolution*

Sigma Magnus wrote:Well...she wants to kill all combiners. Maybe she just made anti-combiner weapons to help with that?

I honestly think that's what Hasbro believes we want to see. Trust me if it wasn't her being forced down our throats then it would've been Bumblebee. Why?

Because Hasbro are idiots that why! Remember they had a station all to themselves and we all know how that turned out. So their input in this show isn't turning out to be much better.
Last edited by YoungPrime on Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:02 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
YoungPrime wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Really? Not this video crap again.

But really? Windblade can just cut down combiners like that? sheesh!

Yeah, I can see some clueless exec at a Hasbro board meeting going, "Yeah...lets make her the She-Ra of the TF Universe! I'm telling you, fans will love it!"

*Shudders with revolution*

I was really confused when I saw this quote wondering what the hell I said and when.

Now I get it. the video not working for other counties hence "video crap."

And yeah, kinda a bit overpowered she is, at least I think so
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:09 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
There's something else about the animation I feel is worth mentioning, but it's something that might make folks re-think their positive opinions about it. We were told previously that the animation for this would be in an anime style. Upon watching the video, I kept that in mind and at first thought "This doesn't look like an anime at all. It looks like a normal cel-shaded CGI Western cartoon."

BUT... Then I noticed the mouth movement, and went "Oh... OH! So that's what they meant by... Oh... Oh no... Oh NO! No. No no no no no no nonononononoooooo!"

That mouth movement is exactly the same kind of underdetailed featureless mouth movement that is common to many anime, and which we got back in both Energon and Cybertron. Image
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Decepticon Stryker » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:14 pm

Motto: "Peace through Tyranny, Tyranny through Strength, Strength through Stealth"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:There's something else about the animation I feel is worth mentioning, but it's something that might make folks re-think their positive opinions about it. We were told previously that the animation for this would be in an anime style. Upon watching the video, I kept that in mind and at first thought "This doesn't look like an anime at all. It looks like a normal cel-shaded CGI Western cartoon."

BUT... Then I noticed the mouth movement, and went "Oh... OH! So that's what they meant by... Oh... Oh no... Oh NO! No. No no no no no no nonononononoooooo!"

That mouth movement is exactly the same kind of underdetailed featureless mouth movement that is common to many anime, and which we got back in both Energon and Cybertron. Image

I have seen worse. Not from a Transformers cartoon, but I have seen something. Something that makes Energon look like a film from Studio Ghibli.
I have a blog now. Check it out:
http://www.hydrogenham.blogspot.com

Decepticon Stryker
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet and Pickup car
Speed: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:16 pm

Decepticon Stryker wrote:I have seen worse. Not from a Transformers cartoon, but I have seen something. Something that makes Energon look like a film from Studio Ghibli.
Yes yes, we know there's animation out there as bad as Food Fight, but that doesn't change the fact that Energon-grade animation is still bad.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Decepticon Stryker » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:19 pm

Motto: "Peace through Tyranny, Tyranny through Strength, Strength through Stealth"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
Decepticon Stryker wrote:I have seen worse. Not from a Transformers cartoon, but I have seen something. Something that makes Energon look like a film from Studio Ghibli.
Yes yes, we know there's animation out there as bad as Food Fight, but that doesn't change the fact that Energon-grade animation is still bad.

Thank you for not making me say the title to that abomination. I die a little every time I say it. But yeah, mouth movement is Energon-like, but the rest looks rather good in my opinion. Yes it's kinda sluggish, but still better than Energon.
I have a blog now. Check it out:
http://www.hydrogenham.blogspot.com

Decepticon Stryker
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet and Pickup car
Speed: 9
Courage: 7

Postby YoungPrime » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:19 pm

Xarmech wrote:I see Maxima fighting Menasor, but I don't see her anywhere else in the trailer. I hope they don't pull a "Cliffjumper" and kill her off before we get to know her.

P.S. Starscream sounds more like his G1 character, why so mad, and Windblade has been murder crazy in the comics before and at least she's not like her RID counterpart.

"Murder crazy"?

Her and Chromia together couldn't even beat Starscream in Windblade Vol. 1. Now they have her chopping off Combiner limbs..... Defend this all you like but if that wasn't some type of dream sequence or "danger room battle". I might be done with this show before it even starts.

The Developers of this show should know better.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:23 pm

YoungPrime wrote:The Developers of this show should know better.
Ah, but, see, the creators of this series had a similar goal in mind to that of the creators of the Prime cartoon, but whereas the Prime creators set out to make that show as "epic" as possible, this show's creators set out make this show as "bad-A-double-S" as possible. It is evident from what we've seen of this show so far where their priorities lay. ;)

:BANG_HEAD:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby YoungPrime » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:31 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:The Developers of this show should know better.
Ah, but, see, the creators of this series had a similar goal in mind to that of the creators of the Prime cartoon, but whereas the Prime creators set out to make that show as "epic" as possible, this show's creators set out make this show as "bad-A-double-S" as possible. It is evident from what we've seen of this show so far where their priorities lay. ;)

:BANG_HEAD:

Oh God, I hated that show! It was basically 23 minutes of Power Ranger Optimus and friends slaughtering scores of Putties I'm mean Decepticon drones.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby Kurona » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:29 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Windblade definitely was not murder-crazy in the slightest. You have read the comics, right? Seen her reaction to Starscream killing Chela?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:24 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
gantzrunner wrote:Jeez the animation looks beautiful, but it is so chopy it irritates my eyes. Look, we know it's 3d, so can we stop the practice of ditching frames to try and make it look like traditional animation? It feels like watching a clip on a bad connection, not quite buffering but not running smooth either. Hopefully the official release will look better, but there are a lot of animated shows that handle cg this way so I'm worried.

I think you mean the design and look of the show is good, but the animation itself is the movement and fluidity and that part isnt beautiful. I feel the same way as you. When I saw the transformation it looked like stop motion. Then again, if this had full backing and budget of a modern show (like Prime or RID) then it wouldnt have been relegated by a web series not even handled by third party production company.

Sabrblade wrote:BUT... Then I noticed the mouth movement, and went "Oh... OH! So that's what they meant by... Oh... Oh no... Oh NO! No. No no no no no no nonononononoooooo!"

That mouth movement is exactly the same kind of underdetailed featureless mouth movement that is common to many anime, and which we got back in both Energon and Cybertron.

It did feel animé-ish to me in the way there is a lack of frames (like the stop motion, slow mo feel), or how they will have a static image move against the background. And you talk of Cybertron but its not eve there, Cybertron had very fluid transformation sequences (the best ever, to me). Too bad they were never against an actual show background though :lol:
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Kurona » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:35 am

william-james88 wrote:And you talk of Cybertron but its not eve there, Cybertron had very fluid transformation sequences (the best ever, to me). Too bad they were never against an actual show background though :lol:

Hey, at least they had a nice clean background to make the sequences easier to use as a replacement set of instructions
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:51 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:And you talk of Cybertron but its not eve there, Cybertron had very fluid transformation sequences (the best ever, to me). Too bad they were never against an actual show background though :lol:

Hey, at least they had a nice clean background to make the sequences easier to use as a replacement set of instructions

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:31 am

Voice cast and production crew - http://collider.com/transformers-combiner-wars-trailer/

VOICE TALENT

• ANNA AKANA, Victorion. With her 1.8M followers across YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram, Akana is a social media powerhouse. As an actress, she has had roles in Marvel’s Ant Man, Hello, My Name is Doris, and Freeform’s The Fosters.
  • JON BAILEY, Optimus Prime. Otherwise known as the “EpicVoiceGuy,” Bailey is perhaps most recognizable as the current narrator of Honest Trailers.
  • CHARLIE GUZMAN, Menasor. Known best to his 2.6M YouTube subscribers as, “DashieGames,” Guzman has made a career out of gameplay videos. He’s built his impressive fan base by taking games like Grand Theft Auto and Mario Kart, and adding comedic commentary to his gameplay.
  • RICKY HAYBERG, Computron. Ricky is an actor, writer, and the host for Machinima’s franchise show, ETC.
  • AMY JOHNSTON, Maxima. Best known for her work with the production company, Bat in the Sun, Johnston has also cameoed in Machinima’s recent Street Fighter: Resurrection series.
  • JASON MARNOCHA, Megatron. Marnocha is an actor and writer known best for his work on Throne of Atlantis, Deathstroke: Arkham Assassin, and Justice League War Abridged.
  • LANA MCKISSACK, Mistress of Flame. McKissack is perhaps most well known for her YouTube channel, thanks to her comedy sketches. She also has an extensive list of acting credits that includes Four Rooms, The Magic Pearl, and The Passing.
  • BEN PRONSKY, Rodimus Prime. Pronsky is a voice actor with various TV and video game credits. He’s provided the voice to characters in shows like Aldnoah.Zero, and Magi: The Kingdom of Magic, and for games such as Dynast Warriors 8 and D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die.
  • PATRICK SEITZ, Devastator. With over 200 credits to his name, Seitz has provided voices for a variety of well-known films, TV shows, and video games. His work includes Inside Out, Monsters University, and Resident Evil: Damnation.
  • FRANK TODARO, Starscream. Todaro is a voice actor with various video game credits. They include Shardlight, Technobabylon, and LittleBigPlanet 1 & 2 where he was the voice of the Buzz Lightyear.
  • ABBY TROTT, Windblade. Trott is a voice actress with credits that include the TV series The Seven Deadly Sins and Miss Monochrome, as well as the video game Killer Instinct.

CREATORS

• ERIC CALDERON, Executive Producer. With over 20 years in animation, Calderon has developed more than a dozen animated TV series, including Afro Samurai with Samuel L. Jackson on SpikeTV.
  • GEORGE KRSTIC, Head Writer. Krstic’s 20+ year writing and producing career has spanned comedy and action animation with big franchises like Clone Wars and Speed Racer, as well as stylish originals like MTV’s Downtown and The Five Killers. He is also the creator of the Cartoon Network series Megas XLR and writes for comics and major video game titles.
  • FJ DESANTO, Writer. As a long itme development and production executive, Desanto has played an integral role in the Batman franchise and for films like Constantine and The Spirit. He has also served as a writer for DC Comics, Boom Studios, Archaia Entertainment, and Shopro Books. Desanto currently serves as President and Head of Development for Silver Fox Entertainment.
  • TATSUNOKO PRODUCTION Japanese production company, Tatsunoko, serves as one of the legendary story-telling forces in Japanese anime and hero culture. They’re known for creating worldwide classics such as Speed Racer and Gatchaman (Battle of the Planets).

So, on the voice acting side, it's mostly YouTube people, minor actors, Jon Bailey, and Patrick Seitz.

And Tatsunoko happens to have done one Transformers cartoon series previously: Sanjou Gattai Transformers Go!, the cartoon whose TFs had zero mouth movement. :P
Last edited by Sabrblade on Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:36 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
So there are only 3 combiners? That's.... kinda lame
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:40 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:So there are only 3 combiners? That's.... kinda lame
Four. Victorion, Menasor, Computron, Devastator.

At least, four who have speaking roles, that is. Others could appear with no dialogue.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Kurona » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:43 am

It's not so much a combiner war as much as it is a combiner playground scuffle.
Last edited by Kurona on Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:43 am

Sabrblade wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:So there are only 3 combiners? That's.... kinda lame
Four. Victorion, Menasor, Computron, Devastator.

At least, four who have speaking roles, that is. Others could appear with no dialogue.

We've seen Wheeljack in the trailer, yet he's not credited here. He might not have any lines.

forgot one, sorry.

But really though, where are the rest? Can you really have a true combiner war without 3 big guys like Superion, Defensor, and Bruticus? And who knows, maybe Optimus will become a combiner again here and Jon Bailey can voice a combiner and Prime all in one go
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:45 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:But really though, where are the rest?
Sabrblade wrote:Others could appear with no dialogue.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:03 am

Sabrblade wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:But really though, where are the rest?
Sabrblade wrote:Others could appear with no dialogue.

What I was more hoping for was some sort of idk say sneak peak at them, maybe showing up in the background like Devastator did...
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:05 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:What I was more hoping for was some sort of idk say sneak peak at them, maybe showing up in the background like Devastator did...
They're not gonna show us everything in our first look at the series. They need to have some things kept as surprises. What we saw in both the trailer and the SDCC clip were plenty sneak peaky.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby DeadCaL » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:10 pm

Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Eeesh, that voice acting :-?
Me Love Grimlock Superdeformed Dinobot Fun

DeadCaL
Minibot
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Firepower: 6

Postby King Kuuga » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:44 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Xarmech wrote:I see Maxima fighting Menasor, but I don't see her anywhere else in the trailer. I hope they don't pull a "Cliffjumper" and kill her off before we get to know her.

Based on that SDCC clip, this might be exactly what happens. Hello and goodbye, all-new character.

So yeah. The clip is nice, but Menasor needs more bass in his voice. These big, titanic guys should sound the part. Windblade is OP and vengeful as f***. The combiners better have some magical healing powers or this fight's gonna be over before it begins.

The cast.... mostly YouTube people. I mean, yay for them getting a break, but it's not really lending credibility to the production.

I hope it's even half as good as I'd initially hoped.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6

Postby Bronzewolf » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:05 pm

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
Seibertronians, we have another Machinima Designer video, similar to the Victorion-centered one we reported on a few days ago straight from the official Transformers instagram. This time it's on the topic of everyone's favorite (not so) jolly green giant, Devastator! The video, embedded below, confirms Devastator will have a part in the show, and his design seems to be based off of the Combiner Wars iteration. Check it out!

What do you think of Devvy's new design? Yay or nay? Tell us below! And, as always, keep your optics and audio sensors tuned to Seibertron.com!
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Courage: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HEATWAVE Fire-Bot Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019 Fire Truck"
Rescan HEATWAVE Fi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2022"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots PVC figure 2013 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER HOT SHOT 14" tall Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 New"
POWER HOT SHOT 14" ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2017 New Truck Diaclone"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDER CONSTRUCTION-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
BOULDER CONSTRUCTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2021 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN TWITCH Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
TERRAN TWITCH Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME COMMANDER-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
OPTIMUS PRIME COMM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool Racing Truck New"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOIST TOW-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
HOIST TOW-BOT Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON